Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:18:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829874 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:59:42 AM

Strange... Today's morning cgminer dead. All cards have status OFF. Rig was rebooted, but it didn't help - when i start mine all cards sets to OFF. Cgminer with the same config for dogehouse was started and all works correctly. Very strange. Will try to investigate this issue today's evening
You should probably look into CGWatcher. I'd guesstimate its value to a 5MH/s farm at about $50/mo, and it's free. CGRemote's awesome, too, but actually costs (a negligible amount of) money.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:02:59 AM

Strange... Today's morning cgminer dead. All cards have status OFF. Rig was rebooted, but it didn't help - when i start mine all cards sets to OFF. Cgminer with the same config for dogehouse was started and all works correctly. Very strange. Will try to investigate this issue today's evening
You should probably look into CGWatcher. I'd guesstimate its value to a 5MH/s farm at about $50/mo, and it's free. CGRemote's awesome, too, but actually costs (a negligible amount of) money.

CG Remote is great, especially the latest version which sends me an email every time a miner goes down. It's impossible to monitor dozens and dozens of computers without it!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:20:55 PM

CG Remote is great, especially the latest version which sends me an email every time a miner goes down. It's impossible to monitor dozens and dozens of computers without it!
Very easy to use. Wife can monitor and restart as needed on laptop while I'm asleep or away in uncommon cases where CGRemote and CGWatcher don't ideally restart the miner or PC (it sometimes records a phantom GPU which messes its scripts). Recommend it to everyone with a farm, small or large.
webbson

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

IT Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:08:58 PM

Who made  http://poolpicker.eu/ ?
If it's accurate the conclusion is: They're all about the same so just relax.  Cheesy

That would be me. Smiley

http://poolpicker.eu/ should have the LTC line on there to show what a standard mining of LTC would do as Middlecoin over the last week has been significantly lower than that. Normally MC would have a few bad days then have a significant 'overpayment' day that made up for it. That hasn't happened this time. h20 has been sitting on over 200+ unexchanged for weeks! When was the last time this pool was under 20-30BTC unexchanged? Its been at least a month. Those are your coins he's hoarding, claiming you earned but not giving them to you. How is it he still has 13GH/s here? The last week he's been worse than LTC and people still stay. I'll come back when http://poolpicker.eu/ shows he's back on his game but not before.

Not bad idea with a LTC line in there. Anyone know where can I get good stats for LTC to BTC per MHs?

Hard to choose pool? PoolPicker
BTC: 1W3BBSNm3KMtvtMoARiYGjzEoRHB66P
Gaalahaad

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:52:06 PM

I just noticed on the main graph that the total BTC (all users) does not go back to 0 at the end of the pay day, even far from it (~ 80-90 BTC maybe). I actually looked at that graph the last few days and that's why I decided to mine again at MC, thinking the pool was getting at least 0.01 BTC/(Mh/s)/day (170-200 BTC/day for ~14000Mh/s). It seems that I actually got much less than that the last 12 hours; I probably made a mistake in estimating the perfs per day by not paying attention to the initial BTC at the beginning of the day.

So I first thought there was a bug with the graph, and then I though: do all these BTC not being paid every day come from many users with very small balance? I know I've had one for a few days. I guess you'd need quite a few users with a balance less than 0.01 BTC (~8000 ?).
gsrcrxsi

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:45:35 PM

I just noticed on the main graph that the total BTC (all users) does not go back to 0 at the end of the pay day, even far from it (~ 80-90 BTC maybe). I actually looked at that graph the last few days and that's why I decided to mine again at MC, thinking the pool was getting at least 0.01 BTC/(Mh/s)/day (170-200 BTC/day for ~14000Mh/s). It seems that I actually got much less than that the last 12 hours; I probably made a mistake in estimating the perfs per day by not paying attention to the initial BTC at the beginning of the day.

So I first thought there was a bug with the graph, and then I though: do all these BTC not being paid every day come from many users with very small balance? I know I've had one for a few days. I guess you'd need quite a few users with a balance less than 0.01 BTC (~8000 ?).

the BEST way to track pool performance is to track your individual earnings. you must have enough hash to get paid every day, and you must have a stable rig that isnt fluctuating a lot (like a lot of downtime).

you cant just take the total BTC balance, because 1, that itsnt accounting for the fees skimmed off by the pool owner, and 2, yes, there is a significant amount of BTC left over every day from small miners that werent paid (50-100 BTC worth). without an accurate way to see that carry over, you can only guestimate the amount (unless you happen to see it RIGHT after payout).

so tracking personal earnings of a stable rig is better since it will go back to zero after each payout.

you also should be taking into account the exact payout times (and hence, exact time between payout) and not just saying, "i got paid on monday, and then tuesday, thats 1 day!", when in reality you got paid at 2am monday and 4am tuesday, which is slightly longer than 1 day.

a lot of people over simplify things, make too many assumptions, and come up with incorrect, or padded, BTC/MH figures
coinGeek

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:48:49 PM

There are something over 32,000 different id's so yes, it's a little dust for each of a lot of users. H2O has been lax in cleaning out the penny pile.

Software Developer and Coin Geek
merred

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:52:03 PM

The last week I had 0.02 BTC / day with 3.5 MHS.
Is this considered "normal"..? Or wtf is going on.
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:54:15 PM

If it's accurate the conclusion is: They're all about the same so just relax.  Cheesy

That would be me. Smiley

http://poolpicker.eu/ should have the LTC line on there to show what a standard mining of LTC would do as Middlecoin over the last week has been significantly lower than that. Normally MC would have a few bad days then have a significant 'overpayment' day that made up for it. That hasn't happened this time. h20 has been sitting on over 200+ unexchanged for weeks! When was the last time this pool was under 20-30BTC unexchanged? Its been at least a month. Those are your coins he's hoarding, claiming you earned but not giving them to you. How is it he still has 13GH/s here? The last week he's been worse than LTC and people still stay. I'll come back when http://poolpicker.eu/ shows he's back on his game but not before.

Not bad idea with a LTC line in there. Anyone know where can I get good stats for LTC to BTC per MHs?

LTCRabbit maybe?
coinGeek

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:13:57 PM

Who made  http://poolpicker.eu/ ?
If it's accurate the conclusion is: They're all about the same so just relax.  Cheesy

That would be me. Smiley

Nicely done. Everyone loves a horse race and I like that you kept it simple.

I'm wondering what your methodology is. I'm assuming that you just collect published data from each pool. It could be done with a carefully run mining setup too which would  be another interesting approach. It would be nice to see a sentence or two on the page explaining it.

And maybe short essay somewhere with the details...  Grin

nether

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:36:15 PM

According to FAQ longer than 7 days more than 0.001 and payout will occur, so far 2 weeks at 0.008 and nothing yet. And is it normal that numbers just stay put if you stop mining for a bit even with payouts and un-exchanged values?
webbson

IT Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:57:14 PM

That would be me. Smiley

I'm wondering what your methodology is. I'm assuming that you just collect published data from each pool. It could be done with a carefully run mining setup too which would  be another interesting approach. It would be nice to see a sentence or two on the page explaining it.

And maybe short essay somewhere with the details...  Grin

Thanks a lot Smiley

The way I do it is that I daily collect the stats for paidout/pool speed for each pool from their own stats page or api if available.
For middlecoin I just tap into my data collector that I use for http://mc-watcher.eu and grab the stats from there.

I would have loved to have a mining setup to collect the data but that would be way out of my budget, and also a bit misleading depending on ping/different servers etc.

gsrcrxsi

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:04:10 PM

That would be me. Smiley

I'm wondering what your methodology is. I'm assuming that you just collect published data from each pool. It could be done with a carefully run mining setup too which would  be another interesting approach. It would be nice to see a sentence or two on the page explaining it.

And maybe short essay somewhere with the details...  Grin

Thanks a lot Smiley

The way I do it is that I daily collect the stats for paidout/pool speed for each pool from their own stats page or api if available.
For middlecoin I just tap into my data collector that I use for http://mc-watcher.eu and grab the stats from there.

I would have loved to have a mining setup to collect the data but that would be way out of my budget, and also a bit misleading depending on ping/different servers etc.

are you taking into account the large amount of BTC carried over every day on middlecoin? from people who arent paid due to being <.01.
also are you taking into account the ACTUAL time between payout? (1.023 days, 0.923 days, etc)

if both of these things are not acounted for, it will introduce significant error.
webbson

IT Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:16:20 PM

are you taking into account the large amount of BTC carried over every day on middlecoin? from people who arent paid due to being <.01.
also are you taking into account the ACTUAL time between payout? (1.023 days, 0.923 days, etc)

if both of these things are not acounted for, it will introduce significant error.

None of them are under consideration. The only thing I care about is how big was the payout today per MHs contributed.
BTC carried over per day is something every multi-pool has so there is no need for accounting for that rather than to have a what I don't get today I'll get tomorrow thought.

It would probably be possible to make it all more exact, but I'm just after an estimate.

harry1

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:17:00 PM

Why has middlecoin so less payouts?
On 22.02 mc had 220 bitcoin with around 14000mh/s =0,015 per  1mh/s my payout was 0,03 for 3,4mh/s!!
On 23.02 mc had 170 bitcoin with around 14000mh/s =0,012 per  1mh/s my payout was 0,024 for 3,4mh/s!!!
On 24.02 mc had 186 bitcoin with around 14000mh/s =0,013 per  1mh/s my payout was 0,024 for 3,4mh/s!!
Where is the difference?
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:25:16 PM

There is an algorythm which give people with higher hashrate more accepted shares per megahash. that equals The poordog payout of us ... still middlecoin ist the best pool out there

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
webbson

IT Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:31:21 PM

Why has middlecoin so less payouts?
On 22.02 mc had 220 bitcoin with around 14000mh/s =0,015 per  1mh/s my payout was 0,03 for 3,4mh/s!!
On 23.02 mc had 170 bitcoin with around 14000mh/s =0,012 per  1mh/s my payout was 0,024 for 3,4mh/s!!!
On 24.02 mc had 186 bitcoin with around 14000mh/s =0,013 per  1mh/s my payout was 0,024 for 3,4mh/s!!
Where is the difference?

22.02 was only a payout of 155 BTC with a rate of 0.0114 BTC/MHs, pool speed 13618 MH/s
23.02 payout 94.87 BTC with a rate of 0.00688152 BTC/MHs, pool speed 13786 MH/s
24.02 payout 116.64 BTC with a rate of 0.00846778 BTC/MHs, pool speed 13775 MH/s

Your numbers are way off.

gsrcrxsi

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:41:11 PM

None of them are under consideration. The only thing I care about is how big was the payout today per MHs contributed.
BTC carried over per day is something every multi-pool has so there is no need for accounting for that rather than to have a what I don't get today I'll get tomorrow thought.

It would probably be possible to make it all more exact, but I'm just after an estimate.

then unfortunately your numbers will be skewed high. in this caseyou're not actually tracking what was earned. you are only tracking the final balance at time of payout (but not all of that balance is being paid, hence rollover)

the whole point of measuring in BTC/MH is for scaleability.

your numbers will not scale properly to individuals and will always read higher than actual earnings.

Gaalahaad

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

then unfortunately your numbers will be skewed high. in this caseyou're not actually tracking what was earned. you are only tracking the final balance at time of payout (but not all of that balance is being paid, hence rollover)

your numbers will not scale properly to individuals and will always read higher than actual earnings.

I guess it depends what he calls payout. If it's the balance at the end of the payday (the red number in the graph), then it would be wrong and off by ~30%. If he somehow sums up every actual single user payout (or has access to it otherwise), then that would be accurate. With the numbers a quote in the post at 07:31:21, it looks like he is looking at the right payout (contrary to what I was doing  Embarrassed )
coinGeek

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:28:48 PM

I guess it depends what he calls payout. If it's the balance at the end of the payday (the red number in the graph), then it would be wrong and off by ~30%. If he somehow sums up every actual single user payout (or has access to it otherwise), then that would be accurate. With the numbers a quote in the post at 07:31:21, it looks like he is looking at the right payout (contrary to what I was doing  Embarrassed )

Maybe the best way to find daily pool payout it for MC is keep track of the total pool payout from the API each day and subtract yesterday's from today's.

Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: