Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER  (Read 68141 times)
awill333

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:39:27 AM

I want to know if "Early 2018 go for Bittrex" is a reality or not

nobody knows until the coin is accepted. that is how listing on exchanges work.
1: the team submits the coin to exchange for review.
2: the exchange chooses at their leisure and discretion whether or not to list the coin. no information is provided to the team at that time.
3: if the coin is accepted, it is listed. then it becomes "known" what their choice was.

In other words, there is no way to answer your question at this time.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
awill333

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:41:02 AM

Tried running Zero Windows wallet on two computers, and always getting this error:

Latest Java installed, firewall exception added, etc...

Any solution to this?
how can it be that this coin moons even if they do not have a working wallet yet? insane crypto-world

the wallet is apparently working fine for most users. otherwise, there would be more complaints. one users inability to load the wallet does not validate your blanket statement. Furthermore, the -cli command line tool executable that is packaged with every daemon works perfectly, every time, for all users. it's just that most typical users fail to understand how to use it. That doesn't mean it's not present or inoperable. It means the user needs a GUI. The purpose of the coin is still achieved. It can be transferred and stored safely, with or without the GUI wallet. Thought a "hero" member would already know that.
awill333

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:45:41 AM

I had no issues launching the wallet on a VM, user error is not project error.

Follow the guide, can it really get much easier? It is spoon fed to you

there could be unforeseen problems with some installations particular to the applicable system. that's why I suggested posted the console output, without it the error message is virtually useless.
stil55

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:04:31 AM

Interesting coin and its mining is very profitable now. But a lot of nuances: you need video cards with RAM 6MB, one exchange for sale, confirmation on SuperNova pool have very long time, setting up a miner-dance with a tambourine Smiley. I hope the coin is worth such trouble.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:08:35 AM

I'd like to thank the whale who sold me some at 53500 last night.  Got myself a starter position of about $15K worth, currently worth $19K. 
awill333

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:52:12 AM

Interesting coin and its mining is very profitable now. But a lot of nuances: you need video cards with RAM 6MB, one exchange for sale, confirmation on SuperNova pool have very long time, setting up a miner-dance with a tambourine Smiley. I hope the coin is worth such trouble.

I agree that more exchanges would be nice. I am sure that will be happening soon but one can only speculate until it's (listing on additional exchange(s)) actualized. I think the different requirements for mining success results on this coin is what makes is very powerful. some degree of hardware specialization is logistically preferable. confirmations on all pools (it has nothing to do with the pool) requires 24 hours. this was inherent in the code to "prevent pool hopping". I've been reviewing this thread since page 1, all of them. One thing I can say as an observer (not a miner) is that everyone who does have success mining the coin seem to be very happy about the results.
awill333

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:53:27 AM

I'd like to thank the whale who sold me some at 53500 last night.  Got myself a starter position of about $15K worth, currently worth $19K.  

Not the best idea to sell a coin that is just being discovered. Many made that regret with Zclassic.

there are plenty of people who would like to see this coin fail, even to the extent of "investing" and losing funds to discourage the market. it's a bit of a funny joke now because their loss is the new investors gain. and it sure won't count for nothing to degrade the price from here out.
awill333

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:58:09 AM

Latest Java installed, firewall exception added, etc...

Any solution to this?

Posting the console output would be more helpful to find a solution than an semi-ambiguous error message image that refers to the console output.
Sorry but I don't know how to do that.
I am not a windows guy or I am sure I could be more helpful. However, with regards to "console output", this means that if you run the program from command prompt window (if I recall windows has greatly reduced functionality of command shell so I am not even sure if this works, but if you can run the program from the command prompt ) the window containing the command prompt will produce the "console output" to report. if you start the program as usual there will be no console output as there is no console. try to run the program from a command shell and get back to us. I am not sure if the swing wallet keeps any error log files but you can look for those also as they may contain additional data if exist.
ConstantinGR

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:14:02 AM

What you perceive as "nuances" is what makes mining this coin profitable. Keeping the masses way, to name it. If you do proper research and reading and you have the right hardware, you would be another one of the excited and happy miners in this community.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:18:07 AM

how can i mine this i the miner is working but where will it put  my coins???
ConstantinGR

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:21:19 AM

how can i mine this i the miner is working but where will it put  my coins???

Windows wallet or linux wallet, found on page 1. Otherwise, store them in Cryptopia.
LaserBadger

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:46:05 AM

Hey guys im new here, i was wondering if there is a official discord channel planned for this coin and community ?
or maybe telegram channel ?

I will definitively be mining this coin so i hope there will be more communication channels soon !

Smiley

Digital Drug Lord

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:47:12 AM

how can i mine this i the miner is working but where will it put  my coins???

Windows wallet or linux wallet, found on page 1. Otherwise, store them in Cryptopia.

ok so I installed the wallet and I get all that, I made a user name and password in the zero config file in the wallet folder, the read me says it will work even if I left it alone, my question is what does this file do? and why doesnt my password matter?

so I can leave it as is, and just click the miner now and it will deposit coins into my wallet?

what do I have to edit here? this is the start bat of the file in the miner, I have only used minergate for dummies so bare withme

ECHO "WARNING: You need 8GB of virtual memory in Windows for EACH graphic card you mine on! Otherwise the program might crash and you need to restart Windows."

ECHO "Change the user and password in start.bat to yours!"

REM For suprnova.cc use following:
SET POOL=zero.suprnova.cc:6568
SET USER=moobar.worker
SET PASSWORD=x

SET GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

optiminer -s %POOL% -u %USER% -p %PASSWORD% -m 8080

pause
ConstantinGR

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:53:05 AM

ok so I installed the wallet and I get all that, I made a user name and password in the zero config file in the wallet folder, the read me says it will work even if I left it alone, my question is what does this file do? and why doesnt my password matter?

so I can leave it as is, and just click the miner now and it will deposit coins into my wallet?

I am not supposed to assist drug lords, I hope your nick is only a joke.
Yes, the miner will deposit coins to your wallet address, which will arrive AFTER 24h.
I am not sure about the password, as the wallet does not support encryption. Ask more experienced users such as awill333 about this issue.
ConstantinGR

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:55:17 AM

Hey guys im new here, i was wondering if there is a official discord channel planned for this coin and community ?
or maybe telegram channel ?

telegram link

https://t.me/zerocurrency
awill333

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:04:32 AM

it's not that the password doesn't matter. it does. however, you won't be needing it. it's a password to issue rpc (remote procedure call) commands to the daemon which is not relevant to your situation. it is however, relevant if you put a very easy password and enable rpc and somebody were to try to "hack" your wallet.. then they could issue commands to send the funds from your wallet. while it seems very unlikely anybody would do such a thing (or find your wallet out of all of the wallets should they try) it is still a good plan to not put something simple there. I believe that if it is totally disabled everything will work fine. you don't need RPC commands since you aren't running a site or remote wallet. if you disable the username and password it will result in "impenetrability" , rpc commands will be disabled except for local cookie authorization (which is a whole different thing) .. you don't really need to worry about any of that unless you put a very easy password to guess, still would be very unlikely .. securing your wallet by disabling the password or if left enabled putting something extremely complex (unguessable) would be the best course.
Digital Drug Lord

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:25:43 AM

it's not that the password doesn't matter. it does. however, you won't be needing it. it's a password to issue rpc (remote procedure call) commands to the daemon which is not relevant to your situation. it is however, relevant if you put a very easy password and enable rpc and somebody were to try to "hack" your wallet.. then they could issue commands to send the funds from your wallet. while it seems very unlikely anybody would do such a thing (or find your wallet out of all of the wallets should they try) it is still a good plan to not put something simple there. I believe that if it is totally disabled everything will work fine. you don't need RPC commands since you aren't running a site or remote wallet. if you disable the username and password it will result in "impenetrability" , rpc commands will be disabled except for local cookie authorization (which is a whole different thing) .. you don't really need to worry about any of that unless you put a very easy password to guess, still would be very unlikely .. securing your wallet by disabling the password or if left enabled putting something extremely complex (unguessable) would be the best course.

hmmm so myoptermizer miner command looks like this

optiminer -s zero.suprnova.cc:6568 -u moobar.worker -p x -m 8080

is this correct? Did I do it the right way? How can I see how much I have mined if it is working? I can tell its working because my gpu is at 100% and running hot, how do I make my fans go faster the CAM software shows my GPU at 82 c and the fans are slow
sailor32

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:28:53 AM

hmmm so myoptermizer miner command looks like this

optiminer -s zero.suprnova.cc:6568 -u moobar.worker -p x -m 8080

is this correct? Did I do it the right way? How can I see how much I have mined if it is working? I can tell its working because my gpu is at 100% and running hit

I hope that you replaced moobar.worker with your own worker name, otherwise you are mining for somebody else.
MorrisonTon

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:47:42 AM

What is the total supply of this coin?  Don't understand why that is so hard to uncover.
gerrad92

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:43:05 AM

What is the total supply of this coin?  Don't understand why that is so hard to uncover.

It's not hard to uncover - http://zeroexplorer.forgetop.com/

Coin Supply (ZER)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: