Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230791 times)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:53:57 PM

Oh look, the video was all of a sudden removed. 

I just checked and it is still there Wink
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:05:13 PM

Works now.
This whole situation is like watching Kim Jong Un allowing Dennis Rodman to eat the first porkchop while everybody sits and waits for nothing.

Thanks guys!  Great work you're doing here!  Lets see an average customer actually receive a unit now, not some bitcoin celeb.

Oh right!  The average customer is the one getting screwed up the ass!   Cheesy

dprophet

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:51:52 AM

Either way dprohpet I take it your in Austin?  I'll be up there at Boost Logic in a week or so bringing my car up.  I'd love to see the setup in person (maybe you will have the others) or if you can get me a walk through of Cointerra (i know you guys/gals watch but maybe I'll get a PM/email).  

Austin?  No, New York City area.  I thought it was quite obvious from others postings as they recognized me from TV.  I am a Developer in the Financial Industry.  You are more than welcome to see it if you are in the NYC area.  Better hurry as I will be moving the machine to its more permanent home at my mining colo in PA where electricity costs $0.077 versus $0.24

nice find

Didnt know I was hiding.  I made public postings on Satoshi Square and BTC New York.  I am publicly active in cryptocurrencies so not a surprise someone recognized me.

Lets see an average customer actually receive a unit now, not some bitcoin celeb.

Got a good laugh out of that one.  Didnt know that 1 TV showing = celeb status.  People know me, yes I dont hide who I am, but a celeb?  Hum.....

I am not the first customer.  Jake Gostylo was their first customer that picked up his stuff in-person.  Seems to me he fits the bill of the "average customer".  Truth be told, when I release new software products I hand pick my first customers based on their level of knowledge and support overhead.  Seems Jake and myself are both developers and fit this description.  I have had several "technically challenged" first adopter/customer over my years and it is not a pleasant experience.

On a side note, any good recommendations for a "my cgminer crashed" monitor.  Something that will watch many systems via the cgminer rpc port?  Like a Nagios bitcoin miner plugin or something similar.  MultiMiner + MobileMiner work the best IMO.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:17:09 AM

Either way dprohpet I take it your in Austin?  I'll be up there at Boost Logic in a week or so bringing my car up.  I'd love to see the setup in person (maybe you will have the others) or if you can get me a walk through of Cointerra (i know you guys/gals watch but maybe I'll get a PM/email).  

Austin?  No, New York City area.  I thought it was quite obvious from others postings as they recognized me from TV.  I am a Developer in the Financial Industry.  You are more than welcome to see it if you are in the NYC area.  Better hurry as I will be moving the machine to its more permanent home at my mining colo in PA where electricity costs $0.077 versus $0.24

nice find

Didnt know I was hiding.  I made public postings on Satoshi Square and BTC New York.  I am publicly active in cryptocurrencies so not a surprise someone recognized me.

Lets see an average customer actually receive a unit now, not some bitcoin celeb.

Got a good laugh out of that one.  Didnt know that 1 TV showing = celeb status.  People know me, yes I dont hide who I am, but a celeb?  Hum.....

I am not the first customer.  Jake Gostylo was their first customer that picked up his stuff in-person.  Seems to me he fits the bill of the "average customer".  Truth be told, when I release new software products I hand pick my first customers based on their level of knowledge and support overhead.  Seems Jake and myself are both developers and fit this description.  I have had several "technically challenged" first adopter/customer over my years and it is not a pleasant experience.

On a side note, any good recommendations for a "my cgminer crashed" monitor.  Something that will watch many systems via the cgminer rpc port?  Like a Nagios bitcoin miner plugin or something similar.  MultiMiner + MobileMiner work the best IMO.
Hey, which colo do you use?  I'm in the NYC area as well and have been trying to figure out what the most affordable colo is since my power system really can't handle this new power requirement, so far I've been thinking about Utah and Texas since power costs are relatively low there, but if PA is an option I'd love to know.

That said, I really do wonder where the hell in the order queue I am then, I was under the impression that the vast majority of December orders got converted to January orders and I believe I'm one of the first orders after they switched to the $14K price tier (from the original 16K price).  I'm really curious just how many people would still be in line ahead of me at this point, but this is really disappointing how insanely slowly they're shipping-are the units that problematic?

Anyways, did CT send you a tracking number in advance?  Or do these units just show up randomly?
testerx

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:25:00 AM

BFL started in a garage with no experience. Cointerra has massive the experience and are close to their target window.  Even as important as the experience levels I saw at Cointerra: a lot of passion and a "by the book" approach.  He isnt who I thought he would be.  A startup company with a pushover CEO wont go far and Ravi is far from that.  He wouldnt let me take the 1st machine on the plane with me unless I paid Texas the 8% sales tax even though my shipping was New York.  Ravi is a hard-as$ and I mean that with respect.
I thought you said you got the machine shipped to you, did you pay the 8% or did you get it shipped?Huh
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:25:00 AM

Austin?  No, New York City area.  I thought it was quite obvious from others postings as they recognized me from TV.  I am a Developer in the Financial Industry.  You are more than welcome to see it if you are in the NYC area.  Better hurry as I will be moving the machine to its more permanent home at my mining colo in PA where electricity costs $0.077 versus $0.24

nice find

Didnt know I was hiding.  I made public postings on Satoshi Square and BTC New York.  I am publicly active in cryptocurrencies so not a surprise someone recognized me.

Got a good laugh out of that one.  Didnt know that 1 TV showing = celeb status.  People know me, yes I dont hide who I am, but a celeb?  Hum.....

I am not the first customer.  Jake Gostylo was their first customer that picked up his stuff in-person.  Seems to me he fits the bill of the "average customer".  Truth be told, when I release new software products I hand pick my first customers based on their level of knowledge and support overhead.  Seems Jake and myself are both developers and fit this description.  I have had several "technically challenged" first adopter/customer over my years and it is not a pleasant experience.

On a side note, any good recommendations for a "my cgminer crashed" monitor.  Something that will watch many systems via the cgminer rpc port?  Like a Nagios bitcoin miner plugin or something similar.  MultiMiner + MobileMiner work the best IMO.

Honestly I disregard some post just because usually it's the same thing over and over LOL!  Now that I look back sure enough you are right. 

Hell I'd be doomed just living without miners at that rate.  At .12 I am thankful we can do that year around averaging which I'll take the $350 a month over 600-700 in the summer months.  Mine spend their lives in our datacenter and at my shop lol. 

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:16:36 PM

did anyone else get tracking besides dprophet?

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:08:22 PM

FWIW two cointerra rigs arrived today at my hosting facility and are now hashing away.  No tracking number, they just arrived.

Will

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:12:22 PM

FWIW two cointerra rigs arrived today at my hosting facility and are now hashing away.  No tracking number, they just arrived.

Will

december batch?
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:21:16 PM

Will

december batch?

Yes, early December batch.

for proof.  Got a few more expected over the next few days.

Will

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:35:16 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 11:41:27 PM by gmaxwell

What are the hashrate and temperature?
Did you paid with BTC?

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:39:38 PM

nice to see some into the wild!
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:50:41 PM

Will

A pic of you shaking hands with Ravi, or it didnt happen.
Wink
btcnoodle

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:37:04 AM

Will

december batch?

Yes, early December batch.

https://i.imgur.com/wBKlNiT.png

for proof.  Got a few more expected over the next few days.

Will

That's the pic I've been waiting to see. Thanks Will, I can now visualize my BFL mules living peacefully in the same pasture with my hopefully-soon-to-arrive CT stallion.
testerx

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:20:09 AM

did anyone else get tracking besides dprophet?
i got an e-mail a few hours ago saying my units will go out this week. but no, no tracking numbers.
I thought you were all in January batch or do you still have December units?
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:11:09 AM

Is there any info on the Terraminer II, like spec's? All I have found is for the Terraminer IV.
testerx

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:46:39 AM

Hmm...I just got an e-mail back saying that the December units will finish going out on Monday and only then will the January units be shipping which is pretty different than what goat was told.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:53:51 AM

early jan batch here, and no e-mail.

dprophet

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:47:54 AM

Hey, which colo do you use?  I'm in the NYC area as well and have been trying to figure out what the most affordable colo is since my power system really can't handle this new power requirement, so far I've been thinking about Utah and Texas since power costs are relatively low there, but if PA is an option I'd love to know.

Anyways, did CT send you a tracking number in advance?  Or do these units just show up randomly?

I built my own colo in PA.

You will get an email like "Your order is complete" with the UPS tracking number.

On a side note, these standalone mine an ALT coin and rip it to shreds.  I was decimating Battlecoin last night.  You need to tweak the queue size to get it to work without getting spammed with pool 0 not giving work fast enough.  Once you do it kills the SHA ALT coins.

Word of advice to all you new miners.  Dont mine BTC.  Mine ALT coins and trade for BTC.  Much better returns.  I am not sure why people panic over BTC difficulty when the real returns are in trading, not mining.  If done correctly the mining just offsets any negative trades while your positive trades beat the returns off of just mining BTC directly.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

On a side note, these standalone mine an ALT coin and rip it to shreds.  I was decimating Battlecoin last night.  You need to tweak the queue size to get it to work without getting spammed with pool 0 not giving work fast enough.  Once you do it kills the SHA ALT coins.

Should you increase the difficulty of the work you are asking for to avoid the 'not fast enough' issue?
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: