Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7675 times)
Cryptonatureben

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:26:34 PM

You really need to spread your funds... Investing in one coin is highly risky and not advisable, because if it crashes or dips you lose all your funds... But if you have at least 10 different alt you won't fill too bad when one dips... You can spread different amount on them base on your due diligence
Katya91a

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:30:38 PM

I believe not one smart person will not invest all the capital in 1 altcoin... Everyone knows the risks... A maximum of 20 % percent with full confidence!!!
tayecrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:12:40 PM

Yes..its very risky thing to do....and why would one invest only one altcoin when everyone knows crypto is up and down. Learn how to diversify.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:19:15 PM

It seems to me that this is very risky. But this does not mean that you can not use this strategy. If you are completely sure of the coin that you are going to buy, you can invest in it.
Of course that is too risky. Investing all your money in a single asset is too risky because a little fall in the price of that crypto in which you invest is going to be a big loss. Besides, the concept of holding a diverse portfolio is of great importance and this is just because a fall in the price of one asset or coin will not affect your overall portfolio. Having said that, it sounds a wise decision not to invest all the money in a single crypto.
@bamaricibo

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:26:05 PM

The cryptocurrency market is highly volatile so it is better to diversify the investment to minimize the risk, you can try to divide the $500 into 5 and get different promising coins. always do your own research on the coin before investing so you can get away from scam projects.
The portfolio diversification I confirm is a risk reduction. But some people want to win big so they put all the money into a potential coin they think will be profitable in the future. This is probably a deciding game of success or failure. I think everyone has their own reasons and they always have a wise decision for their investment.
IggySe7ven

Activity: 464
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:03:40 PM

it is more than risky and if you do not know where are you putting your money, you are obviously going to lose a lot of money because of risking your ass too much. Do not be so fool, just diversify.
therealelon

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:47:41 PM

ofc u need diversification

Make sure to find a nice balance between coins / platforms / dapps. And if possible also try and join ICO's!

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Dahman El_Harrachi

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:48:43 AM

Puting all ur money in one project is risky because if something happens to this altcoin like hack or some bad news u will lose most of your money. Try to diversify your portfolio to minimize the risk.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:06:19 AM

It seems to me that this is very risky. But this does not mean that you can not use this strategy. If you are completely sure of the coin that you are going to buy, you can invest in it.
Of course that is too risky. Investing all your money in a single asset is too risky because a little fall in the price of that crypto in which you invest is going to be a big loss. Besides, the concept of holding a diverse portfolio is of great importance and this is just because a fall in the price of one asset or coin will not affect your overall portfolio. Having said that, it sounds a wise decision not to invest all the money in a single crypto.
Especially if it is an unpopular coin, of course the risk will be much greater. Rather than investing in a popular coin, the risk is much smaller. Coin that already has a large market share of course has gained the trust of the community so we are not too worried when the price decreases because usually the price will return to normal and are at quite different rates. Unlike the coin that still has a low market share, usually the coin can experience dumping and in the end the coin has no value. That's why investing in a crypto world requires a very good analysis, without any analysis we may just be hoping for a luck and that is not a good thing to do.
cryptokingmaker

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:06:46 AM

Yes, 1000% risky because if you invest all your money into one coin is very risky. We have divide our investment into different other portfolios which we can recover the funds even though we loose in one coin.
Last follen star

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:20:18 AM

It is better to invest in 2-3 coins is more safe, because the most important thing is to save your fund and profit is not the most important thing.
MaryKiTy22

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:27:36 AM

I think that if you put all your money into the investment, your risk is very high if you are not lucky you can lose it and even lose the money you invested in them, You should think again.
canque31

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:30:11 AM

It is better to invest in 2-3 coins is more safe, because the most important thing is to save your fund and profit is not the most important thing.
[/quote

It is really risky to invest all of your coins in just 1 coin. Better divide your coins to 2-3 alts in order for you to gain more. Not all coins have the same price in the market better you have an option either one goes down and the other price is high. By this you can see that the money you invest is balance.
rhamdy

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:09:42 AM

Your choice will be riskier if you put all your coins on 1 project.
We recommend that you divide your coins into several projects.
And make sure the project you choose is a good project and has the potential to develop well.
Because the most important thing in investing is a potentially good project.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:14:26 AM

I think yes, it's risky if you're going to put all your money into Cryptocurrency that you're not sure if that currency will increase the price or not. My advice is putting half of your money into it just to make yourself safe when the currency you're investing isn't increasing the value.
Bear_Cub

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:56:55 AM

It is very risky. I wish I could take same risk. I prefer to diversify in 5-6 coins.
galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:06:50 AM

Yes, it is a risky thing to pour all of your money into 1 altcoin, but if you really are willing to invest in that particular altcoin then just make sure that it has a lot of potential. You should also be knowledgable of its background, do some adequate research and thoroughly assess which type of altcoin you are going to invest in to avoid a number of predicaments that might trouble you in the near future. As i have read, the altcoin that you have mentioned is at the top 40 altcoins offered in the market, that kind of information wouldnt suffice. To see whether if it is legit, check a number of websites that may hold that kind of information. You should also search the altcoin itself to further support the evidences provided.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
AteenaD

Activity: 208

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:42:06 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Evidently risky. Even though as you said, you're a little investor, don't place in all your money to a single project. Please diversify. Do invest in 2 coins. It is undoubtedly the most sensible thing to do. By diversifying, the probability of securing huge profits were most high.
Athenakim.22

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:48:30 AM

Yes, investing is really risky and in my opinion putting all your invesent in one coin is not a good idea. Better if you split it in two or three coins to invest with.
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:50:25 AM

We need to diversify our investment in all Altcoins equally investing in one coin will ultimately lead to loss all money or else money blocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: