Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45692 times)
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:27:30 PM

I get the feeling a shitstorm is brewing. Bitsyncom should've known better. The entire community has been on redline for stress/anger/patience due to BFL, even the slightest bit of misconduct will be met with full force by every means available to us - and failure to communicate for 5 weeks is not slight, it's very serious. We want our chips or we want compensation for those chips - simple.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:29:12 PM

I think some of this may have to do with controlling the amount of Hashing power on the network. They think they know best how it should progress and so they are going to keep everyone else from mining until they think the time is right to up the hashing power.
Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:32:29 PM

I think some of this may have to do with controlling the amount of Hashing power on the network. They think they know best how it should progress and so they are going to keep everyone else from mining until they think the time is right to up the hashing power.

No. I'm sick of hearing this excuse. If they were being "responsible" they would've cut-off their ordering at so many #'s of batches. NOT take your money and fail to deliver.

Vigil

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:34:45 PM

No. I'm sick of hearing this excuse. If they were being "responsible" they would've cut-off their ordering at so many #'s of batches. NOT take your money and fail to deliver.
I'm not saying they are being "responsible", I am saying they think they have some control over it and are exercising it either for themselves or the early buyers.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:39:49 PM

I get the feeling a shitstorm is brewing.

Yeah, It's not just individuals investing in mining rigs. This time it's people's livelihoods at stake, setting up hardware building shops in preparation for chip supplies.
Vigil

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:42:24 PM

They have to have the chips, they have already made them and sent out product. That means they are either sitting on the chips or lost the funds to pay for the chips or the Chinese won't let them have the chips.
nightengale (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:45:33 PM

We want our chips or we want compensation for those chips - simple.

I would like to echo this as well. This is clearly a breach of contract with tangible, calculable damages.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:46:06 PM

lost the funds to pay for the chips

Maybe they lost the key to that big bitcoin stash they have set up for chip orders.  Shocked
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:50:57 PM

They have to have the chips, they have already made them and sent out product. That means they are either sitting on the chips or lost the funds to pay for the chips or the Chinese won't let them have the chips.

I think so as well, once the time is right (as defined by the whichever entity is controlling them), they will quietly ship out the chips. 
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:53:04 PM

I think it is safe to assume that Yifu is not holding back the chips for the sake of the Avalon batch #3 customers, that batch is almost completed and the risk of law-suits is too great that he will gamble with it. It is highly probable that chips do not exists at this moment otherwise he would have shiped at least some quantity to stop the commotion.

Key questions is: What is the reason that Avalon doesn't have enough chips to ship? We can only try to guess, so these are few assumptions and some data to back each one:

1) Yifu doesn't have enough money to pay TMSC manfacturing the chips.
Data:
- He stated several times he doesn't control BTC address which received the payments. At the moment we assumed that he received cash in exchange for the control of it, but fact that funds are still siting on that address unspent is puzzling.

2) Yifu is not in control of Avalon design and the data needed for fabrication.
Data:
-  Members of the Avalon team had several confirmed disagreements, and even the chip designer carrying the nickname "Gridchip" was allegedly trying to find another partnership instead of Yifu's. It is also unclear how is Gridchip connected to the giant delivery of Avalon chips to Russia, it may be possible that he is in some way involved in that deal apart from the rest of the Avalon team. Could it be possible that delivery caused permanent split, and Gridchip took some data with him which is essential for chip manufacturing?

3) ... (feel free to add your own)
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:58:26 PM

If you are talking gov or army I doubt it.  The amounts are quite insignificant.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:59:13 PM

There is certainly "life at Avalon."  I was poked by the team, to make sure my batch #3 arrived (it did, even after a shipping address mistake, though manual intervention with DHL was required).

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:01:29 AM

We want our chips or we want compensation for those chips - simple.

I would like to echo this as well. This is clearly a breach of contract with tangible, calculable damages.
What "contract"?  Under who's jurisdiction?  What was your "valuable consideration" for this "contract" and can you prove you "paid it" and the "entity" you made this "contract" with "received it"?

pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:04:42 AM

What "contract"?  Under who's jurisdiction?  What was your "valuable consideration" for this "contract" and can you prove you "paid it" and the "entity" you made this "contract" with "received it"?

Try trolling harder,
meanwhile no chips no response

Maybe someone with forum trust and reputation will start a GROUP BUY for the Chinese/USA LAWYERS and form a lawsuit?
I can do it but I live in Europe so no real point for me to do that.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:09:43 AM

I have seen some options on the tor network that could resolve this issue. Shocked

It just needs someone to start a group buy, I doubt JohnK would do escrow for such a service thou.  Wink

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:11:22 AM

There is certainly "life at Avalon."  I was poked by the team, to make sure my batch #3 arrived (it did, even after a shipping address mistake, though manual intervention with DHL was required).

Thanks for this update. Sounds like we all just need a healthy dose of patience... Scratch that - an INSANE dose of patience! Smiley
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:12:31 AM

Try trolling harder,
meanwhile no chips no response
Ok will do.  People are talking about legal action for something where there is not even a somewhat arguable legal basis.  Assuming all the other issues are provable most contracts for large amounts are required to be in writing to be enforceable not to mention this would fall under international trade and unless this person is in china then disregard what I said as I am not versed in the Chinese legal system.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:13:44 AM

BitSynCom is a USA corporation, incorporated in the state of Nevada.
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:14:23 AM

Thanks for this update. Sounds like we all just need a healthy dose of patience... Scratch that - an INSANE dose of patience! Smiley

Are you really that cheap? I was screwed with avalon batch #3 and now I am screwed with chips order.
What is any reason to not take legal steps if there are hard proofs?
We already saw the pics of boxes full of chips, too late for them imo
gtlz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:22:48 AM

BitSynCom is a USA corporation, incorporated in the state of Nevada.

The NV corporation was set up by one of those many corporate agent lawfirms.  They accept law suit service documents on behalf of Yifu and then forward them to Yifu.  Yifu is required by applicable state and federal law to keep valid contact methods with the appointed legal representative.

To be honest, this is a criminal matter best handled by the NY State AG since that is where Yifu resides according to the filing documents held by the Nevada Corporation Commission. https://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=ozwghIfOnmFj64qH4nYDaA%253d%253d&nt7=0  Yifu & Co made advertisements on the Internet for a deliverable product, under the auspices of a US registered entity, with promises of delivery within a certain timeframe.  The FTC and standard consumer protection laws, in concert with Yifu's own claims, solidify his obligation to his consumers.

Yifu is going to end up on the wrong side of an interstate fraud investigation, spearheaded by the NYAG, if he doesn't start answering his paying customers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: