Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:02:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits  (Read 18232 times)
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:00:28 PM

I try to hold some altcoins and tokens hoping in the future to have an advantage but for now looking at the market exchanges is very worried there is always a deep decline but little increase
Dont be discourage because its normal for the price to be in dips so instead of worrying about the current value, treat it in a possitive way. Well for me I love dips because its an opportunity to buy and hodling coins for long term is profitable compared to short term trade.

You are right, there are many people who are panic when the price of coin decreases and start selling for loos. When every the price is decreasing it is a right time to move from the market and start working different things in order to control your emotions and feeling. Otherwise, you will be in the loss at the end of the day.
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:22:16 PM

Dont forget that holding has still risk. You should know when to sell them  before the coins will or will be out of value, cause thats the risk in holding altcoins for long time.

rey.fudz15

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:36:56 PM

For me during this times of slow and stable prices i think hodling is not a good option, i'd rather trade my existing coins especially those coming from ICO whether bounty or investment into top coins so i could make short profits from day trading since we don't know how long it will take for bitcoin to become bullish again.

altcoiner

Activity: 351

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:55:18 PM

im thinkin that holding is easiest way to earn, once earned or bought just wait.. and someday u will get ur price. but how much time u will wait... when will be exactly this moment to sell. u will want more and more. if u don´t have time for trading, just HODL and keep ur mind clear!
j1hanaudy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:16:11 PM

Not everything works, but at least you first see your coin chart on some markets. That way you can anticipate the risk of HODL more.
Overstriker

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:35:37 PM

IMO hodling still pays for it but nowadays the crypto market is more fluid than in the past and the gains are smaller. So, acting according with the up and down price movements you can maximise your profits easier than just hodling. In general it could be safer to trade instead hodling in case of a big correction as well.
Elseye

ApolloX

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

Currently I would not recommend to HODL because market is absolutely unpredictable...Scary situation, to be honest...Now I'm not sure whether I should hold my portfolio or not...

2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 593

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

Absolutely, especially while the market is down, which it is currently.
Elseye

ApolloX

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:05:01 PM

Well, now that's a good question really. I'd recommend to sell everything for the decent price if possible and don't wait till it will be x10 or something like this...maybe 6 months after will prove me wrong, and I'll be happy to be wrong...

icohdcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:39:27 PM

This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?
Yes this are more project that still possible to earn a lot for holding it. there are many good project in the market right now that still under value so if you want to be one of the early adoptor just buy it and hold if you want to be rich someday and to  know what project it is its better to search for it in your own .

Agree. For instance if you look at tokens like https://hdcoin.co/ , it seems it will get you great returns in the long run. Plus there's an option to earn dividends.
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:28:51 PM

HODLing is great if you buy a coin at a low. If you buy a coin on a high and see a downtrend. SELL and Re-buy. Don't HODL and wait for it go back up long term.

Why not sell half when you're at an all time high? Use those profits to either wait for your coin to dip down and rebuy or invest in another coin? I'm going to be using that strategy 2018.
javacomedy

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:56:39 AM

hold the coin too long and for the long term, I don't think it will benefit such as short-term because if in the short term can simply sell when the price is high. If too long stifled then would have missed an awful lot of opportunity when the price goes up.
Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:16:32 AM

yes! the history of all rich people becuase of bitcoin is holding they become to it because they believe and long time hold if this is not a good strategy do you think a lot of users will do that? not of course!
becuase hold is the little way of success in digital currencies.
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:34:41 AM

Yes. If you choose the right coins to HODL, it can make good profit. As you see HODLing LTC, ETH and some other coins made a lots of people good profits. We have also seen some new ICOs' this year which have a potential for good mid-term profit.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:34:49 AM

Well, now that's a good question really. I'd recommend to sell everything for the decent price if possible and don't wait till it will be x10 or something like this...maybe 6 months after will prove me wrong, and I'll be happy to be wrong...

Right now the market are highly volatile and holding is not enough. I have to agreed that setting your goal is a good idea, holding doesn’t mean you will hold it forever sell on a higher price and buy back after some dump. We can make profit on holding but you have to be wise on that.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:16:04 AM

You could be a millionaire not just by holding but also you need some stable bitcoin income to further increase your chances of being a bitcoin millionaire.
If you are just holding a small amount of bitcoin it wont help you at all, you need to grow your bitcoin so that becoming a millionaire is not a dream away.

agree with this opinion. we need to increase the amount of our coin (btc or else) so that we can increase our profits when they skyrocketed later. but as always, don't put all of your money in crypto, always prepare for the worst.

Increase the amount of investing is increasing the risk to our capital in the same way.
Are you ready to increase your risk? If not dont ever think to increase your profit amount.
cinnabarhorse

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:22:58 AM

Not every coin/token is worth HODLing. Back when there were only a handful of cryptocurrencies and not much liquidity, hodl was a very viable option. However, things are different now. New cryptos are launching every day, but the attrition rate is higher than ever. Only 8% of active projects are maintained on Github, and only 5% of forked projects survive. Keep those statistics in mind when you are choosing the next project to HODL! Smart money is made by buying coins when they are undervalued, and selling when they are overvalued. Having a basic understanding of market cycles is invaluable if you want to make big money this year.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:10:30 AM

for me, the answer is yes of course, as long as we can hold the coin which we could buy at lower price and somehow until now, the price is still given a profit although the price is down. I have many coins that I already buy at the last year and I still hold until now and I don't think that I am a loss now because the price is still higher than the price I buy in last year.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
JRM-0309

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:24:23 AM

for me, the answer is yes of course, as long as we can hold the coin which we could buy at lower price and somehow until now, the price is still given a profit although the price is down. I have many coins that I already buy at the last year and I still hold until now and I don't think that I am a loss now because the price is still higher than the price I buy in last year.
it is true what you do only by buying a certain coin that is still in the low price and just keep it in a long time then there will be an advantage at other times this way you need to imitate.

TeraWATT
——  Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology  ——
Whitepaper ●  Telegram  —  Twitter  —  Facebook  ● Announce
samward

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:43:38 AM

its the dilemma. no doubt - its more profitable to trade if man know how to do this or know when to exit at least. yeah, u always can cash out ur initial investment once u've made profit, just to be on safe side. Hodling has finally proven how much harm can do to unsuspecting and unwise investors. all need to keep the mind is clear and rethink all this hodling thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: