Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:12:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230759 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:43:46 PM

Sure, I'm negotiating with them - in good faith - as to what happens now, as i feel I've overpaid with my order compared to when I'm going to receive it. 

you are negotiating with them? i tought they arent answering emails/phone?
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:01:51 PM

Cool i didn't ask you, you're probably just a shill anyways.  I understand all the contract semantics behind this okay pal, thanks for giving us your brilliant insight. 

Nope, not a shill, just a customer.  I'm glad you understand it, but your posts suggest otherwise.  Since we're throwing shill accusations at anyone that disagrees with us I think you're a shill for a competitor.

Ya?  A shill for what company? NONE OF THEM ARE DELIVERING!!!!!!

LOL
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:13:58 PM

has anyone been in contact with cointerra?  I have emailed them a couple of times with no response

They have a support position advertised.  They responded to my application.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:18:16 PM

As the community matures and spreads knowledge about the dangers of investing in pre-orders one can only hope that newer companies come into our community and offer things that exist in real time. This sort of thing is going to continue over and over again until a few companies put stock on the shelf to satisfy the would be miner.

Avalon is shipping from stock, now.  The community seems to ignore them and buy pre-orders.

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:20:11 PM

As the community matures and spreads knowledge about the dangers of investing in pre-orders one can only hope that newer companies come into our community and offer things that exist in real time. This sort of thing is going to continue over and over again until a few companies put stock on the shelf to satisfy the would be miner.

Avalon is shipping from stock, now.  The community seems to ignore them and buy pre-orders.

i don't see anything to buy in their shop? (except bulk chips...) care to say where they're shipping from?  and whats you are referring to thats in stock?

http://avalon-asics.com/shop/

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:21:57 PM

Sure, I'm negotiating with them - in good faith - as to what happens now, as i feel I've overpaid with my order compared to when I'm going to receive it. 

you are negotiating with them? i tought they arent answering emails/phone?

You negotiating with HF? Now this is interesting. Why not share more details in the HF thread?

aerobatic

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

if anyone wants to meet up next week I'm gonna be in miami for the bitcoin conference.

may also swing by cointerra if they've got anything cool to see.  hoping for a working system soon!

-- Jez
aerobatic

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:27:02 PM

[You negotiating with HF? Now this is interesting. Why not share more details in the HF thread?

not really.  the big argument the guys in that forum thread have with hashfast is whether they will ever get their btc back.  i don't think they will, without a legal fight.. and hashfast can afford much better and more expensive lawyers so i think it won't end well and the fight could last a long time.

I'm simply negotiating with them for whether i decide to cancel my order and get a refund, or leave the order in, and what that will mean.  its a different argument from the one the main hashfast haters are having with them.  but its still academic as i have no idea when hashfast is going to ship any orders.  sure, 4 boxes have been sent to icedrill... and one to luke jnr.  that makes 5 hand built systems.  thats not production.. so i genuinely don't know when they will go into production.. but all i know is that i ordered my systems the same time as icedrill, and I've no clue when I'm going to get them.

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

i don't see anything to buy in their shop? (except bulk chips...) care to say where they're shipping from?  and whats you are referring to thats in stock?

I just checked.  You're right.  However, they have sold miners, and mining modules in the recent past.

aerobatic

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:33:06 PM

Avalon is shipping from stock, now.  The community seems to ignore them and buy pre-orders.

i don't see anything to buy in their shop? (except bulk chips...) care to say where they're shipping from?  and whats you are referring to thats in stock?

I just checked.  You're right.  However, they have sold miners, and mining modules in the recent past.

avalon were once good.  their chips were the only ones around.

but they've been overtaken by almost everyone else.  avalon have fallen by the wayside.. i don't see them coming back.

their chips are no longer competitive... and even if they sell from stock... i don't see them able to compete with the new stuff from knc, hf, bm, bf, ba, ct, et al.

Supercomputing

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:03:49 PM

I'm definitely not angry at cointerra as they're not even late yet...

Cointerra is late for their December and early January batch deliveries and that is not even up for debate. What is up for debate is what the value will be to you when you receive what you ordered.

I personally still think that Cointerra has the best value if they ship what was advertised before April, 2014. But if they cannot ship what was advertised, they would lose credibility, and worst, they will take a hit on their profit margin. So you see, they cannot afford to ship less than what was advertised. They are going to resolve what ever outstanding issues they have, or die trying. So that only increases my confidence that I will get what was advertised, though it will arrive much later than what was advertised.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:23:01 PM

Cointerra is late for their December and early January batch deliveries and that is not even up for debate. What is up for debate is what the value will be to you when you receive what you ordered.

I personally still think that Cointerra has the best value if they ship what was advertised before April, 2014. But if they cannot ship what was advertised, they would lose credibility, and worst, they will take a hit on their profit margin. So you see, they cannot afford to ship less than what was advertised. They are going to resolve what ever outstanding issues they have, or die trying. So that only increases my confidence that I will get what was advertised, though it will arrive much later than what was advertised.

notice that he said his HF orders are late since Oct yet Conterra isn't per the ToS...   well, that ToS says that HF is only late a few weeks not months as well

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Supercomputing

Activity: 278

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:04:44 PM

notice that he said his HF orders are late since Oct yet Conterra isn't per the ToS...   well, that ToS says that HF is only late a few weeks not months as well

Well said, and for a volume customer he or she should know that you can negotiate your own ToS if you have enough buying power. The ToS that is out there now on their website is not the same ToS that accompanied my order.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:04:55 PM

if anyone wants to meet up next week I'm gonna be in miami for the bitcoin conference.

may also swing by cointerra if they've got anything cool to see.  hoping for a working system soon!

-- Jez

We will be there, even have a booth Smiley
plato14

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:07:26 PM

If the TOS told most of their customers that they had to murder a family member each time they mined a bitcoin, there would be people left and right defending that terms are completely legitimate.  'Those darn ASIC companies' (smothers grandma with a pillow
thomashrev89

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:10:32 PM

Any idea of price per GH/s?

I am trying to decide to wait for you, or order through KnC.

If you are ok with discarding your KNC product in a couple of months after purchase, then go for it.

Roll Eyes

yuriygeorge

Activity: 262

I hate my family

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:26:01 PM

I'm a customer of both HashFast and cointerra. I believe cointerra customers are in better shoes right now.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:43:59 PM

They are technically "LATE" if they told us "EARLY JANUARY" and it is now Jan 19th with no shipped units.  There is no debating that.

I hate to say this, but Icebreaker was right.  He predicted we wouldn't see machines until Feb.

if you are really sure that ice is right then just try to keep your mouth shut. ice and his baby jets are late more than any other asic producer in whole asic history. Volcanic, i always found your writings interesting, but taking preference to ice you just are going to far.
some times ago (some months) i had to make decision between CT and HF  and i decided to choose CT. this deal goes about several 10k of $ and i am still not unhappy that i decided for CT.
YES!!!! they are late, but not such late as HF (preferred asicminerproducer of icebreaker). and price is better... i think that all those producers have their problems but CT is still in acceptable delay. if my terras are not shipped until first week (early january batch)of february, maybe i will think like you: just negative. but in one thing i am very sure: CT will be earlier as HF with any units.

Ordering ANY product and expecting them late is LAUGHABLE, they were marketing on the fact that other ASIC manufactures had problems with late shipments and said they would be different. 

no, its laughable to order from asic-vendors and expecting them to deliver right at their promised delivery date. THATS LAUGHABLE and NAIVE.

So you guys are saying "What did you expect?  Its an asic company!  We should have expected them to fail!" 
yeah nice logic there... good job at defending cointerra, idiots

I like how the entire bitcoin community has been conditioned to just lay down and take it in the ass from these asic manufactures.  

@ImI & @Plato14: yeah! some kind of way you are right! but one simple way not!!! do you understand that some (most of those who ordered by CT) did not count that they are in time, but they were SURE that CT will be one of the firstones who is abel to ship miners with this prices with 2 TH?
i think we are somewhere, where 3 different worlds are meeting: 1. producers (maybe they knew that they will have delay); 2. People who ordered their miners (They invested real money, were not begging it together over forums or ebay, and counted with eventual delay); and 3. Beggars/criticers (anyway... the have nothing to say, because they do not have say anything... they are just scammers or they will end up in 0 profit.)
witch classification are you? none of them?
sorry, then just try to be quiet and let things go as they will go.

dumb comments are not welcome here.

Thanks! and sorry about my bad englisch.

Enjoy your life!
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:01:38 PM

if you are really sure that ice is right then just try to keep your mouth shut. ice and his baby jets are late more than any other asic producer in whole asic history.

Sorry noob, but you're wrong.

dumb comments are not welcome here.

Ever considered taking your own advice?
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:08:39 PM

Well since you have so much extra 'access' why don't you tell us wtf is going on over there, and if you're such  big buyer i don't know why you're acting so cool and collected about this and defending them, you should be more angry than anyone on this forum.

put this into context.  i ordered a lot of hashfast systems and they're more than 3 months late(!)  and I'm not angry at them either.  Sure, I'm negotiating with them - in good faith - as to what happens now, as i feel I've overpaid with my order compared to when I'm going to receive it.  i paid a lot more, per gh for my hashfast systems than i did for my cointerra systems on the basis that the hashfast ones were sposed to arrive 2-3 months ahead of the cointerra ones.  Cointerra by comparison was a bargain - especially now that it looks like they both could ship in the same few week window, yet one was significantly cheaper than the other.  had hashfast delivered in october, that too would've been well priced... and it was on that basis that i ordered from them.

I'm definitely not angry at cointerra as they're not even late yet... and I'm still hopeful that the january batch will ship in january - they still have two weeks left (to start shipping, at least).  if it slips into february i won't be angry at them either.. as thats part of the deal i signed up to.  if they delay til march or april, i will probably start to get more anxious!  but angry... no, not ever!

if i was ordering new equipment, NOW, i couldn't get it in the same timeframe, at a similar price.

btw, if anyone does want to cancel their batch 1 hashfast or batch 1 cointerra, let me know... as i might want to buy it !  i can't buy anything cheaper in that delivery timeframe.

And if you don´t have funds to buy them anymore, then i will buy them! just PM to me and we are in deal!
you are just hitting the point: its not only keeping the shipping terms (of course its important and would be nice), more important is who is delivering first!
i will buy any early order of CT with reasonable price.

you are not really right. HF is not late only few weeks. they are late months. what you mean is that they are few weeks over their (full) customer-protection-plan... there is a big difference!

Enjoy your life!
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: