Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:20:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
neilol

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:14:48 PM

I'm buying more as well.

Ken - do we get some kind of estimate or announcement as to when sell wall goes down? Or are you just going to pull it?

kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:20:20 PM

I'm buying more as well.

Ken - do we get some kind of estimate or announcement as to when sell wall goes down? Or are you just going to pull it?

It will be announced in the this thread right before the wall goes down.

Should we get a couple of more big sales and the wire transfers are received, then the wall could go down in an instance.
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:20:35 PM

I can't see price going down from here not back to 20 so today is the time  to load up more if you ever want to.

Considerations for my timing:

1. Friedcat may release an announcement in the middle of next week, this announcement may cause a spike in AM share value, as FC's announcements often do. This would allow me to sell out at a nice peak.

2. I need to get my ActM shares BEFORE the sell wall falls. If Ken receives the money from pre-orders in the next three days he may take the sell wall down before it is purchased up, unleashing The Kraken.

3. I'd like to get the absolute best value from my investments, so I want to optimize my timing/share value during this phase of growth.

Decisions, decisions...

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:21:50 PM

I'm buying more as well.

He's waiting on the wire transfers for the purchases, so as soon as those clear and the total amount of funds is enough to pay the NRE cost and any other immediate expenses, the wall should go down in a snap.

The current price of .0025 is fair enough for a company wishing to gather funds for chip development, but cheap for one that already has a chip incoming guaranteed. Whole different beasts! Grin
kleeck

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:23:08 PM

I can't see price going down from here not back to 20 so today is the time  to load up more if you ever want to.

1. Friedcat may release an announcement in the middle of next week, this announcement may cause a spike in AM share value, as FC's announcements often do. This would allow me to sell out at a nice peak.

2. I need to get my ActM shares BEFORE the sell wall falls. If Ken receives the money from pre-orders in the next three days he may take the sell wall down before it is purchased up, unleashing The Kraken.

3. I'd like to get the absolute best value from my investments, so I want to optimize my timing/share value during this phase of growth.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm buying more as well.

Are we getting closer to this event? It'd be nice to have more of a heads-up than a post on a forum we may or may not be watching. So far we've done our own math to figure out how close we are to the NRE, can you confirm that in three days you should have the total NRE and at that point you will pull the wall down?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:27:14 PM

Decisions, decisions...

I'm buying more as well.

Are we getting closer to this event? It'd be nice to have more of a heads-up than a post on a forum we may or may not be watching. So far we've done our own math to figure out how close we are to the NRE, can you confirm that in three days you should have the total NRE and at that point you will pull the wall down?

No, I can't at the point.
kleeck

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:29:00 PM

Decisions, decisions...

I'm buying more as well.

No, I can't at the point.

Fair enough.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:37:04 PM

So I purchased 400 Shares of this stock on BitFunder kind of on a whim and the price was so low and the Profile sounded pretty good.

Is this stock really expected to grow well and pay good Div's in the near future???

lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:39:23 PM

So I purchased 400 Shares of this stock on BitFunder kind of on a whim and the price was so low and the Profile sounded pretty good.

Is this stock really expected to grow well and pay good Div's in the near future???

Take a look:

Growth expenses are already factored in. I did the following post on the speculation thread, using 50% of the profits for growth, you can see that works pretty well:

New update, this time I considered some hardware selling estimates, as well as the impact of Ken's 15M shares on the whole operation. Smiley

(any errors found, just shout! Grin)

Considerations:
  • Mining
  • Klondikes mining at August (worst case)
  • Avalon chips overclocked to 380MHz, since they will be running on Springfield Underground data center
  • November/December (worst case) hashrate increase from the high-volume process (low-volume is not worth it for just a ~month difference), using BTC1.2 per chip+assembly cost, chips at 16GH/s, not overclocked
  • 50% of mining dividends used to buy new Fast-Hash-One 16GH/s chips
  • Total network hashrate includes ActM's mining plus hardware sold to other parties (200% markup)
  • Sales
  • Sales volume is really hard to predict. I just assumed it to be 2x the profits of mining, which I still think is really on the low side, as ActM is gonna also sell chips in bulk. For example, Avalon in getting ready to ship its ~BTC164,000 in bulk chips. There is definitely money to be made in bulk chip sales!

Conclusions:
  • Investors are fully reimbursed of their paid BTC.0025/share around December/January
  • The MH/s/share and MH/s/BTC are indeed crazy profitable
  • As soon as the unit price of chips gets down (it will drop 1/3 to 1/4 even before going to easicopy), the hashrate can rise even much further
  • Having direct access to buy hardware at manufacturing cost is what really makes this possible
  • The effect of hardware sales is just mind boggling
adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:47:48 PM

New update, this time I considered some hardware selling estimates, as well as the impact of Ken's 15M shares on the whole operation. Smiley

Considerations:
  • Mining
  • Avalon chips overclocked to 380MHz, since they will be running on Springfield Underground data center
  • November/December (worst case) hashrate increase from the high-volume process (low-volume is not worth it for just a ~month difference), using BTC1.2 per chip+assembly cost, chips at 16GH/s, not overclocked
  • Total network hashrate includes ActM's mining plus hardware sold to other parties (200% markup)
  • Sales
  • Sales volume is really hard to predict. I just assumed it to be 2x the profits of mining, which I still think is really on the low side, as ActM is gonna also sell chips in bulk. For example, Avalon in getting ready to ship its ~BTC164,000 in bulk chips. There is definitely money to be made in bulk chip sales!

Conclusions:
  • Investors are fully reimbursed of their paid BTC.0025/share around December/January
  • As soon as the unit price of chips gets down (it will drop 1/3 to 1/4 even before going to easicopy), the hashrate can rise even much further
  • Having direct access to buy hardware at manufacturing cost is what really makes this possible

Am I the only one confused by the dividends/share/month row?

What does "2.70E-05" mean?

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
lolstate

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:51:45 PM

2.70 * 10^-5

or

divide 2.70 by 10^5

or

divide 2.70 by 100000

or

take the decimal place in 2.70 and move 5 places to the left
sebastienurbain

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:51:49 PM

Considerations:
  • Mining
  • Sales

Conclusions:

Am I the only one confused by the dividends/share/month row?

2.7 x 10^-5 or 0.000027
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:56:47 PM

I'll be re-investing my dividends today into more shares. 
If we all do this, we could have some pretty high volume today.
Who's with me?

sebastienurbain

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:57:50 PM

Who's with me?

+1
matuszed

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:58:07 PM

Who's with me?

+1

Same thought

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
lolstate

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:58:54 PM

Who's with me?

This is an excellent idea. Even purely from a selfish perspective, the odds of a spike above 0.0025 soon (in the next 3 days) are very high. It's also reasonable to assume we might not come back down to 0.0025.
deizel

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:00:44 PM

@adub, look up "scientific notation".

@Vbs, maybe room for decimal form next revision?

@VolanicEruptor, one step ahead of you, glad so many agree though Wink
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 08:02:42 PM

Who's with me?

+1

neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:03:32 PM

Who's with me?

+1

Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:18:05 PM

Decisions, decisions...

Obviously you make your own trading decisions but if it was me I'd be out of AM in a flash and into ACtM on todays news. Next week you might make 20-30% on AM if you time it very well but I'm expecting more gains over here in the next 7days. You can't predict the future but for sure trying to get out at the top and in at the bottom in any market is a very very difficult endeavor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: