Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:40:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRESALE]⭐ REPU ⭐ - Smart reputation managment - Pre-ICO Soon🚀🚀  (Read 19248 times)
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:36:17 PM

The Repu token was invented to give people a reason to give ratings. People usually vote on the extreme ends. It's either a perfect 5 stars or it totally blows. Is the Repu token reward going to be worth enough that people also bother with meh ratings? And even then how are you going to compensate for the extreme ratings?

Extreme ratings are part of the process. It is taking the average of all votes. So even every vote is extreme it will make an average point around somewhere logical.

There should also be some more complex logic in play but, in general the system will need lot of data to calibrate

It's really interesting how complex the topic is. Fake ratings, extreme ratings etc. I'm beginning to understand why there is no demo yet.
This is cool, but they have to concentrate more on something precise and come to perfection there. It can be general or business rating system. Only after that it is wise to expand to other areas

That's a good point. Maybe they should really first concentrate on rating businesses, companies, etc and only later go to rating individuals, because I think it's more subjective and also can bring more problems.

That sounds like a good idea. Rating companies has been done for a long time and they should be able to implement that a lot easier than rating individuals and their work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:37:27 PM

The Repu token was invented to give people a reason to give ratings. People usually vote on the extreme ends. It's either a perfect 5 stars or it totally blows. Is the Repu token reward going to be worth enough that people also bother with meh ratings? And even then how are you going to compensate for the extreme ratings?

Extreme ratings are part of the process. It is taking the average of all votes. So even every vote is extreme it will make an average point around somewhere logical.

There should also be some more complex logic in play but, in general the system will need lot of data to calibrate

It's really interesting how complex the topic is. Fake ratings, extreme ratings etc. I'm beginning to understand why there is no demo yet.
This is cool, but they have to concentrate more on something precise and come to perfection there. It can be general or business rating system. Only after that it is wise to expand to other areas

That's a good point. Maybe they should really first concentrate on rating businesses, companies, etc and only later go to rating individuals, because I think it's more subjective and also can bring more problems.
Individuals or business/companies, its all are mentioned on their whitepaper.
So I'm pretty sure each member of the team has their own part, they all are prepared for this and take care of it simultaneously.
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 01:46:21 PM

There is no information about how to get in the private sale and the post is back some pages now.

Someone should find that post and quote it Smiley
The private sale is probably for some whales and other big investors

Well, I think normally closed rounds are indeed for big investors with high minimum investment but Repu closed round is only 1 eth minimum purchase amount.
I hope that after the end of the closed sales we will announce the amount of total investment. This is important to me, because I want to take part in the main ICO

the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:19:11 PM

The current crypto market ‘recovery’ is disappointing me at the moment (my alts are in the red), but I think Repu should still get the token sales over as soon as possible without any further delays because investors are keen to see progress in the project.
The main growth nowadays may be a good sign of more values applied in projects like Repu, soon, unfortunately alts bleed for the growth of Btc, Eth, but I do not think it is an improper moment for Icos, I see more and more users if joining and spreading the word

I think that in the future more and more projects will be more independent from ETH's or BTC's price movements. These days it's still this feeling that either all succeed or fall together, but once these concepts demonstrate their real world use cases they can exist on a standalone basis.
I agree, this is just the begining of the crypto currencies and the market is very dependent on the price of the most popular currencies. Over time this will change.

Actually, utility tokens are now beginning to take center stage in crypto verse and are expected to boom in the near future. Smiley

it's gonna take a while man. utility tokens are still tied to ETH blockchain, so it they take off, then ETH will take off.

MissedBTCtrain

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:56:53 PM

We should use REPU to give point to ICO rating sites, this way people know to trust the rating or not.

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  
 ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 03:57:53 PM

I mean...chinese new year is over, so everything should go back to normal prett soon
I agree, but after a long long party, how long do you need till you are perfectly fit again?
Chinese people need some time do get new money, we cant expect, that on 15.2. prises raise like hell.
The rising we see just now is the expectation of the non chinese people, not chinese people are buying again.
They come later in march.  Grin

At least price is now over 10k and market looks better than it was.

If it keeps like that, it will also make a positive effect for icos.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:35:29 PM

That's how AI and machine learning work, the more data they gather the more accurate is the output. You can think of a human being, he/she'll predict some situations only with his/her past experience

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:12:30 PM

I mean...chinese new year is over, so everything should go back to normal prett soon
I agree, but after a long long party, how long do you need till you are perfectly fit again?
Chinese people need some time do get new money, we cant expect, that on 15.2. prises raise like hell.
The rising we see just now is the expectation of the non chinese people, not chinese people are buying again.

For scammers as well unfortunately. I noticed that on the rise of market the face ICO's flourish, and during depression they are not that active. So, we have to pay more attention to where to take part or not now.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

We should use REPU to give point to ICO rating sites, this way people know to trust the rating or not.
would certainly be a sector where repu should enter, in addition to the ratings of industry experts on the ico comparison sites, it would be interesting to read the opinions, ratings of common investors/users, i think this will be the year of the utilities token, a video on the operation of the platform would be welcome...
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:53:47 PM

I don't think averaging extreme ratings is or should be the solution.

There are 2 conflicting problems at the same time.

The first is that ratings are exaggerations. Ratings attract people who have very strong feelings about the thing they are rating. Especially if they are angry. Let's say 20 hotel customers had a bad experience. 15 of them rate the hotel 0 stars, while from the other 980 customers who thought it was OK only 5 bother rating 3 to 5 stars.

The other problem is the opposite. If you have thousands of ratings the most extreme ratings disappear in the statistics. But those extreme ratings contain the most important information. Let's say most bank customers don't really read the small print of a loan they got, they're happy enough they got it at all and rate the bank 4/5. Only 3 customers notice misleading terms in the documents and rate the bank 0 stars, but are completely averaged away by the happy customers ratings.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hanshammer

Activity: 280
Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:54:48 PM

For scammers as well unfortunately. I noticed that on the rise of market the face ICO's flourish, and during depression they are not that active. So, we have to pay more attention to where to take part or not now.
ICOs are very overhyped now. I think repu should better try to make partnerships with existing projects who are out of the ICO stage.

Nazgar

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:10:57 PM

The first is that ratings are exaggerations. Ratings attract people who have very strong feelings about the thing they are rating. Especially if they are angry. Let's say 20 hotel customers had a bad experience. 15 of them rate the hotel 0 stars, while from the other 980 customers who thought it was OK only 5 bother rating 3 to 5 stars.

The other problem is the opposite. If you have thousands of ratings the most extreme ratings disappear in the statistics. But those extreme ratings contain the most important information. Let's say most bank customers don't really read the small print of a loan they got, they're happy enough they got it at all and rate the bank 4/5. Only 3 customers notice misleading terms in the documents and rate the bank 0 stars, but are completely averaged away by the happy customers ratings.

Your two described problems are correct. But at the end the people know this. If I buy something on Amazon I never read the 5 start or one star feedback.
I read the longer ones and these which were liked much.
I agree that the are problems. There was ip web cam on Amazon and you get a management software for free if you leave a feedback.
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:14:25 PM

That's how AI and machine learning work, the more data they gather the more accurate is the output. You can think of a human being, he/she'll predict some situations only with his/her past experience
Unfortunately, the robot is easy to cheat if you know by what criteria it evaluates ICO. that's why I want to see a demo of this project and see how their artificial intelligence works. I personally want to try to deceive him!

zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:32:11 PM

I agree, we all have different perception. What is ok for one person, can be extreme for others. Besides, probably some extreme ratings won't go through because of AI/ML.

So you are saying that AI or some sort of algorithm can intervene to rating process? Maybe i understood wrong but if so, i think it is wrong that somebody or machine intervening the reputation process in decision phase( but i'm excluding that intentional fake crowd reputations, 1000 people gives 1 to a movie or else)

Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:37:55 PM

I am sure that any ratings can be artificially adjusted. The question is who will pay for it and how much. Conspiracy can never be ruled out.

helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:45:43 PM

I am sure that any ratings can be artificially adjusted. The question is who will pay for it and how much. Conspiracy can never be ruled out.

And it is a trivial task to use bots. Some people might say that it is simple for people/AI/machine-learning to detect bots, but if people are competent enough it is easy to make multiple accounts that can't be differentiated from real accounts.

belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:01:40 PM

And it is a trivial task to use bots. Some people might say that it is simple for people/AI/machine-learning to detect bots, but if people are competent enough it is easy to make multiple accounts that can't be differentiated from real accounts.
I agree that there are many biased websites in the Ico classifications segment, but I believe that nothing should override the personal research of the Investors, I do not let myself be influenced by some classifications, there is less that there is real sympathy for the project, concept and Work Team, as built by Repu, in my case
Hakamura

Activity: 294
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

It seems this project  REPU will grow in future become very popular for it's nice platform it is nice to follow this project for more updates.
Trrrt

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:16:26 PM

Yes i also think that use repu for ico rating site could be a good application of the project. There is so much application for smar reputation management. It’s a big need especially in crypto world where reputation is a really important thing.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:04:43 PM

Yes i also think that use repu for ico rating site could be a good application of the project. There is so much application for smar reputation management. It’s a big need especially in crypto world where reputation is a really important thing.

There are some small project what are tackling reputation scores, but not on a big scale or as an important feature, like lifID, so an exclusive project handling this sector will be better, especially for HR companies and such, if this is down well, and Repu get key partners, this will help a lot to the mainstream of cryptos in general, ICOs will just be a small part of the platform, though very need for the start.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: