Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 05:02:42 AM

I think it's pretty clear Hazard wasn't holding much (if any) BTC and he's taking a bath on douchecoins or whatever he is holding. The guy is a stubborn, lifelong loser...and he prefers to live in a fantasy world, within which he makes good decisions, as an attempt to curb his failure-induced depression. Since this guy has a real hard-on for Megacoin...we'll continue to witness his constantly deteriorating mental state.

His personality type is pretty common...and while their failure isn't always related to lack of intelligence (I don't think he's a complete idiot, by any means)...these type of people are bitter and financially strained until they take their last breath. They would rather live their life out depressed and financially strained than admit they were wrong...and the last thing they want is help that they can't disguise as a self-made accomplishment. They're seemingly incapable of making a good decision...and their arrogance further prevents them from any form of success. While there is no fundamental reason they can't change, of all of the examples I've witnessed firsthand, they never do. It's sad...but you can't help the needy if they slap your hand away.

A university psychology department should hire this guy full-time for classes to observe...because he represents the perfect storm of psychological disorders.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 05:12:10 AM

I think it's pretty clear Hazard wasn't holding much (if any) BTC and he's taking a bath on douchecoins or whatever he is holding. The guy is a stubborn, lifelong loser...and he prefers to live in a fantasy world, within which he makes good decisions, as an attempt to curb his failure-induced depression. Since this guy has a real hard-on for Megacoin...we'll continue to witness his constantly deteriorating mental state.

His personality type is pretty common...and while their failure isn't always related to lack of intelligence (I don't think he's a complete idiot, by any means)...these type of people are bitter and financially strained until they take their last breath. They would rather live their life out depressed and financially strained than admit they were wrong...and the last thing they want is help that they can't disguise as a self-made accomplishment. They're seemingly incapable of making a good decision...and their arrogance further prevents them from any form of success. While there is no fundamental reason they can't change, of all of the examples I've witnessed firsthand, they never do. It's sad...but you can't help the needy if they slap your hand away.

A university psychology department should hire this guy full-time for classes to observe...because he represents the perfect storm of psychological disorders.
Reminds me of hydroponica, but for other coins.
Shouldn't really be bothered by Hazard.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:33:43 AM

It won't take much for Megacoin to double, or quadruple from here. I guess you haven't been following the news? I figure by the time the new Android wallets, paper wallets, auction site, a couple stores, and a "bit" of Kimoto's magic, we are easily looking at 300% to 500% return over the next 6 months. I would much rather have steady earned growth, than a spike due to short term speculation.
You are delusional. These are worthless things that add nothing to the value of a coin.

Have fun with your sinking ship.

If you think these things don't bring value to a currency...

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you apparently lack an understanding of the most basic principles of economics.  

As I've said before, let's compare notes again in 6 months, or a year from now.  Wink

My background is in stocks and investing. Ask yourself how many investments you have seen in your entire lifetime with a chart like this, that didn't have a major correction soon after?

The bigger the spike, the bigger the correction... Every single time!

invert it - then ask yourself what is this btc valued against
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:35:52 PM

Whether the current BTC price is a bubble or not matters not to the success or not of Megacoin - I hold both so hopefully they both continue to rise steadily.

Continue to rise implies that it currently rising, or has been recently.
MEC isn't. It is lower than it was a week ago, or a month ago.
On the monthly view, it is falling steadily.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:37:34 PM

I love MEC, but I believe the fall is mainly for:

• Kimoto's rare updates - no news for stuff like ZeroCoin
  • BTC and LTC skyrocketing

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:52:44 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 05:37:15 AM by vtr99

Kimoto has been posting updates regularly on the new forum. I believe he posted here that the plan is to implement CoinJoin. Since NO other coin has managed to do this yet, I don't think it's that much of an issue at this point. There is plenty of good news on the way for Megacoin.  Cool
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:15:02 PM

All alts are dropping in value versus BTC because BTC has tripled in value versus USD in one month.  MEC has weathered the storm better than 90% of the other alts.  Mec's market cap in USD has increased of this period.  Once BTC stabilizes at it's new higher level, alts will have that much more potential.

bholzer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:30:40 PM

All alts are dropping in value versus BTC because BTC has tripled in value versus USD in one month.  MEC has weathered the storm better than 90% of the other alts.  Mec's market cap in USD has increased of this period.  Once BTC stabilizes at it's new higher level, alts will have that much more potential.

The problem is that you are using too much logic here. The fact that the USD value of Megacoin has increased over the past 30 days while decreasing for the majority of altcoins is irrelevant to a lot of these people -- Litecoins are pushing $5 each and people still think they're down from when they were worth $2.50 and BTC was at $80 because doing that much math makes their heads hurt! 2 numbers?! Forget it!

If the value of your neighbor's house doubles...and the value of your house goes up 50%...your house is still worth more even if the ratio to the value of your neighbor's house is reduced. Unfortunately, we're dealing with people that lack the ability to understand a concept like this -- the only way they can comprehend it is if we agree upon a static number all crypto is compared to. Bring 2 numbers into the equation and their heads explode. Who cares about purchasing power? They need simple numbers and simple graphs or they will draw their own invalid conclusions and shout them from the mountain top because they're arrogant enough to think they're correct.

Never in my life have I been involved with something that involves such a diverse mix of intelligence levels, maturity levels, and arrogance regardless. There are geniuses involved in crypto and on the other end there are people that think Megacoin is dropping in value and state it as if it's a fact -- I'm not even sure it's possible to educate most of these people; we're talking about a pretty basic concept here. Ultimately, they will be weeded out...but until then it will certainly be frustrating.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:25:24 PM

Is there a single exchange where MEC can be traded for USD?
The comparison for cryptocurrencies is BTC, that is the 'base' currency.
And now, last week and for the last month, you would have been better off in BTC than USD.
MEC has been very profitable for trading, but not for holding.

The same logic would say that it is worth spending 100 BTC for an ASIC that will only ever generate 50 BTC, because you think BTC will increase against USD.
Either way (MEC or ASIC) you end up with less BTC than you started with.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:28:03 PM

Kimoto has been posting updates regularly on the new forum. I believe he posted here that the plan it to implement CoinJoin. Since NO other coin has managed to do this yet, I don't think it's that much of an issue at this point. There is plenty of good news on the way for Megacoin.  Cool
It doesn't mean that others aren't planning to do the same.
This proves nothing and is not of benefit to us.
I plan to fly to Mars.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bholzer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:41:08 PM

Is there a single exchange where MEC can be traded for USD?
The comparison for cryptocurrencies is BTC, that is the 'base' currency.
And now, last week and for the last month, you would have been better off in BTC than USD.
MEC has been very profitable for trading, but not for holding.

The same logic would say that it is worth spending 100 BTC for an ASIC that will only ever generate 50 BTC, because you think BTC will increase against USD.
Either way (MEC or ASIC) you end up with less BTC than you started with.

No...although Cryptsy is working on implementing USD into their exchange and I am working on an MEC-focused exchange that will also buy/sell MEC for USD (albeit initially, the exchange portion of the service will not include USD for legal reasons -- I will buy/sell as a separate service.)

Of course you would be better off in BTC than USD over the last month -- BTC is almost worth 3 times what it was at its October low. I assure you that the Bitcoin price increase is not breaking news on the primary Bitcoin Forum. You would also be better off in LTC or MEC than USD over the past month.

Since October 8th, the Megacoin market cap has risen from $221,000 to it's current value of $364,057 -- a 60% increase. Just because you can't perform the calculations on your own (current Bitcoin price multiplied by the MEC:BTC ratio) doesn't make it any less of a fact.

By your logic, almost everything of value has been tanking for the last month. Sure DOW hit an all-time high today and is up 5.5% over the last 30 days...but in terms of BTC the BTC ratio it's down over 250% in that same span. The value of my house is down 250%...my salary has decreased over 250%. You see how your logic is flawed? It wouldn't make any sense for everything to rise simultaneously with the Bitcoin value -- if anything, you'd assume the opposite would be true because people are going to be selling altcoins to move into Bitcoins during rallies like this.

Unless you live your life and determine the value of everything based solely on Bitcoin...which I've never met anybody who has...you are flat wrong. Just because one thing outgains another in value doesn't mean they can't both increase in value. You must have gotten killed on your Iowa Basic tests when you were a kid  Grin

To me, I determine the gain or loss of value based on purchasing power. In my case, it's a combination of USD and any applicable inflation. If my investment is outpacing inflation, it's a good investment. Sure BTC has been amazing...but there are times when BTC has dropped and MEC stabilized my portfolio.

Another thing you need to realize is that once the Bitcoin price stabilizes...interest will start flowing back into altcoins. This might affect the Bitcoin value slightly...but due to it's $4 billion market cap it doesn't take a lot to send altcoin prices up on a rocket. This situation represents a rare opportunity to really get involved in altcoins before they blow up again...and you're looking at a 1 dimensional image instead of taking advantage.

If you want to go around and tell everyone that everything they own is going down the toilet in value because the Bitcoin value is surging, that's your right regardless of how illogical it may be. I think everybody would agree that it isn't constructive...and if that's honestly what you believe perhaps you need to learn the absolute basics of finance before drawing future conclusions...but I'd really like to think nobody truly thinks like that -- please tell me you understand the basic concept of value.

bholzer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:50:14 PM

Kimoto has been posting updates regularly on the new forum. I believe he posted here that the plan it to implement CoinJoin. Since NO other coin has managed to do this yet, I don't think it's that much of an issue at this point. There is plenty of good news on the way for Megacoin.  Cool
It doesn't mean that others aren't planning to do the same.
This proves nothing and is not of benefit to us.
I plan to fly to Mars.  Roll Eyes

Who cares? If you're worried about the future of Megacoin maybe hedge your bets? I'm continuing to mine and buy Megacoin because I trust that things are in motion...and I took it a step further and I'm putting together some things as well. Everybody is busy and my projects aren't moving as quickly as I'd like but when this stuff starts dropping...people will start jumping into Megacoin. Everybody seems hell-bent on using hype to grow the value...but that simply isn't sustainable. Who cares what the value is right now? The currency is in its infancy and I don't intend to sell anytime soon. How is Kimoto supposed to use his limited Megacoin time for developing when everybody is in here demanding updates?

I understand the desire to be kept in the loop but you don't realize how lucky we are to have a developer still dedicated to the project and still bothering to make the occasional post 5 months after the coin launched.

I agree that promises and status updates/etc shouldn't be enough to attract people to Megacoin and drive the value up -- when projects are actually completed the time will be right for promotion. However...if promises and status updates are worthless to you ("This proves nothing and is not of benefit to us") why demand the developer wastes time with them?

I dunno...as a developer myself I'll just never get it. When it's done, it's done -- that's always my philosophy.

daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:06:46 AM

We still need translators for the following:

German, Portuguese, Korean

I saw you noted you might have someone for German... but i did not see it posted that it was completed?

Does this still need to be done?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 12:09:54 AM

That's funny, because I went all in on BTC during the silk road dip, and haven't sold it yet. Don't think I'm hurting too much. Cheesy

Again, tell me how your MEC stake is doing in comparison? Huh

alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:56:14 AM

Please remind me of you coins hazard, did one of them succeed? Pro Pump and Dumper.
Mec is doing fine, and the community is doing fine, thanks for asking Smiley

Problems with altcoins is that markets destroy them, megacoin seems a bit more mature than that, how much coins ended during this BTC rally? Quite a few.

Megacoin is not one of them, go back scamming noobs, we know you won't contribute.

If you think that by posting here you'll get people to join your coins, then you must be more stupid than i thought. Learn the difference between constructive discussions and autocracy. We do what we want, you won't stop us.

Are you trying to get some revenue out of your website? 50% of the visits must come from us

bholzer

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:50:24 AM

That's funny, because I went all in on BTC during the silk road dip, and haven't sold it yet. Don't think I'm hurting too much. Cheesy

I'm doing just fine, actually. MEC market cap is up about 60% over the last 30 days. Surely not as impressive as BTC...but I hold both.

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:42:48 AM

Two points give away the fact that you are a small-time stooge. First, anyone that goes "all in" on a trade has no experience manage wealth of any significance.  Second, anyone that touts hindsight trades is either A) a liar or B) overjoyed they were actually correct for once.  In either case, these are common attributes of a small fish with no clout.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:09:52 AM

Continuation of the website translations discussion can be found in the Megacoin forum thread here: https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=4.0

German and Finnish translations received today - Thank you!

onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:52:21 AM

hey everyone, you should all watch this video, very interesting discussion with relevance to Megacoin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-78OkvEWfA

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:40:18 AM

hey everyone, you should all watch this video, very interesting discussion with relevance to Megacoin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-78OkvEWfA

Thank you onetime! Great find!
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: