Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243131 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 02:27:21 AM

For pow-mining you just need a valid CPID with existing magnitude > 0 (see the magnitude on the overview page) but you dont need any balance.

For Rosetta (cancer) mining you currently need 500bbp per magnitude.  Until April 1st, when it is expected to move to 20BBP per RAC instead.

Is it normal to have positive RAC but Magnitude = 0?
I read that magnitude = YourRAC/TotalProjectRac * 1000

Then why it shows as 0? Any idea?

Code:
22:03:18

exec getboincinfo

22:03:23

{
  "Command": "getboincinfo",
  "CPID": "6f10570756afd25e02ca7d0ca6bf1a44",
  "Address": "BSbfoMQj5fGE2Jnmre4hjbeAKMMifuPueW",
  "CPIDS": "6f10570756afd25e02ca7d0ca6bf1a44;",
  "CPID-Age (hours)": 422757,
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 36490,
  "NextSuperblockBudget": 1197260,
  "6f10570756afd25e02ca7d0ca6bf1a44_ADDRESS": "BSbfoMQj5fGE2Jnmre4hjbeAKMMifuPueW",
  "6f10570756afd25e02ca7d0ca6bf1a44_RAC": 564.74,
  "6f10570756afd25e02ca7d0ca6bf1a44_TEAM": 15044,
  "6f10570756afd25e02ca7d0ca6bf1a44_TaskWeight": 100,
  "6f10570756afd25e02ca7d0ca6bf1a44_UTXOWeight": 600,
  "Total_RAC": 564.74,
  "Total Payments (One Day)": 0,
  "Total Payments (One Week)": 0,
  "Total Budget (One Day)": 1197260,
  "Total Budget (One Week)": 7183560,
  "Superblock Count (One Week)": 7,
  "Superblock Hit Count (One Week)": 7,
  "Superblock List": "36285,36080,35875,35670,35465,35260,35055",
  "Last Superblock Height": 36285,
  "Last Superblock Budget": 1197260,
  "Last Superblock Payment": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Day)": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Week)": 0
}

And another question, I don't see BSbfoMQj5fGE2Jnmre4hjbeAKMMifuPueW as a Receiving address on my wallet. Is it normal?

Thanks!

Hmm, you should see the address in File | Receiving addresses.  If not try sending that address a few bbp, see if you receive it?  If you do its yours.

You can type 'validateaddress bbpaddress' and get more info about it.

On the RAC, yes you will have positive rac and magnitude=0 when you first start.  Your Mag increases as soon as you are included in a superblock.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:52:41 AM

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Jesus_Concise_Commandments

Remember #22, one of the primary reasons Biblepay was created.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:39:40 AM

Hmm, you should see the address in File | Receiving addresses.  If not try sending that address a few bbp, see if you receive it?  If you do its yours.

On the RAC, yes you will have positive rac and magnitude=0 when you first start.  Your Mag increases as soon as you are included in a superblock.

I've heard from more people that their Rosetta address wasn't in the 'receiving addresses' tab. I guess that the wallet takes an unused address from the pool of addresses that the wallet generated (on default it generates batches of a 1000, right?), but that doesn't mean that the address already is in the 'receiving addresses' tab.

I also received a feature request from someone. That person asked if it was possible to add a command to automatically stake the 'stakebalance' (maybe minus 1 to cover transaction costs). This way, you don't have to adjust the 'utxoamount=X' line every time your balance grows.

I also didn't know you had to have a magnitude of more than 0 in order to be able to heat-mine. I thought you just needed a CPID-association in your wallet. I agree that it should be like this, but maybe this requirement should also be made clear in the guides.

@Lichtsucher and Togo: I received questions about the need for staking from a couple of people. I updated http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2 with the current 500BBP per Magnitude requirement.

Lichtsucher: maybe you can also add the staking instructions to your guide?

I know that we are changing the staking requirements soon, but we do get questions about it right now, so it's better to try and answer these questions close to the source.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:09:46 AM

I've heard from more people that their Rosetta address wasn't in the 'receiving addresses' tab. I guess that the wallet takes an unused address from the pool of addresses that the wallet generated (on default it generates batches of a 1000, right?), but that doesn't mean that the address already is in the 'receiving addresses' tab.

I also received a feature request from someone. That person asked if it was possible to add a command to automatically stake the 'stakebalance' (maybe minus 1 to cover transaction costs). This way, you don't have to adjust the 'utxoamount=X' line every time your balance grows.

I also didn't know you had to have a magnitude of more than 0 in order to be able to heat-mine. I thought you just needed a CPID-association in your wallet. I agree that it should be like this, but maybe this requirement should also be made clear in the guides.

@Lichtsucher and Togo: I received questions about the need for staking from a couple of people. I updated http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2 with the current 500BBP per Magnitude requirement.

I know that we are changing the staking requirements soon, but we do get questions about it right now, so it's better to try and answer these questions close to the source.

Yes the CPID address thing threw me at first, but you should be able to find the address if in the debug console you type

listaddressgroupings

I suggested to Thomas and Togo that we consider adding a feature request form to the website.
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:09:48 PM

Is seems Rosetta's servers can't keep up with the growing demand for new tasks  Shocked

https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/server_status.php

That will surely get us noticed.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:59:59 PM

I do find it interesting that someone is voting the Extra for Compassion proposal down (9 sancs against it).
Im not complaining or acting as if this is bad behavior as that is what our proposal model is for: to provide a voice and platform for all sancs.

I just find it very interesting that the view is that we should not spend the extra coins on the orphans.  I dont see any anti-compassion posts in the forum thread:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=137.new#new

Right now its losing because it does not have the support.

I also see this same set of sancs is voting against Togos mixed-bag proposal.  Even though Togo is spending all of his extra time and basically devoting his whole life to Biblepay, designing wordpress on the side and holding free conference calls for us, going out and meeting people in public and writing reports on this, spreading word of mouth PR and writing articles and rewriting wikis, I cant really see the perspective on who would vote against Togos measly 330k proposal.  Shouldnt Togo deserve every coin he can raise... Hmmm.. Sounds like one particular sanc owner with a very "cheap" or "greedy" view.

I'm surprised there were no comments on this either...  This is unfortunate on both accounts..

It will be a few years till I have enough BBP for a sanc, lol...  but wish I could participate in that vote.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 01:37:13 PM

-> I remember we added code to add an address book entry at the same time.  Its supposed to be labeled "Rosetta".  If someone has a working balance with the address in "listaddressgroupings", but the address is not in your Receiving addresses, and you receive cancer rewards, could you please send me a screen shot to rob@biblepay.org of your receive addresses and paste your listaddressgroupings?

->  I mentioned this but it probably got lost in the shuffle.  Im planning on adding a feature over the next 20 days where the wallet takes a look at your RAC (from getboincinfo) when it does the podcupdate, and intelligently sends the correct amount in the stake payment, and if you dont have enough it sends everything you have.

->  Yes that should help keep the competetive nature of heat mining high.  But we also have to be cognizent in the pools, to make them not reward CPIDs who arent in superblocks.

Thanks for the suggestions all!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
kabog71

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:24:18 PM

Hi!

Why is it that I stop receiving PODC payment since last week?
Dimarzio123

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:24:46 PM

Hi
I am thinking of going for a sanctuary.
What is the current approx ROI?
TIA
PM
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:03:18 PM

Hi
TIA
PM

I believe its still about 125% per year.  Im receiving 5000 bbp every couple of days from each sanc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:03:57 PM

Hi!

Please check the pool Superblocks report to see why you are missing in the report.

If it makes you feel better I left my controller wallet off for 22 hours and missed last nights payment myself, 15K missing, going to others, Enjoy the Tip Researchers!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:05:50 PM

Great news, we had a backup of 50 inbound letters from our orphans.

The API was broken that facilitates the inbound letters into the pool and it is now fixed again.

So now you can click on Orphans | Inbound Letters and see all these wonderful inbound letters flowing in again.

I am reading them and I see one that says Thank you for writing to me and has a response.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:19:11 PM

->  I mentioned this but it probably got lost in the shuffle.  Im planning on adding a feature over the next 20 days where the wallet takes a look at your RAC (from getboincinfo) when it does the podcupdate, and intelligently sends the correct amount in the stake payment, and if you dont have enough it sends everything you have.

Ah, yes, I remember you were talking about this. I think it's a great feature to have Smiley

jaapgvk

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:22:17 PM

Hi
TIA
PM

In addition to what Rob said, Lichtsucher has a ROI-calculator on biblepay-central.org. I think it's been pretty accurate so far.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:40:14 PM

It's monthly budget time.

All of the proposals with a net Yes vote fit in this months superblock @ height 36900.

For Sancs:
Please verify the budget items you are voting on by logging in to the pool click Governance | View Proposals, then view the current Budget List.

You will see that all of the budget items match the voted in proposal list.

After you are happy with the budget, you may vote on it with this command:
gobject vote-many af9f85f7f83eacc9056db84aea7a9128bb1d8910cf95a48e7ba3a04e5ffae1ac funding yes

(This is equivalent to right clicking any budget row, and clicking Vote For Budget, and the same string will appear in the clipboard dialog).

Please vote for or against the budget.  The ETA is approx Monday evening (March 26th @ 10:30 PM CST) for the superblock.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

The change of the staking was the reason why I hadn't included it Smiley But you are right, it should be added. I will try to do that today.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
kabog71

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:29:55 PM

Hi!

Please check the pool Superblocks report to see why you are missing in the report.

If it makes you feel better I left my controller wallet off for 22 hours and missed last nights payment myself, 15K missing, going to others, Enjoy the Tip Researchers!

I am a newbie, my boinc is in a linux VPS. Do I need to run my controller windows wallet 24hrs to get PODC payment? Or the payment will come once my windows wallet is online?

Thanks!
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:56:28 PM

Hi!

I am a newbie, my boinc is in a linux VPS. Do I need to run my controller windows wallet 24hrs to get PODC payment? Or the payment will come once my windows wallet is online?

Thanks!

Your wallet needs to be online for it to be able to send PODC-updates. If your wallet can't send updates for some time, you won't be included in the next superblock (a PODC-update is valid for max 24 hours if I'm right).

If you don't want a second computer online at all time you could also run the wallet on the same linux VPS as Boinc is on, but I would strongly discourage that.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

So the problem I am trying to tackle with our website, is trying to make our messaging clear and simple
and appeal to those that know nothing or very little about cryptocurrency and help educate them

For example, think if Compassion, BLOOM or CameroonONE or a Church linked our website to their audience,
would any of them know what a block time is, or what ASIC-Resistant means, or what a Masternode is?

At most maybe some have heard of Bitcoin, but probably very few actually own any Bitcoin and even less own or know about altcoins.
So we have a very large uneducated crypto audience we want to appeal to.

We have crypto Miners, Day/Swing Traders, Investors, and then we have the general public.

So I think its best to make the landing page non-technical and highlight our main non-technical features
and give paths for the crypto uneducated to learn more and paths for the already crypto educated to dive into the technical details.

Our main non-technical features/highlights in my eyes are:  10% Charity, Cancer Research, and Spreading Christianity

And then more technically, we have the
Coin Specification (block time, number of coins, Biblehash algorithm, ASIC-Resistant, CPU Only, emissions rate, reward breakdown),
Masternodes (Decentralized Governance, Proposals, Voting, Monthly Budget, InstantSend, PrivateSend),
and Mining (POW, Cancer Research)

Ive analyzed over 15+ crypto websites and most of them are pretty bad at appealing to newcomers,
they assume the user already has a ton of crypto knowledge, and they throw too much information at users too quickly
and arent clear in what they are. (Bitcoin and Monero both did a bit of a better job appealing to newcomers)

https://bitcoin.org/
https://getmonero.org/

Anyways, would love feedback on what you guys think,
Im definitely not a web designer but this is my mockup so far:  http://54.213.89.10

Our current website: https://www.biblepay.org/

Also any general website feedback you can give here in "Website Enhancements & Suggestions" section on the BiblePay Forum:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=8.0

===

A month ago or so, Amanda B Johnson, spokesperson of Dash, cancelled her contract working with a PR firm after 3 months and basically gave up trying to spread the word of DASH to the general public / news outlets and is now doing a Youtube show and targeting the /r/Cryptocurrency subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/7zjptw/update_and_path_forward_from_amanda_b_johnson/

"I assumed the most fertile ground for spreading DASH awareness was among the crypto un-initiated. I thought that DASH would do well to try to get its name out there to newbs in the midst of growing cryptocurrency awareness.

I was wrong. Or rather, just not as right as I should have been.

Most of the un-initiated reporters I’ve been talking to over the last few months pretty much only want to know the supposed reasons for Bitcoin price movements, and whether their readers should buy it. When I steer the conversation toward DASH, it just leaves them even more confused than they already are. They can’t wrap their heads around one crypto, much less the fact that there are many and why DASH is best at so many things.

[...]

I now believe that the most fertile ground for DASH is -- for example -- amongst readers of r/cryptocurrency. That is, people who already own one or more crypto and likely trade on exchanges. Because they’re using exchanges, these people see their options and definitely know that DASH is among them."

Dimarzio123

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:00:26 PM

"So the problem I am trying to tackle with our website, is trying to make our messaging clear and simple
and appeal to those that know nothing or very little about cryptocurrency and help educate them

For example, think if Compassion, BLOOM or CameroonONE or a Church linked our website to their audience,
would any of them know what a block time is, or what ASIC-Resistant means, or what a Masternode is?

At most maybe some have heard of Bitcoin, but probably very few actually own any Bitcoin and even less own or know about altcoins.
So we have a very large uneducated crypto audience we want to appeal to."

For the initial contact.
Make the message more Christian and general:

Maybe something like:-

You have heard of crypto currencies and you would like to know more.
Take a look at Biblepay - a truly Christian crypto coin - which has goal of promoting charity, cancer research and spreading the word.

for technical stuff  - read on..........

Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: