Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin goes to zero  (Read 3987 times)
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:51:41 PM

Well, it depends on the reason that brought bitcoin down, if it's another cryptocurrency then no they won't be going down, but if it's something that makes people lose faith in all cryptocurrencies then the whole cryptocurrency market would crash.

Bitcoin zero and big chance for the whole cryptocurrency also down to zero.
I dont say its sure but 95% altcoin will crash to zero if bitcoin value is zero.
But anybody know what will make bitcoin has zero value?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:16:20 AM

My life and probably the life of bitcoin users as well would probably go back to normal as if bitcoin were not even existing. Well, if bitcoin value would reach zero then it might be probably the sign that bitcoin would face its end, people would stop using it and it will be start that bitcoin would end.
posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:35:23 AM

The only way bitcoin goes to zero if there is a mega natural diaster and the world loses internet and electricty for years.

I concur with you that, it is only when there will be no internet and electricity for years, that is when it might be possible to come to zero, which will never happen. Bitcoin  as a digital currency, that is decentralized and a peer to peer network, that have a Technology called blockchain, have been masterly designed for the purpose of sustainability and the future. The Volatility  of bitcoin may not be too far from why, it is been suggested that Bitcoin will come zero, when actually it has been Technologically put in place never to go to zero, rather will continue to rise in price value.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:43:31 AM

Rest goes to zero as well?

Which is kinda weird. Everything is measured in BTC. Which makes it the digital gold and bridge between $ (real world) anf crypto.
this wont be happen.every coins has a different value and projects,they have theyre own platforms i which every investors can choose,and the prospective costumer have own wantings on what they will use.so if ever bitcoin goes to zero.altcoin will live
Figuran-

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:01:57 AM

I don't think there is no grounds to be zero at any stage because the bitcoin created the space which this world has to accept cryptocurrency and Microsoft Mr.Bilgates keeping its bulls eye in it so the bitcoin growth not decided through its fee structure based on its technology and the requirement in the financial sector
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:04:05 AM

The only way bitcoin will go to zero, will be if there is a total loss of faith to all holders and the government coming in to make a full destruction, and that will be the only way. But if the thought of zero is coming from an altcoin, then bitcoin can never go down to zero, cause it is seen as the first and major coin to all crypto currencies.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:12:39 AM

Bitcoin can go to zero only if Internet communications totally disappear.
Which may happen only as a result of:
- nuclear conflict;
- asteroid impact;
- powerful solar flare.
In other cases crypto will always have certain value, greater than zero.
FeBsilon

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:26:29 AM

Mathematically speaking it is impossible for Bitcoin to become zero, as there will be always some kind of value attached to BTC.
Therefore this hypothesis can be recalled as nonsense.

In addition to above, practically it is not possible near future.
Demand/Supply is the most important parameter for cryptocurrency price. For Bitcoin price to become 0 there should be unlimited supply OR 0 (Zero) demand.
Supply can not go up. Supply may go down because of forgotten passwords, lost wallets since they are not recoverable. Since the supply is limited and demand will never go to $0 is not seems possible.

This is why paintings do not worth much when the artist is still alive (supply is not constant) but their value estimation goes up after the artist dies.
This is why the value of an antique piece goes down when the quantity of similar items increases in the market.
This is why giant companies produce some products in low quantity with high price.

You can argue bitcoin is not a painting, antique or a luxury product. But you cannot ignore basic rules of the economics.

For this reason theoretically probability of becoming $100000 is  higher than probability of  becoming 0.

Note : these are just my personal thoughts and does not contain any trading advice. I am neither economist nor investment strategist..
LookRev

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

Build wealth with LooksCoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 01:46:21 AM

How is the pricing affect the miners' profitability?

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:58:38 AM

Which is kinda weird. Everything is measured in BTC. Which makes it the digital gold and bridge between $ (real world) anf crypto.

If bitcoin goes to zero price of those alt will not go to zero but it will possibly go to its very low price and it will take some time before price of those alt coin goes back up. But in my own opinion the current price of Bitcoin today is because due to price correction and with this it opened an opportunity to those new investor to invest in Bitcoin with a low price and sooner or later price of Bitcoin will rise back up and everyone will be happy including alt coin users.
Actually I don't think that altcoin will live when bitcoin die because it can be said bitcoin be a picture of altcoin success as well. you can see the current situation now when bitcoin is rejected everywhere and keeps bitcoin price down. it gives the same effect on altcoin almost all altcoin is also bleeding. btw for the moment I also don't see bitcoin will be zero. this price reduction can be said to be the impact of the ban on governments in various countries and a;so there is a correction. I think this is reasonable dude. when the situation returns to normal of course bitcoin price will recover again.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:03:32 AM

Bitcoin is a good influence to people because it makes a connection between human world and digital, it also helps people to earn more money more than a normal salary and in this way people can live happily because they will work less.

minh7897

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:04:00 AM

Some of the things that make bitcoin crash to zero is if other alt coins rises up which is good for investors anyway, exchange rate can kill bitcoin and Government policies can Also affect the value of bitcoin. However even if it implodes I still think that the paper koney and that currency can help us survive
Logan1978

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:08:23 AM

If that's gonna happen, if btc will be goes to zero value. It means a failure in the cryptocurrency system.On the other hand if they fall to say a dollar and stayed pretty stable  then they could be used for what they were intended for, as an alternative currency, at the moment most people only see them as an investment.
cryptotop100

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:11:18 AM

It will never go to zero, At minimum, you need $1000 to mine 1 BTC, so that's the least value I bilieve it could ever happen

They will have to reduce the mining cost if the price is too low.
Benjamin.1969

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:11:29 AM

I do not think that this will happen in future. There can be a slight drop down but it will not drastically decreased and till zero.Many people have investment stored in bitcoin and have put more than can afford into bitcoin. Bitcoin is a fragile and can be affected by so many issues- government intervention, investor confidence, alternate coins competition. I would say diversify into different investments and cryptos, don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Mason.989

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:13:36 AM

hat scenario was possible,  the people are dictating the price of bitcoin. When people stop buying and holding bitcoin, the value will extremely drop. Then it means all other cryptocurrencies are going to go down too. Because all other coins is one way another connected to bitcoins in price determination.
Sebastian1890

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:15:44 AM

Actually nothing is impossible in crypto currency market but majority of my earnings come from btc. Bitcoin is here to stay and will definitely change the world. Today's generation is all about technology. Everything will be digital someday and many will start realized that BITCOIN is the number 1 option to maximize your investment.So for me bitcoin is not going to have minimum value right now.
hinpoc.hin

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:19:12 AM

No its not gonna happening.
the bitcoin holder is still exist around the world.
Pamela Jobelle

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:19:57 AM

it's impossible to drop Bitcoin from it's highest pick to zero. many investors are relying to bitcoin and many individuals are relying on bitcoin. So, for me, it is impossible to turn bitcoin into zero. The other cryptos will also not be worthless because they will continue to grow rather the going down. Your "if" is full of negative energy for us the community of the crypto currencies. The ones who are investing in the cryptos will continue to invest in them for a long time. There can be some possibilities of it going down, and that will only happen if their whole countries start to ban the keeping and usage of Bitcoin. However, it ain't gonna happen any soon for now. Even, if the whole world started creating their own cryptocurrencies,
LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:47:08 AM

Well, we can't really assure that bitcoin will be constant in its rate/value. But if it goes to zero, no one can stop it. Thus, there will be a possibility that another cryptocurrencies will be in and Bitcoin will be replaced.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: