Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:24:43 PM

I'd like to further clarify our plans to incentivize SAT so that it will increase in worth:

1. Social transactions - Make use of SAT to send money to another user.
2. We plan to integrate a Marketplace. - Users can simply create products or advertise services that their friends can see and purchase using SAT
3. Sphere Ad Platform - Users can easily advertise their products by displaying targeted ad pieces in the news feed. Users will have to pay for the advertising space. The platform will feature per-click and per -impression functions and cost will be deducted automatically from the seller's wallet.
4. Users will be getting paid if they allow a portion or all of their of their data to sold. 
Many thanks for the clarification. You can elaborate on the fourth point. What kind of data are you talking about?

The fourth point sounds pretty similar to what the project DATUM is planning to do. So I assume you can decide if you wanna sell the data you put into the Sphere social network.

Yes is going to be like that, similarly to Datum indeed.

It would be nice to know if its a general settings or go deep in details.

It seems they are taking all best ideas from other projects, bringing it all together in one place. Very interested in seeing how it develops.

It's not a bad tactic! The project will definitely be successful. Let's wait for the sales results!

The team does have this differential, learning from the mistakes of others, others that have designed decentralized networks and Icos that designed the sale of data granted by the user have failed and left a space to be filled. After the success achieved by Sphere, I see all the potential to dominate this segment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:53:55 PM

The features around the sphere platform will be very important for the success of it. If there is a lot of useful features, like a marketplace for exemple, and compliant with blockchain users and decentralized spirit, the platform can be used by a lot of people.
Yeah, there will be a sphere marketplace in Q3 2018, there are other projects with this kind of product/development.
I really want to see sphere's strategies to compete with them.

Right now, many of these platforms are using the same features (like marketplace). It is going to be a big competition between these platforms, in the end only 1 or 2 will succeed
Yes, 1 or 2 place for successful global marketplace, but if they can manage about their target properly, they can also be successfull.
Like there are a few successful online shops in my country but not globally.
I also think that ther're many platforms like that. All of them can't suceed so they need to put a lot of effort on it and have a good markerting campaign to be succesful
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:55:56 PM

The features around the sphere platform will be very important for the success of it. If there is a lot of useful features, like a marketplace for exemple, and compliant with blockchain users and decentralized spirit, the platform can be used by a lot of people.
Yeah, there will be a sphere marketplace in Q3 2018, there are other projects with this kind of product/development.

Right now, many of these platforms are using the same features (like marketplace). It is going to be a big competition between these platforms, in the end only 1 or 2 will succeed
I agree with you only a few will succeed in this whole marketplace industry 2018will be a very interesting year. I think we will see a lot of surprises.

loup

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:34:20 PM

I'd like to further clarify our plans to incentivize SAT so that it will increase in worth:

1. Social transactions - Make use of SAT to send money to another user.
2. We plan to integrate a Marketplace. - Users can simply create products or advertise services that their friends can see and purchase using SAT
3. Sphere Ad Platform - Users can easily advertise their products by displaying targeted ad pieces in the news feed. Users will have to pay for the advertising space. The platform will feature per-click and per -impression functions and cost will be deducted automatically from the seller's wallet.
4. Users will be getting paid if they allow a portion or all of their of their data to sold. 
Many thanks for the clarification. You can elaborate on the fourth point. What kind of data are you talking about?

The fourth point sounds pretty similar to what the project DATUM is planning to do. So I assume you can decide if you wanna sell the data you put into the Sphere social network.

Yes is going to be like that, similarly to Datum indeed.

It would be nice to know if its a general settings or go deep in details.

It seems they are taking all best ideas from other projects, bringing it all together in one place. Very interested in seeing how it develops.

It's not a bad tactic! The project will definitely be successful. Let's wait for the sales results!

The team does have this differential, learning from the mistakes of others, others that have designed decentralized networks and Icos that designed the sale of data granted by the user have failed and left a space to be filled. After the success achieved by Sphere, I see all the potential to dominate this segment.
These ideas are not new but putting them together can help to make the project succesful.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:39:51 PM

I agree with you only a few will succeed in this whole marketplace industry 2018will be a very interesting year. I think we will see a lot of surprises.
Surprises are almost sure but in my opinion there will be some projects and currencies are almost sentenced to skyrocket
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:41:35 PM

Question on the US citizen.  If i decide to purchase the tokens and dev finds out that Im a US citizen, what will you do with my tokesn? thanks

if you do the kyc process with your documents, you wont even have a chance to buy the tokens as a us citizen. they will exclude you from their sale.

you can get tokens later, when they hit exchanges like etherdelta and others.

that's one of the things that irks me. you can still get tokens just not in the ICO. what's the point of the process? just to jump thru regulatory hoops?

Basically, yes, it's just regulatory reasons. Since the financial crisis, the SEC introduced quite a lot of limitations to the trading of financial instruments, the requirements for institutions increased a great deal. I believe, that in near future, they gonna introduce more regulations on crypto specifically.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:43:20 PM

will  the Sphere marketplace also have a dex for trading?
No, i didnt find any information about a dex in the platform.
You can use existing exchanges for that.

I don't see the use for this in Sphere. Other coins already offer this so it's not needed imo.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:01:05 PM

I don't see the use for this in Sphere. Other coins already offer this so it's not needed imo.

Sphere should focus on being a good Social Network platform before adding fancy stuff like a DEX.
hanshammer

Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:08:43 PM

Question on the US citizen.  If i decide to purchase the tokens and dev finds out that Im a US citizen, what will you do with my tokesn? thanks

if you do the kyc process with your documents, you wont even have a chance to buy the tokens as a us citizen. they will exclude you from their sale.

you can get tokens later, when they hit exchanges like etherdelta and others.

that's one of the things that irks me. you can still get tokens just not in the ICO. what's the point of the process? just to jump thru regulatory hoops?

Basically, yes, it's just regulatory reasons. Since the financial crisis, the SEC introduced quite a lot of limitations to the trading of financial instruments, the requirements for institutions increased a great deal. I believe, that in near future, they gonna introduce more regulations on crypto specifically.
The government wants to benefit from the tremendous price increase of cryptocurrencies. We will see a lot of regulations next year.

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:22:41 PM

Sphere should focus on being a good Social Network platform before adding fancy stuff like a DEX.

Right, that should be their focus for now. Later, when the platform is successfully running there's still time to add whatever feature they think necessary or the community is asking for.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
loup

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:44:46 PM

will  the Sphere marketplace also have a dex for trading?

Right, that should be their focus for now. Later, when the platform is successfully running there's still time to add whatever feature they think necessary or the community is asking for.
I agree, it's better to focus in one area and being good on it than trying to cover many and not stand out in anyone.
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:59:57 PM

I agree, it's better to focus in one area and being good on it than trying to cover many and not stand out in anyone.
But perhaps the Exchange activity is essential for profitability and profit sharing, if they really think about selling data with our permission, why not pay us in own currency and exchange in own exchange, we have less fees and they make a profit on the sales of data and withdrawals, return for all, and continuous
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:03:53 PM

There is more space then for 2 project in this field but i agree the competition will be fierce. I am sure if they will have successful ICO, they will get a huge boost for further developments and will be able to compete with others.

PS92

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:04:02 PM

Good question, you shouldn't have to leave Sphere for this kind of stuff.

MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:07:44 PM

Good question, you shouldn't have to leave Sphere for this kind of stuff.

I don't see a reason why Sphere should have its own exchange. I thought it is mainly meant to be a Social Network?!
cmg12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:11:53 PM

There is more space then for 2 project in this field but i agree the competition will be fierce. I am sure if they will have successful ICO, they will get a huge boost for further developments and will be able to compete with others.
Well I think that the more competition he better each of this project will become and that will be very good for future price appreciation
openair

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:49:11 PM

Il really interested about the marketplace too, there is a huge potential behind marketplace on social network, and the decentralized concept with sphere will perfectly fit with that.
cmg12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:08:39 PM

I assume Sphere's users will be growing rapidly, I wanna know how many registered users  to this date?
I think that getting 100% accurate statistics could be hard because this whole platform is at very early stage of development
PS92

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:46:03 AM

I assume Sphere's users will be growing rapidly, I wanna know how many registered users  to this date?
I think that getting 100% accurate statistics could be hard because this whole platform is at very early stage of development

Correct and beginning users/beta testers aren't a representative statistic imo

nonconformist

Activity: 386
Merit: 104

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:14:40 AM

With the help of the blockchain technology, I think Sphere can be at par with Facebook. It's hard to be as big as facebook because it's already up there, almost monopolizing the social media space. But hey, there's nothing wrong with trying. And I think the winning factor for Sphere is the blockchain technology which Facebook doesn't have. Let's see where will this go. I'm super interested to be honest.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: