Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:02:30 PM

Someone designed a site for Quark on Reddit.

http://gavinbenda.com.au/qrk/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:04:19 PM

Dude that looks slick!!!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:06:52 PM

Quark forum news: I have some tentaive news ! its still unconfirmed , But i do have a date....stay tuned ... : D --- @ Kolin_Quark Bill - @billstill

Wonder what it is

Bill Still's website billstill.com is still down, now for nearly a week.

Is it so difficult to just switch to a hoster with bigger bandwidth? Has he no backup of his website?

A professional website would never allow such a big downtime.

Or is there another reason for the disappearance of billstill.com???

It's really like the most inappropriate time for him to have his website down, now with all the publicity and future maxkeiser event.

What the hell is going on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IctBSH5a9Sw

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

Dude that looks slick!!!

Looks great, isn't it finished yet?
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:09:02 PM

Why change the logo? Now that it has been on exchanges, marketcap sites and on multiple videos and tweets like bill stills, etc..
it's too late for that.

Quark logo is FINE!

But I like the rest of the design of this site very much.

Robert Lewandowski

Bayern

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:11:24 PM

Dude that looks slick!!!

I don't know, find the guy on reddit that did it and message him.

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:11:52 PM

So let's see about some rules:
- never spend money on things you don't understand
- never spend money which you can't lose
- investments, where you can make a lot money, you can lose a lot money

It is good you only have 100 bucks for the next weeks, so I hope you will never forget this simple rulez.

So let's see, if you story is likely true:
- You said you lost 224 000 quarks
- the price was $0.20
- you paid with one 2 weeks paycheck

Therefore you make more than 1Mio. in one year. But you only got 100$ left?  Roll Eyes
Oh god. We have the new Sherlock Holmes here.

I lost them when the price was 20 cents. Didn't buy them per 20 cents.
I bought more than 120k QRKs when they had low price, like 0.5-1 cent.

Here are my 2 cents, Sherlock.

Yeah I just wanted to say that you made a stupid investment, but than I did the math. And you wrote "Too late to know that. I bought at 0.22."

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
bitrich

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:55:08 PM

Hey guys. I want to mine quark on my i5 cpu. I'm assuming a pool is best so i signed up at qrk.coinmin.pl
Trying to download the miner to get started. I see the links on the first page but I don't know how to download. What do I click? lol I'm running windows 7 btw. Should I just use the client and go solo?
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:14:47 PM

Dude that looks slick!!!

I don't know, find the guy on reddit that did it and message him.

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/

Yeah I like this design a lot. I saw it on Reddit and posted there as well. Looks extremely pro. But I also agree that the current logo is better than the one this guy used. But the rest of the site is top notch. Maybe the old logo just needs a touch up?

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
bitrich

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:31:03 PM

Ok got a miner downloaded. When I click the executable I get json rpc call failed. I try to use a command line like I did for xpm and it doesnt recognize minerd. Heres the line I am trying

C:\minerd.exe -a quark -t 8 -o http://qrk.coinmine.pl:6010 -u xxx -p xxx

Can someone help me here. I am an almost total noob to mining but would like to learn. Thanks!

bluebit25

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:38:25 PM

Quark logo is FINE!

Yeah I like this design a lot. I saw it on Reddit and posted there as well. Looks extremely pro. But I also agree that the current logo is better than the one this guy used. But the rest of the site is top notch. Maybe the old logo just needs a touch up?

Yes, that site design is nice and I agree with both of you, the current logo is just fine and all it could need may be minor refinements. It is a no brainer that it should be kept.

I think this ℚ Quarkcoin Logo looks cool. Maybe add it to the slick website Smiley Think about it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
Robert Lewandowski

Bayern

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:05:15 AM

Quark logo is FINE!

Yes, that site design is nice and I agree with both of you, the current logo is just fine and all it could need may be minor refinements. It is a no brainer that it should be kept.

Ive realized Quark needs to focus on more important things, at this point someone just needs to polish the current Quark logo and make it more appealing with maybe more of a metallic finish. The most important things the Quark community has to take care of are listed on here: http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/296/quark-community-project-development-teams and http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/246/quarkcoin-project-improvement-list

POSTED ORIGINALLY BY AUGUSTUS
VV
Lets get a list together of things we need to make QuarkCoin easier to use; easier to get information on; easier to follow; easier to obtain; and easier to spend.

I start with the following:

1. An exchange (I'm currently working on an exchange that will make buying/selling QuarkCoin as easy as Bitcoin itself, but in the meantime, Cryptsy, Bter, and Coin-E are simply not options if we wish for QuarkCoin to grow. Their servers are slow; their interfaces need working; and liquidity is still an issue. Currently, there still is no option for direct exchanges between USD/QRK or EUR/QRK. There is only BTC/QRK or QRK/CNY. Not cool.)

2. Local Exchange. You know LocalBitcoins? We need a LocalQuarkCoins.

3. Faster wallet. There is no reason to download the whole blockchain. Think MultiBit. It's light. It's fast. QuarkCoin claims to be fast, yet it's still reminiscent of Bitcoin having to download the blockchain.

4. A new website design. There is a contest going on for a new QuarkCoin logo. One of the guys mentioned that the current logo looks dated. Well the same applies to the current website design.

5. Mobile app. No explanation needed.

6. A domain name that does not end in [dot] com. Have we learned nothing over the past 2 years?

7. Servers for the website & forums held outside U.S jurisdiction. Same reason as above.

8. A video that explains the pros of QuarkCoin, over both fiat AND other cryptos.

9. A social media presence. This will make people feel more comfortable getting on board. Even now, with myself heavily excited about QuarkCoin, I am bit cautious as to whether there is any forward development of the ecosystem. Has development stalled? Are there any projects in the works?

10. A project board. This way whoever wants to get on board developing something they can. This will also give people a sense that the community is active.

11. Meetups. This will not only help awareness of QuarkCoin, but will foster discussions pertaining to the challenges & advantages QuarkCoin has. Plus, you get to make new friends. Pretty cool.

12. Bi-annual release convention. No other crypto-currency is doing this. Yes, they have large meetups and conventions of some form or another, but think of the 6-month release cycle for Ubuntu. Every 6-months, the Quark community should host a conference like Google I/O, but with a Google Hangouts & Hackerspace type feel. All walks of life will feel free to come.

13. A wallet that can be installed on your computer, not one that you have to "run" every time to use.

14. Merge Quark Freeforums & QuarkTalk. Why have two discussion boards? Also, QuarkTalk feels as fast as "freeforums", but newer.

I encourage everyone who is interested in starting on one of these, to get in touch with the community. I am currently working on an exchange. If anyone wants to lend a hand do let me know.

mojo42380

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:15:51 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 01:29:10 PM by mojo42380

Ok got a miner downloaded. When I click the executable I get json rpc call failed. I try to use a command line like I did for xpm and it doesnt recognize minerd. Heres the line I am trying

C:\minerd.exe -a quark -t 8 -o http://qrk.coinmine.pl:6010 -u xxx -p xxx

Can someone help me here. I am an almost total noob to mining but would like to learn. Thanks!

Check your quarkcoin.conf file contents.

Here is mine:

listen=1
maxconnections=80
gen=1
genproclimit=-1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=xpasswordx
rpcallowip=url
rpcport=6010
setgenerate true=-1
server=1
daemon=1

Make sure the username and password match your username and password when running the cpuminer command line.

Also, is your minerd.exe sitting in the C:\ root directory?  You may need to update the path to minerd.exe.

Edited:
you need stratum+tcp://qrk.coinmine.pl:6010 instead of http://qrk.coinmine.pl:6010 in your command line.
bluebit25

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:29:46 AM

I also like this one, nice and simple:

By the way if anyone wants to see the new logos being designed, there is a contest going on:
http://quarktalk.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3/quark-logo-contest-120000-00-qrk-pledged

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:49:56 AM

So let's see about some rules:
- never spend money on things you don't understand
- never spend money which you can't lose
- investments, where you can make a lot money, you can lose a lot money

It is good you only have 100 bucks for the next weeks, so I hope you will never forget this simple rulez.

So let's see, if you story is likely true:
- You said you lost 224 000 quarks
- the price was $0.20
- you paid with one 2 weeks paycheck

Therefore you make more than 1Mio. in one year. But you only got 100$ left?  Roll Eyes
Oh god. We have the new Sherlock Holmes here.

I lost them when the price was 20 cents. Didn't buy them per 20 cents.
I bought more than 120k QRKs when they had low price, like 0.5-1 cent.

Here are my 2 cents, Sherlock.

Yeah I just wanted to say that you made a stupid investment, but than I did the math. And you wrote "Too late to know that. I bought at 0.22."
Yeah, I bought at  0.22-.020 about 20k..

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:54:30 AM

Quark logo is FINE!

Ive realized Quark needs to focus on more important things, at this point someone just needs to polish the current Quark logo and make it more appealing with maybe more of a metallic finish. The most important things the Quark community has to take care of are listed on here: http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/296/quark-community-project-development-teams and http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/246/quarkcoin-project-improvement-list

POSTED ORIGINALLY BY AUGUSTUS
VV
Lets get a list together of things we need to make QuarkCoin easier to use; easier to get information on; easier to follow; easier to obtain; and easier to spend.

I start with the following:

1. An exchange (I'm currently working on an exchange that will make buying/selling QuarkCoin as easy as Bitcoin itself, but in the meantime, Cryptsy, Bter, and Coin-E are simply not options if we wish for QuarkCoin to grow. Their servers are slow; their interfaces need working; and liquidity is still an issue. Currently, there still is no option for direct exchanges between USD/QRK or EUR/QRK. There is only BTC/QRK or QRK/CNY. Not cool.)

2. Local Exchange. You know LocalBitcoins? We need a LocalQuarkCoins.

3. Faster wallet. There is no reason to download the whole blockchain. Think MultiBit. It's light. It's fast. QuarkCoin claims to be fast, yet it's still reminiscent of Bitcoin having to download the blockchain.

4. A new website design. There is a contest going on for a new QuarkCoin logo. One of the guys mentioned that the current logo looks dated. Well the same applies to the current website design.

5. Mobile app. No explanation needed.

6. A domain name that does not end in [dot] com. Have we learned nothing over the past 2 years?

7. Servers for the website & forums held outside U.S jurisdiction. Same reason as above.

8. A video that explains the pros of QuarkCoin, over both fiat AND other cryptos.

9. A social media presence. This will make people feel more comfortable getting on board. Even now, with myself heavily excited about QuarkCoin, I am bit cautious as to whether there is any forward development of the ecosystem. Has development stalled? Are there any projects in the works?

10. A project board. This way whoever wants to get on board developing something they can. This will also give people a sense that the community is active.

11. Meetups. This will not only help awareness of QuarkCoin, but will foster discussions pertaining to the challenges & advantages QuarkCoin has. Plus, you get to make new friends. Pretty cool.

12. Bi-annual release convention. No other crypto-currency is doing this. Yes, they have large meetups and conventions of some form or another, but think of the 6-month release cycle for Ubuntu. Every 6-months, the Quark community should host a conference like Google I/O, but with a Google Hangouts & Hackerspace type feel. All walks of life will feel free to come.

13. A wallet that can be installed on your computer, not one that you have to "run" every time to use.

14. Merge Quark Freeforums & QuarkTalk. Why have two discussion boards? Also, QuarkTalk feels as fast as "freeforums", but newer.

I encourage everyone who is interested in starting on one of these, to get in touch with the community. I am currently working on an exchange. If anyone wants to lend a hand do let me know.

Spot on!!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:19:17 AM

Great list.

A thing to add, would be a quarkcoin giveaway...

If quark is to be this fairly distributed currency, we should really think about spreading those QRK around, especially to beginners.

And especially now when QRK is below 1$.

And I don't mean a quarkcoin giveaway here on this forum, but somewhere more qrk-only-related.
Make the user do something... sign up, download a wallet, etc and give him a qrk as present.

You hear me, QRK-Millionaires?

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:30:02 AM

Great list.

If quark is to be this fairly distributed currency, we should really think about spreading those QRK around, especially to beginners.

And I don't mean a quarkcoin giveaway here on this forum, but somewhere more qrk-only-related.
Make the user do something... sign up, download a wallet, etc and give him a qrk as present.

+1
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:30:10 AM

Great list.

This is actually a really great idea. It would go a long way towards smoothing over some of the "98%" crap you keep seeing over and over again if reference to QRK.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
rahlquist

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:35:45 AM

I installed additional server to handle load. Frontend address has been updated but stratum address is the same
Thats awesome and we appreciate that effort. In my case I was being lazy and letting chrome cache my long ass pw for the site and now I cant remember it and your forgot password system isnt sending me an email. I am 99% certain that I set an email address.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: