Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:33:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jaked

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:41:57 PM

Why won't you contribute to XRB instead of forking it? If you have the proper capabilities, I'm sure they'll be happy to board you on. XRB's lead dev also said in a Reddit AMA that privacy might be coming in the future.
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:52:54 PM

Why won't you contribute to XRB instead of forking it? If you have the proper capabilities, I'm sure they'll be happy to board you on. XRB's lead dev also said in a Reddit AMA that privacy might be coming in the future.

Because more BTC

Sounds bad but that’s how most alts are. This is a really great idea though while most alts are boring with nothing unique.
michaeltsg

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:00:53 PM

Any Update?
chapusin

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:44:57 PM

Following and interested in donation if like others have said, it is through an escrow.
dhendrickk

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:44:22 PM

What are the general thoughts on distributing similar to how XRB did via captcha?
user113

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:10:41 AM

Interested in project. Distributing through captcha best solution now that more people are aware.
It will create a strong community.
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 03:06:33 AM

Why fork from raiblocks?  don't know much that, so can someone explain benefits?

The introduction already summarized it all up

I'm forking from raiblocks due to the codebase being superior to blockchain tech, DAG will be the future, and Stone will be part of it, traditional blockchains with $70 transaction fees are not feasible, instant, free, whats not to like?

Aside being fee less, what other advantage does Stone have over other anonymous transactions coins out there? Following the project closely.

Instant, fee-less, over 7000tx per second. This alone is a great feat over traditional blockchain tech, i think this is a good starting point!

For the same reasons there is a Monero, Dash & a ZCash, we all have different starting points and end goals, i truly respect the effort and work put into RaiBlocks, and respect Colin more than anything, i do not wish to compete, i wish for stone to be the little brother of RaiBlocks, with privacy.

Any Update?

The code is being worked on, for those eagerly waiting, there will be no significant update until the beta wallet is released so myself and the community can start testing, i recommend bookmarking and coming back in 1-2months.

Interested in project. Distributing through captcha best solution now that more people are aware.

I dislike the stress this places on the community and exchanges, although im not ruling it out and will have more of a brainstorm about distribution over the next few days.

A new promising project, i loved this.
I think Stone coins can be distributed to BitGrail users equally.
Good Luck!

i appreciate your support, thank you!

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
Devss

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:42:14 AM

How does distribution will be done? Is it same like RaiBlocks faucet?  This give's opportunity to anyone can obtain the coins. Otherwise It could go to online bitcoin miners and rich people only.
Devss

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:49:03 AM

I think that the best way to do the distribution, is with faucets, like XRB.

After seeing all the issues RaiBlocks had i don't think i can do catchpa faucet distribution, it places too much stress on the community.

felixando

With all due respect, I find your behaviour to be very unsettling.

You create a PRE-ANN and already start accepting donations for the supply of a yet to be coin ?

You refuse to distribute the coin fairly through a faucet ?

The XRB lead dev distributed his coin for FREE, didn't ask for donations and already had code to show.

This all seems very fishy to me.

Please stop accepting donations. Please first start working on the code, then distribute the coin for free through a Faucet like XRB did and finally, if you wish, start accepting donations (Rather not see that, don't remember XRB devs asking for donations ? I might be wrong ?)

Not the other way around.

Too many red flags.

The original developer of RaiBlocks Colin is the most selfless person I have ever seen. He distributed coins fairly and did not offend anyone in community or get mad at people. He is very mature and earns respect in every way.

bsizzle

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:18:30 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the beta once ready. A privacy focused XRB sounds pretty darn exciting.

For all those complaining about donations... it's optional. If you want to wait and see something more concrete, then don't donate. If you wan't a different distribution method, then recommend something and don't just insist "faucet" over and over - the dev has already said he's not doing a faucet. But just calling the dev a scammer is childish.

Assuming there's around 133M coins available at the onset, I would think a 10/90 distribution to donators and XRB holders would seem a little more fair. I'd guess there's significantly fewer donators vs. XRB holders, so 30% distributed to the donation pool, feels like it'd centralize the coin amongst a very tiny number of holders.
Zuvan

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:46:38 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the beta once ready. A privacy focused XRB sounds pretty darn exciting.

For all those complaining about donations... it's optional. If you want to wait and see something more concrete, then don't donate. If you wan't a different distribution method, then recommend something and don't just insist "faucet" over and over - the dev has already said he's not doing a faucet. But just calling the dev a scammer is childish.

Assuming there's around 133M coins available at the onset, I would think a 10/90 distribution to donators and XRB holders would seem a little more fair. I'd guess there's significantly fewer donators vs. XRB holders, so 30% distributed to the donation pool, feels like it'd centralize the coin amongst a very tiny number of holders.

I agree. 30% is far too much.
deemcdee

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:53:17 AM

I dislike the stress this places on the community and exchanges, although im not ruling it out and will have more of a brainstorm about distribution over the next few days.

The Raiblocks distribution method was very fair and the community sincerely appreciated this. If you're making the claim that this method was stressful, I'd ask you to show this (budding) community some proof of that beyond comments that wave it aside.

I like the stated goals of Stone, but dismissing things in this manner raises my skepticism.
Jester.

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:19:19 AM

The Raiblocks distribution method was very fair and the community sincerely appreciated this. If you're making the claim that this method was stressful, I'd ask you to show this (budding) community some proof of that beyond comments that wave it aside.

I like the stated goals of Stone, but dismissing things in this manner raises my skepticism.

Are you kidding? there was like exchange delisting and death threats due to the faucets, there was 9000 indians per day commenting on bitcointalk accusing people of not payout out claims and so much stress involved for holders, the price plummeted, raiblocks only started going up after faucet was removed.

I vote no faucet, instead twitter givaways or airdrops, or create a ERC20 token to represent Stone whilst development is ongoing, and distribute it this way, this way we can trade it as futures, and then do a swap right when its time to deliver first release.
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:47:50 AM

I am following this!

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:47:16 AM

My opinion is:
- no ICO
- no airdrops to XRB owners (this would make already rich people more richer, please give us a new opportunity)
- focus on development, bug free products (not like XRB ones) and community

Make this project have a own life (not depending on XRB).

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:01:51 AM

Multiround, egs 2 month, Airdrop based on forum activity number might work well!

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
CyraxMax

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:06:55 AM

Whatever the distribution method would be chosen, please make sure that it is a fair one, one that gives everybody an equal chance.
That is why a faucet was the chosen method for XRB distribution, and I don't think anyone is arguing that.
Thinvestor

Activity: 184

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:30:51 AM

Following, sent a PM too

The simpler it is, the better I like it
Silber

Activity: 1154
Merit: 154

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:50:51 AM

Iota is still beta. The Iota Tangle is not stand alone, the Tangle is controlled by coordinators, and the coordinators are controlled by the Iota foundation. Who will control the coordinator of your project? You alone, a community, foundation or a company?
Can you please answer my question?
vsh

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:55:19 AM

Iota is still beta. The Iota Tangle is not stand alone, the Tangle is controlled by coordinators, and the coordinators are controlled by the Iota foundation. Who will control the coordinator of your project? You alone, a community, foundation or a company?
Can you please answer my question?
I can answer. Stone is supposed to be based not on IOTA but on RaiBlocks that don't have a centralized coordinator.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: