Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:41:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🚀 VANYWHERE – World’s #1 Skill-sharing Platform on the Blockchain 🚀  (Read 8931 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sexymadafaka

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:06:00 PM

How advance could courses over Vanywhere be? I mean would be possible to learn how to dive a truck or something?
killer9966

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:07:44 PM

What is the capacity of the platform? How many users can it withstand?

Don't know about the exact number, but it will probably grow in time.
djuro74556

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:08:47 PM

If the skiller is selling makeup tips, for example, don't you think that camera quality of the device plays a big role in the outcome?
How is this regulated?

Like lighting and shit?
I guess foir this particular skill could be a problem

They could go around it by talking in detail about what's being applied and how. Do you think there could be a lot of situations where camera quality could play a factor in the outcome?

Somehow i thought that mobile phone camera is not issue anymore,should be good enough,if you have any decent phone that is not older than 2-3 years.

I'm not sure you would actually be able to download the app on a phone that doesn't have a proper camera. For makeup and such the customer would have to make sure to have at least basic conditions for the lesson/call in regards to lighting.

You'll have to have a very good phone to serve the purpose.
innerDemon

Activity: 176

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:10:21 PM

Do you think the income from this app will be enough to be a day job for a skiller?

Depends on how good the skiller is.

Yeah, greater the skill greater the profit I suppose. But it also depends about the general need for a certain skill.
jakezyrus00

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:07:00 AM

I've read the first page of this project. So it means that if the users finally found someone who have the skills they are looking for, then the person they found will do the service for them? So if I am the user, it means the person I found will go to my place and do the job for me? That is how it works?

He will help you in what you need.
Want to learn to cook?
To open a crypto wallet?
To know what to wear to a party?

you find the right skiller with the relevant Skill and they help you in what you need, on a live 1 on 1 video call, or chat.

That's what I like about this project - so many possibilities and it's up to you how you gonna use it.
I think this project will have a little difficulty in finding customers because is there anyone will make a call or find somebody online to teach them in the things they want to know? I don't think so, because now a days if a person want to know something or want to improve something, probably they will visit youtube, google or any other sites that can help them. I just thought of it.

Well we believe that in many cases people that search online still prefer to talk to a live person on the other side. Think about something difficult of frustrating, like open a crypto wallet or cooking a meal - won't you prefer someone that master it on the other side? Guiding you thru the process?

We made a huge test on Apple's customer support and the demand was huge! People was willing to pay for getting an assistance from a real live person.
And nowadays, time IS money. So search for a solution on line might take hours, you get Millions of results from Google while all you needed was one.
Yeah I get it. I know that this project is quite unique but what I am just saying, maybe the team will have difficulties finding customers. Aside from that, how do we know if the details/information comes to the person we talked with the reliable, efficient and true?

You mean like, how do we know that skiller is giving you correct information? I guess you will notice pretty soon if for example, some solution or info a skiller gives you doesn't work. Then you will make him or her a bad review and after several of those they would be disqualified.
So it means even you are agreeing with me that there is a possibility that the skiller will not give me a reliable information? And I will not noticed immediately that the skiller does not give me a correct info because I need to try it first before I conclude that the info is reliable? I am just criticizing this project in order for the others to completely understand how this project works, I am not a hater of it. Just sayin'

There is always the risk that someone who is giving you lesson is actually giving you false information.For example,you pay for language course in real life,or math,how do you know you are getting correct info?

And community will soon sort the ones who dont have adequate skills anyway.
Yeah there is always a risk for that, but there is a way to eliminate that problem little by little. Someone here said that if the skiller will give a false info, he/she can be report to the admin immediately. In that way, no one will give a troll information.

our solution covered it as we don't transfer the tokens and check manually each disputed case.
That is good, in that case the tokens are really secured because you will going to hold it while checking if there is something wrong. Thanks for answering sir.
Calvireish

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:24:02 AM

How advance could courses over Vanywhere be? I mean would be possible to learn how to dive a truck or something?

Don't you need some special license for that, to be able to drive truck?
Ajutokintumi

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:47:08 AM

Do you think the income from this app will be enough to be a day job for a skiller?

Yeah, greater the skill greater the profit I suppose. But it also depends about the general need for a certain skill.

Of course,but in genral i dont think this is usposed to be real job.More like some way to get extra money.
Tropwal

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:55:27 AM

Yeah i dont think Vanywhere creators had this kind of things in mind.
Ranunculus2

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:12:35 AM

Of course,but in genral i dont think this is usposed to be real job.More like some way to get extra money.

I figured the same as you - this is best for those DIY skills. Like  how to macrame or make your own wooden shelf.
Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:20:19 AM

Unless you have some certain skill that is in very high demand, and you completely focus on that. But yeah in general I agree.
UncleT

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:09:44 AM

Yup, we won't be seeing any surgeries done via the platform Smiley as I understand this is ment to be just a helping hand in some casual work you might be doing.
anminaeff

Activity: 171

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 11:47:19 AM

Yup, we won't be seeing any surgeries done via the platform Smiley as I understand this is ment to be just a helping hand in some casual work you might be doing.
Hello! Very interesting project, I wish the developers a great profit
Ranunculus2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:39:16 PM

It would be great so see some examples in action - like the video where Diego got some styling advice, but for another type of skill.
Diego_Armando (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:27:33 PM

How will the rate vs fiat be determined for the tokens?
Every few days (and depend on market changes) we will set the prices according rate changes. The Skillers sets their price in USD and we sets it in VANY.

Now I understand, it actually depend on the market changes. This information are so useful to everyone. And how will we know the moment the price changes? Are you honna uodate us about it?

Yes we will update.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:28:30 PM

Also, have you considered putting auctions, so if there's an congestion of a certain skiller, people can opt to pay more

No, we don't want to put the Skiller time out to auction. He sets his own price and receive calls whenever he wants. If the demand is huge he can consider work more and / or change his price but its only up to him.

This is actually the best approach as it lets the Skiller earn money more on his terms than the app behaving as his boss Cheesy

Yes, this should be as flowy as it can. How do the calls work? Do you have to set a time in advance so that the skiller knows when to be available or will you be able to approach only the ones that are active (online) at the moment?

You can call only the active ones. You can message the others. We saw in the case study that most users first messaged the Skiller to set a time and then they made the call. Both options are open.

Yes I suppose that most people will text first to arrange a video session, because most skillers will probably be busy with other stuff also.

What if it's urgent? Will there be on the fly price changes for urgent calls? I can imagine there could be some situations where you don't want to wait some time to get things done.

If the Skiller is online, you'll see a green line, and you can call directly.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

Also, have you considered putting auctions, so if there's an congestion of a certain skiller, people can opt to pay more

No, we don't want to put the Skiller time out to auction. He sets his own price and receive calls whenever he wants. If the demand is huge he can consider work more and / or change his price but its only up to him.

This is actually the best approach as it lets the Skiller earn money more on his terms than the app behaving as his boss Cheesy

Yes, this should be as flowy as it can. How do the calls work? Do you have to set a time in advance so that the skiller knows when to be available or will you be able to approach only the ones that are active (online) at the moment?

You can call only the active ones. You can message the others. We saw in the case study that most users first messaged the Skiller to set a time and then they made the call. Both options are open.

Yes I suppose that most people will text first to arrange a video session, because most skillers will probably be busy with other stuff also.

What if it's urgent? Will there be on the fly price changes for urgent calls? I can imagine there could be some situations where you don't want to wait some time to get things done.

Maybe there could be some VIP membership for users,where you have priority,and some other benefits?

For users the only cost is the token paid for the Skiller for his service.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:31:26 PM

Are those who pay skillers for services gonna also get some review,or grade?

Like buyer/seller rating on ebay?

I think it would be useful, but then again, if it's automatic charging, then buyer is always paying and can't "unpay"

How would this unpay part work - you would have to wait for some time to get your money back.
And I'm wondering if the prices will be affordable for users who don't have such a high living standard like US residents - people from poorer countries.

1st - The tokens for the service are sent to a smart contract for 48 hours for a cooling period, and not to the Skiller, only after the cooling period.

So you don't pay at all until you approve the quality of the service. If you open a dispute we have this 48 hours to decide. if you give 5 start for the service than the money sent immediately.

2nd - the Skiller sets his price per minute, and the market force of demand and supply will set it. Also there are Skillers and users from all around the world so the price range will be wide.

Will users who constantly open disputes and give low rating gooing to be removed too?

I hope there will be some way to protect Skillers from users too,who will want to get cheaper price,or even blackmail Skillers.

They can just choose not to sell their skills to that person. Like on Airbnb, you can't negotiate a set price once the price is in the system.

So buyers will also have some rating,or atleast place where Skillers will be able to leave feedback?

No. only in case of a dispute.

Hm,wont that be problematic,that Skiller wont know  anything about the buyer,and whats his previous history on Vanywhere?So for example,if you see that  Skillers had issues with some particular user who wants to hire  you,you can  rather refuse the service  than bothering  with disputes.

If im a Skiller on Vanywhere,i would definitely like to see that option.If not rating,atleast some comments about buyers.

You can always see the buyers profile.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:33:48 PM

If the skiller is selling makeup tips, for example, don't you think that camera quality of the device plays a big role in the outcome?
How is this regulated?

We cant regulate camera quality.
This is the reason why a Skiller can offer free minutes in the beginning of the conversation. To see if they fit, and talking about same thing, and to see that technically all works.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:35:05 PM

How does Vanywhere profit from this colaboration?

Its a good connection to a very good blockchain platform. Its faster, and with lower fees, so no brainer for us.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:42:06 PM

How is this regulated?

Like lighting and shit?
I guess foir this particular skill could be a problem

They could go around it by talking in detail about what's being applied and how. Do you think there could be a lot of situations where camera quality could play a factor in the outcome?

Most of new smartphones has a pretty good camera.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: