Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:28:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7671 times)
mbm_ico

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:56:40 PM

If you have analyzed this company well and you are sure that its developers will realize the idea, then this is an investment with moderate risk. Why not?))
DonateBB

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:00:43 PM

No, if you put all of them into the BTC or ETH is absolutely right, the two coin potential and you put the money in may be more profitable, if the co-allocations think with risk reduction But profit is not high.
RiverBit

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:20:11 AM

If you want to put your money in only one coin. Study first the coin that you want.  If it has the potential to grow in the future and give you a huge profit. If the coin you choose has no potential to grow your money will loss
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:05:10 AM

It depends on you
If you wanna get risk - take it and put all invest-capital in one coin
But on your side, i'd like to invest in different projects
It would be really more profitable then just one-way trading
And, yes, it's really risky

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:08:01 AM

If you want to put your money in only one coin. Study first the coin that you want.  If it has the potential to grow in the future and give you a huge profit. If the coin you choose has no potential to grow your money will loss

I think putting all the money on one coin is the most risky thing, I suggest to divide at least on 10 coins or tokens, if unexpected things happen for example the price drop or we hit the hack then we will lose all our money and this can make us die.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:27:25 AM

Never put all your money in single coin unless you know something really good about the coin which no one else knows. I always spread my investment into different coins.

cutiemolit

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:51:08 AM

That's really risky better divide your investment to 2-3 coins. Spread your investment to avoid loss. Cause if you will just invest in one alt and if the price of it goes down there's a difficultly to balance loss. Whereas having investment to other altcoins there would be a balance with loss and can still gain through the other coins.
AliveBuda

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:11:44 AM

Normally i would say it is much better to have 2-3 coins but the amount you are talking about is too little to split and make profit from it. If you want to make money with it you need to find a coin with a potential of 10x-50x. It is hard to find a that kind of coin in top 50 coins. You should focus on new and high potential coins instead. If you can pick the right project that $500 can easily be 20k.
Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:29:44 AM

The risk will always be the same as the market is always in the same direction. There is no project that separates from the market.

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:32:24 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Yeah, do not invest in a single coin only even if you only have $500 as a starting investment. That is not advisable. The experts are always recommending not to put all your eggs in a single basket. One incident alone could be enough to break all your investment and make it zero. Unlike when you invest in 2 to 3 coins, any single coin might experience some bad months but your other coins will still give you the profit you desire.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:36:27 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Yeah, do not invest in a single coin only even if you only have $500 as a starting investment. That is not advisable. The experts are always recommending not to put all your eggs in a single basket. One incident alone could be enough to break all your investment and make it zero. Unlike when you invest in 2 to 3 coins, any single coin might experience some bad months but your other coins will still give you the profit you desire.
it's so risky, because when the coin goes down, you can lose the amount of money from before, and it's more likely. only, on the one hand, it will bring great profitability, if the coin has great potential in its development. well, there must be a positive and negative side in terms of investing. take a decision that does not make you regret in the future.
greatfariola

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:15:50 AM

All my money is in Ethereum as well, but I'm not holding it for too long since I'm planning to re-invest in upcoming token sales. This July has a couple of good projects like Menlo one and ViValid. I think it would be better to risk on ICOs rather than sell my eth at a loss or keep holding and hoping.. Menlo in particular seems like a really good project since it plans to be an ICO marketplace. It's gonna be like ICObench but with a lot more stuff to do.
nongkrong

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:42:46 AM

If it can separate into some coins, the possibility of other coins can backups loose-cost from your invest. My experience says like that. Because the movement of all coins for now is uncertain, everything is possible. You better find info about some coins, so you can choose some profitable coin.
@hosimanaka

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:30:11 AM

In fact, investing in different pennies will reduce the risk, but if you risk it, you will get higher returns. Invest in ETH, which is the most secure and potential coin.
zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:57:07 AM

if your money is in 1 big altcoin such as Ethereum, Neo, Monero; no it is not too risky. Your investment is too low at the end, you can easily earn 500 dollars
But if your money is in low cap coins, it is risky because it may be a scam project
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:12:15 AM

I think, Cardano it's a secure option. Also is good to invest in an ICO like Contractium.

These are promising altcoins but I do not think that you should invest only in a single cryptocurrency. Try to add more alts to your wallet - it will give you more chances to get the desired profits.
amrenamren

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 11:26:10 AM

Dude, you're taking a lot of risk! Heard the expression? "do not put all the eggs in one basket" a synonym for this expression - this is the word diversification! Choose at least 2 coins, and preferably 3 for your money. To reduce risks. In general, act according to its trading strategy. It's just that everyone has their own!
rdtt13

Activity: 186
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:50:54 AM

Hi,

Thanks

I think you should maximize your investment by investing into different coins ,like two to three coin . Putting all your investment in 1 coin is not a good idea because if everything doesn't go well on that coin all your money will lost instantly , unlike if you invest in other coin you still have an option when evey goes down.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
UnterKleinemBaum

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:58:28 AM

Hi,

Thanks

It doesn't matter what amount of investment you have. You should always put your money into several coins or ICOs
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:01:57 PM

Hi,

Thanks

I think you should maximize your investment by investing into different coins ,like two to three coin . Putting all your investment in 1 coin is not a good idea because if everything doesn't go well on that coin all your money will lost instantly , unlike if you invest in other coin you still have an option when evey goes down.

but he can also earn more income whenever his investment did go well. investing in 1 single coin is not always a bad idea as long as you know what you are investing. let say he only invest in popular or familliar coins such as bitcoin or etherium , then i guess that is probably okay to put all of his funds because those type of coins is already been proven and tested to increase in the long run. patience is also the key in order to become succesful on what you do because if you dont have a patience and you keep on panicking whenever theres a crash or correction , then your investments will still become useless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: