Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits  (Read 18231 times)
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:18:27 PM

This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:41:51 PM

For a long time I have learned that in a market as volatile and unstable as this, it does not make much sense to stick to the long term holding. I was fortunate to sell a good part of my coins at $17,000 and $18,500, which is why this fall has not affected me significantly. I can not be happy about this disastrous scenario, but I have learned that love is given to people, not to coins.
cracksmoker911

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:43:57 PM

This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

Is it validated to make profit over a long period of time, beucase when the last bitcoin is mined its price will be really rocketed, that's what people is really waiting for.
PrinceBTC

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:12:21 AM

I just saw this on my twitter feed.. and I think this should be one of the best answer for this question:

@robertreidmd: "Bitcoin has "crashed" 30% SIX TIMES in 2017.  Each "crash" has been followed by an increase of: 76%, 237%, 183%, 165%, 152%.  Bitcoin takes 7 steps forward, 2 steps back, 7 steps forward, 2 steps back.  Every 2 steps back is heralded as the end of #bitcoin.  Relax!"

Smiley

Many experts suggest HODLing BTC or crypto for the long term is a smart move! Don't panic.. Just HODL! Smiley

Buy Cheap Bitcoin Shirts & Apparel - https://teespring.com/stores/stake

[HIRE ME] Graphic Designer here! Banner, Header, Facebook Cover and more!!
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:26:16 AM

If you can get into a project with enormous potential that is young, cheap enough that buy-in is less than a penny and either direct or play some small role in, up close and personal like promotion on social media, than I say yes you should hodl. But only as long as you still see growth and momentum and buzz.
criptogenious

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 04:36:17 AM

sure, holding crypto makes you millionaire, hold up to 2018-2020
benmartin613

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:04:57 AM

You could be a millionaire not just by holding but also you need some stable bitcoin income to further increase your chances of being a bitcoin millionaire.
If you are just holding a small amount of bitcoin it wont help you at all, you need to grow your bitcoin so that becoming a millionaire is not a dream away.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:57:26 AM

You could be a millionaire not just by holding but also you need some stable bitcoin income to further increase your chances of being a bitcoin millionaire.
If you are just holding a small amount of bitcoin it wont help you at all, you need to grow your bitcoin so that becoming a millionaire is not a dream away.

agree with this opinion. we need to increase the amount of our coin (btc or else) so that we can increase our profits when they skyrocketed later. but as always, don't put all of your money in crypto, always prepare for the worst.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:59:31 AM

sure, holding crypto makes you millionaire, hold up to 2018-2020

Holding the btc and some relevant altcoins might really help you to grow your profits in your coming year. We all seen in 2017 how much rise the bitcoin has provided during the whole year like it started at 2k approx in Jan and rose till 18k high. So holding helps but also we need to ensure we are holding the right coins so that we get the best of the returns in coming year.

orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:37:29 AM

I just saw this on my twitter feed.. and I think this should be one of the best answer for this question:

@robertreidmd: "Bitcoin has "crashed" 30% SIX TIMES in 2017.  Each "crash" has been followed by an increase of: 76%, 237%, 183%, 165%, 152%.  Bitcoin takes 7 steps forward, 2 steps back, 7 steps forward, 2 steps back.  Every 2 steps back is heralded as the end of #bitcoin.  Relax!"

Smiley

Many experts suggest HODLing BTC or crypto for the long term is a smart move! Don't panic.. Just HODL! Smiley

Out there I have seen several coins doing x10 when bitcoin did x1. Everyone is very happy that bitcoin rises, lets say 50% but that may actually be not that much if you compare.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:48:09 AM

I think yes, hodling coins is profitable. Just need to choose coins more carefully to keep them for a long time. And from time to time you still need to monitor the news and the market in order to stay abreast of the latest developments
Shaour Zafar094

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:55:24 AM

If you hold a good coin it will give you a huge profit, as of some past days the market of bitcoin was decreasing but now it is again recovering, who ever bought coins in good coin can earn a huge profit in future
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 11:49:03 AM

Yes this are more project that still possible to earn a lot for holding it. there are many good project in the market right now that still under value so if you want to be one of the early adoptor just buy it and hold if you want to be rich someday and to  know what project it is its better to search for it in your own .
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:35:55 PM

Yes, i have some altcoins that i get from bounty but until now thier price is low thats why i keep on holding them until they reach the price that i want before i sell them ,which will make me millionaire on that day that i sell all of them.
Yackie

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:43:33 PM

Smiley

I saw this tweet too and I really think holding is the best option for the long term.
LukaIII

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:24:29 PM

i have been hodling this from https://www.viberate.io/ ICO, and had 500% profit
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:12:08 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 05:23:30 PM by boranes

Yes, but not with bitcoin.
Some altcoins have bright future and they are very cheap at the moment, buying them and holding can make you millionaire one day.
Which coins are right to buy is something we are all looking to find  Wink

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Angi

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:20:31 PM

Yes because bitcoin is still increasing release it if the bitcoin is so much high of value to capable to your life because of btc it help you to be rich by hodling it. there are many people here they become rich because of hodling btc. 
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:40:31 PM

Holdling by itself won´t give you profit. To profit you eventually have to sell. Unless the coin you are holding turns into something you can actually use. Wich is not a widespread case for any crypto. So, put a target where you feel you would be happy, and take your profits there.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Shaibana

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:41:59 PM

If you plan holding in long term I don't see it going wrong, the fact you could earn more by using you coins to margin trade is a total different concept.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: