Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:32:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NSFW] Official Sexcoin Thread - New MANDATORY upgrade: KGW Timewarp attack FIX  (Read 307569 times)
jytou

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:30:12 PM

No I was already with 14.04, it's an update that came probably around mid august.
The symptom is that a few seconds after launching the wallet, it sits there doing nothing (0% CPU), as if it was waiting for something (which is confirmed by strace - and ltrace gives a cycle of waiting locks). I've also tried building from scratch with a newly created user (to avoid any user-environment stuff that might interfere) on the same machine - same symptoms.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pmconrad

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 08:05:15 AM

Have you compiled the client yourself or are you using my packages from http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Acoins&package=sexcoin ?
What's in debug.log?

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:16:35 AM

For one, Sexcoin is not manipulated, yes the price has gone steadily down from its entry to btw pair on cryptsy but it is just gaining a history. A coin that is not a fake and doesn't just come and go.

A history of going down , not that attractive

What makes a coin strong, the development and people behind it.

What Sexcoin needs to be a strong coin? Exactly that, people and development behind it. The core team has not given up on this. But with just a handful of guys keeping the coin alive, any of us will understand it is hard to make any progress.

People means usually more than two Wink

The coin is there, can be mined, the wallets are there and can be used, the stores are there and you can buy sex related items with it. I know I have, and I know of people that have also.

The same usage and the same store(s) as 6 months ago.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
jytou

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:45:54 AM

Have you compiled the client yourself or are you using my packages from http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Acoins&package=sexcoin ?
What's in debug.log?
I've tried both, with the exact same results. The interesting thing is that I have lots of other wallets on the same machine, and they run just fine. I wonder what is different (what different libraries) that you use that would break it...
pmconrad

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 10:50:06 AM

On my old ubuntu netbook it takes several minutes to start (hangs after "Loading db index... dbenv.open..."), but it comes up eventually. There's not much CPU use during that time, but lots of disk access. It's not significantly slower than other coins IMO.

Library dependencies should all be handled by the packaging system, so unless you deliberately broke them while installing you should be fine.

Again, what's in your debug.log?

lavajumper

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:37:50 PM

What's in debug.log?
I've tried both, with the exact same results. The interesting thing is that I have lots of other wallets on the same machine, and they run just fine. I wonder what is different (what different libraries) that you use that would break it...

Are you using the command line version or the gui version? The biggest difference from most other coin clients code is in the GUI version, which has sound support. I'll try and get a 14 machine up today and see what happens.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
jytou

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:54:06 PM

Are you using the command line version or the gui version? The biggest difference from most other coin clients code is in the GUI version, which has sound support. I'll try and get a 14 machine up today and see what happens.
Gotcha!
Commented out the contents of PlaySound() in guiutil:cpp: it works now. Not sure what is wrong with my phonon lib then (I noticed there are a few installed on my machine - messing up with qt4 vs qt5 I guess). Thanks for the tip! Smiley
lavajumper

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:40:08 PM

Gotcha!
Commented out the contents of PlaySound() in guiutil:cpp: it works now. Not sure what is wrong with my phonon lib then (I noticed there are a few installed on my machine - messing up with qt4 vs qt5 I guess). Thanks for the tip! Smiley

Glad you're up and running!

I am VERY curious what is causing the problems though. Do you have both qt5 and qt4 build environments set up? Do you have a backend installed for libphonon? Did you get any build errors or warnings centered around the sound functions? If you have a couple of minutes, let me know.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
jytou

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:29:28 PM

To be honest, sound is really the least of my concerns (especially if there is a huge moaning sound each time you receive some coins  Grin - just kidding).

More seriously, the wallet is running on a VM that is hosted on a remote machine... from what I've tried just now, playing sounds on any software on the VM is a no-go. They don't freeze, but if I launch lxmusic for instance, I get a bunch of errors in the console (can't even change the volume) and there is no sound coming in (although the sound is set up on the VM, and I do get some sound on the host machine through VNC) so that must be the main reason. Smiley But freezing because of lack of sound is definitely not something I would expect from a crypto currency wallet. Wink
Make is only giving a single warning saying that Phonon::MediaSource::MediaSource(const QString&) is deprecated, but I don't believe it's anything related to my problem. Apart from than, when launching the wallet with sound enabled (i.e without commenting PlaySound()) there is no message, no warning, nothing that could give a lead. My guess is that one of the calls to the phonon library never returns and you can't do much about it.

Just an idea: what about playing sounds in a separate thread (i.e. PlaySound would just post in a fifo that a sound-playing thread would poll?)... if the sounds plays, that's fine... if not, well, too bad but let the show go on! Wink

PS: now that you helped me fix it, you have a permanent extra 8MHs on the network competing with you now. Tongue
lavajumper

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:23:45 PM

To be honest, sound is really the least of my concerns (especially if there is a huge moaning sound each time you receive some coins  Grin - just kidding).

I always moan when I get coins Grin

But freezing because of lack of sound is definitely not something I would expect from a crypto currency wallet. Wink

Yes, I agree. I'm looking into.

PS: now that you helped me fix it, you have a permanent extra 8MHs on the network competing with you now. Tongue

Come join us at http://lavapit.lavajumper.com Wink be one of the top hashers!

Nerull

Activity: 195
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:03:15 PM

http://p2pool.sxcladies.com:9699/static/

is better imo, it has sexy graph!
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:09:28 AM

http://p2pool.sxcladies.com:9699/static/

is better imo, it has sexy graph!

also p2p pools are securing network so better to use them

amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 03:30:32 PM

http://sxc.e-pool.net:8880/static/

Enjoy e-pool mining!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
lavajumper

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:08:14 PM

I have a build for the android wallet which is ready for alpha testing. DO NOT risk alot of coins on this, but I do believe it to be safe. Make a backup of your keys.
You will need to 'side-load' the apk. If you don't know how to do this, maybe you should wait before trying this out. Please report back any issues you may have.

Get it from github

OR

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyzfpb081rmqqrh/sexcoinwallet-0.1.0.0-signed-aligned.apk?dl=0

Knows issues:
  • The EUR exchange rates are not accurate
  • Sometimes the blockchain catchup hangs for more than 3 minutes, close the client and reopen
  • Some graphics and translation string still reflect Litecoin
  • Some Credits in the 'about' screen still reflect Litecoin

lavajumper

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:18:12 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 02:55:15 PM by lavajumper

I just posted the newest test release of the Sexcoin Android Wallet:

==> Get it from Github ( v0.10.1-alpha )

This has been refactored for sexcoin extensively, and fixes the bug which the Litecoin wallet from GooglePlay detected the Sexcoin wallet as itself.
Most translations have been fixed.

lavajumper

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:54:55 PM

I just posted the newest test release of the Sexcoin Android Wallet :

==> Get it from Github ( v0.10.2-alpha)

This fixes the addressbook and USD exchange rate bug

lavajumper

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:09:55 PM

Just a quick dev update:

• Sxcer's autobuild script is almost complete
  • The next client build, which is against bitcoin 0.9 is in final testing
  • sexcoinAPI and sexcoin online wallet have proven stable. ( If you have not tried them out, you should )
  • dnsseeding is being implemented
  • sexcoin.net is LIVE
  • Android wallet looks like it will go into beta this week, and will be available via googlePlay.

Online Wallet: https://sxcwallet.com
SexcoinAPI:    https://sexcoinapi.com

Sxcwallet.com also has merchant services!!

spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

I am looking for some help solo mining. I have thus far been unable to get it working with any coin / wallet.

I am running windows 7 with 4 Gigs of ram on a dual core pc.

I start the sexcoin-qt wallet with the -server switch.
the wallet updates, and is synced correctly.

If I run a port scanner, it tells me 9560 and 9561 are both open.
If i go in my web browser to my ip address (192.168.1.11) :9561 I get a message that the webpage is not available

If I put in 127.0.0.1:9561 it asks for a username and password.
If I put in the matching information I have in my sexcoin.conf file, and it gives me the following output:

{"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}

So I point my miner to 127.0.0.1:9561 (any miner... I have tried cgminer BFminer, and multiminer) with the correct username / password combo from my config file and it tells me there is no pool at that address.

If I start mining at another pool, the miners start fine... and will mine for days.
While I am connected to that other pool (whatever it is) in cgminer or BFminer, I hit P for pool management, then a for add pool.
Type in 127.0.0.1:9561 and then the correct usernam and password where prompted, it will connect to my local pool.

While mining like this I found a sexcoin block once (it was orphaned) but it showed it was working for a little while... but my hashrate decreases over a short amount of time.

Within 10 min or so the pool is listed as dead and mining returns to the other pool.

I have tried shutting off antvirus and firewall, different wallets (different coins) forwarding ports on my router to this machine. Setting this machine up in the DMZ... all the different miners I can use... all the same problem.

My hardware is 2 gawminer furys (so I am not expecting too much)
but I was also having no luck running a wallet for sha256 to point my antminer S1s

Any assistance you can offer would be great as I am pulling my hair out...
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:58:26 PM

Correction... I can mine with my antminers locally. I am testing with bigbullion now and its up and running stable for 10 min. Now to do the same with scrypt
Nerull

Activity: 195
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:38:19 AM

are you getting many peers on your sxc client? can you link your sxc config file
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: