Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 [908] 909 910 911 912 913 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:58:26 AM

I was involved in a similar situation in 2006, SEC closed one website because it was a ponzi scheme, the only information they needed from me, was a confirmation of my email address that was stored in the website, I received emails from the lawyers for several years, never received a penny back and lawyers fees were like 1.5 mil.

Anyway, I own a few shares, what kind of information do I need to provide?

BTW, I'm Portuguese and live in Portugal.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:54:36 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
A lawsuit.
Seriously.
Labcoin shareholders truly are the most retarded ever, and there is serious competition.
This is uncalled for.

Finally someone is trying to take some action, and you bash them anyway?

Often I agree with you, but this time, believe me, you're totally wrong.

Will this be diffucult?
No matter, as long as you try.

Of course avoiding this problem in the first place would have been better, but "just not doing anything" is what has happened so far and clearly isn't working either.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:11:39 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
A lawsuit.
Seriously.
Labcoin shareholders truly are the most retarded ever, and there is serious competition.
This is uncalled for.

Will this be diffucult?

Of course avoiding this problem in the first place would have been better, but "just not doing anything" is what has happened so far and clearly isn't working either.

Ditto

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:54:41 PM

I can confirm that i got an email from virtualspade with his ID and the contract he subscribed to with the lawyer. I know him since some time from LCSH and his interest in following the scammer, providing info and pushing the legal activities forward looks genuine for me.

So does this legal action potentially benefit all shareholders or just the folks participating in the class action?
E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

I can confirm that i got an email from virtualspade with his ID and the contract he subscribed to with the lawyer. I know him since some time from LCSH and his interest in following the scammer, providing info and pushing the legal activities forward looks genuine for me.

So does this legal action potentially benefit all shareholders or just the folks participating in the class action?

Everyone, but still needs funds for the lawyers. The first stage (of 3.5BTC) has been achieved. More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325431.msg3795590#msg3795590
lzr1900

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:18:20 AM

Sad  Sad  Sad
Where is Alberto?..Where is My money? Sad Sad  terrible
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:47:44 AM

Sad  Sad  Sad
Where is Alberto?..Where is My money? Sad Sad  terrible

This was pointed out as a scam in time to sell your shares.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:34:37 PM

This thread was very entertaining to read! Thank you all. Where do we move now?

Witch-hunt begins on the 15th - LC final deadline.

Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (CST)
Timer removed. End time: 2013-10-15+12:00:00CST

How is the witch hunt going?

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:50:08 PM

Likely exactly zero, like always.

kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:32:07 AM

It is going well. I will discuss another official release with the other LCSH members. As stated earlier, the preliminary funding requirement for filing the formal complaint in the accused country of residence has been met and the complaint is being filed.

Happy Holidays!

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:49:21 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
A lawsuit.
Seriously.
This is uncalled for.

Will this be diffucult?

Justice has already been served here.

Anybody that held shares for months on end with profits in the 200-400% range while I shouted endlessly how this was an obvious scam because they refused to ever post pictures/videos of a their hashing, was blinded by greed and deserves to lose their money.

Looks like this "fudster" was just a guy with at least half a brain. It still boggles my mind how anyone believed they were hashing on a private pool with their own chips but they couldn't get a picture online because the team was on different continents. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:57:15 PM

Justice has already been served here.

Anybody that held shares for months on end with profits in the 200-400% range while I shouted endlessly how this was an obvious scam because they refused to ever post pictures/videos of a their hashing, was blinded by greed and deserves to lose their money.

Looks like this "fudster" was just a guy with at least half a brain. It still boggles my mind how anyone believed they were hashing on a private pool with their own chips but they couldn't get a picture online because the team was on different continents. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I wouldn't really call this "justice".

Stupid people deserve to be punished for their stupidity, but evil people do not deserve to earn thanks to their evilness.

E.Sam

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:31:56 AM

Happy New Year everyone,

Lets make this a good year for the bitcoin securities market, and I hope that starting it with a complaint against the Labcoin fraud sends a message to all that are thinking of scamming bitcoins from investors, that they will NOT get away with it...

I got a message from a user that contacted theymos about the releasing of information about the Labcoin user, I quote:

"We generally don't release such info without a warrant."

So there is a chance to get the information from him, thank you theymos. You could have told me that when I asked about it.

Next week the lawyer is ready to receive the information from the 124 shareholders that are joining the complaint, I will sent PM to all that has joined how to proceed with this.

So if anyone still wants to join there is still time.

After the lawyer has gotten all the information, he is looking to submit the complain in about 2 weeks after that.

I will post another update soon with a estimated amount of BTC needed to pay for the remaining part from the invoice for the complaint.

And ThrillHou you are nr. 46 on my list to send the PM to, so you have formally "joined the complaint" a long time ago. I sent you a confirmation PM on 13 November 2013, so you are good with that.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:57:49 PM

Happy New Year everyone,

Lets make this a good year for the bitcoin securities market, and I hope that starting it with a complaint against the Labcoin fraud sends a message to all that are thinking of scamming bitcoins from investors, that they will NOT get away with it...

I got a message from a user that contacted theymos about the releasing of information about the Labcoin user, I quote:

"We generally don't release such info without a warrant."

So there is a chance to get the information from him, thank you theymos. You could have told me that when I asked about it.

Next week the lawyer is ready to receive the information from the 124 shareholders that are joining the complaint, I will sent PM to all that has joined how to proceed with this.

So if anyone still wants to join there is still time.

After the lawyer has gotten all the information, he is looking to submit the complain in about 2 weeks after that.

I will post another update soon with a estimated amount of BTC needed to pay for the remaining part from the invoice for the complaint.

And ThrillHou you are nr. 46 on my list to send the PM to, so you have formally "joined the complaint" a long time ago. I sent you a confirmation PM on 13 November 2013, so you are good with that.

How is the witch hunt going Sam?

hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

and i thought this thread is dead already lol

oh well, gotta miss the good old btct days with labcoin in it XD
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:34:28 PM

and i thought this thread is dead already lol

oh well, gotta miss the good old btct days with labcoin in it XD

You have some stories for your grand children now  Cheesy
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:47:56 PM

moving .. but so slowly?

ok
E.Sam

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 08:41:39 PM

Hello everyone,

60 PM's sent now, I hit my 60 PM/h limit and will be sending 60 more in one hour, and then the rest in 2h. If you have joined the complaint and don't receive a PM from me within 6h please contact me via PM.

I forgot to mention in the 60 first messages that the trading history from cryptostocks also needs to be included, and the calculation of the total amount of lost BTC should include the trades/dividends from that site also, you can make a cryptostocks.txt file from the information on the Legend page an attach that in the email to the lawyer.

And thank you everyone for your support and your offer to donate 5% of anything we get back to me, I also like to mention that some of the the LCSH members have put much work in to this case also, so some credit should go to them also.

E.Sam

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 02:00:36 AM

Hello everyone,

Sorry that I haven't been more active here the last day's, I have been very busy with other thing's. I still have some thing's to take care of today and in 6-7 h  I'll be putting my full attention to this case again.

Also I like to mention that handling legal issues is not some ting I have done before, my expertise is being a sys admin, construction work, and electrician.
So I apologize if I'm not handling this case perfectly, I only started this thread because some one needed to do it, and no one else was doing it. It's a good thing I'm a quick learner Smiley, next case will be much easier, and handled more professionally.

Ok, I'll try to break down the issues in the last posts now,

About the time table for the submission of the complaint,

When I started to communicate with the lawyer, he told me he was very busy setting up the Italian Bitcoin foundation and that we were looking at submitting the complaint mid January, there has been a slight delay now. I'm sure thats because last years xmas holidays and new year holiday. I tried to take care of some business those two weeks, but found it impossible as all companies, official offices and banks were almost closed for those two weeks. And I'm sure the lawyer was not working during those holidays.

About the issue of trust in sending personal information to the lawyer,

I understand the issue of sending personal information to some one you don't know, I should have handled the issue better, I knew like SebastianJu and the rest of the LCSH that the lawyer was working for the Italian Bitcoin foundation, and that we had checked his credentials in the best way we could do without actually going to Italy to meet him. Also I knew that jimmy3dita had met him and he gave a good impression about him. I was going to ask jimmy3dita to confirm this now when the issue was brought up, but he did that before I could ask him, thank you for doing that.

I should have given more information about the lawyer before asking you to send him your information.

About the remaining amount of needed donations,

The remaining amount of the invoice I have is about 2200€, we payed 2853,80€ of the invoice with the first round of donations, the compliant will be submitted next week to the authorities, and then it will be time to pay the rest. If Bitcoin will hold it's current price level that would mean we still need 3.57 BTC (bitcoin.de price), we have currently have 0.415 in the donations wallet, so about 3.15 BTC is still needed.

The dead line for sending your information to the lawyer is Friday 24.01 2014 09.00 GMT

And finally a email I receive from the lawyer today, some parts edited out:

Hallo,

I received a lot of e-mails from people hurt by Labcoin.

Friday I'll met with the criminal lawyer to add to the draft all the data transmitted by the people.

Someone sent incomplete information or no personal data at all, but just the nicknames an trading history. These people will not be put into the complaint.

Anyway, currently we are good to go with the numbers.

I think it will be a good idea to put a deadline at Friday for joining the complaint.

Next week I'll try to arrange a meeting with police officers and then I'll submit the complaint.

Sincerely

Thank you HauntingShade for your information regarding Alberto, I will contact you later today.

So any and all question you still have, I will try to answer later today when I have more time to work on the case.

Thank you for your support,

virtualspade

Keninishna

Activity: 556

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:02:12 AM

Is there a public list of shares traded? Because I ended up selling the ones I had on btctc and sending the btc to cryptostocks and buying shares there.
Pages: « 1 ... 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 [908] 909 910 911 912 913 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: