Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 07:35:37 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1058520 times)
Vigil
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:08:04 PM
 #1821

No, but in the meantime if I hold I cannot take part in any profit potential with these funds. So, I "lost" them. One doesn't need to sell to have a negative position.

When the share price is at a low, the profit potential comes from buying shares, not selling them.  In other words, you missed the boat this time.
Obviously. But you need to free up your coins to make money rather than having them held hostage for weeks or months waiting for it to go up.
1513452937
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513452937

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513452937
Reply with quote  #2

1513452937
Report to moderator
1513452937
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513452937

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513452937
Reply with quote  #2

1513452937
Report to moderator
1513452937
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513452937

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513452937
Reply with quote  #2

1513452937
Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
funcard2008
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 38


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:27:42 PM
 #1822

Quote
I've lost BTC8 so far!

Well, I would if I sold right now.

If BTCT hadn't glitched and I could have gotten in on the IPO, I'd be up BTC150 right now

 you would not be up as much as 150 cause of the liquidity if you brought in at IPO, to sell 100,000 shares 4+hrs, 0.4/0.3 did not
stick for so long. but of course you would not be at such a loss.. i feel your pain though, I'm down BTC90 at mkt with remainder

The following days we will focus on Q/A session and on the normal activities pertaining to our project.

The posted information is just the initial information provided by Sam. In the next few days there will be more information posted directly by the Development team. I just talked to Sam and he is setting this up with the developers today.

The coming days Developer from Labcoin as well as Sam himself will answer technical/development questions as well as describe the near future. Expect several posts.

Any update?, since beginning of aug was possible to rent 10TH safe bet, & with all hashpower incoming time is of the essence to make informed decisions


NO update! so down down....
Mabsark
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 826


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
 #1823

No, but in the meantime if I hold I cannot take part in any profit potential with these funds. So, I "lost" them. One doesn't need to sell to have a negative position.

When the share price is at a low, the profit potential comes from buying shares, not selling them.  In other words, you missed the boat this time.
Obviously. But you need to free up your coins to make money rather than having them held hostage for weeks or months waiting for it to go up.

Having them held hostage for a couple of months will almost certainly make 1000% profit from IPO prices.
AngelSky
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 616



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:42:04 PM
 #1824

The market is depressed now and I can understand that. When these companies (labcoin or others) will start to hash, the price will go up quickly. Just buy when you think it's time to buy (now or later).

AngelSky
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 616



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:49:38 PM
 #1825

I'm tempted to buy more shares, but I'm a bit concerned with the lack of updates from the team.

If you want to get in, don't get too much shares. Just enough to be able to forget them for a couple of weeks and come back later to see if something happened Wink

TheSwede75
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:28:04 PM
 #1826

UPDATE:

After just talking to Sam Noi I can now reveal that the Project founder Fabrizio Tatti and one of the chip developers will be available on the forum shortly (later tonight or possibly in the morning) to answer questions reg. Design, status, Gen 1 chips etc.

This should give investors plenty of opportunity to ask questions and also stay up to date with the development.
creativex
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 434



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:34:03 PM
 #1827

Free markets at work. What a beautiful thing.

Thanks for the update.

freedomno1
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372


Activity: 9001 == OP


View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 06:34:31 PM
 #1828

UPDATE:

After just talking to Sam Noi I can now reveal that the Project founder Fabrizio Tatti and one of the chip developers will be available on the forum shortly (later tonight or possibly in the morning) to answer questions reg. Design, status, Gen 1 chips etc.

This should give investors plenty of opportunity to ask questions and also stay up to date with the development.

Thanks for the update
blackswan
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 82



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:46:41 PM
 #1829

I'm tempted to buy more shares, but I'm a bit concerned with the lack of updates from the team.

If you want to get in, don't get too much shares. Just enough to be able to forget them for a couple of weeks and come back later to see if something happened Wink
Haha that timing could not have worked any better.  Took a bet and bought a bunch of shares, Swede posts an update right after.

Live trade feeds and tools Kryptotrader.
Creative Director at Pixelmess.  Personal work:  Behance
TheSwede75
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:46:41 PM
 #1830

UPDATE:

I will leave details of project plan/development up to Fabrizio, Mr Sparmann and Zhenhua (Founder and developers) but the time-frame as communicated by Sam is for Labcoin to start deployment first week of September and reach a delivered hash rate of minimum 50TH by October. This number could possibly go up significantly when we start accepting third party chip orders since 50TH is capacity that can be financed paralell with Gen 2 development using available IPO funds.

Details on Chip resales, Miner production and hash-farm building will be communicated within the next few days.
Rulother
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 68


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:46:54 PM
 #1831

UPDATE:

After just talking to Sam Noi I can now reveal that the Project founder Fabrizio Tatti and one of the chip developers will be available on the forum shortly (later tonight or possibly in the morning) to answer questions reg. Design, status, Gen 1 chips etc.

This should give investors plenty of opportunity to ask questions and also stay up to date with the development.

I still want to hear about the locked up assets.

A Member of the LCSH
TheSwede75
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:48:42 PM
 #1832

UPDATE:

After just talking to Sam Noi I can now reveal that the Project founder Fabrizio Tatti and one of the chip developers will be available on the forum shortly (later tonight or possibly in the morning) to answer questions reg. Design, status, Gen 1 chips etc.

This should give investors plenty of opportunity to ask questions and also stay up to date with the development.

I still want to hear about the locked up assets.

There will be updates on this as well. I will be in contact with Burnside. All I can say is that the LABCOIN Founder and Developer core is bound by the news update and is not selling shares. This will be verified by Burnside soon enough.
mgio
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 546


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:02:31 PM
 #1833

Quote
I've lost BTC8 so far!

Well, I would if I sold right now.

If BTCT hadn't glitched and I could have gotten in on the IPO, I'd be up BTC150 right now

 you would not be up as much as 150 cause of the liquidity if you brought in at IPO, to sell 100,000 shares 4+hrs, 0.4/0.3 did not
stick for so long. but of course you would not be at such a loss.. i feel your pain though, I'm down BTC90 at mkt with remainder


Yeah, I would have put in an ask at 0.0025 at trade open nd there was more than enough volume in the first couple of hours to unload 100,000 shares at 0.025. It might not have ever hit 0.003, but it would have sold. 100,000 shares at 0.0025 would have meant a quick 150 coin profit. Oh well, the good news for Labcoin is that I am actually holding on to my shares right now.
damiano
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1246


103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:20:59 PM
 #1834

I hope there is another dump

 Grin

funds arrived finally
Rannasha
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 728


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:21:19 PM
 #1835

Quote
I've lost BTC8 so far!

Well, I would if I sold right now.

If BTCT hadn't glitched and I could have gotten in on the IPO, I'd be up BTC150 right now

 you would not be up as much as 150 cause of the liquidity if you brought in at IPO, to sell 100,000 shares 4+hrs, 0.4/0.3 did not
stick for so long. but of course you would not be at such a loss.. i feel your pain though, I'm down BTC90 at mkt with remainder

Oh well, the good news for Labcoin is that I am actually holding on to my shares right now.

It doesn't matter for Labcoin where the shares go and at what price at this stage. They got their IPO money after all and that won't change if the shares go to the moon or into the ground.

In the long run, for potential future IPOs, a steady growth of the share price will be important, but right now the price is primarily based on speculation and not the performance of the company.
solstoce
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 211


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
 #1836

Thanks for the updates look forward to the Q&A tonight, glad to see all these short sellers arn't gonna make as much money as they wanted the first week
TheSwede75
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224



View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:14:17 PM
 #1837

For those interested in more development and project tech you can find some more information on Labcoin in specifically the last 10 pages of this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241033.260
mgio
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 546


View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:10:54 PM
 #1838

Quote
I've lost BTC8 so far!

Well, I would if I sold right now.

If BTCT hadn't glitched and I could have gotten in on the IPO, I'd be up BTC150 right now

 you would not be up as much as 150 cause of the liquidity if you brought in at IPO, to sell 100,000 shares 4+hrs, 0.4/0.3 did not
stick for so long. but of course you would not be at such a loss.. i feel your pain though, I'm down BTC90 at mkt with remainder

Oh well, the good news for Labcoin is that I am actually holding on to my shares right now.

It doesn't matter for Labcoin where the shares go and at what price at this stage. They got their IPO money after all and that won't change if the shares go to the moon or into the ground.

In the long run, for potential future IPOs, a steady growth of the share price will be important, but right now the price is primarily based on speculation and not the performance of the company.

I meant the "labcoin community". But, actually, it does matter for Labcoin. Aren't the owners allowed to sell some portion of their shares? If they do decide to sell, they would want the highest price possible.
Ytterbium
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 238



View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 11:48:11 PM
 #1839

There's a new IPO out for 500Thash starting in November, using HashFast chips: https://bitfunder.com/asset/IceDrill.ASIC

You guys think you'll be able to beat that Smiley

It looks like they're 50m shares, at an IPO price of 0.0014, so a 70kBTC IPO market price, compared to Labcoin's 10m shares, and estimated 36-50Thash.

So, estimating $100/btc:
  IceDrill is $14/Ghash starting in November, not counting increases.
  Labcoin is $36/Ghash starting in September, a two month lead time, and not counting future increases and chip sales.

From what I understand the second, large order of ~100k 130nm chips should take place at some point, and 3 months after that should run they should have (according their specs) 470Thash.

If they place the order in September, it would mean about 520Thash online by November/December

That brings Labcoin's $/Gh/s to about $3.50 0-1 months later then IceDrill's.

Of course, you have to consider the difference between Labcoin and IceDrill/HashFast's ability to actually execute their plans.
____
Shares are down to .0014. Need some good news to give it a boost.

Their job is to design and produce the chip, not try to manage the share price.

It doesn't matter for Labcoin where the shares go and at what price at this stage. They got their IPO money after all and that won't change if the shares go to the moon or into the ground.

In the long run, for potential future IPOs, a steady growth of the share price will be important, but right now the price is primarily based on speculation and not the performance of the company.

I meant the "labcoin community". But, actually, it does matter for Labcoin. Aren't the owners allowed to sell some portion of their shares? If they do decide to sell, they would want the highest price possible.

It doesn't matter as far as the production and deployment of their chips is concerned, which is what's going to affect their share price in the long run.  Trying to "manage" the share price shouldn't be their priority at this point in time.  Actual execution is what's going to matter in the long run.

I doubt much news other then "our chips are here and work" is going to have much of an impact on the share price anyway

Mabsark
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 826


View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:34:30 AM
 #1840

There's a new IPO out for 500Thash starting in November, using HashFast chips: https://bitfunder.com/asset/IceDrill.ASIC

You guys think you'll be able to beat that Smiley

It looks like they're 50m shares, at an IPO price of 0.0014, so a 70kBTC IPO market price, compared to Labcoin's 10m shares, and estimated 36-50Thash.

So, estimating $100/btc:
  IceDrill is $14/Ghash starting in November, not counting increases.
  Labcoin is $36/Ghash starting in September, a two month lead time, and not counting future increases and chip sales.

From what I understand the second, large order of ~100k 130nm chips should take place at some point, and 3 months after that should run they should have (according their specs) 470Thash.

If they place the order in September, it would mean about 520Thash online by November/December

That brings Labcoin's $/Gh/s to about $3.50 0-1 months later then IceDrill's.

Of course, you have to consider the difference between Labcoin and IceDrill/HashFast's ability to actually execute their plans.
____
Shares are down to .0014. Need some good news to give it a boost.

Their job is to design and produce the chip, not try to manage the share price.

It doesn't matter for Labcoin where the shares go and at what price at this stage. They got their IPO money after all and that won't change if the shares go to the moon or into the ground.

In the long run, for potential future IPOs, a steady growth of the share price will be important, but right now the price is primarily based on speculation and not the performance of the company.

I meant the "labcoin community". But, actually, it does matter for Labcoin. Aren't the owners allowed to sell some portion of their shares? If they do decide to sell, they would want the highest price possible.

It doesn't matter as far as the production and deployment of their chips is concerned, which is what's going to affect their share price in the long run.  Trying to "manage" the share price shouldn't be their priority at this point in time.  Actual execution is what's going to matter in the long run.

I doubt much news other then "our chips are here and work" is going to have much of an impact on the share price anyway

Labcoin also has a 65nm chip in the works.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 914 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!