Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:05:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45706 times)
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:17:55 AM

We need to know why TerraHash and others haven't united to approach Avalon regarding compensation. They agreed to have the chips within a certain time-frame from ordering, i.e., 9-10 weeks. If they did not deliver the chips by then they have not met the requirement and need to compensate for that. If their product was not time-sensitive, it would not be an issue. Avalon needs to compensate relative to the BTC loss.

I would hope group buy organizers are already communicating in private to some extent.  Unfortunately, I imagine their attempts to communicate with Bitsyncom would be just as fruitless as anyone else's.
They can fix that by having a lawyer do their communications in order to get a face-to-face conversation regarding some damage compensation. Bitsyncom can afford to knock a bit off the price of the chips relative to the lost time - that shouldn't be a huge deal. They don't have to have a lawsuit, they just need to force him into talks, get him to stop playing the stupid "I'm not here right now" game. Settle on an agreement.
LaserHorse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:03:01 AM

They can fix that by having a lawyer do their communications in order to get a face-to-face conversation regarding some damage compensation. Bitsyncom can afford to knock a bit off the price of the chips relative to the lost time - that shouldn't be a huge deal. They don't have to have a lawsuit, they just need to force him into talks, get him to stop playing the stupid "I'm not here right now" game. Settle on an agreement.

Indeed. 

Sad that one needs to go to such lengths in order to properly communicate.  A few status updates and inbox filters could have done a lot to help avoid this situation.

Professionalism earns respect - and for good reason.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:08:02 AM

Goofi Fucku FUCKED YOU ALL!

I told ya so!  Shocked

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:44:03 AM

I Would like to see a discount / refund of some % of the paid price of the chips. Or double the chips you bought to compensate the loss in value.
The chips are now a lot less of value !

Easiest would be to double the chips bougt, so group buyers can double to there customers and so on down the piramide.

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:58:14 AM

Double the chips infact would compensate the loss
Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:06:01 AM

And probably their cheapest option. Though realistically a company would send an extra 10-20% or something like that.. not double lol Tongue
But it's already been shown that they don't give a shit about PR

quest

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:06:02 AM

That is a good compensation.
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:22:17 AM

That is a good compensation.

I seriously doubt that any compensation will happen.
Despite the fact that 5 weeks ago we were looking at a 30 day roi and now it's prolli not even possible  Sad
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:30:45 AM

Then you need to purchase double the amount of PCB's and there is shortage on some of the parts.

EDIT: Spelling

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:47:30 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 10:14:08 AM by itod

I'm not satisfied with doubled chips. Yifu should also send a cheerleader to each group buy organizer, and a bottle of whiskey to each buyer.
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:47:54 AM

Then you need to purchase double the amount of PCB's and there is shortage on some of the parts.

True, but the chips are the expensive part. Double the chips and i accept that i will have more pcb costs etc.

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:14:55 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 11:33:40 AM by Bicknellski

I'm not satisfied with doubled chips. Yifu should also send a cheerleader to each group buy organizer, and a bottle of whiskey to each buyer.

Information. Where are the chips right now? When are they going to arrive in our group buy leaders hands?
Refund anyone who asks.
Boycott Avalon until they do.
Start legal action now.

That be what we actually need.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:22:21 AM

True, but the chips are the expensive part. Double the chips and i accept that i will have more pcb costs etc.

And then what, wait double the time for your delivery as he orders more?! Get your money back and buy Bitfury if you want chips.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Vigil

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:22:49 AM

Information. Where are the chips right now? When are they going to be arrive in our group buy leaders hands?
Refund anyone who asks.
Start legal action now.

Bicknellski, have you tried to directly contact the other group buy leaders and places like TerraHash to organize something? I keep trying to get TerraHash to respond regarding what they are doing to get the ball rolling and I hear absolutely nothing.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:36:03 AM

Information. Where are the chips right now? When are they going to be arrive in our group buy leaders hands?
Refund anyone who asks.
Start legal action now.

Bicknellski, have you tried to directly contact the other group buy leaders and places like TerraHash to organize something? I keep trying to get TerraHash to respond regarding what they are doing to get the ball rolling and I hear absolutely nothing.

Need to get members of group buys as well to push this as well. Yes, pushing this behind the scenes as well but again group buy leaders need feedback before they can make decisions. Terrahash obviously is going forward with his build so I am not sure whether he wants to go for a refund at this time. Members in that buy should be discussing that with him.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Vigil

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:43:05 AM

Refund anyone who asks.
Start legal action now.

Need to get members of group buys as well to push this as well. Yes, pushing this behind the scenes as well but again group buy leaders need feedback before they can make decisions. Terrahash obviously is going forward with his build so I am not sure whether he wants to go for a refund at this time. Members in that buy should be discussing that with him.
In the least, ALL the group buy leaders need to force Yifus hand and have a face-to-face with him, even if that means getting a lawyer to contact him. Noone needs to necessarily follow through with an entire drawn-out lawsuit but just to let him know people are serious. He is playing some sort of game where he doesn't think is required to communicate with anyone except when he decides to swoop down from Mt. Olympus. Then we can get real answers and work on some sort of damage compensation whether it e refunds, or adjusted chip prices, etc.

TerraHash is about as good with communication as Yifu - if they don't feel like responding, they won't.
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:46:24 AM

Will yifu be on this list as well?

http://www.interpol.int/Wanted-Persons?lastname=guo&Forenames=&IPSGT_ICPO_Countries=&free=&current_age_mini=0&current_age_maxi=100&IPSGT_Sex=&IPSGT_Eyes_Color=&IPSGT_Hair=&IPSGT_Interpol_Office=&wanted_search=

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:54:10 AM

Well I am sure terrahash is busy unlike me and our coop pulling the plug on our build and given the lack of info from YIFU and Avalon we are not going to risk moving forward. I agree totally we need to have Yifu or someone in Avalon immediately inform all group buy leaders about what is really going on with our chips minimally. Personally I have been trying for about 2 weeks plus to get more information and nothing has happened and I even gave a grace period of almost 3 weeks before starting anything as I was waiting for some sort of sign from Avalon and holding out hope that we could get production going if chips were to arrive. Given the lack of proper information it is important to start legal proceedings, make reports to relevant authorities about their breach of contract which many have already done.

I suspect that many leaders of the Group Buys are really just trying to take stock of the situation and are hoping for a miracle on Friday but to be honest we should be working harder right now to pressure Avalon on refunds and getting information. KevinM posted a thread to drum up support for action and I have yet to see that many leaders jump in yet. I will start contact people this week and try to do more about getting us organized but again a large part of the pressure can come directly in the form of members of group buys directly discussing their needs to group buy leaders and joining the boycott on Avalon until we are all compensated and we are provided with proper information. It is time to rattle Avalon's cage with everything we have.

Stack

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:55:16 AM

Groupbuyers aren't actually customers. Only the groupbuy leaders are, so only they can actually take legal action and demand an audience.
However, we can all still continue to spread our story and warn the bitocin community not to do business with them anymore.
(And I obviously mean, beyond these forums... other forums, news articles, blogs, word of mouth.. any means at your disposal)
And we can still also ask authorities to investigate their recent activities

Stack

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:56:20 AM

Well I am sure terrahash is busy unlike me and our coop pulling the plug on our build and given the lack of info from YIFU and Avalon we are not going to risk moving forward. I agree totally we need to have Yifu or someone in Avalon immediately inform all group buy leaders about what is really going on with our chips minimally. Personally I have been trying for about 2 weeks plus to get more information and nothing has happened and It even give a grace period of almost 3 weeks before starting anything as I was waiting for some sort of sign from Avalon and holding out hope that we could get production going if chips were to arrive. Given the lack of proper information it is important to start legal proceedings, make reports to relevant authorities about their breach of contract which many have already done.

I suspect that many leaders of the Group Buys are really just trying to take stock of the situation and are hoping for a miracle on Friday but to be honest we should be working harder right now to pressure Avalon on refunds and getting information. KevinM posted a thread to drum up support for action and I have yet to see that many leaders jump in yet. I will start contact people this week and try to do more about getting us organized but again a large part of the pressure can come directly in the form of members of group buys directly discussing their needs to group buy leaders and joining the boycott on Avalon until we are all compensated and we are provided with proper information. It is time to rattle Avalon's cage with everything we have.

Link to thread please?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: