Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388604 times)
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:26:47 AM

i can remember a while back i saw a block confirmed on silverwolfs pool.  and 5 mins later the same block confirmed on bottlecaps pool!  I expected to see it become an orphan but it didn't! I didn't know enough about how mmcfe worked so i didn't question it.  the block if i remember correctly was 21090..   

what really made me suspicious was that the block was mined by user torispelling.

That bitch...

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 01:12:20 AM

the Caps arrived at their destination .

thank you for your support in this matter.

hopefully with a new client and some work these things could be resolved in the future .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:16:35 AM

hopefully with a new client and some work these things could be resolved in the future .

Good.  I'm glad.  Smiley

I'm not a dev of CAP but I honestly believe an attack on any coin is an attack on altcoins as a whole.  And I don't want to see people lose money because of the actions of these tech bullies.

-Merc
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 01:32:33 AM

Good.  I'm glad.  Smiley

I'm not a dev of CAP but I honestly believe an attack on any coin is an attack on altcoins as a whole.  And I don't want to see people lose money because of the actions of these tech bullies.

-Merc

I really don't think anyone is a "Tech bully" - its a market mechanism , i generally support multi-pools as they are just another innovation, although i do not use them as i can be more efficient manually  .

they don't bother me in the slightest.  - if the Caps were lost they were lost - i would make it known and so would others , then support and confidence would drop on the currency etc.

this is also a mechanism of an informational market , so if there is no solution then confidence will be ultimately eroded.

this is not miners fault , that's a little childish to say so , if there are sCrypt ASICs out now,  then in a larger scale they will do the same thing to larger environment.

and so it goes.   

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mercSuey

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:44:45 AM

Good.  I'm glad.  Smiley

I'm not a dev of CAP but I honestly believe an attack on any coin is an attack on altcoins as a whole.  And I don't want to see people lose money because of the actions of these tech bullies.

-Merc

I really don't think anyone is a "Tech bully" - its a market mechanism , i generally support multi-pools as they are just another innovation, although i do not use them as i can be more efficient manually  .

they don't bother me in the slightest.  - if the Caps were lost they were lost - i would make it known and so would others , then support and confidence would drop on the currency etc.

this is also a mechanism of an informational market , so if there is no solution then confidence will be ultimately eroded.

this is not miners fault , that's a little childish to say so , if there are sCrypt ASICs out now,  then in a larger scale they will do the same thing to larger environment.

and so it goes.  

You completely misunderstood what I said.  The 'tech bully' was in reference to a attacker, for example, on FTC network with several Gh/s.  That's a tech bully.

I didn't even mention multipool...what are you smoking?  lol
eBit

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:29:27 AM

Good.  I'm glad.  Smiley

-Merc

This is the first I'm hearing of an attack on the CAP network. Could you please post the link?
John Eden (OP)

Activity: 98

Have you mined Bottlecaps today?

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:54:10 AM

Good.  I'm glad.  Smiley

-Merc

This is the first I'm hearing of an attack on the CAP network. Could you please post the link?

It does not appear to be an attack of any sort

Check out Bottlecaps: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/242-bottlecaps-cap/  | Check us out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bottlecaps/629515757059363 | CAP Foundation donations: F2YX4Aiyk9p2WqXHrrGGgVuskTxCGYpaG9
mercSuey

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:04:50 AM

Good.  I'm glad.  Smiley

-Merc

No one knows what happened or how it happened.  And there was talk that maybe there was an attempted attack while multipool switched to CAP (because the big jump in network hashrate would camouflage an attacker).  But pure speculation and nothing more.  So when this guy said his coins went through, I was glad that an 'attack' or whatever it was didn't cause him to lose his coins.  I should have quoted the word 'attack'.  Good news is that PoS blocks should be kicking in and security of the network will be increasing by each minute.  Cheers!
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:06:43 AM

Good.  I'm glad.  Smiley

-Merc

No one knows what happened or how it happened.  And there was talk that maybe there was an attempted attack while multipool switched to CAP (because the big jump in network hashrate would camouflage an attacker).  But pure speculation and nothing more.  So when this guy said his coins went through, I was glad that an 'attack' or whatever it was didn't cause him to lose his coins.  I should have quoted the word 'attack'.  Good news is that PoS blocks should be kicking in and security of the network will be increasing by each minute.  Cheers!

Not very likely, we have been on CAP for 3 or 4 days now at least hourly.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:03:10 AM

Got a client working on the correct chain now. Setting up nodes and doing final testing. Stand by release will be tongiht without any road bumps
greek_hephaestus

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:35:48 AM

Cryptsy was suspended Bottlecaps!!
Do you have any info when the v1.4 will be available?

John Eden (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:51:50 AM

12 hours at the latest. Most likely within 2

Check out Bottlecaps: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/242-bottlecaps-cap/  | Check us out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bottlecaps/629515757059363 | CAP Foundation donations: F2YX4Aiyk9p2WqXHrrGGgVuskTxCGYpaG9
Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:12:46 AM

12 hours at the latest. Most likely within 2

Oh good. I had a similar experience, sending coins from Cryptsy to my wallet last night, they didn't show up until this afternoon which is pretty unlike Cryptsy. I came here after sending to see that there was an anomalous chain, but I'm happy to say the coins arrived and the client seems happy.

Very excited about the 1.4 release! Can't wait! Smiley

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
John Eden (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:45:36 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 01:29:03 PM by John Eden

Downloads:
Source:
https://mega.co.nz/#!Md0UFZQT!H7JBVRch-T7f7AKotacbYk6KmEtVs0xF3eIM3vyesC8
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0V-7FME2rcyZmZXbE5FR19GUjA/edit?usp=sharing

Windows-Qt:
https://mega.co.nz/#!sZl22DDB!EJ2JqxpWzaysRP-uaGjB92rla9sTo7RojB3J2lI0GMg
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0V-7FME2rcyT3NmNXRiWU11Rm8/edit?usp=sharing CTRL+S or go to File then download to download the .rar. Files cannot be downloaded individually. That is the source of the confusion with the 404 errors

Version 1.4 Release notes. We worked furiously through out the day to nail down the location of the forks. We got the necessary checkpoints and changes in place to get synced to the longest chain. At the time of this release it had a block height of 50610. It was the chain Multipool and verns pool have been on. We have added more dedicated nodes and will include even more in the upcoming release. Now appointed 1.4.1 This release has been only slightly delayed to ensure the network regains full functionality and security.

Once cryptsy resumes trading and is on the correct chain all deposits should begin to go through if the sender has updated to the new client. As long as the coins were not minted on the incorrect chain. Erundooks pool seems to be the most affected by this decision. We are sincerely sorry for any loss to the miners at his or any other pool that was affected.

We decided to go with this chain to reduce the overall loss to the miners. They were in no way at fault for this and we hope this minimizes losses as much as possible. The majority of the network was also on this chain

I struggled to narrow down th correct chain due to the explorers them selves being out of sync. I had a immense amount of help from Justin7674. I would not have been able to narrow down the forks and get the client syncing correctly without him. Bottlecaps development is a very unrewarding position. We appreciate his help very much

Installation instructions Windows QT:

1. Close your client and delete the folder that contains Bottlecaps V1.3
2. Click Start and search Run.
3. Run the location %appdata%
4. Navigate to roaming/Bottlecaps
5. Delete everything in this folder accept Wallet.dat and Bottlecaps.conf
6. In your Bottlecaps.conf folder remove all nodes and add the following

addnode=192.241.148.204
addnode=199.180.115.100
addnode=199.180.115.125
addnode=50.137.233.14

6. Extract the new Bottlecaps V1.4 folder to your desired location
7. Run Bottlecaps-qt.exe and patiently wait for the correct blockchain to download

Verify you are on the correct chain. http://bottlecaps.kicks-ass.net/block_crawler.php

We will have a full briefing on any and all losses incurred by this unfortunate situation within the next 24 hours. For now Get back to mining!

eBit

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:09:38 AM

Thanks. Blockchain downloaded. All coins confirmed.

I'm synced up with this:
http://bottlecaps.kicks-ass.net/block_crawler.php

Is this explorer people should check?

justin7674

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:11:16 AM

Yup you are on the right chain. And yes that is the correct explorer.
John Eden (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:12:09 AM

Thanks. Blockchain downloaded. All coins confirmed.

I'm synced up with this:
http://bottlecaps.kicks-ass.net/block_crawler.php

Is this explorer people should check?

Yes both explorers are on the right chain. Diatonics explorer just seems a little slow to update

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 10:27:07 AM

Great working fixing the problem quickly, hopefully Vern gets it to cryptsy soon!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
justin7674

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:33:09 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 10:44:15 AM by justin7674

I have done an intense investigation on this. I have come to the conclusion that two network nodes had lost connection and subsequently caused the network to fork. The issue has been resolved by the follow. We have reached the best fit approach that will keep the value of this coin high by going towards the cryptsy chain. The cryptsy chain had a connection directly to both of my nodes at the time of the accident of which had 21 connections not including the two pools that were operating on other nodes at the current time. The banscore of my nodes had been triggered by orphans being submitted so the pools left my nodes.

So therefore I have come to the conclusion that the cryptsy chain is the main blockchain and the others are forks. I found a total of 4 forks that occured around the time of the incident. All have been removed and there is only one chain existing now.

To address this issue we have restructured the network to always have active connections through to eachother no matter what.
FAT_32

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:39:55 AM

Hello!
I have an error when compiling:

bottlecaps-master/src# make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount parent )
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
g++ -O2 -msse2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/pools/cap/src/bottlecaps-master/src -I/pools/cap/src/bottlecaps-master/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o bottlecapsd obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/noui.o obj/kernel.o obj/pbkdf2.o obj/scrypt_mine.o obj/scrypt-x86.o obj/scrypt-x86_64.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread
obj/alert.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bottlecapsd] Error 1

what am I doing wrong?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: