Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230763 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:59:29 PM

Whats going on with Cointerra, anybody know? They seem to be awfully quiet.

KNC was exact the same in august/september
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:39:38 AM

Whats going on with Cointerra, anybody know? They seem to be awfully quiet.

because they're dumping your btc to exit.

Its so easy to scam in this community.

I don't have any Bitcoins to give them. Just wondered what was going on.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:26:12 AM

HEY U GUYZ, ACTIVEMINING IS BEING SUPER SECRETIVE SO COMPANIES LIKE U DONT LERN ANYTHING FROM OUR OPERASHUNS.  KEN MIGHT HAVE 100TH/S RUNNING RIGHT NOW BUT DOESNT WWANT U TO FIND OUT CAUSE IT MIGHT GIVE U AN EDGE.  FUCK WE R AWESUM.  BTW CAN ANYONE LEND ME 2 DOLLARZ?

sharpspoon

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:27:43 PM

Anyone had any luck recently with contacting Cointerra by email/forum/PM/telephone?  I've made several attempts and had no luck.  It also appears they are moderating their forum posts on http://forum.cointerra.com/ which is totally fine by me but at least dedicate a person to moderate them.  It's not like they are dealing with thousands of posts.  Being legit in my book means hiring some extra staff to respond to legitimate customer requests during normal working hours.  

they have ignored several emails from me for two weeks now.  prior to my purchase they answered within an hour on several occasions.

Yea, don't know why they don't hire some extra minions Smiley

Hello,
We are experiencing an exceptionally high volume of both phone and email support requests. We are actively training additional support staff, but currently we do have a backlog of emails and voice mails. Our support is staffed for phone support during business hours (Central time) but due to high call volume you may still reach our voice mail at times.

The CoinTerra Team

How long is your backlog?  I was told a supervisor would contact me TWO WEEKS ago and I am still waiting.  You found the time and staff to launch your hosting services in the meantime.  Maybe you should stop launching new things until you can adequately service your existing customers.  You owe me money.  I doubt you would be so patient if our roles were reversed. 

It has now been 25 days since I was promised a supervisor would contact me and I have heard NOTHING!  This, after spending a LOT of money, enough to hire a full time employee to deal exclusively with me.  Cointerra, you owe me money and are ignoring me for almost a MONTH!  Do I really need to get an attorney to have my issue even acknowledged???  I've never threatened a lawsuit in my life so far but this is FUCKING BULLSHIT.  I would have spent SO much more on you.  Penny stupid, dollar stupid.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 11:33:52 PM

Anyone had any luck recently with contacting Cointerra by email/forum/PM/telephone?  I've made several attempts and had no luck.  It also appears they are moderating their forum posts on http://forum.cointerra.com/ which is totally fine by me but at least dedicate a person to moderate them.  It's not like they are dealing with thousands of posts.  Being legit in my book means hiring some extra staff to respond to legitimate customer requests during normal working hours.  

they have ignored several emails from me for two weeks now.  prior to my purchase they answered within an hour on several occasions.

Yea, don't know why they don't hire some extra minions Smiley

Hello,
We are experiencing an exceptionally high volume of both phone and email support requests. We are actively training additional support staff, but currently we do have a backlog of emails and voice mails. Our support is staffed for phone support during business hours (Central time) but due to high call volume you may still reach our voice mail at times.

The CoinTerra Team

How long is your backlog?  I was told a supervisor would contact me TWO WEEKS ago and I am still waiting.  You found the time and staff to launch your hosting services in the meantime.  Maybe you should stop launching new things until you can adequately service your existing customers.  You owe me money.  I doubt you would be so patient if our roles were reversed. 

It has now been 25 days since I was promised a supervisor would contact me and I have heard NOTHING!  This, after spending a LOT of money, enough to hire a full time employee to deal exclusively with me.  Cointerra, you owe me money and are ignoring me for almost a MONTH!  Do I really need to get an attorney to have my issue even acknowledged???  I've never threatened a lawsuit in my life so far but this is FUCKING BULLSHIT.  I would have spent SO much more on you.  Penny stupid, dollar stupid.

This doesn't sound good but maybe it's just an oversite.  Although I did hear they taped out over a month late.  I don't know if that's correct or not.  Also if Cointerra did have problems then they wouldn't announce so until the boards were actually late.  So as not to effect any more pre-orders they'll receive until the new year.

sharpspoon

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:42:31 PM

(Oct 26 or 27)
[I contacted Cointerra using their contact form.]

(Oct. 31)
Hello, I sent you a message several days ago and have not yet received a response. Can you confirm that you received it and please respond to it?

Thank you

(Nov 01)
The only messages I see from you were from back on [XXX] and they have been responded to. I assume you sent something more recent than that? What channel did you use to send us the message? I believe we may not be getting some messages routed properly. Any information you can provide would be helpful.

What was your message concerning, I would be glad to assist you know that we have a working communication.

Thank you. Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

~ CoinTerra Support

(Nov 01)
[Restated my original message.]

(Nov 04)

Please allow me to introduce you to my supervisor Peter, who I have cc'ed on this email. He will be the appropriate agent to handle your requests.

Thank you. Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

~ CoinTerra Support

=======================
(Nov. 7)
Hello John,

It has now been several more days.  When can I expect to be contacted by your supervisor?  I do not see a CC on your message.

Thank you

(Nov. 13)
Hello, it has been 9 days since you told me your supervisor would contact me.  When will I be contacted and have my concerns addressed??

(Nov 15)
[Cointerra sends mass emails announcing the launch of their hosting plans.]

(Nov. 20)
It has now been 13 days that you have not responded to any of my several emails.  Why are you ignoring my emails Cointerra???  When will you respond?  Your ignoring me does not instill confidence and is quite offensive after spending considerable money with you.  You are not leaving me many options.

(Nov. 21)
I have written you several times since you promised a supervisor would contact me TWO WEEKS ago.  You have not responded to a single one of those emails.  I just posted about this 2 week delay in your forum about it and you seem to have deleted my post.  

Why did you delete my post??  Why do you have time to delete posts but not respond to them?  WHEN WILL YOUR SUPERVISOR CONTACT ME as you promised???  Your support was fast and helpful prior to my purchase.  What happened???  It feels like you are running off with my money.  Butterfly Labs responded faster than you do.  This is no way to treat a customer, particularly one who was (past tense) planning to spend considerably more money with you.  There is no excuse to ignore me for two full weeks.  Please live up to your word and have a supervisor respond to my email.

===========

Still no response from the Cointerra supervisor after 25 days and my original request was over a month ago.

I'll add that they did not delete my forum post: http://forum.cointerra.com/threads/cointerra-ignoring-customers-2-weeks-with-no-response.137/

Lesson:  DO NOT INVEST IN COINTERRA.  This is the advice I've had no choice but to give my investors and mining group for the last month.
sharpspoon

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:55:14 PM

This doesn't sound good but maybe it's just an oversite.  

I wish I believed that

Sad
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:11:03 AM

I can't speak for what's happening on the hardware end, but, there is still heaps of work going on behind the scenes by myself and their engineers writing software for their fpga communication board and the cgminer driver, so I very much doubt we're working on nothing (especially since I'm getting paid to write said code).

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:23:07 AM

I can't speak for what's happening on the hardware end, but, there is still heaps of work going on behind the scenes by myself and their engineers writing software for their fpga communication board and the cgminer driver, so I very much doubt we're working on nothing (especially since I'm getting paid to write said code).

good to know but knc is eating their lunch (I've no dog in this fight but customer relations is a plus esp if they want to compete against KNC imho)

got no dog in this fight .....might be interested in these units...but this silence on their part is daunting

so above is just in case someone with any clout from cointerra reads this thread.....

my 2c worth in passing by

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sharpspoon

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:37:59 AM

good to know but knc is eating their lunch (I've no dog in this fight but customer relations is a plus esp if they want to compete against KNC imho)

got no dog in this fight .....might be interested in these units...but this silence on their part is daunting

so above is just in case someone with any clout from cointerra reads this thread.....

Searing

We have been VERY happy and successful with our KNC purchases, for the record.  We just ordered 3TH rigs a few days ago with what had been previously set aside for Cointerra purchases.  As things stand, I'd advise anyone else debating between the two companies to go with the obvious. 

Thanks for your 2c Smiley
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:44:00 AM

Searing

coummunication with knc was a complete desaster at the beginning. they slowly got better, but august/september were not good.

and especially the first days of october without orama nobody would have had any information at all.

additionaly the timeframe between tapeout and chips arrival hasnt so much newsworthy details. its basically waiting for the chips. thats it.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:51:07 AM

Searing

We have been VERY happy and successful with our KNC purchases, for the record.  We just ordered 3TH rigs a few days ago with what had been previously set aside for Cointerra purchases.  As things stand, I'd advise anyone else debating between the two companies to go with the obvious. 

Thanks for your 2c Smiley

After the special batch of Neptune's for previous October delivery customers.  I can see the second and public batch for them selling out extremely fast.

sharpspoon

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:53:26 AM

That is good to know, thank you for chiming in.  Unfortunately, among other things, Cointerra owes me money, which I owe to my investing group, that we would like to have, and would have, re-invested over a month ago.  Their delay cost us a lot of money already and continues to cost us more.  My concern was never whether their hardware will exist or not, however that has now become a growing concern based on their punctuality struggles with both tapeout and customer support response time.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:58:07 AM

That is good to know, thank you for chiming in.  Unfortunately, among other things, Cointerra owes me money, which I owe to my investing group, that we would like to have, and would have, re-invested over a month ago.  Their delay cost us a lot of money already and continues to cost us more.  My concern was never whether their hardware will exist or not, however that has now become a growing concern based on their punctuality struggles with both tapeout and customer support response time.
You have made a lot of serious accusations and have posted no proof other than a string of messages that do not say anything at all.   Perhaps, you should post something that will make us believe you. 

sharpspoon

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:03:00 AM

You have made a lot of serious accusations and have posted no proof other than a string of messages that do not say anything at all.   Perhaps, you should post something that will make us believe you.  

First, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Second, I welcome Cointerra to the discussion.  That's my goal, in fact.  All I want is for them to address my issue.  

*edit* should say "resolve" but "addressing" after a month would be a start
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:06:11 AM

You have made a lot of serious accusations and have posted no proof other than a string of messages that do not say anything at all.   Perhaps, you should post something that will make us believe you. 
Second, I welcome Cointerra to the discussion.  That's my goal, in fact.  All I want is for them to address my issue. 
That is what I figured.  You are full of it.   There is probably a good reason they do not keep calling you back (your own posts indicate they did respond and you wanted your "demand" escalated to a "supervisor").    Hmmm, who should I believe.  Someone like Con who has been altruistic toward miners for years, or someone who just jammed up an account two weeks ago to post smack comments.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 01:10:18 AM

Second, I welcome Cointerra to the discussion.  That's my goal, in fact.  All I want is for them to address my issue. 
That is what I figured.  You are full of it.   There is probably a good reason they do not keep calling you back (your own posts indicate they did respond and you wanted your "demand" escalated to a "supervisor").    Hmmm, who should I believe.  Someone like Con who has been altruistic toward miners for years, or someone who just jammed up an account two weeks ago to post smack comments.

Who do you think sent him HF or BFL  Grin

sharpspoon

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:11:35 AM

What demand?  And what proof would even suffice.  Cointerra posts in this thread.  They could very easily call me out as a liar but they won't, because they can't.  I waited over 2 weeks before even mentioning this publicly.
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:35:19 AM

We'd like to take a moment to address sharpspoon's concerns:

Firstly - we would like to apologize to sharpspoon for any miscommunication or lack of communication on CoinTerra’s part. We’ve already reached out to him directly this evening via a Private Message and a senior member of the management team will look into his specific situation and resolve it as quickly as possible.

Secondly - and this is not a "the dog ate my homework" excuse - but we've done some investigation and we *think* we know why sharpspoon's issue wasn't responded to when it was supposedly escalated to senior management. I was reluctant to go into the details but in the interest of transparency here goes:  When our Tier 2 (escalated) customer service expert cc'd (it's a blind cc, only viewable internally) a member of the management team asking him to personally look into the issue, he left the ticket 'open' (as opposed to 'resolved', which is what we do when we close a ticket). It appears that in our Customer Support software, when you do that, the ticket stays in ‘open’ limbo and doesn't forward the cc until the ticket is finally closed (resolved) - which only happens when the issue has been fixed satisfactorily for the customer. We are going to look into this and find a solution, if it is indeed what I suspect the problem is.

Thirdly - yes it is true that we have been inundated with inquiries over the past two weeks, due to the massive surge in world-wide interest in the Bitcoin ecosystem as the BTC price has skyrocketed, and that has directed a huge amount of traffic to CoinTerra: This has been very much a double-edged sword!

As soon as we saw the surge in inquiries we took action to add significantly to our Customer Service team, both on phone support and web/email tickets.  However, it does take a little time to train new staff up to be able to respond to issues, and the fact that the more senior customer service team members needed to spend time training the new members meant that they weren't able to be as effective as they normally are at responding to issues.

In response to that situation we had more senior staff roll up their sleeves to help to clear the backlog. Those of you with open tickets may well have noticed our responses through the Thanksgiving holiday, and we have now caught up to the point where there are no "unassigned" tickets up to Wednesday evening when we officially closed for the holidays.  There are still a number of escalated tickets where additional steps are required to resolve the matter (e.g. if someone made a mistake on their wire transfer such as a misspelling or wrong address, which requires investigation.)  We shall endeavor to be fully caught-up on these as quickly as possible when the offices re-open on Monday.

Finally, we'd like to thank sharpspoon for pointing out that we did not, in fact, delete any of his posts on our forum. We will occasionally move a post if it is in the wrong sub-forum (or should be in a more appropriate sub-forum), and we will, of course, remove any spam that gets through or any content that is illegal/profane/highly offensive - normal forum moderation stuff. But we do not have a policy of censoring free speech.

We hope this goes some way to explain the situation. Of course, actions speak louder than words, so we would hope that sharpspoon will let the community know when he's been in contact with our senior management, and when his issue has been resolved.

Have a happy Rest-Of-Thanksgiving weekend!

== The CoinTerra Support Team ==

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:46:42 AM

Wow, impressively long.  Sounds like you actually care.  Good job.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: