Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:13:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:47:44 AM

Wait do you guys mean pre orders like this? http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=10&controller=product and changing specs from 400gh/sec to 256gh/sec.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dben428

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:32:11 AM

Wait do you guys mean pre orders like this? http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=10&controller=product and changing specs from 400gh/sec to 256gh/sec.

VMC is not the same as HashFast. The name of VMC's product is just confusingly similar.
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 06:36:49 AM

Funny how you're the second person to come straight here from the newbie section cheering on HashFast.  The other turned out to be ... interesting.

He seems legit.  A newbie, but other online activity under the same profile name doesn't seem too astroturfy. No huge red flags like with MarketAlchemy that stand out.

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:23:52 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 07:57:40 AM by arorts

Funny how you're the second person to come straight here from the newbie section cheering on HashFast.  The other turned out to be ... interesting.

Could well be a shill or Troll

Hehehe. Let me know if I missed a ritual, initiation or fraternity program I must be accepted first to shed little by little the skepticism, doubt and concerns that my interventions in this forum might bring to the community's "circle of trust."

Make no mistake with me. If there's anything I don't like about Hashfast I'd say it. Unlike some here might be, I'm neither a troll nor a boot licker. I just say what I perceive in anyone's face and I'm not going to ask permission to say anything. 

Who gives a shit about conspiracy theories anyway!...This is not about me. Let's talk HashFast! :p eace out.
HyperMega

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:03:06 AM

Obviously people should be cautious if they're investing money. But simply pointing out there's no chip and no mask isn't really an argument.  There's no real evidence to suggest that these guys can't execute on a plan.  Not every company in the world is BFL.  

Great overall post, but this is the point I always come back to. The professional business world does not conduct themselves in the same manner that Butterfly Labs or Avalon does. There are companies who execute on every step where they failed perfectly because they know their business and have for years.

Right because professional businesses never miss a deadlines. Lol.

News flash, every single large IC type company has missed deadlines and by magnitudes of many many many months. It happens.

+1
HyperMega

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:27:05 AM

We believe one previously announced effort at 28nm is using eASIC, so their cores are *much* bigger than they have to be. Of course their startup costs are much lower too, but it impacts the performance a lot. Look at the η-factor for other 28nm designs.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119668.0

The η-factor thing is total nonsense for ASICs if they're thermally limited.

Also, KnC is using a standard cell design, not an eASIC 'easycopy' or whatever. eASIC is just one of the companies they work with.

So the main argument of Mr. Simon Barber why the Hashfast 400 GH/s ASICs are feasible is, that he was assuming that KnC does a 100 GH/s chip based on a structured ASIC (FPGA-hardcopy)? Because he thought that KnC must go with eASIC and eASIC only offers structured ASICs?

I hope Hashfast did not did their target specification based on that wrong assumption and a little silicon valley hubris Wink in the way:
"KnC can realize 100 GH/s based on a hardcopy. So we can do easily 400 GH/s based on a real standard cell ASIC!"

Hashfast also will use multiple instances of pipelined hash core as base. They are not reinventing the wheel. It's still 28nm, a single hash core can't be much smaller as 0.5 mm2 (for sure not based on this poor (hopefully initial) floorplan they published on their website with more than 30% unused area Wink ).

For a 400 GH/s ASIC, we are talking about:
200 cores @ 2 GHz -> 100 mm2 die (probably to high supply voltage required to meet power constraints)
400 cores @ 1 GHz -> 200 mm2 die (most feasible solution)
800 cores @ 500 MHz -> 400 mm2 die (would be the complete reticle size)

I don't say, that such an implementation is impossible. But it's is extremely risky and the thermal and power issue will be the hell. And based on what they have shown so far, I would say they are far away from tape-out.

The only thing which confuses me a bit is that Uniquify LOI. Why should Uniquify risk its reputation with false statements?
But maybe they just don't care about it, because the Bitcoin ASIC business always will be low volume and not that important for them.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:44:33 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 12:08:18 PM by crumbs

HashFast announced today it plans to continue tapeout of its new HashFast® Golden Dunce® 28nm ASIC, as soon as stickier duct tape is sourced.

For gamers miners seeking insanely fast performance and smooth frame hash rates for their favorite games coins, the choice is clear: "HashFast® Golden Dunce®," said Simon Barber, Chief Technology Officer at HashFast. "At a starting price of only $5,000,00, the HashFast® Golden Dunce® ushers in a new level of performance, features and affordability, so gamers miners can experience today's hottest PC games coins, including BTC, BCC, CCC and the ever-exciting PCP."  

To satisfy gamer miner demands for greater customization and overclocking options, the HashFast® Golden Dunce® includes HashFast Boost™ 2.0 technology, which automatically increases the GPU's core clock speed for enhanced performance, while adding temperature target and fan controls, as well as extra over-voltage headroom and optimizations for advanced water-cooling solutions.
"It's a great time to be a PC gamer, miner!"

Floor plan of the soon-to-be-released HashFast® Golden Dunce®
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:22:07 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 12:48:05 PM by Bitcoinorama

The more active the disinfo and info supression campaign is on something, the more closely you should watch it, because it runs a decent chance of being the next asicminer IPO, Avalon Batch #1, etc.

Sasuga, bitcointalk.

I expect many of the people shitposting will be the ones buying the most chips, albeit on different accounts.

I have no doubt they can deliver a product.

Lead designer checks out.

Design team check out.

Location makes sense and they would have to be truly unfortunate, not to deliver on time from there with all that surrounds them.

What I don't understand is why the shady marketing tactics, and willingness to sell people's personal info to third parties?

If you are capable of delivering you don't need that crap.

It's not cool.

Simple opt out box, all that's required. In the mean time register a throw away email addy if you don't want yours handed around.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:58:09 PM

I don't say, that such an implementation is impossible. But it's is extremely risky and the thermal and power issue will be the hell. And based on what they have shown so far, I would say they are far away from tape-out.
Thermal and power and simultaneous switching noise. Standard cell libraries are designed for standard toggle rates. SHA-2 is very close to the theoretical maximum toggle probability (when doing the approximate/probabilistic power/thermal/noise simulations).

Is there any evidence that Uniquify designed a IC that required a heatsink? Or are they experienced CAD-monkeys that "design" ICs by cutting and pasting "intellectual property" black boxes to create SoC-s for the portable and battery-operated market segments?

It would also probably help to define what the word "risk" means here. It isn't the risk of getting a non-working or extremaly bad yielding chip. The risk is that the chip has to be severely derated to actually work. And by derated I mean underclock but overvolt to combat the internal noise in the chip.

The helveticoin user was also from some established ASIC design house and they had 28nm prototype hashing chips either late last year or early this year. But their design seems to be non-viable commercially because it was designed like just another integrated peripheral for the SoC CPU.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:03:23 PM

The stuff announced may be too funny at this moment, may be a trick for some believers.

I'm afraid the Sam Cole cannot provide the thing on or before 30 September 2013.
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 02:23:45 PM

HashFast announced today it plans to continue tapeout of its new HashFast® Golden Dunce® 28nm ASIC

Is there really a good reason to waste electrons on continuing this charade? Come on now.  You cluttering the thread is not going to change anyone's minds. You're just wasting your own time, as well as ours from having to scroll past this junk.

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

HyperMega

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:10:00 PM

Thermal and power and simultaneous switching noise. Standard cell libraries are designed for standard toggle rates. SHA-2 is very close to the theoretical maximum toggle probability (when doing the approximate/probabilistic power/thermal/noise simulations).

Is there any evidence that Uniquify designed a IC that required a heatsink? Or are they experienced CAD-monkeys that "design" ICs by cutting and pasting "intellectual property" black boxes to create SoC-s for the portable and battery-operated market segments?

It would also probably help to define what the word "risk" means here. It isn't the risk of getting a non-working or extremaly bad yielding chip. The risk is that the chip has to be severely derated to actually work. And by derated I mean underclock but overvolt to combat the internal noise in the chip.

The helveticoin user was also from some established ASIC design house and they had 28nm prototype hashing chips either late last year or early this year. But their design seems to be non-viable commercially because it was designed like just another integrated peripheral for the SoC CPU.

Oh, I see, you know what you are talking about! Smiley

But I think there is also a higher risk to fail completely at the first time, because the expected extreme power noise will have effect on setup and hold timing. If they miss hold violations caused by power noise, they can't solve these issue by just reducing the clock frequency or changing the supply voltage.
Ok, if you search long enough you will maybe find a sweet point, where the ASIC runs stable without errors, but this point could be individual for each single die in worst case.

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 04:42:40 PM

Figured I should add that yet another person checked the connection between HashFast and Uniquify.
I'll try to keep this updated with the relevant facts, anyone (other than crumbs) see anything that should be changed?
http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/08/another-leap-in-the-asic-race-hashfast-400gh-gn-chip/

Hehehe. Let me know if I missed a ritual, initiation or fraternity program I must be accepted first to shed little by little the skepticism, doubt and concerns that my interventions in this forum might bring to the community's "circle of trust."

Make no mistake with me. If there's anything I don't like about Hashfast I'd say it. Unlike some here might be, I'm neither a troll nor a boot licker. I just say what I perceive in anyone's face and I'm not going to ask permission to say anything.  

Who gives a shit about conspiracy theories anyway!...This is not about me. Let's talk HashFast! :p eace out.
I apologize if you are new here and the first response to you was negative.  That is uncalled for, and I welcome you to join us.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
crumbs

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:42:20 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 09:19:34 PM by crumbs

Figured I should add that yet another person checked the connection between HashFast and Uniquify.
I'll try to keep this updated with the relevant facts, anyone (other than crumbs) see anything that should be changed?
http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/08/another-leap-in-the-asic-race-hashfast-400gh-gn-chip/

And FCTaiChi is inspired to type up pages of HashFast apologia on his site.  Just as my faith in human kindness was starting to wane, an act of pure altruism.  
What will happen if FCTaiChi proves to be a roper or a shill?  The same thing that happened with Gridfinity -- nothing. HashFast didn't even bother to distance themselves -- why let a short con ruin an otherwise scammy relationship, amirite?  
Sure, there was sockpuppetry & blatant lying, but those were just innocent pranks -- HashFast is here for the long con run.

What impresses me the most, though, was the altruism of HashFast themselves.  They are promising us not to oversaturate the market with hashpower and to protect the network from nefarious "secret mines."  
I guess it's stoopit of me to worry about them not delivering, if they have to reassure us that they won't deliver too much too cheap.
Ahm'a staking mah claim on this hea comedy goldmine. Cheesy

Edit:  Lol.  Another 28nm chiper https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267552.msg2861080#msg2861080  Everyone wants to protect the network Roll Eyes
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 09:31:19 PM

HashFast announced today it plans to continue tapeout of its new HashFast® Golden Dunce® 28nm ASIC

Is there really a good reason to waste electrons on continuing this charade? Come on now.  You cluttering the thread is not going to change anyone's minds. You're just wasting your own time, as well as ours from having to scroll past this junk.

That guy is in his own world making jokes that only make sense to himself.  Just click the ignore button.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 11:10:22 AM

Everyone wants to protect the network Roll Eyes

ain't they all just the altruistic type? Wink
crumbs

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 11:33:13 AM

I'm bursting with gratitude & can hardly believe our luck. 
Buying 50 Bitcointalk accounts to properly welcome our new ASIC overlords Smiley
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 11:53:45 AM

I'm bursting with gratitude & can hardly believe our luck. 
Buying 50 Bitcointalk accounts to properly welcome our new ASIC overlords Smiley

Thanks for the well-needed dose of sanity sprinkled with a dash of humor crumbs, this was a good Sunday morning read Grin.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 03:41:01 PM

Thanks for the well-needed dose of sanity sprinkled with a dash of humor crumbs, this was a good Sunday morning read Grin.
I guess he stopped the argument from ignorance tack and is going back to straw man/red herring.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:52:51 PM

when will your asic be available and are there any prices?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: