Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we buy the 100% HashRate upgrade at 25% extra cost?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [**OPEN**]R2B:HashFast + Host, Dbl. HashRate Upgrade, $43, 10-13GH/s MPP  (Read 35648 times)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:56:55 PM

Well HashFast #616 is my vote now.
2nded.
I dont have any hashfasts signed up for my location yet!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Commandermk

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:27:51 PM

I'm in for Hashfast!
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:28:56 PM

Hashfast with miner protection is the best option, from what I read they will go down as low as $2.80 a GH/s!
That puts us at par with cointerra, and something tells me HF will ship sooner.
Bitmine is still too expensive to upgrade though that might change,
KnC ( very happy that they are almost shipping!) but no upgrade.

My choice is made
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:39:46 PM

Thanks Dave! Vote noted and recorded. I believe that now makes it 11 votes for HashFast, 1 for Cointerra. (Feel free to check my math as working on a phone is hard)

10 votes needed to trigger a Hashfast Aug. 9 order win, at $150 per at-cost share + 1% BTCrow escrow fee ($1.50) at-cost for escrow protection because I haven't traded with the seller of Paid Order 616 on August 9, so far. (FWIW: R1 gents paid $155 per at-cost share w/ John K. Escrow for our Aug. 18, Order 991 pre-order, for an order paid 9 days later; in other words: a pretty darn good deal)

13 public votes outstanding, 15 votes under my stewardship held for late voting by tonight if it's not resolved.

I've confirmed with the Order 616 Seller that he intends to sell "at-cost". There was some currency fluctuations with his local currency but I'm not too concerned about the price difference & will make it up out of pocket if necessary.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:49:06 PM

I say after we have this done you begin #3, and ill start off it when your ready with 1BTC paid share for however much Ghash
baros008

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:52:21 PM

re-voting my re-vote - Hashfast looks like good opportunity
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:19:44 PM

re-voting my re-vote - Hashfast looks like good opportunity

Noted. Thank you!

12 votes for HashFast, 1 for Cointerra.

9 votes needed for HashFast for automatic win (less votes may be needed if all other options are mathematically eliminated).
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:22:01 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 08:54:50 PM by DyslexicZombei

I say after we have this done you begin #3, and ill start off it when your ready with 1BTC paid share for however much Ghash

Ok, we'll see.  Grin

Who knows: this at-cost share concept is very fair to the Buyer while still having protection for the GBC, so if there's enough demand there could be a R3 DZ GB sooner rather than later.

Please shoot me a PM if you're interested in a R3 GB; there could be enough demand for another miner for those that missed out on at-cost shares for Round 2 or for those that wanted to buy more shares in Round 2.

As usual, I don't make any or much profit from GB shares: it's more of a service to our community to bring buyers together so we can get the best values and tech for our dollar/BTC without a markup, as if we were buying it ourselves.

==

BTW, this particular HashFast Order 616 we're voting on, is only the 64th HashFast miner paid for, meaning that it should be a Day 1 shipment.

Last month's DZ GB R1 HashFast GB purchase for Order 991 was the 419th paid for miner, meaning a likely Day 2-3 shipment depending on how ready they are.

https://hashfast.com/order-chain/
aneutronic

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:23:43 PM

Well I already have one on order and was looking to diversify but this deal shouldn't be passed as it's likely hf will ship before a new knc order.... do it.

Also interested in a R3 GB.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:39:20 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 02:51:56 AM by DyslexicZombei

Well I already have one on order and was looking to diversify but this deal shouldn't be passed as it's likely hf will ship before a new knc order.... do it.

Also interested in a R3 GB.

Excellent! I agree with your assessment as well but I wish KnC all the best as a new friend (Phoenix1969) has quite a few KnCs on order, besides the gentleman that's generously offering us his place in the Q at cost.

19 votes for Hashfast, 1 for Cointerra (I think, please PM me if I have this incorrect).

2 more votes for Hashfast for the automatic win!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:20:10 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 04:30:27 AM by DyslexicZombei

HashFast wins! I voted my 2 votes at the end, since the other voters were shy.  Grin

Details of potential proposed buyout of HashFast Batch 1, Order 616, PM sent to Seller, assuming HashFast wins the vote in a few hours:

"Hey XXXXX,

Hope, you don't mind if we do this through BTCrow Escrow so I can allay fears from the co-operative that you don't bail with everyone's money/BTC. It isn't going to cost you a thing except a few hours to a day at the most since we'll pay the 1% fee.

If it was just between you & I, by now after that free tip you gave me that could've led to a lot of work (it didn't, but I still remember that) I would've just trusted you enough to just pay you directly if it was all up to me and if it was just my money/BTC involved.

The way I was hoping we could set it up is that you would be the Seller on the BTC Escrow site, BTCrow:

1. An Escrowed transaction for the whole sale at BTCrow, with me paying you a lump BTC from everyone's BTC once I receive everyone's BTC (they can do a *separate* escrow for this GB share itself but that's an additional 1.5% fee on top of the 1% fee we're building into the $151.50 share price so that we can have escrow protection and dispute resolution for the buy out of HF Order 616.

2. You'll have to set up a transaction on BTCrow yourself. You can contact me with a BTCrow invoice so I know the exact size BTC payment to make to you. I'll send you a personal address I use for vetting shortly in a separate PM.

3. Please contact Cara, John S., or someone else in sales at HashFast with your request to turn over account control to me and do a shipping change to Order 616.

4. HashFast will contact me via this forum or my personal email address (which they already have on record) for the shipping change.

5. I'm just going to go ahead & name bobsag3 the miner host in Missouri. If there's discord because of this flash decision, we can open up voting shortly for alternate hosting sites in North America.

6. Once I confirm w/ HashFast that the shipping address for Order 616 is changed to our address and control of the account has been given to me, I'll release the funds that are being held at BTCrow.

====

Your guarantee against being ripped off by me is:

You can always contact HashFast to tell them that you got ripped off, in which case, once you provided proof they would have to change the order back to you, and I would probably be banned from future sales at BTCrow, HashFast, & on the GB forum; in other words, it's not going to happen, but it's good that as a Seller on BTCrow that you have both sales protection via contacting HashFast, as well as dispute resolution from a trusted 3rd party: BTCrow.

====

[Disclaimer: I'm an Official BTCrow Escrow Affiliate for those that don't know. Sales at BTCrow are only insured up to $500 each transaction. If necessary: we'll set up a number of $500 worth transactions to complete the escrow protected transaction with insurance for the entire sale via $500 chunks.  Grin ]

==

You could also make a public statement of being ripped off on the thread, with proof, which will kill the thread and any future sales as both a GBC and GBEC from this acct.. I'll list the details of this particular order buy publicly so that the gents know what's going on, as I try to be as open and transparent with them about what's going on, at all times.

Hope this sounds fair & safe enough for you. I welcome any replacement payment & handover methods you might suggest, but I kind of remain firm on the desire to do the escrow thru BTCrow as that's the whole reason I'm an affiliate (to facilitate semi-automated escrowed buys there as a means to make GBs easier) and their prices are cheaper than other similar Western BTC Escrow Services from what I can see.

Cheers!
DZ

=====================

So 2 important pieces of news there:

- I intend to have bobsag3 be our miner host as he's got quite the set up as a double vetted miner host with ultra cheap electricity and bandwidth. Please PM me if you have concerns about this or if you would like to open up voting for our R2 GB Miner. I'm going for speed at the moment, so we have a placeholder address ready to go which will be the likely pro colocation facility.

- I intend to have the buyer set up a transaction for the whole buyout of HF Order 616 at BTCrow so that everyone's protected throughout & there's dispute resolution via 3rd party available to both buyer and seller. It's also cheaper than comparable Western-based BTC Escrow services, as I mentioned earlier.

2 Hours and 35 minutes left before the Miner Manufacturer / Share Price is decided! Unless someone else votes earlier...

Aloha!

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:35:06 AM

1 last thing & I promise to stop jabbering away for a while until new news:

- Another R1 Co-op member, a 4th R1 member, has decided to reserve backup shares in R2.

- I'd like to announce that I'm publicly reserving two shares if any reserve shares are declined by this 4th R1 Co-op member.

I think there will be healthy demand for backup shares for R2 since the shipment is so early compared to comparable available GBs. Please send me a PM if you'd like to be 3rd or 4th in line for backup shares for R2. Tanks!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:12:37 AM

So close! Anyway, I don't need to use votes under my stewardship to finish this vote off. As you probably expected: I vote my 2 shares for HashFast!

Therefore: HashFast is the winner! 21 votes for HF, 1 for CT, 18 Abstaining (AKA chillin')

I'll update the title thread with the new price & info of $151.50 per share.

Wow! Nice turn of events, and it's true that fortune favors the prepare, I suppose. Pats on the back all around gents!

Payments are due by Saturday night, 8PM Hawaii Standard Time or shares are forfeited and fair game for backup share holders such as myself & the 4th R1 DZ GB Co-op memberShocked  Cheesy
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:35:17 AM

We can make the USD/BTC exchange rate on a case by case basis or we can try to figure it out as a group.

I propose Coindesk or Coinbase as proposed BTC exchange sources for this R2 GB and my Co-operative, in general.
aneutronic

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:12:18 AM

We can make the USD/BTC exchange rate on a case by case basis or we can try to figure it out as a group.

I propose Coindesk or Coinbase as proposed BTC exchange sources for this R2 GB and my Co-operative, in general.

I like this one http://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:42:21 PM

I like this one http://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD

That sounds relatively fair although I'm showing their BTC value as higher than both Coindesk *and* Coinbase. As long as we're within 5% either way, I'm fine with this. I just didn't want to end up Mt. Goxed & having to pay an extra 10-15% out of pocket. This buy out of Order 616, of a little more than $6.1K adjusted for the seller's local currency changes, will essentially use up everything we put together; any tiny left over, if any, is going to be directly applied to a UPS/Battery solution, as bobsag3 has redundant power but it's meant for longer outages. One reason he can charge such low hosting prices is he's depending on the miner to decide how much local battery backup/UPS voltage regulation + power filtering protection the client wants for their machine(s).

Guys, please keep sending in the payments for your shares so we can get this buy out taken care of. I'm currently seeing about 10.4BTC in the wallet for this buyout: 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH

This is the wallet that we'll be transferring funds from when the buyout transaction is set up. I already have about 8BTC in mcxNOW shares there I'll sell for my share of the BTC when ready. I had 0.538 BTC in this wallet prior to GB R2 deposits. I confirmed the price with the buyer; we just need to gather up all our funds (deadline for payment is tomorrow night: Saturday, 8PM HST or your shares are forfeited to the next person in line) and set up the escrowed transaction, which he agreed is an acceptable payment/handover method.

====

Seems to be a nice demand for backup shares. I thought I was 2nd in line for backup shares but there was a PM that was overlooked earlier from a R2 co-op member, so I'm technically in 3rd place for backup shares. So to that person that PMed me, you're actually 2nd in line, and I'm in 3rd for the backup share Q.

I'm regretting not picking up more shares earlier but how was I supposed to know someone was going to sell us his Aug. 9 paid HashFast order at-cost?

I'll sort out payments and the spreadsheet when I get back home tonight. I'm heading to the State building to do a Stanford Design Thinking Wallet Challenge for the Dept. of Education on Kauai shortly. Sure, I've only done it twice & was trained once, but I'm game. I wear so many hats at my job; at least it keeps things interesting. BBL, gents.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 03:49:37 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 07:30:57 AM by DyslexicZombei

New news: I'm was asking for payments by Saturday at 8PM but we'll extend that out to next week. Basically: please pay when you can but the earlier you can pay, the better, of course. I'm setting the new deadline for payment to: Wednesday, 8PM HST.

The reason is: the largest shareholder, an anonymous gentleman, still wants to keep his 10 shares but since the prices are now higher, he won't be able to buy the remainder of his promised shares until next week Wednesday

AND

I heard back from the Seller of Order 616, and explained to him my dilemna that a good chunk of the funds wouldn't be available because the buyer had the funds in PayPal, and the Seller said that he can wait a few days. This order is already paid at HashFast & we're not slipping in a Q because of the delay. I thanked him for having patience with us.

From the seller's PM:

The invoice is for USD$6018.50
I pay 2% foreign exchange fee approx
No idea what the bitstamp price was in the 14th August but right now it is
USD$123.13/BTC
123.13 x 50 = USD$6157 which should cover my Aussie dollar expenses I think
I'll double check my bank statement.

==

To the largest shareholder for R2: I had made this promise of a PayPal payment to this person via bobsag3's contact expecting that we'd be able to have near instant access to the BTC; we would, but there's a markup fee for PayPal fees purchased through the new company that's offering this service: http://www.minersource.net/

However, at least there's an option for those looking for instant PP4GB share buys.

==

Once I get back from taking the fam to dinner & picking up a new phone, I hope, I'll update the spreadsheet as we're already almost 60% paid!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 04:03:36 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 07:33:25 AM by DyslexicZombei

While payments are being sorted out for R2...

There seems to be interest in a Round 3, as another anonymous gentleman has contacted me with an offer to buy half of a Sierra if we can work together on Round 3. That way he can use Round 3 as training wheels to be a GBC as an introduction to running his own GB on the Group Buys Forum. Essentially: there'd be 2 GBCs on the next round, the largest shareholder/new GBC (who is or will be vetted thoroughly by me) and myself.

The new GBC would be taking the lead for Round 3 after pre-planning, with me advising behind the scenes, stepping in where necessary, and having override decisions as the veteran GBC/mentor. I will say that this person already handles people' IDs, cash, etc., etc.. regularly with no issues.

I would also be the remote primary admin for the R3 miner as well as handle payouts, troubleshooting, and incremental overclocking (if that's what we vote for), so no worries about the a GBC running off w/ the co-op's miner or siphoning off hashrate as long as the majority are satisfied with the shipping/hosting location.

==

Let me know if there's interest in starting a Round 3, and perhaps this gentleman will step out of the shadows shortly.  Smiley

I've already had interest from 3 different people already for more than half of the shares necessary to buy a TH/s+ ASIC miner for R3. Please PM me or state publicly your interest in a possible R3 Sierra HashFast with the Miner Protection Plan with more then half of the at-cost shares already soft reserved. I'll probably branch off another thread for R3 if I get one more soft reservation. Thank you!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 09:45:22 PM by DyslexicZombei

Updates:

- Lots of shares paid! Spreadsheet updates still pending, as things still much in flux. If I haven't listed your shares as paid on the spreadsheet quite yet, no worries, you know I've PMed you to confirm your payment. Something like 80% of shares already paid (or in transit to be paid).

- I'm in talks with John S. about a possible discount on a R3 MPP Sierra since it would be a *third* at-cost HashFast Miner Purchase I organize, or co-organize in this case. We'll see what he says. If not: hey, it's a wide open marketplace & we can all vote with our dollars/BTC/votes in this co-operative, on the decision for the next R3 miner mfg., if necessary.

Whatever's decided for R3, I'm seeking institutional pricing, since as an at-cost Miner's Cooperative, we provide a ready pool of share reserves for any mfg. with good pricing for institutional investors/buyers, and we'll have an established track record of 2 GBs organized with miners purchased and shipped in an open, transparent, and democratic process (where I, the GBC, don't even have local physical access to the miners at host sites; only remote admin access).

==============

- 6.601 shares paid via PayPal! I didn't intend to do this again, but I was trying to expedite the GB payout. The anon. buyer didn't want to pay mark-up fees for avail. instant BTC purchase options. This user is trusting me to transfer the money ($1010) sent via PP gift last night to my checking acct., where it will be used to buy BTC for GB shares. I'm listing 7 shares as paid (rounded up) with 3 shares pending. Which segues into this snippet of a PM exchange with the largest promised shareholder of R2 with 10 shares reserved. This is what I sent the owner of 10 promised shares last night (with one minor edit):

"I checked Coinbase. It only links to Bank Accounts which is why it's so inexpensive compared to other methods of BTC purchasing such as BitInstant or BTCquick. Darn. I'll have to wait until your funds are in our checking before I can buy BTC at a 1% fee at Coinbase next week Wednesday or Thursday.

I already started the transfer from PayPal to our checking acct. which will take 3-4 business days. I'm listing your shares as 7 paid (rounded up 6.601 shares) with 3 pending when I update the spreadsheet.

That means next week's payment would take 2 weeks to clear to our checking acct. for the rest of your 3.399 shares.  I'd be willing to buy (out) those 3 shares from you to complete payment in a week instead of 2 weeks and refund you the 0.601 shares, since it's going to be 2 weeks until I can pay for those 3 shares from any PP funds you may send next week. I know we had an agreement for me to hold off payments for your shares for a few days but 2 weeks is too long I think, for the buyer to have to wait for full payment.

The only other way I can think of that's fair to you to keep the 3 shares and is fair to the rest of the co-op is if you could buy BTC locally or online by next Wednesday night, to buy 3.399 more shares. In good conscience: I can't ask the R2 co-op members to have to wait 2 weeks for full payment if they've already done their part and I've already asked them to wait a week. I don't want to push my luck or I might lose support and since we're a democratic co-operative, I need their support.

If you're agreeable to doing a refund or partial refund, I could also split 1 of those shares I could hold with you, so you'd have 7.5 shares & I'd refund you 0.101 shares for a R2 HF miner. That's another refund option that still retains an additional half share. I'd probably sell 1 of those shares to someone else in the co-op or to my wife's cousin who's coming over to replace our screen door shortly and was blown away by what I told him about Bitcoin - he works in a bank & never heard of it, although he lives near HashFast.

Cheesy "

Cheers,
DZ

===

What do you think gents? Sounds fair, right?

IMO: I think it's fair to both the share owner, the rest of the co-operative, and the Seller who has so graciously allowed us to buy his Order 616 at-cost: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/a8295a7b-3c53-4bb6-98ab-f74a3276e00e.jpg

The transaction is ready to go, it's just awaiting everyone's BTC: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/HashFastDZGroupBuyBuyoutofHashFastOrder616at-cost.png
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:51:21 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 10:25:29 PM by DyslexicZombei

Darnit! I also forgot to mention how nice an anon. member was in the co-op. I'm sorry.  Sad

The first person that paid their shares (3 BTC) was refunded 0.621 BTC this morning and is keeping 2 shares instead of 3 (this backup share has already been claimed & paid). Instead of taking the refund, this anonymous Round2 Hero donated it to an anonymous Round1 DZ Cooperative member who's been having a hard time.

Wow! That is *very* generous (esp. if you consider future potential BTC values) and was much appreciated by the Round1 recipient, esp. since he or she has had such a hard time recently. I won't say what his or her disability is, but it's rather substantial. I had intended this previously but hadn't announced anything, but half of 1 of my 10 shares for our R1 HashFast miner is also intended for this gentleman or lady, in case you're wondering why my payouts for 10 shares of R1 in November may be lower then expected.

This R1 co-op member *could* be scamming the both of us, but from the previous PMs I've had with this person and our shared love of culture and history, I highly doubt that this is the case. There were also no solicitations for help when I was notified of this condition, more of a statement of fact and gratitude for my help, that made me truly realize the awesome responsibility of helping others and handling their funds and hardware.

I am *not* trying to solicit donations for this gentleman or lady, so please don't send me PMs about donations. It's simply 2 random acts of kindness from a couple of co-op members.

==

BTW, we're about 80% paid up for R2 including the PayPal funds in transit for the largest promised share owner of R2.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: