Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:19:17 PM

Glad you cleared that all up.

Now how's the chip and PCB coming along? Still on track? Smiley

Silicon and PCB are coming along well. It's on track. There will be more updates in the coming weeks..

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:20:59 PM

Silicon and PCB are coming along well. It's on track. There will be more updates in the coming weeks..

Great work, thanks.

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:00:42 PM

Yes, your failure to understand the difference between raw performance and underlying technology is hilarious.  Derp!

Who said anything about "lousy?"  Not I; my KnC group buys are mining me plenty of Bitcoins, so don't worry your silly little head about that!  Cheesy

OTOH, the chips in those KnC machines are about 1/3 as efficient as HashFast's on a GH/sqmm basis.  Because KnC chips are FPGA copies.

I know math is hard for you and you don't understand what an "FPGA copy" is, much less why HashFast's chip is more advanced.

Just forget about all the confusing things going on under the hood and focus solely on the output, like a good consumer.  Leave the icky details to us hardware nerds and you'll do fine!

I bumped into Sam from KnCMiner today (and Andreas, 'Orama et al)...

(at the BitcoinExpo in London...  they popped in.. didnt stay long.. but we had a nice chat)

I asked Sam point blank, to clarify.. are their chips FPGA copies (ie: eAsics) !? and he said NO, definitely not.  They are Standard Cell asics, just like everyone else.    So enough with the silly claims.

Most of all, their chips were built conservatively, and designed to run reliably.  And they shipped on time, with something that works, with a new version about to ship thats even faster.  Theyre saying 650 GH (min) for the new Jupiter (same chips, optimised board design).  And they think it might have some extra reserve of power, yet to be discovered...

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:15:13 PM

Yes, your failure to understand the difference between raw performance and underlying technology is hilarious.  Derp!

Who said anything about "lousy?"  Not I; my KnC group buys are mining me plenty of Bitcoins, so don't worry your silly little head about that!  Cheesy

OTOH, the chips in those KnC machines are about 1/3 as efficient as HashFast's on a GH/sqmm basis.  Because KnC chips are FPGA copies.

I know math is hard for you and you don't understand what an "FPGA copy" is, much less why HashFast's chip is more advanced.

Just forget about all the confusing things going on under the hood and focus solely on the output, like a good consumer.  Leave the icky details to us hardware nerds and you'll do fine!

(at the BitcoinExpo in London...  they popped in.. didnt stay long.. but we had a nice chat)

I asked Sam point blank, to clarify.. are their chips FPGA copies (ie: eAsics) !? and he said NO, definitely not.  They are Standard Cell asics, just like everyone else.    So enough with the silly claims.

Most of all, their chips were built conservatively, and designed to run reliably.  And they shipped on time, with something that works, with a new version about to ship thats even faster.  Theyre saying 650 GH (min) for the new Jupiter (same chips, optimised board design).  And they think it might have some extra reserve of power, yet to be discovered...

Don't even bother quoting him in future AFAIK HF don't even have a chip yet so any attempts to try and say it's a better chip are pointless. 

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:35:09 PM

Don't even bother quoting him in future AFAIK HF don't even have a chip yet so any attempts to try and say it's a better chip are pointless. 

The world is not (thank goodness) bound by how little you know:

Just received directly from John. It's still hot  Cheesy

Boards should come this next week, so lets hope we see a Babyjet running soon  Wink

Cointerra won't have chips in-hand before next year.  HashFast's chips are done, and now in the process of board bring-up.

Ignoring me won't change those cold, hard facts.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:40:43 PM

hope you guys aren't falling for all this 'more senior level'  'personally take a look into the matter' absolute bs corpcrap speak

they don't even have a product and they are talking about senior... senior to what??  knowing a few specs on a webpage?

HasfFast are just assclowns.. CoinTerra are professional scammers

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:41:47 PM

Cointerra won't have chips in-hand before next year.  HashFast's chips are done, and now in the process of board bring-up.

that's a piece of felt.. what are you hashing with that?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:52:06 PM

that's a piece of felt.. what are you hashing with that?

Cointerra won't have their screenprinted pieces of felt until next year.   Grin

Keep pretending HashFast's chips aren't within hours or days of their first shares being submitted.

I'll be sure to remind everyone, after every post you make, that your credibility is zero and your bad-faith amply demonstrated.

You've been here a long time, an entire month more than me.  What a shame to turn yourself into disgraced clown just for the sake of your beloved Haterade.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:13:09 AM

I won't quote the troll but how can he claim HF chips are superior when they still don't even have a working one yet.  The hashrate for HF and CT's chips also are just still estimates.  While KNC downplayed their estimates it'll be interesting to see what HF and CT can actually deliver. 

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:27:51 AM

I won't quote the troll but how can he claim HF chips are superior when they still don't even have a working one yet.  The hashrate for HF and CT's chips also are just still estimates.  While KNC downplayed their estimates it'll be interesting to see what HF and CT can actually deliver. 

It's not trolling to discuss Cointerra chips (or lack thereof) on a Cointerra thread.

Calling someone a troll for disagreeing with you is a great way to forfeit the argument while demonstrating your lack of maturity, intellect, and honesty.

You think KnC is the only company cagey enough to downplay their estimates?   Roll Eyes   Cheesy

You think HF's complete and delivered chips are comparable to Cointerra's 2014 vaporware?   Roll Eyes   Cheesy

Just received directly from John. It's still hot  Cheesy

Boards should come this next week, so lets hope we see a Babyjet running soon  Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:29:22 AM

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:37:48 AM

Awesome!  Now everyone except CoinTerra and ActM have chips.

Too bad they missed the boat and can never swim fast enough to catch it.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 09:47:12 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 10:57:08 AM by Gyrsur

just a "stupid" question for an investor. is refund possible with CoinTerra according to their business rules?

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:12:31 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 12:32:07 PM by Gator-hex

(at the BitcoinExpo in London...  they popped in.. didnt stay long.. but we had a nice chat)

When I saw KnCs 28nm perfomance per watt was no greater than a bunch of BitFury's 55nm chips, I suspected it was an FPGA to ASIC HardCopy too. The benefits are that it's faster/easier/less risky to make this way but it's at the cost of performance. If I wanted to beat the competition to market the HardCopy route is what I would have done. It will be interesting to see how other 28nm ASICs perform.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:28:21 PM

just a "stupid" question for an investor. is refund possible with CoinTerra according to their business rules?

I'm pretty sure cointerra would welcome refunds with wide open arms.  They priced their products according to a $120 bitcoin economy, and are now building severely underpriced products to fill their orders.  For someone to demand a fiat refund would be incredible profit for them, because now they have an extra machine..
with a $1000 bitcoin price, these machines are the geese that lay the golden eggs. They don't want to let them go.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 06:30:11 PM

People have sent me offers for $12000 each for my 2 th orders.

Iv said no so far.

thank you. I see but if CoinTerra fails to deliver until a specific date how will you get your fiat back to order from others? that is my point and question if it is possible to get the fiat back if they fails to deliver e.g. until 3/31/2014.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:35:22 PM

So cointerra, you said 65 days to send in an expedited order to the fab. You claim to tape out in November, so that puts chips arriving in Jan at best. How are you saying you are still on schedule?  Are you learning from the Hashfast school of project management?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
aerobatic

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:31:40 PM

So cointerra, you said 65 days to send in an expedited order to the fab. You claim to tape out in November, so that puts chips arriving in Jan at best. How are you saying you are still on schedule?  Are you learning from the Hashfast school of project management?

where/when did cointerra say 65 days for an expedited order?
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:35:19 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300469.msg3221155#msg3221155

<snip>
Significant payments made to fab to expedite process from usual 90+ days to 65 days.
</snip>

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
aerobatic

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:42:56 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300469.msg3221155#msg3221155

<snip>
Significant payments made to fab to expedite process from usual 90+ days to 65 days.
</snip>

Ah, that was wayyyy back in September... when they expected to tape out in october... and in reality they taped out in early Nov, a month later than planned ;-)

they presumably paid even more expedite fees to speed things up even faster to make up for lost time... since on Nov 8th, when they announced tape-out, they still expected (and announced) they would get their chips back in december, which as you rightly say, wouldnt be possible if they were still on the 65 day schedule... so there must be faster expedite options (that are commensurately more expensive im sure).  Perhaps 45-50 day?   How many layers are we talking about?  50?  how many days per layer...?  0.8? 0.7?

lets wait for an official statement...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: