Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45699 times)
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:37:39 PM

I received my tracking number with the shipment of my order, but I have to make an urgent appeal to BitSyncom.
Please, I want to change the shipping address before they go to collect your package, now is going to stay in China and it is important not to get to the custom office, please BitSyncom see the new shipping address that I have in my account or listen to my PM thanks.

i wouldnt count on that
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:40:12 PM

I received my tracking number with the shipment of my order, but I have to make an urgent appeal to BitSyncom.
Please, I want to change the shipping address before they go to collect your package, now is going to stay in China and it is important not to get to the custom office, please BitSyncom see the new shipping address that I have in my account or listen to my PM thanks.

call dhl and let them change the adress

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:01:26 PM

For chip order or batch3 avalon? what was your order date
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:17:10 PM

What if all the chips were stolen by organized criminals.

or even worse: by UNorganized criminals  Cry
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:38:54 PM

this.  As long as you can prove old address & show ID I can't see an issue with doing this.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:51:52 PM

What if all the chips were stolen by organized criminals.

or even worse: by UNorganized criminals  Cry

BFL?!?

(Sorry couldn't resist, joke. Grin)

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:30:06 PM

Yifu promised me to clear my ticket before shipping the chips. So you might create a ticket with chip batches chosen. I really hope he holds his promise. I have a similar problem. He changed my shipping address but not the billing address and phone. Which is important.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:30:53 PM

Nothing, it was not possible to change the shipping address according seems to "security reasons", so I will try to talk with DHL before leaving China.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 01:09:06 AM

Name:   BitSyncom
Activity:   280
Position:   Sr. Member
Date Registered:   October 03, 2012, 09:29:29 AM
Last Active:   Today at 08:22:08 PM

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:20:11 AM

Yes, call DHL and tell them to change the order.  Don't give out your DHL tracking code to anyone, btw Tongue

Stack

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:25:38 AM

Avalon,

Don't BFL us bro!

Sincerely,
Troubled customer

JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:51:33 AM

Avalon,

Don't BFL us bro!

Sincerely,
Troubled customer

Stack,

You've been BFL'd bro!

Sincerely,
Yifu GAO MAO fucked up name sauce
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:55:54 AM

Maybe because the chips are so high value items ($78K USD), he wants to oversee the shipment personally.

He was at the Inside Bitcoins conference in NYC, so maybe that held up the shipments/updates.

We can always hope.
s40ward

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:30:53 AM

Not to jump in anyones shit but if you have millions of USD worth of late orders..skip the conference. FFS.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:38:42 AM

Maybe they have been recruited by the NSA and can't talk. 
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:56:05 AM

Not to jump in anyones shit but if you have millions of USD worth of late orders..skip the conference. FFS.

Surprised Josh showed up at the conference.  Thought someone might throw a creme pie, tomotoes, or obscenities at him at some point, but he just stood there in his white shirt with a stoic look on his face as if nothing happened.  

Hope these chips will ship soon, otherwise Yifu might get a markedly different reception from the community at the next conference.   
Stack

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:57:33 AM

Surprised Josh showed up at the conference.  Thought someone might throw a creme pie, tomotoes, or obscenities at him at some point, but he just stood there in his white shirt with a stoic look on his face as if nothing happened. 

Or an appropriately sized brick

bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:59:13 AM

Surprised Josh showed up at the conference.  Thought someone might throw a creme pie, tomotoes, or obscenities at him at some point, but he just stood there in his white shirt with a stoic look on his face as if nothing happened. 

Or an appropriately sized brick

True, folks showed a lot of restraint and patience.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:09:21 AM

Avalon shipped lots of chips to China, and those one who got the chips are resell the chips at rediculours high price. as the seller claim, he had very close relationship with Ngzhang personally, so he can "handle" some chip and supply it. He also claimed that the chips can only be produced 8k a day as the testing equipment have some problem. What an absurd excuse!

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:29:46 AM

Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.

It's strange how $75k order does not even get you a phone number and personal account manager on Avalon's side, isn't it...

I think what's going on right now is that they have realized that they will be unable to maintain their "leader" position in ASIC development and they are trying to milk the network as much as they can delaying the shipments knowing that they will effectively decrease their network share.

And I for one hope that K&C and bitfury devices start shipping on time so then both Avalon and BFL will never ever get another customer.

Question?   How would they "milk" the network by not delivering chips that have already been paid for?

Answer? (more of a guess actually, a thought experiment of supposition)

Let's suppose that Avalon did indeed invest in their new SMT line to speed the assembly of mining devices. Why then, with all that added production capacity would you decide to cease selling units? Perhaps by charging a well-deserved markup on the chips they designed, they are able to order 2 or 3 times as many chips as the customers are paying for. This would allow them to keep a great number of chips and use their fancy new SMT line to manufacture a whole lot of ASIC miners for themselves...

It's all just supposition, but that is one way that they could "milk" the network by delaying delivery... just sayin'

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: