Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RENTBERRY - DECENTRALIZED HOME RENTAL PLATFORM  (Read 28511 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:52:29 AM

I do not really care so much about a counter. Rentberry raised $4 million in the seed round. That is good enough for me. And their token sale will be going on for almost 80 days.
CmdBash

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:03:26 AM

Do you have a whitelist?
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:07:58 AM

The platform is the easiest part here. hardest part os customer's and renter's security and facilities. How will you guys ensure the quality checks?

Some kind of a customer reviews system maybe?

I wouldn't say the platform is the easiest part, I've got an idea I'd like to realize, but have not enough money to hire developers nor do I have relevant skills.
I'm not sure how many people are able to create such platforms..?

What kind of coding do the platform developers usually do? what langauge or how do they determine that?

Customer review system is okay but, furious customers are never okay. I am talking about the quality checks of the accommodation.
Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:10:00 AM

Do you have a whitelist?

Amazing.

Date Registered:   June 17, 2011, 19:34:18

Are you a bot or is this really a serious question?

The token sale is already open since 5 December and the minimum amount is only 0.1 ETH.

turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:20:12 AM

There are often problems due to bad faith among tenants and landlords, security deposits, undelivered services, malicious and disrespectful people, contracts not honored..... the blockhain will be able to intervene to restore confidence between stakeholders and thus improve the market.

Agree, this is one of those cases where trust is needed, so the use of the block chan technology fit quite well

If tokens are used as a means of payment, then the blockchain is necessary for control. But if you use ordinary money, all these questions of mistrust are solved by traditional legal methods. This project wants to improve the real estate rental area with the help of new technologies. But this entails a matter of trust in the project itself. The value of tokens as a means of payment will depend only on the existence of this company. It is not decentralization, but centralization. So there is both positive and the negative sides.
You're wrong. The coin's value will not depend on the existence of the company. It will depend on those people who will use this platform! No users - no company.
In fact he is not far from truth. Existence of company means the existence of clients  DB, so coin's adoption will be much faster in  this case.
Yes, i also think that "existence of this company" is referring to how far the project is known to people, how high the demand is.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

The platform is the easiest part here. hardest part os customer's and renter's security and facilities. How will you guys ensure the quality checks?

For something you can use pictures along with personal review by both parts. But is not very easy to manage it.
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:33:26 AM

I think, the process of renting real estate with Rentberry will become less expensive due to absence of intermediaries in form of realtors.  Smiley
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:54:56 AM

For something you can use pictures along with personal review by both parts. But is not very easy to manage it.
I think a review video would be better.
More real and trustworthy.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:27:35 PM

I do not really care so much about a counter. Rentberry raised $4 million in the seed round. That is good enough for me. And their token sale will be going on for almost 80 days.

Nevertheless, a counter would be helpful to see how many tokens are left for sale and how the speed of the sale is in general. So I am pretty happy, that rentberry already confirmed that there will be a live counter during the 5th Bonus Stage.
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:44:33 PM

I think, the process of renting real estate with Rentberry will become less expensive due to absence of intermediaries in form of realtors.  Smiley

that one of the benefits. other projects underscored this as well. glad to see such competition in the field.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:59:35 PM

Nevertheless, a counter would be helpful to see how many tokens are left for sale and how the speed of the sale is in general. So I am pretty happy, that rentberry already confirmed that there will be a live counter during the 5th Bonus Stage.

I can understand Rigorous, as the most important part, the soft cap, already got realized. But I also think a counter could be very helpful. As an potential investor I would like to see how many tokens are already sold.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:14:14 PM

There will be some sort of scoring system for both tenants and landlords. I'm not sure about the details, but I agree that quality checks are crucial here.

tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:15:05 PM

is there any transaction charge for renter and landlord?   How are you going to attract more landlords to make available their property on your platform?  

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:25:38 PM

Your platform is just for classical renting right? Can it be used for short term renting like at AirBNB?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Mat24

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:45:02 PM

What’s up. Tell me if you don’t mind, will I be able to communicate with the landlord after signing a contract if I have any questions?
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:57:19 PM

I think a review video would be better.
More real and trustworthy.
A video is a great idea, I also think that the opinion of users is usually a good indicator of confidence.
iamdjm

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:00:38 PM

Going through the T&Cs. How should i interpret the below paragraphs? Does it mean BERRY will not be on an exchange ever? Once i have bought the Tokens and vesting period has passed, i can never exchange them back to ETH and get out?? Can someone please clarify.

BERRY Tokens do not have any functionality or utility outside the Rentberry Platform.

The functionality and utility of Berry Tokens will therefore be limited to interacting with users/content within the confines of a single platform. BERRY Tokens will not have any functionality or utility outside the Rentberry Platform. It is therefore intended that BERRY Tokens will continuously circulate within the Rentberry Platform ecosystem. The Rentberry Platform will therefore be structured as a “closed system” insofar as the use of BERRY Tokens is concerned. Whilst it is possible that a secondary market could develop for trading BERRY Tokens, the Company will not create such secondary markets nor will it act as an exchange for BERRY Tokens. To the extent a secondary market or exchange for trading BERRY Tokens does develop, it would be run and operated wholly independently of the Company, the BERRY Token Sale and the Rentberry Platform.

Possibility of change to the intended functionality of BERRY Tokens
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF UNDERTAKING A LEGAL AND REGULATORY ANALYSIS OF THE FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS. FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THIS ANALYSIS, WE MAY DECIDE TO AMEND THE INTENDED FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS IN ORDER TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS TO WHICH WE ARE SUBJECT. WE SHALL PUBLISH A NOTICE ON OUR WEBSITE OF ANY CHANGES THAT WE DECIDE TO MAKE TO THE FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REGULARLY CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY SUCH NOTICES. ON THE CONLCUSION OF THIS ANALYSIS, WE WILL DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO CHANGE THE FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:23:26 PM

I also think that the Rentberry system can be profitable for each users, fees will be lower than actual fees on the rental market. The project is really worth it I think, it can profit a lot from the explosion of the blockchain to develop a big platform for home rental.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:28:07 PM

Going through the T&Cs. How should i interpret the below paragraphs? Does it mean BERRY will not be on an exchange ever? Once i have bought the Tokens and vesting period has passed, i can never exchange them back to ETH and get out?? Can someone please clarify.

BERRY Tokens do not have any functionality or utility outside the Rentberry Platform.

The functionality and utility of Berry Tokens will therefore be limited to interacting with users/content within the confines of a single platform. BERRY Tokens will not have any functionality or utility outside the Rentberry Platform. It is therefore intended that BERRY Tokens will continuously circulate within the Rentberry Platform ecosystem. The Rentberry Platform will therefore be structured as a “closed system” insofar as the use of BERRY Tokens is concerned. Whilst it is possible that a secondary market could develop for trading BERRY Tokens, the Company will not create such secondary markets nor will it act as an exchange for BERRY Tokens. To the extent a secondary market or exchange for trading BERRY Tokens does develop, it would be run and operated wholly independently of the Company, the BERRY Token Sale and the Rentberry Platform.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF UNDERTAKING A LEGAL AND REGULATORY ANALYSIS OF THE FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS. FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THIS ANALYSIS, WE MAY DECIDE TO AMEND THE INTENDED FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS IN ORDER TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS TO WHICH WE ARE SUBJECT. WE SHALL PUBLISH A NOTICE ON OUR WEBSITE OF ANY CHANGES THAT WE DECIDE TO MAKE TO THE FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REGULARLY CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY SUCH NOTICES. ON THE CONLCUSION OF THIS ANALYSIS, WE WILL DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO CHANGE THE FUNCTIONALITY OF BERRY TOKENS.

This is an ERC20 token. they can't stop you from trading it.etherdelta will have it on their exchange as soon as the tokens are sent.

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:27:24 PM

This is an ERC20 token. they can't stop you from trading it.etherdelta will have it on their exchange as soon as the tokens are sent.

I'd guess in the 1st paragraph they just say that they won't act like an exchange but don't exclude that their tokens can be traded on exchanges.

The 2nd paragraph I actually don't understand. Changing the functionality of Berry tokens?? What other functionality they should have? No idea what that means.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: