Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:14:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451935 times)
Lab_Rat (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 04:04:14 PM

No body has talked about expected dividends this week , can any body do the maths please Smiley

Dave and Tytus have been toying around with settings at their hosting location, so most of the week they haven't been mining for us.  Do your math at 5.25TH/s

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lab_Rat (OP)

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 04:06:37 PM

I strongly believe that freezing the asset at this point is a very bad decision. Freezing would have been good before the panic to give everyone time to think it over and get the information needed to make a decision. However, now the panic is over, people had two days to think about it. If someone wants to sell, they will, freezing just makes life much harder for everyone and creates additional uncertainty.

I think that the best strategy at this point is to let the dust settle and find out how we proceed. If you still think that you want to freeze the asset, I think that it would be a good idea to set the exact time when you want to do it and give at least a one day notice. Just to make things clear and predictable.

+1 , Even i think freezing asset doesnt make sense , unless Lab rat has some more info & reasons behind this move other than to stop panic selling.

Right. Panic selling is over. After the initial panic there was only one person liquidating all his ~1k shares and causing all the sudden price drops in the last 24 hours. But he just sold off his last shares. So I expect the price to recover soon, cheap shares are most likely over  Wink

I actually received note from the person who did that last series of large sales.  Surprisingly enough it's a female. Rare in this community, but I find it funny everyone assumes that all in this community are males.

Lab_Rat (OP)

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 04:10:38 PM

I will likely be "freezing" the asset in the next 48 hours.  My way of looking at it is these panic sells have nothing to do with the real price.  They are just individuals within the US trying to minimize risk.  grnbrg, keep a running copy of the asset list just in case, but I should be able to snag the final copy after freezing it without issue.

I strongly disagree with this - freezing the asset is shutting down the trade of something that should be a freely traded asset. If people are "panicking" (which is a judgement on your part) then why shouldn't they be free to panic and reduce their risk at the cost of selling their shares cheaply?

In freezing the asset you are both forcing people to take on more risk than they should be obliged to, and depriving others of the opportunity to buy at a price they think is favourable. I said it before and I'll say it again - any trades made, at any time, are between two consenting parties who both think it's in their best interest, and it's nobody else's call to say that they shouldn't be allowed to do so.

This concept of the "real price" is tricky. It is a combination of the long term growth potential, the dividends over time, and the perceived risk in both long and short term. The perceived short term risk just sky-rocketed and this is being reflected in the price. I don't believe that any true increase in short-term risk has actually occurred and am holding onto my shares happily. Once the migration from BitFunder takes place and people see that dividends are still being paid, this will be reflected in a recovery of the price. However, to deprive people of the opportunity to lessen their exposure at a cost to themselves (and not to you I might add) seems misguided, and will probably cause a lot of resentment, so I would ask you to reconsider this position.

I wasn't looking to freeze the asset to hault trading, but rather get an official list from the asset list.  With each trade that goes through, that list changes.  So at some point I plan to freeze the asset, grab the final list, and remove LRM from BitFunder.

I can agree that anyone who wants out, should get out now because it will be harder to trade after the asset is removed from BitFunder.

VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your address on BitFunder is one you can sign a message with.

mmmerlin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:22:33 PM

I will likely be "freezing" the asset in the next 48 hours.  My way of looking at it is these panic sells have nothing to do with the real price.  They are just individuals within the US trying to minimize risk.  grnbrg, keep a running copy of the asset list just in case, but I should be able to snag the final copy after freezing it without issue.

I strongly disagree with this - freezing the asset is shutting down the trade of something that should be a freely traded asset. If people are "panicking" (which is a judgement on your part) then why shouldn't they be free to panic and reduce their risk at the cost of selling their shares cheaply?

In freezing the asset you are both forcing people to take on more risk than they should be obliged to, and depriving others of the opportunity to buy at a price they think is favourable. I said it before and I'll say it again - any trades made, at any time, are between two consenting parties who both think it's in their best interest, and it's nobody else's call to say that they shouldn't be allowed to do so.

This concept of the "real price" is tricky. It is a combination of the long term growth potential, the dividends over time, and the perceived risk in both long and short term. The perceived short term risk just sky-rocketed and this is being reflected in the price. I don't believe that any true increase in short-term risk has actually occurred and am holding onto my shares happily. Once the migration from BitFunder takes place and people see that dividends are still being paid, this will be reflected in a recovery of the price. However, to deprive people of the opportunity to lessen their exposure at a cost to themselves (and not to you I might add) seems misguided, and will probably cause a lot of resentment, so I would ask you to reconsider this position.

I wasn't looking to freeze the asset to hault trading, but rather get an official list from the asset list.  With each trade that goes through, that list changes.  So at some point I plan to freeze the asset, grab the final list, and remove LRM from BitFunder.

I can agree that anyone who wants out, should get out now because it will be harder to trade after the asset is removed from BitFunder.

VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your address on BitFunder is one you can sign a message with.

Ah, I see, I didn't get that at all from what you said initially - that's totally fair enough in that case! Smiley
ksenter

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:26:32 PM

Once it's removed from bitfunder will there be any way to trade?  I'd like to buy more as I can.  I'd been buying one more every week or two depending on dividends and price.  Are those days over until you find another way to trade?
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:27:42 PM

Once it's removed from bitfunder will there be any way to trade?  I'd like to buy more as I can.  I'd been buying one more every week or two depending on dividends and price.  Are those days over until you find another way to trade?

This can be traded the same way that AsicMiner was traded routinely in the past... the auction forum here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=73.0

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
ksenter

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:30:24 PM

Sorry for the newb question, but I believe my address on bitfunder was one I created on my bitcoinqt wallet, does that mean it's one I can sign messages with?
ksenter

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:46:08 PM

This can be traded the same way that AsicMiner was traded routinely in the past... the auction forum here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=73.0

Hmm thanks.  Doesn't seem like an efficient way to buy one every week or two from the dividends, but at least there's a way to trade at all.
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:57:04 PM

Sorry for the newb question, but I believe my address on bitfunder was one I created on my bitcoinqt wallet, does that mean it's one I can sign messages with?

It would be really great if someone could post a quick how-to so that everyone can check that they can do this before the shut-down, otherwise there will likely be many tears.

I am sadly too busy to do this, but am just throwing this out there as an invaluable suggestion...
pacojones

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:05:39 PM

It would be really great if someone could post a quick how-to so that everyone can check that they can do this before the shut-down, otherwise there will likely be many tears.

I am sadly too busy to do this, but am just throwing this out there as an invaluable suggestion...

^^^^^^^^^^^ YES PLEASE ^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just changed my bitfunder payout address to my armory wallet - I was going to use my blockchain.info wallet but wasn't sure about signing those transactions...

SimonBelmond

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:52:47 PM

I wish Open-Transactions was more mature on the client side. I would have loved to see Lab_Rat moved onto Open-Transactions. I guess that maybe in a year that scenario might become much more realistic. Development is just not as fast as the upwind and the heat Bitcoin (ans similar concepts) is getting. Let's hope some major currency crisis in a cuntry bigger than Cyprus can wait just a little longer so we can grow the infrastrucure to handle the load.
moribana

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:45:50 PM

I actually received note from the person who did that last series of large sales.  Surprisingly enough it's a female. Rare in this community, but I find it funny everyone assumes that all in this community are males.

When I was typing the message it crossed my mind that I should be pc and write he or she, but laziness triumphed...

Anyway, it is puzzling that someone wants to get out so fast accepting such a loss. Especially that LabRat seems to be one of the strongest assets here and I am sure if you left it on Bitfunder, the price would completely recover in a day or two. It is really sad that the us government wants to kill everything it cannot fully control...and I understand that you have to move on.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:18:48 PM

It looks like the person who was selling off is out of bonds, lol..  I really wish I had a way to buy those cheap bonds.. i wonder why they made it so USA people could sell, but not buy? doesn't make sense.. the only VPNs that I know of are from the usa, im sure there are some outside, but didn't have the time or energy to go do it. now, I regret it.. I mean, it will only take a few weeks of dividends of paying off some of those bonds that some of you picked up.. Thats what I dont get. selling at .05, I think it would have taken probably 8 weeks or so to get that back just in dividends..

Granted, the person may have been in a unique situation and had to sell, oh well, they can do with the shares as they wish..

I think it will be more difficult to buy/sell bonds over the next few weeks. THere are other alternatives out there. Just until Zach figures out how to best handle it.

BTW, the regular bitcoin-QT can send/receive messages, I even made a QT code with my address that has my name in it just for good measure.. I not 100 percent sure, but I THINK that blockchain.info wallets can send messages.. i know that you can have access to the private code on blockchain.info, so im pretty sure thats okay.

Jut make sure you can send a  message with your transaction, if you can, your good.. Ironically enough, with all the bitcoins that I have sent and received over the last few years, I have yet sent a message.....

bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:43:33 PM

You can sign a block chain wallet by following the below link
Scroll to the bottom of the FAQ
https://blockchain.info/wallet/wallet-faq 

I think the BitcoinQT client has a option to sign a message as well
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:45:59 PM

You can sign a block chain wallet by following the below link
Scroll to the bottom of the FAQ
https://blockchain.info/wallet/wallet-faq  

I think the BitcoinQT client has a option to sign a message as well

If anyone wants to just PM me their private key then I will sign transactions for them...  Wink  Grin
bittymitty

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:56:58 PM

I just sent you my private key and now my coins have vanished?  I don't understand what is happening....
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:05:43 PM

I just sent you my private key and now my coins have vanished?  I don't understand what is happening....

Oh, don't mind that, that's just the idiocy tax..  Tongue

EDIT: In case anyone reading this doesn't realise, the above was a joke - DO NOT SEND ANYONE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS! (I really hope this was totally unnecessary but you never know in this community  Roll Eyes)
bittymitty

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:10:53 PM

If anyone does not understand what private key are and how they are used they need to either read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin or 
step away from bitcoin and use their credit card.
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:30:56 PM

If anyone does not understand what private key are and how they are used they need to either read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin or 
step away from bitcoin and use their credit card.

They may need to, but that doesn't mean they will - never underestimate the stupidity of the unwashed masses!

Just because bitcoin is technical doesn't mean that it's not used by the technically illiterate, and in fact, if we ever want it to go mainstream, this point needs to be emphasised! Though admittedly that will probably involve totally removing the need for any knowledge of the underlying cryptography or what a "private key" even is...  Roll Eyes
grnbrg

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Official LRM shill

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:53:38 PM

(....) never underestimate the stupidity of the unwashed masses!

Just because bitcoin is technical doesn't mean that it's not used by the technically illiterate

Among the BitFunder public keys:

""  - A null key.  This user (Single?, Multiple?) holds several assets.
"14oQSdpw56jv3Xn49EM58nNY5RSDbiPGwr  " - probably valid, but has trailing spaces.
" \tBalance \t 1Dxg9ZazutpaNkS3Yu5NwMsBHuHTRPdkn" - Uhhhhh....
" 155TY9EpfpML46QA5bhYxRkxXpcJJFZfxU" - leading spaces.
"150 Vernon Ave. #400 Vernon, CT. 06066" - Dude.  That's not a bitcoin address.
"https:\/\/blockchain.info\/wallet\/3d0719da-52a1-" - Neither is that.
"e4c966be-7fe4-45fe-a5e1-7781f3081e04" - lolwut?
"13yEHkfHB9Hc7c1JZ15qqSP2Zw8hQugA9k13yEHkfHB9H" - Not a valid address, and a holder of 15 LRM bonds!
"635a91d71c72e64f2be449065407ac59b213eb127b279" - Another LRM holder (2 bonds) who doesn't have a clue.
" \t \t1birdyVUS7v4gHsruyBFbmGM6YDLJTkNa"

There are probably more creative entries.  Just found this on a once-through the assetlist...  Smiley

grnbrg.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: