Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 05:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin goes to zero  (Read 3987 times)
casternetwork

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:49:58 PM

If for example eth on an exchange is measured in btc and btc goes to zero isnt eth then zero as well?
Bitcoin would not be able to go to zero because Bitcoin would collapse, it could not have happened in the present because Bitcoin had achieved enough to realize that Bitcoin was a coin. Money is substantial and cannot be extinguished

Am I spamming? Report me!
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:29:57 PM

Mathematically speaking it is impossible for Bitcoin to become zero, as there will be always some kind of value attached to BTC.
Therefore this hypothesis can be recalled as nonsense.

In addition to above, practically it is not possible near future.
Demand/Supply is the most important parameter for cryptocurrency price. For Bitcoin price to become 0 there should be unlimited supply OR 0 (Zero) demand.
Supply can not go up. Supply may go down because of forgotten passwords, lost wallets since they are not recoverable. Since the supply is limited and demand will never go to $0 is not seems possible.

This is why paintings do not worth much when the artist is still alive (supply is not constant) but their value estimation goes up after the artist dies.
This is why the value of an antique piece goes down when the quantity of similar items increases in the market.
This is why giant companies produce some products in low quantity with high price.

You can argue bitcoin is not a painting, antique or a luxury product. But you cannot ignore basic rules of the economics.

For this reason theoretically probability of becoming $100000 is  higher than probability of  becoming 0.

Note : these are just my personal thoughts and does not contain any trading advice. I am neither economist nor investment strategist..

It is impossible for anything to have o value because there will always be someone who values what you don't want. If just 1 single person in the entire world is willing to pay $0.0000000000000001 per btc then btc still has a value. So it is 100% impossible for anything to reach 0 value. Even poo has value and can be used as fertilizer so it goes to show nothing has no value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:06:59 PM

Nope, man. It's okay because bitcoin going to normal price and bubble is already poped up. Just wait few days to see how price will change.

mannedmssn2M

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:33:48 PM

Bitcoin 0 = me getting free bitcoins lol
kashwin663

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:35:49 PM

Rest goes to zero as well?

Which is kinda weird. Everything is measured in BTC. Which makes it the digital gold and bridge between $ (real world) anf crypto.
no never
diguyo

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:36:45 PM

I don't think it will, at least not for quite a while....but if it does then we lose out. I'll realistically sell at some point this year I think, although it depends on how the price changes.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:03:25 PM

Which is kinda weird. Everything is measured in BTC. Which makes it the digital gold and bridge between $ (real world) anf crypto.
if bitcoin goes to zero,altcoins will rise since theres alot of platforms can be use aside from bitcoin..and actually this days theres more users uses ethereum for more valid reasons.so what im saying here altcoins can survive without bitcoin,it may took a long but in time they will progress
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:11:19 PM

It depends on many factors. First we should notice to reason of price fall to zero. If blockchain technology fails, yes all the coins will fail. But the reason can be bitcoin inefficiency due to superiority of another cryptocurrency.
DimaS1574

Activity: 448
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:13:15 PM

the situation  of last two weeks  made my minds  to think about the articlle which i  read in December 2017 - "If Bitcoin Is A Bubble..."- https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-21/if-bitcoin-bubble
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:22:35 PM

I don't think it will, at least not for quite a while....but if it does then we lose out. I'll realistically sell at some point this year I think, although it depends on how the price changes.
But I have another observation for bitcoin and that is it cannot be drop too much because at certain point there are expert traders and investors in bitcoin and they do not afraid from any bad news and they believe that none of the news can harm it but only selling panic can harm bitcoin and so they do not sell.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:34:59 PM

Well, it's too far from reality for bitcoin to go zero. A lot of people will buy bitcoin if it goes dip a lot. A lot of people already trust and have witnessed how bitcoin grew from less than a dollar to it's ATH at $20,000. Imagine how many people got rich just because of investing bitcoin as early as it started and holding and selling at it's ATH.
ariakoli23

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:49:05 PM

My prediction is it imposssible , if so then the global economy will be on threat. It is totally irretional speech.
piter66

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:08:00 AM

will never fall to zero never anyone will sell cheap what is buying expensive really that these comments what they give is laughter
Well some hack which results in like a ability to make duplicates or exceeding the BITCOIN 16 million limit
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:41:51 AM

if bitcoin goes to zero,altcoins will rise since theres alot of platforms can be use aside from bitcoin..and actually this days theres more users uses ethereum for more valid reasons.so what im saying here altcoins can survive without bitcoin,it may took a long but in time they will progress

op said bitcoin is the measurement of all cryptos, so if bitcoin became zero how can altcoin rise if he doesnt have a value at the first place? weird right?  although i dont agree to the statement of the op because altcoin can also be measured in dollars and not just btc alone therfor altcoins would still have a value even without bitcoin but some says that bitcoin is still the base of all cryptos , so there still  a posibility if bitcoin became zero , the rest  of them will also follow.
AlisA330

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:02:30 AM

Bitcoin never falls to zero. It seems to me that the market is beginning to stabilize now.
Within a week, the growth is likely to begin and the bitcoin will return to the price of $ 13,000.
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:04:44 AM

I don't it will go to zero. But even if it does, there are other coins that will hold value, in my opinion. The technology is valid and other cryptos are an improvement and will have longevity.
thaitea.deluxe

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:17:33 AM

This is not gonna be happening in the future.
for bitcoin going to zero, means bitcoin has lose its holder.
but until today, the bitcoin holders still growth
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:01:25 AM

Bitcoin was dumped to below 6k USD days ago, and is now around 8k.
I believe it will go upward again after consolidating its current price level.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:04:28 AM

Not. Its not certain result that the rest will go to zero as well.
But maybe will go to zero but not sure.

Bitcoin was dumped to below 6k USD days ago, and is now around 8k.
I believe it will go upward again after consolidating its current price level.

Yes, i am sure it will recover and not going to zero. Its strong mate to survive.
Its not weak thing that can go down so easy.
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

I don't think it will happen because there are many people who are using bitcoin and even if the government is against of it and they wanted to ban it from there country there are still people who are continuing the use of bitcoin. So i think even if its price will be down for a while it will surely increase in no time just like what happen last year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: