Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:05:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ggeorgiev

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:38:39 AM

launching a website soon or anything like that?
PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:24:50 AM

I'm willing to donate StoneCurrency.org, StoneWallet.org, and StoneExchange.org to the project. This could provide a consistent set of resources for the community. I hope to show a simple site of the former soon.
Yodax

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:41:04 AM

I'm willing to donate StoneCurrency.org, StoneWallet.org, and StoneExchange.org to the project. This could provide a consistent set of resources for the community. I hope to show a simple site of the former soon.

I always love how communities in crypto are willing to help.
hoolio

Activity: 273
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:22:33 AM

It's funny to watch how crazy this whole thing has become. People want airdrops, free distribution etc. AND proof that this is not a scam.

It makes financial sense for you as an individual even when adjusted for risk, but it hurts the crypto community generally because bad people everywhere in cryptoland will see what they can get with just an ANN. That being said, I am really interested in STONE if it happens likes most people here, I just prefer to remain very skeptical until there is evidence of an actual coin, not just an ANN.

Check out the NXT and NEM topics here, what evidence they had and where they are now.

But I agree that it would be better to use an escrow anyway.
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:24:23 AM

Any update on progress?

Weekly dev updates would be great if you have the capacity...

The beginning of a new era.
EternalPropagation

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:53:53 AM

He always answers most of the questions at least once a day. This is not the first time he answered questions.

He hasn't answered even a single one of my questions. Mainly regarding the fact that zkSNARKs is resource-heavy and will remove the speed of rai from the characteristics. He would have have to use recursive zkSNARKs.
HorusLupercal

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:55:23 AM

DEV,

You have a great idea, myself, and many others in this thread are eagerly awaiting a chance to participate in the STONE project, especially coming off the back of the recent XRB hype and recognition as the top contender for a p2p currency. HOWEVER, I've read through the entire thread and you haven't addressed a single person with regards to a safe way to donate so we can participate with peace of mind that we aren't getting scammed.
I understand you are potentially working on the code, but you are addressing the same questions by different people but leaving the important ones out.

PLEASE give us a response regarding escrow. Give us the final leg of confidence we need to feel comfortable in helping this awesome idea. IF you really cared about bringing a true decentralized anon currency that helps your every day person, it would show that you want to do something meaningful with your talents, and help benefit the world, so start here by giving your future users what they want. At least respond.

With your 13 years exp for fortune 200 companies you should have better communication skills.

Think i speak on behalf of the entire thread here when I say I look forward to your (hopefully) positive response.
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:06:48 PM

+1, escrow or it's another ZETH spinoff

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
Verethraghna

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:28:57 PM

No progress yet Grin?
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:30:29 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 01:02:22 PM by fracas

I am sure progress will come. Dev cannot always be here to answer. He is preparing the coin!

Anyway I am with you guys:
- no airdrops to XRBs older and not to donors too (it would become unfair or an ICO). Faucet is still a fair system.

Moreover in setting up exchange or make other exchanges to support the coin i suggest this approach:
-"Computing hash on client side for exchanges" - https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7k0tmc/computing_hash_on_client_side_for_exchanges/

This would dramatically decrease downtimes or overloads and exchange wouldn't have to invest in GPUs to keep STONE market up. This would be better also for privacy procedures computing.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
OnchePower

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:58:25 PM

I like the idea. I'll donate once there is some proof this isn't a scam.
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:32:00 PM

He always answers most of the questions at least once a day. This is not the first time he answered questions.

He hasn't answered even a single one of my questions. Mainly regarding the fact that zkSNARKs is resource-heavy and will remove the speed of rai from the characteristics. He would have have to use recursive zkSNARKs.

This is the nearest answer that i could find about your question. Hope this helps

Now this sounds like a good idea.

No wasting time, no marketing smoke and mirrors, just a focus on development.

How long do you think this will take?

Will you need a trusted setup with key signing like for ZCash?

I heard there is a thing called ZStarks (or something like that) that does not require the trusted setup.

Exactly, there should be no need for smoke and mirrors with any cryptocurrency related project, i'm not interested in selling a fluff project, i'm interested in presenting the code upon completion, and that will be the decider.

I have done a small amount of research on STARK's, and from what i can see there proofs are too large for a DAG/blockchain, perhaps in the future this may be a possibility.

From what i read, STARK's require ~1.2MB proof, whereas zk-SNARK only require~300bytes proof, also STARK's require around 140gb memory for proving. For now i am experimenting, researching and brainstorming the best methodology, i have a few possible scenario's/ ideas, which require testing.

The whole project to a beta release should only take ~1-2 months in an ideal world.

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:34:03 PM

I'll keep an eye out to see what is happening!  Smiley

PrinceOfPersia711

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:40:34 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 03:57:52 PM by PrinceOfPersia711

I am very interested in donating and investing in this coin. I will pm you later today when I have sent a donation Smiley

Edit: I made a donation, PM was sent
IBuyCoins

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:49:20 PM

DEV,

You have a great idea, myself, and many others in this thread are eagerly awaiting a chance to participate in the STONE project, especially coming off the back of the recent XRB hype and recognition as the top contender for a p2p currency. HOWEVER, I've read through the entire thread and you haven't addressed a single person with regards to a safe way to donate so we can participate with peace of mind that we aren't getting scammed.
I understand you are potentially working on the code, but you are addressing the same questions by different people but leaving the important ones out.

PLEASE give us a response regarding escrow. Give us the final leg of confidence we need to feel comfortable in helping this awesome idea. IF you really cared about bringing a true decentralized anon currency that helps your every day person, it would show that you want to do something meaningful with your talents, and help benefit the world, so start here by giving your future users what they want. At least respond.

With your 13 years exp for fortune 200 companies you should have better communication skills.

Think i speak on behalf of the entire thread here when I say I look forward to your (hopefully) positive response.

Looks like the idea of a privacy oriented XRB is interesting a lot of people. OP looks like he's not serious. How about we find devs to create the coin ? I am pretty sure some people on this thread or in the crypto community have the necessary skills to do what OP is saying he wants to do.
goingmobile

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:53:12 PM

my mouse is ready to click some captchas!
uihehda

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

If STONE is Private, Instant, Feeless, Secure, with Quantum Resistance & Smart Contracts it will be the Holy GRAIL of currency. Lots of potential.

Not really. Smart contracts would just add bloat that is by no means necessary. The holy grail of currency is private, instant, feeless and quantum resistant. Leave smart contracts to other coins that are built for those.
Anycrypt

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:28:50 PM

Too many newbie and brand new accounts in this thread.. The dev hasn't answered any technical questions.. I would never donate in something like that. My feeling is this is a scam.
Don't be biased. Newbie accounts doesn't mean nothing. Also it's not compulsory you date just sit back and watch the project unfold. Don't call it a scam yet. If the Dev is serious and dedicated I'm sure you will be glad being here at the end.

let's see how the project will develop further, but there are some suspicions due to the fact that there are really many newcomers who are ready to invest and support the project right from the first message on the forum.
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:34:26 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 06:50:20 PM by fracas

If STONE is Private, Instant, Feeless, Secure, with Quantum Resistance & Smart Contracts it will be the Holy GRAIL of currency. Lots of potential.

Not really. Smart contracts would just add bloat that is by no means necessary. The holy grail of currency is private, instant, feeless and quantum resistant. Leave smart contracts to other coins that are built for those.

Must quote this.

my mouse is ready to click some captchas!

And this!

Looks like the idea of a privacy oriented XRB is interesting a lot of people. OP looks like he's not serious. How about we find devs to create the coin ? I am pretty sure some people on this thread or in the crypto community have the necessary skills to do what OP is saying he wants to do.

I do not quote this. OP has still to show us anything but for sure he deserves a little of confidence.

When he'll show us some GitHubs and stuffs it would be more clear and we would love to. Premises are really good.

Please OP, make sure you prepare stuffs for getting ready-listed at good exchanges. BitGrail and Mercatox are a mess. My Java suggestion to make clients do the job their side, like many web miners around nowadays, would be great I think.

Faucet distribution is democratic too I bet, even if audio ones are cheatable so I would avoid them. Social (Twitter) bounties are good too imho.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
Elated

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:41:46 PM

Social media bounties have a tendency to turn into unnecessary and unwanted spam. It has been my experience that his type of campaign may in fact be detrimental to its success.  If the project is good, it will be picked up by social media on its own merit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: