Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NSFW] Official Sexcoin Thread - New MANDATORY upgrade: KGW Timewarp attack FIX  (Read 307569 times)
skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:28:10 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 04:53:37 PM by skywave

oh I actually meant the whole conf file - or do you only have those addnodes in it..?

I found this info earlier - never used it - but might be worth a try
# If you have issues try this:
 # -delete peers.dat
 # -use, instead of addnode:
    # connect=74.122.234.52:9560
    # connect=81.166.156.164:9560
    # connect=67.191.160.195:9560
..obviously you remove the # sign for the address you want to try..
and make sure that port is open on your modem/router or whatever you use..

and remember that connect means that you only get info from that ip - addnodes are in addition to all other connections the client finds itself..

of further info I can tell you that I sometimes delete or # all info in a wallet conf file - save it - close the wallet and open it again - that may or may not work better sometimes..

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lavajumper

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:51:01 PM

Great news that it's mentioned in the Washington Post, meanwhile.................newbie and member of the public trying for two days

to get help to get his wallet back in sync, no luck there, must be xmas, or who cares about that he's not a miner,

come on guys as I have stated not everyone is a rocket scientist geek into code,

It would be most appreciated if someone could explain in simple laymans language the procedure for

getting my wallet back online PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE  Huh

It was ok until December 13 2013 now all I get is 1 or 2 connections then 0 after half hour,

I have tried to download updated version , no good , unless I have messed up something, tried posting on forums for help no luck there,

Just noticed on Coinmarket cap slight dip in the price, I wonder why?

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but do remember their are millions of pains in the arse like me who might

like to adopt or invest in this coin.

Sorry to sound pissed off , but I am  Angry

I do not own some super duper quad core computer, just a poxy vaio laptop, windows 7

Thanks any help would be appreciated  Smiley

Something is up with your installation.
It sounds like you _may_ have corruption in your blockchain:

• copy 'wallet.dat' and sexcoin.conf to a safe place
  • delete the old installation ( not your wallet backup!!! )
  • install new
  • start the new client and see if it syncs, if it does.....
  • close the client
  • copy your old wallet.dat ( the one with your coins) to the new installation, overwriting the wallet.dat that the new install created
  • restart client

Other things:
-what block are you stuck at?
-is your wallet encrypted?
-have you run an anti-virus to make sure its not something like that
-have you checked to see if maybe your firewall decided it didn't like crypto-traffic?

If you want to copy your 'debug.log' file to a drop-box or something, I'll be happy to take a look.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
jeff6475

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:05:18 PM

If any1 can make a cam site i could get some girls and we could go 50/50 on it
odin99

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:24:13 PM

DO IT

the cam site should be the easy part.
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:01:01 PM

I have a question to the experts Smiley
I have twice discovered - solo mining - that I have found a block - cgminer - accepted and so forth - and then the wallet pops up that little incoming message - but when I open the wallet nothing is incoming - not even after a while..!?
Is it possible that someone somehow can interfere with your wallet w/o you knowing it - and then redirect the incoming to an outside wallet..?
if so - how can that happen?

when I have encountered this I have deleted the whole wallet dir except the wallet and conf - restarted the qt and waited for the whole chain to be downloaded.
 but I continue to suspect something wrong because I am still losing a lot of coins which I normally mine over one day - not even just a bit less due to increased diff - but a lot less - almost to a standstill..

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:41:05 PM

Happy New Year - and a prosperous 2014 for SXC Smiley

WOPR

Activity: 223

Birb.co Bounty and Airdrop Manager

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:35:55 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

lavajumper

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:41:58 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 04:01:08 PM by lavajumper

I have a question to the experts Smiley
I have twice discovered - solo mining - that I have found a block - cgminer - accepted and so forth - and then the wallet pops up that little incoming message - but when I open the wallet nothing is incoming - not even after a while..!?
Is it possible that someone somehow can interfere with your wallet w/o you knowing it - and then redirect the incoming to an outside wallet..?
if so - how can that happen?

when I have encountered this I have deleted the whole wallet dir except the wallet and conf - restarted the qt and waited for the whole chain to be downloaded.
 but I continue to suspect something wrong because I am still losing a lot of coins which I normally mine over one day - not even just a bit less due to increased diff - but a lot less - almost to a standstill..

If cgminer finds a block, the wallet and cgminer have found a 'working solution', however, this doesn't 100% insure that the block will be accepted by the block chain. If another miner has found a 'working solution' at the same time, whichever miner can propagate that information to the network fastest gets the block. The winner will get the reward, and the other miner gets an 'orphan'. This is usually registered in your wallet as a mined block with a '?' beside it for longer than 2 blocks.

This is one of the strongest arguments for mining in a pool unless you have both a competitive hashrate and a good solid connection to the network.

To answer your other question, it is possible for someone to 'interfere' with your wallet under a narrow set of circumstances if your wallet is not encrypted or encrypted with a weak password AND someone has obtained your private key. If this happens your wallet is compromised and whoever has the private key can spend your coins at will.

Always keep in mind that mining calculations are NOTHING but an estimate. It is possible to have a run of bad luck, especially when the network hash rate jumps, and fall in way below the estimated reward. This is exactly why I don't solo mine anymore. I figure solo mining would require somewhere on the order of 1% of the total network hashrate to negate the 'bad luck' risk. Some people have this kind of hashpower, I don't. Add into that the flash mining and it really is a strong case for pool mining. I mined litecoin for months in pools and solo and in my entire mining career I have found a grand total of one block for one pool, never one solo. My calculations predict that I would find one block every 9.5 days ( back when difficulty was under 300). So, it seems to me (and this is an uncalculated, unproven opinion) that there is a 'critical hashrate level' that one must achieve in order to solo mine.

That being said, take a look through your debug.log file to investigate what is happening to these blocks. My guess is that they are being orphaned, but its worth looking into.

[EDIT] All someone needs is your private key, which can be obtained if you don't have your wallet encrypted, or encrypted with a weak password. Encrypting the wallet protects your private key.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:31:16 AM

I solo mined multiple coins with 9 to ~14 MH/s and can confirm that 1% of the network hashrate is the bare minimum to be "ok". 2% is much better, except if the block time is too long (>2mn).

There's no real gain to solo mine. If you don't have a very low ping you can have a good amount of stales or orphans easily, especially on short block time coins.

I often prefer to find a pool that made public it's last n blocks found, and look if there's no "bug" in the stats and if on the last 100+ blocks, real shares are near 100% expected shares.
If I have a good ping on it, if it has more than 5% the network hashrate, and if it does not have any bad history with community for other coins, I set it up as my main pool, and try to find at least 1 or 2 others pools as failover.
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:29:38 AM

Happy New Year guys....
* TheGer buyin up cheap SXC on crypsy yay....
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:02:33 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 10:57:36 AM by skywave

@lavajumper and @vaelrock:

ty for the explanation - gives a nice overview of the process, which filled in the missing knowledge to me.
yes I agree - pool mining is the way..
there are only a very few currencies which I still solo a bit - but will eventually pool mine those as well..

VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:58:37 PM

Anybody know how many sexCoins are being mined per day right now? 

Cause with such a marketable name and lots of services I can't figure out why this coins is so cheap.  I bought 1.25 Bitcoin's worth as a speculative play and I'm surprised so many other coins with nothing special are up so much while this coin drifts down.

Can anybody add any input?  I'm new to this coin so I don't know much about it.  Thanks.
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:48:10 PM

I firmly believe it will eventually hit the market big time..
BTW - hitting the market - I've always used http://coinmarketcap.com to follow the status but today I learned that there is another list http://cryptmarketcap.com
On that list SXC is not even listed..? Strange I think..

LittleDigger

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

1.Roughly 288,000 coins are being generated each day. It should be 144,000 but the algorithms aren't right.. In fact unless the developers of any newer alt completely rewrite that bit of code you'll see misreported hashrate and the generation won't be quite right in any coin.. lava and RPG are working on it. However all those extra coins are flooding the market and the price is taking a beating. There also have been connection problems with the present client, and we have been promising the release of the new client for so long, there is a feeling in some quarters that we are incapable of doing so. The truth is that Lava has coded in fixes to problems deemed impossible to completely rectify which passed testing, but it's taken a lot of time.

2. To buy SXC first you have to buy BTC, Then you have to swap it to LTC, then you can buy SXC. Generally Cryptsy will take any crap coin, and list it against BTC. There is then the thought that if Cryptsy won't list it against BTC, it must really be crap. I spoke in the cryptsy thread to Bitjohn and requested that it be listed against BTC, but he said they were busy, but they would consider it. Investors also approached him in Las Vegas earlier. Since then they haven't been too busy to add several more coins.

I haven't bothered to chase it up, because Bitjohn has had a long history of being biased against SXC, and I have a long history of having a volatile temper, and involving myself further would be counterproductive.

3, We overtook development of the coin, which means we weren't in on any premine or instamine, which means we don't have the funds to pay brib,.. I mean bounties . We also didn't announce the release to anybody involved in an exchange then to the general public some weeks after it had been mined.

4. I note in a thread that on the 7th of December, the attorney general of Florida was allegedly advised of cryptsy's operations and showed great concern about the potential for fraud, and will be investigating their operations. While this may just be FUD spread by a competitor of cryptsy to tarnish their reputation, if true then any coin dependant on cryptsy is in for a rough time.

I have approached the following exchanges

https://bter.com/
https://vircurex.com/
https://btcltc.com/
https://www.crypto-trade.com/  
http://cryptonit.net/  
https://btc-e.com/  
https://coinedup.com/

And lava was told by https://www.coins-e.com/ that they would add the coin but no action has been taken. Perhaps they are waiting for the client release. We are listed on CoinEX.PW, but they don't broadcast information to sites like coinchoose, and so are obscure.

If you want to see an increase in price, and protect your investment, I would suggest you assist in lobbying exchanges to add SXC in a BTC trade pair. Generally coins pay brib.. bounties to anybody who spams exchanges on their behalf, but I personal think such behaviour is infantile, and a waste of resources best used for real promotion and development.

It is a pity that the exchanges don't seem to list coins on merit, but rather by popular request.

EDIT: some sites like Coinwarz require a BTC trade pair for stats, so SXC has not been listed since CoinEX's api's stopped working, reducing SXC's exposure.

skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

Thanks LittleDigger for the nice update Smiley Good Work  Tongue

Not sure if you already know it - but I am currently looking at Cryptsy and SXC/LTC is now listed..
..or has it been all the time w/o me noticing..?

..ahh just re-read your post - you were elaborating over SXC/BTC - I see..

LittleDigger

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:12:48 PM

Yeap.. Merchants my exchange SXC for BTC, Instead of taking BTC, but add LTC as another step, and they won't want to take you on..

And as I said you lose heaps of exposure without a BTC trade pair...

I suspect the thing is Bitjohn compared us to "weedcoin" and "Vaginacoin" and suggested we change the name back on the 5th July,2013. To do so would have ruined our branding, so we didn't comply.

He expected that the coin would die without his personal approval, but it didn't.. On the 2nd Septemper,2013 we were listed on PhenixEX, and on the 5th September ,2013 CoinEX.. and we were gaining momentuem...

On the 22nd September,2013, he was underfire in the community for listing crap coins, and there was controversy over cryptsy delisting crap coins.. I sent him a PM, not asking for a listing, but pointing out that while It was understandable that he not list every merchant that accepted SXC on his little stickied thread, listing merchants but omitting SXC from the currencies they accepted seem biased... suddenly he listed us against LTC..

He presented it as a "trial run" ... and that he wondered if he was being a bit of a "prude"..

I think it's time SXC's trial run was over, his dismissive and recalcitrant attitude is hurting the coin.. though I might be taking this a bit "personally"..

wedge

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:20:25 PM

Always keep in mind that mining calculations are NOTHING but an estimate. It is possible to have a run of bad luck, especially when the network hash rate jumps, and fall in way below the estimated reward.

Bad luck can affect pools just like it can affect solo mining.  Back in the summer I was mining litecoin on a pool, the estimate was that the pool should have been finding ~2 blocks per day.  That pool hit a VERY bad run, it went 6 days without finding a block, pool hashrate and difficulty stayed roughly consistent the whole time.  And then when it finally got a block, it got orphaned... ouch. talk about a kick in the teeth.  Then 2 more days to the next block, then it resumed a neutral luck pattern again.  I actually switched pools after the second day of nothing, but I kept watching it.

It re-enforces what I always say: It doesn't matter what method of mining you choose.  If you average out your mining over a long enough period of time, the total amount you earn will be about the same.  The only thing that changes is the payout, either small amounts throughout the period, or a large lump sum at the end.  
How long is long enough for it to average out?  Well... that could be a long time depending on your hashrate vs the total network hashrate.  It's not necessarily the time to your first solo block, it takes more time than that to average out.
The rule of thumb that I've heard stated, and I tend to agree with, is that if you can solo mine at least 1 block per day, then it makes sense to go solo.  Less than 1 block per day, then you're better off on a pool.  I can't think of any scenario that would necessitate someone needing more than 1 payout per day.

wedge

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:22:51 PM

4. I note in a thread that on the 7th of December, the attorney general of Florida was allegedly advised of cryptsy's operations and showed great concern about the potential for fraud, and will be investigating their operations. While this may just be FUD spread by a competitor of cryptsy to tarnish their reputation, if true then any coin dependant on cryptsy is in for a rough time.

Sounds like FUD.  Unless they directly deal in USD, it can't be used for fraud.  At least, can't directly be used for fraud.

LittleDigger

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

Well Wedge theres :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361514

And:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=373333.0

And I paid attention to this bit:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361514.msg4181952#msg4181952

Now I figure if its FUD, pushing on to exchanges certainly won't hurt us..

If it's not FUD, getting onto exchanges before the rush is imperative.

This is what was sent out, not the best, but better than most requests:

http://www.sexcoinforum.org/index.php?topic=320.msg1192#msg1192

But just a polite request extolling the virtues of the coin probably won't have much of an effect..

So what else can we do to make it happen ?

TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:44:21 AM

Don't know if this has been done already but in browsing the alt currency vendors page I see that there isn't much of an SXC presence in the accepted section.  Might be an idea to canvas those vendors and see if they are interested in SXC.  There are even a few Adult sites there.  Might be easy pickings to pick up a few more sites accepting SXC.  Just a thought.

If it's already been done then disregard.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: