Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:29:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IBuyCoins

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:35:42 PM

I like what Raiblocks did and the idea of adding privacy to this technology is a very good one. It also really needs smart contracts and decentralized apps but who knows may be Stone will have this in future.

Even if this ANN is vapour, this needs to happen regardless  Smiley
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:15:45 PM

Wish you luck!
Great to see people attempting to innovate. I will donate more if I see progress or if you further explain your expertise:)
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x08c430ce8325ee42d484e05bd64cbe8df287094c29dc637fe1e561f0bf742fa6

Kaskad

Activity: 351
Merit: 15

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:11:07 PM

Follow  Wink

salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:24:46 PM

I like what Raiblocks did and the idea of adding privacy to this technology is a very good one. It also really needs smart contracts and decentralized apps but who knows may be Stone will have this in future.

Yes but how does this coin differ exactly it RaiBlocks is soon to add privacy? In any regard we gotta wait 1-2 months like dev said so until the launch of the coin anything we say about Stone is pure speculation.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:27:43 PM

I sent you a donation to pursue the development of the project  Wink

Risky.

You seem to be a really smart guy.

I don't like the fact you donated to something that could essentially be absolute vapour.

You are encouraging certain individuals to attempt something similar to what OP *might* be doing by your behaviour.

It's your behaviour and your donation, but it affects the whole community because people will now know they can get free money by just creating a fake ANN (not saying this pre-ANN is fake, I am saying that OP got money only based on a pre-ANN with no code to show, which sets a dangerous precedent imo).

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. I have donated a lot of to crypto projects over the years. Below the line there is a big plus in the balance and brought me of being a very early investor of two top ten crypto projects. Every donation comes along with some risk.
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:38:40 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 10:50:31 PM by fracas

Yes but how does this coin differ exactly it RaiBlocks is soon to add privacy? In any regard we gotta wait 1-2 months like dev said so until the launch of the coin anything we say about Stone is pure speculation.

RaiBlocks won't add privacy anytime soon.

Stone can differ from RaiBlocks in many ways, a part from privacy:
- making a stable wallet
- setting up a stable main exchange
- setting up a toolkit for stable exchanges (unlike Mercatox\BitGrail)
- setting up a reliable network, XRB is not
- much more

Hope STONE dev already read this:
MACD looking bad.  Running out of steam for now.  Expect pullback.

You've been warned.  XRB is crypto with an unsafe consensus mechanism (see reference below).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264.60

This will be a historic fail when it's hacked!

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
IBuyCoins

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:57:32 PM

I sent you a donation to pursue the development of the project  Wink

Risky.

You seem to be a really smart guy.

I don't like the fact you donated to something that could essentially be absolute vapour.

You are encouraging certain individuals to attempt something similar to what OP *might* be doing by your behaviour.

It's your behaviour and your donation, but it affects the whole community because people will now know they can get free money by just creating a fake ANN (not saying this pre-ANN is fake, I am saying that OP got money only based on a pre-ANN with no code to show, which sets a dangerous precedent imo).

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. I have donated a lot of to crypto projects over the years. Below the line there is a big plus in the balance and brought me of being a very early investor of two top ten crypto projects. Every donation comes along with some risk.

I agree about this. This is how you get amazing ROI generally speaking. I am fine with the risk factor, I just don't like the fact that someone who only created an ANN so far is already asking for money and EVEN WORSE: getting said money.

It makes financial sense for you as an individual even when adjusted for risk, but it hurts the crypto community generally because bad people everywhere in cryptoland will see what they can get with just an ANN. That being said, I am really interested in STONE if it happens likes most people here, I just prefer to remain very skeptical until there is evidence of an actual coin, not just an ANN.

I just see an incredible amount of red flags on this thread and it saddens me because I got excited for STONE when it was announced here Sad
wmw248

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:05:24 AM

Too many newbie and brand new accounts in this thread.. The dev hasn't answered any technical questions.. I would never donate in something like that. My feeling is this is a scam.

I just wish that this people are investors who just got into bitcointalk. The dev is not at fault for those to have an interest for the project if that is the case

Yeah, I just got into cryptos a few months ago and have only cruised these forums primarily as a guest. I created an account and this was the first thread that caught my attention to begin posting.
Jester.

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:40:39 AM

My opinion is:
- no ICO
- no airdrops to XRB owners (this would make already rich people more richer, please give us a new opportunity)
- focus on development, bug free products (not like XRB ones) and community

Make this project have a own life (not depending on XRB).

and also no 30% to be distributed to donators. I can see it as an ICO already if that is the plan.

Lets try to come up with a new distribution model. Solving Captchas is out of the options

Its not an ico, consider it a gift for donating, Elastic XEL did the exact same thing and it was successful, it all went 10,000% in price on release, in my opinion its a smart move, whats a dev without a development fund? he is not asking for 40million, just tips to keep development going.

On a side note im really impressed with the feedback and responses by the dev, rather professional and doesent give any time to the FUD.

keep it up, the reward will be in the test release.
PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:36:52 AM

If STONE is Private, Instant, Feeless, Secure, with Quantum Resistance & Smart Contracts it will be the Holy GRAIL of currency. Lots of potential.
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:59:30 AM

If STONE is Private, Instant, Feeless, Secure, with Quantum Resistance & Smart Contracts it will be the Holy GRAIL of currency. Lots of potential.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and support, for now i am just working towards privacy, after that milestone has been completed i will reevaluate the project and add new ideas in the roadmap as myself and the community see fit.

Iota is still beta. The Iota Tangle is not stand alone, the Tangle is controlled by coordinators, and the coordinators are controlled by the Iota foundation. Who will control the coordinator of your project? You alone, a community, foundation or a company?
Can you please answer my question?

Someone has already answered your questions in a previous post, but Stone is not based on IOTA, but on RaiBlocks, Colin LeMahieu's creation (https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/wiki)

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
rumpel_tusk

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:03:54 AM

I appreciate your enthusiasm and support, for now i am just working towards privacy, after that milestone has been completed i will reevaluate the project and add new ideas in the roadmap as myself and the community see fit.

Iota is still beta. The Iota Tangle is not stand alone, the Tangle is controlled by coordinators, and the coordinators are controlled by the Iota foundation. Who will control the coordinator of your project? You alone, a community, foundation or a company?

Someone has already answered your questions in a previous post, but Stone is not based on IOTA, but on RaiBlocks, Colin LeMahieu's creation (https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/wiki)

felixando

The dev speaks!
Devss

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:56:05 AM

My opinion is:
- no ICO
- no airdrops to XRB owners (this would make already rich people more richer, please give us a new opportunity)
- focus on development, bug free products (not like XRB ones) and community

Make this project have a own life (not depending on XRB).

Are you serious. XRB is complete product. There can never be a bug free application in any software as the complexity increases bugs are inevitable.
Alphapulsared

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:58:38 AM

This is definitely on my watchlist. Care to give more details about yourself (or dev team) before I can donate?
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:59:46 AM

Interested in project. Distributing through captcha best solution now that more people are aware.
It will create a strong community.

I dislike the stress this places on the community and exchanges, although im not ruling it out and will have more of a brainstorm about distribution over the next few days.

The Raiblocks distribution method was very fair and the community sincerely appreciated this. If you're making the claim that this method was stressful, I'd ask you to show this (budding) community some proof of that beyond comments that wave it aside.

I like the stated goals of Stone, but dismissing things in this manner raises my skepticism.

Are you kidding? there was like exchange delisting and death threats due to the faucets, there was 9000 indians per day commenting on bitcointalk accusing people of not payout out claims and so much stress involved for holders, the price plummeted, raiblocks only started going up after faucet was removed.

I vote no faucet, instead twitter givaways or airdrops, or create a ERC20 token to represent Stone whilst development is ongoing, and distribute it this way, this way we can trade it as futures, and then do a swap right when its time to deliver first release.
This will be nice, distribution through Erc20 and a swap when  development is completed. It's less stressful and gives room to mass participation.
libertarian_vendetta

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:05:17 AM

interesting Wink
Update us from Twitter.

@felixando
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:08:22 AM

Too many newbie and brand new accounts in this thread.. The dev hasn't answered any technical questions.. I would never donate in something like that. My feeling is this is a scam.
Don't be biased. Newbie accounts doesn't mean nothing. Also it's not compulsory you date just sit back and watch the project unfold. Don't call it a scam yet. If the Dev is serious and dedicated I'm sure you will be glad being here at the end.
Mr.Y

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:41:19 AM

Well, are you single Dev, if yes, full time or side project. Any timeline when this will launch?
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:46:27 AM

felixando

The dev speaks!

He always answers most of the questions at least once a day. This is not the first time he answered questions.
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:47:27 AM

I'll keep an eye on this. Tagged.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: