Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:40:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45706 times)
nightengale (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:58:55 AM

Have many of the early bulk chip orders been received yet?

Have no clue what the deal is... Figured Avalon would come through on these but am utterly disappointed thus far.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:55:03 AM

I would like to ask the same question here: Where is fucking chips I ordered at the end of April? 8-10 weeks lead time?

Avalon should pay the loss of the chip customers based on the PPS of the chips. If you read the chip contract carefully, unlike the Avalon batches, there is no disclaimer that they may delay the shipping. This is the first contract Avalon given to their customers with a very clear and specified shipping date. I think a civil law suit is quite doable.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:00:54 AM

Avalon ASIC Chip
The no bullshit, no fine print terms of sale
the only payment accepted is Bitcoin.
these chips will be available until at least end of the year, 2013.
spec and various information is available on the wiki
the chips being sold are packaged and tested.
the lead time on the chips is 9 to 10 weeks,
made to order from TSMC foundry, this also means no refunds.
the order quantity is 10,000 chips.
the chips are identical to those in the Avalon units.
communication protocol, reference board design can be found on github.
everything will be open source from FPGA to PCB design.
30 sample chips will be provided 4 weeks into ordering per 10,000 chips.
we do not offer technical support of any kind, this is final.
if you do not know what to do with the reference design / packaged chips, please do not purchase.
Please read the above carefully, as with all things Bitcoin one should treat this as an investment and make the decision best for you based on the liquid-able funds available at the moment when placing an order.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:50:39 AM

Your not screwed until you are "BFL screwed"®. (13 months league)
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:58:19 AM

Avalon should just die out already, they are a fail piece of shit company. They still haven't delivered some peoples batch 1 orders!!! Why anyone would buy bulk orders of chips from them is amazing. Ohh Avalon shipped 1 whole batch yay!!! If we go by those numbers BFL has shipped a batch also, but they still suck.

bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:02:09 AM

Have no clue what the deal is... Figured Avalon would come through on these but am utterly disappointed thus far.

Not sure, but in looking around the forum it looks like Zefir's group buy received a batch of chips.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg2790248#msg2790248
LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:23:50 AM

Hesitation can be indicative of procrastination, anxiety, and a fear of progress.

A moment of clarity & decisive action can defeat all of these things.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:44:39 AM

Yifu has not been seen in over two weeks, activity stopped on his avalon github 21 days ago, and the last activity on the forums here was on July16th.  Also it seems like nobody after Zefir got chips, part of me thinks something happened to Yifu or Avalon.  Whomever knows him personally or is able to contact him should.  I fear something could have happened to the chips, Yifu or Avalon, or he skipped town with our Bitcoin.  This is all a possibility, and with over two weeks being absent with many customers wondering where there batch 3 asics are?  Damn... Its not looking good guys, wish I had some good news to share, but unfortunately we got nothing.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:45:17 AM

I would like to ask the same question here: Where is fucking chips I ordered at the end of April? 8-10 weeks lead time?

Avalon should pay the loss of the chip customers based on the PPS of the chips. If you read the chip contract carefully, unlike the Avalon batches, there is no disclaimer that they may delay the shipping. This is the first contract Avalon given to their customers with a very clear and specified shipping date. I think a civil law suit is quite doable.
Batch#3 customers is asking the question: Where is fucking machine I ordered at the end of March?
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:46:00 AM

Hesitation can be indicative of procrastination, anxiety, and a fear of progress.

A moment of clarity & decisive action can detfeat all of these things.

i like your nick.
niner

Activity: 189

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 07:01:43 AM

Zefir received  on July 27 July 23 the batch he ordered April 16.

#9725    April 16, 2013    Chips ordered

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.0

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:18:07 AM

Batch 2 for Zefir doesn't appear to have shipped as he'd update that thread (Atleast I believe so) if the chips would have shipped.  Assuming chips ship with same delays, by day, by which they were ordered then Batch 2, even 3, would have shipped by now.  Batch 4 would be a *maybe* soon.

Either way chips are shipping.  They are shipping with artificial delays.  I'm fairly confident had people known orders are of 10,400 chips instead of 10,000 chips then people would have chosen to order 10,400 chips instead of 10,000 to prevent unnecessary repackaging of chips.

As far as I see it noone in their right mind would do future business with Avalon due to artificial delays to promised '9-11 week' lead times.  It's unacceptable.
eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:19:25 AM

Yes, he did and not much more after that one Smiley
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:49:13 AM

Batch 2 for Zefir doesn't appear to have shipped as he'd update that thread (Atleast I believe so) if the chips would have shipped.  Assuming chips ship with same delays, by day, by which they were ordered then Batch 2, even 3, would have shipped by now.  Batch 4 would be a *maybe* soon.

Either way chips are shipping.  They are shipping with artificial delays.  I'm fairly confident had people known orders are of 10,400 chips instead of 10,000 chips then people would have chosen to order 10,400 chips instead of 10,000 to prevent unnecessary repackaging of chips.

As far as I see it noone in their right mind would do future business with Avalon due to artificial delays to promised '9-11 week' lead times.  It's unacceptable.

I swear,I have NOTHING to do with the delays  Angry

Looks like Avalon has been studying BFL very closely & useing thier stall tactics........for what,I have no idea  Roll Eyes   Maybe to keep the diff low so they can mine more BTC or  Huh Huh Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:39:58 AM

Batch#3 customers is asking the question: Where is fucking machine I ordered at the end of March?

+1

Quote from: Avalon B3 info "http://launch.avalon-asics.com/#tab-03"
Orders Opened On: March 25th, 2013
Shipping Time: May 5st, 2013

Angry

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:42:17 AM

I dont know it the delays are artificial or not, nor do I care.

there is no sign of zefir' second batch of chips, and the #2 batch was ordered only 4 days after batch #1 which was received on july 23th.

avalon please do us a favor and just die. we dont need another company like bfl.
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:54:20 AM

Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.
eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:02:27 AM

Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.

It's strange how $75k order does not even get you a phone number and personal account manager on Avalon's side, isn't it...

I think what's going on right now is that they have realised that they will be unable to maintain their "leader" position in ASIC development and they are trying to milk the network as much as they can delaying the shipments knowing that they will effectively decrease their network share.

And I for one hope that K&C and bitfury devices start shipping on time so then both Avalon and BFL will never ever get another customer.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:03:25 AM

I swear,I have NOTHING to do with the delays  Angry

Looks like Avalon has been studying BFL very closely & useing thier stall tactics........for what,I have no idea  Roll Eyes   Maybe to keep the diff low so they can mine more BTC or  Huh Huh Huh

It's sad that the best case scenario, is that the delay is to keep difficulty low to facilitate existing mining ops (not necessarily their own).
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:08:03 AM

I did understood why Avalon Batches took so long to ship since they require assembly, but with the chips i don't understand the delays since i think they already have them...Anyway just ship the chips please!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: