Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:36:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7671 times)
bboyjohn

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

The more risk you take, the more money you will earn. It is very risky to make your whole investment all at once and you probably lose your money. But sometimes we can catch the rising coins, and then you make good profits Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:44:42 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

$500 is not at all small. It is already a good amount for you because you have just started. You can increase your investment amount relative to your familiarity or level of confidence and knowledge in crypto investment. My preference is always a diversified investment. It is sometimes good to all in but only to take a very quick gain from a certain coin. Outside from that, I do not do it. Try to choose 2 or 3 coins instead.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
darmawan_lasuara

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:28:29 PM

For that kind of money I advise you to invest in Bitcoin or ethereum. But I think you need to set aside a small part on altcoin.
Just to avoid the risk that is not in the desired the next day.
tuansemazi

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:00:35 PM

If you have found out what you really believe in, then you can invest all in that coin. I think the top coin will not be lost, just what kind of patience it will bring profit.
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:10:57 PM

Don't just invest in one token, it's too risky. You may be rewarded handsomely, but it may also leave you with nothing.

Anyway, all the strategy has its own advantages and disadvantages. All has its own part. So choose based on your preference.
Majority of the users have suggested for a diversified investment plan, whether it is altcoins or something else similar to investment schemes doesn't matter.
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:18:16 PM

Try to support other project do not stick in only one project try to read first the different idea's so that you are waiting on different project when the pre sale will start.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:59:09 PM

Investing all of yout money in one altcoin is very risky because better to have a lot of altcoins instead of few altcoins. Because if you have only 1 coin and the price decrease very low for sure you will lose your money so better to have more instead of one.
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:16:36 PM

Many brought ripple in. Pump there brought only one coin ripple some invested 20thousand dollars it came down to 8000dollars at this point of time the risk of crypto currency is very violate and uncertain it is risky in investing in one coin
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:20:47 PM

It is definitely risky going all into one altcoin. You may want to consider to diversify your portfolio risks by investing in at least 2 coins from different business segments.
mrphilippine

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:31:09 PM

It is a bit risky to go all in one investment to AltCoin. i suggest to diversified into 3 sections where you think it will be great investment. Just a quick warning though all altcoins are risky to invest now so better to review all their background before you invest on them.
IMatveeva

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:32:19 PM

Absolutely.  You need to invest in some better coins in the 5 7 10. Some of them will fall, some will grow. And if one falls then it will reduce your money. All the same everything depends on bitcoin all altcoins follow it. Bitcoin down all down, bitcoin up all up.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:14:26 AM

I mean you can put all your money into BTC which is the most stable crypto, but still I wouldn't advise you to do so. Your only option in that case is holding.
Well this is madness and you better make your mind again. Think about your risky decision because you lack the element of a diversified portfolio which shows bad signs. Also you need to Invest in at least more than one type of coins to share the loose in case the market crashes or to gain your part of the money in case there is boom in the economy.
kenzio2016

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 07:23:27 AM

everything were doing on trading have a risk. but for safe belt. you should put them in many alts instead
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:26:54 AM

I think it is very risky to just hold one altcoin in your portfolio, it seems you have to divide your investment in some kind of altcoin to make it more secure. But if you have studied the graph of altcoin that you hold it up, I think it's back to you
Investing your money at more than one place is something more beneficial as this reduced the risk and that you can gain some profit from one of the crypto coin even if rest of the coins are going down. You can go for investing in only one altcoin but you must be sure that you are taking the things very much seriously then and that you are not making any kind of stupid decision which can result in loss.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 07:46:07 AM

Yes, despite you could earn alot if the coins up because all your money are inside one basket
Imagine if you just predict it incorrectly and the coin went scam/etc, you will end up in Nothing.
pusaka

Activity: 1106
Merit: 615

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:09:09 AM

Yes, too risky to put of all money in 1 of altcoins only.
It's better ways to put your money in some type of coins than 1 altcoins only.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:41:19 PM

Betting on a single crypto asset is a very bad idea.

Diversification is the key to success in any investment.

Suggested risk management strategy:

1 - Study

2 - Don't fall for the latest ultimate coin/token. It's probably another scam...

3 - Study a bit more

4 - Never invest what you can't afford to lose.

5 - Keep studiyng

6 - Never borrow to invest in crypto

7 - Choose wisely and start with small investments

8 - Don't sell in panic. Don't buy in euphoria.

9 - Relax

10 - Enjoy   Grin

moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:53:46 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

if you as an investor want to invest money for a long time then you can do so. but if you're not an investor then at least 2 Altcoins put your money.
Yeah you have point mate, if OP is not a day trader. He should invest his 500$ to reliable coins like bitcoin and ethereum and put it there for a longer time until the price reach a new all time high or higher. In that way, he can get a good profits.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
hamdun

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:24:44 PM

Hi,

Thanks

You have to divide it into several coins, because putting your money in coins is very risky. But the decision remains in your hands, trusting more in one coin or dividing it up in some crypto coins.
sirmitchel

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:42:50 PM

It's just risky in general, unless you invested it on Bitcoins along and it spiked up rapidly making everything worthwhile and
profitable at the same time. It would be wise and clever to diversify investments, though making sure you have some strong
ones in there to make things solid. Though make sure you invested them on altcoins that are full of potential, considering
you did some reading and research before spending money investing on them.

░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓█      ZUFLO .io   ▌ EXCHANGE AND FINANCE      █▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░
INTEGRATED TRADING & FINANCE PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
WP   |   Telegram   Twitter   [[  Pre ICO is LIVE  ]]   Instagram   Facebook   |   ANN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: