Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin govern the whole world?  (Read 1942 times)
savushkinTA

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:38:01 PM

This would be extremely unlikely to happen because there is a limit to how many transactions can happen at the same time. We can increase the limit for the blockchain but there will still be a limit and that limit is unlikely to allow 8 billion people usage. If that happens, transactions will not clear or they may clear but with a very high transaction fee, rendering it useless for most transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:32:43 AM

It is possible to occur, but if only the whole world accept and allow bitcoin to be used.
currently, there are still many countries that doesn't allow bitcoin to be used by their peoples.
mammothine

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:59:06 AM

Bitcoin as a world currency to replace all currencies? Yes, definitely possible. Likely? No. It will be one of many, like now, including fiat, but bitcoin’s share will get larger.
Condoriano

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:18:02 AM

I don't see the future yet of bitcoin becoming a currency even just a single country.

First, price is very unstable and economy will be very hard to maintain due to prices change almost every hour.
Second, transaction are made virtually and can be easily use for corruption.
Third, changing currency is very hard to adapt or might be impossible already.
Fourth, years of study is needed just to know how to maintain and manage bitcoin.
Fifth, Government cannot hold every existing bitcoin.

I can still go on but we always know that it is impossible. Let's just be happy that bitcoin is here and not let others to ruin it.

xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 11:49:14 AM

Bitcoin as a world currency to replace all currencies? Yes, definitely possible. Likely? No. It will be one of many, like now, including fiat, but bitcoin’s share will get larger.

Governing the whole world is a little bit too much for bitcoin, bitocin was not made for that. We are the one who will govern the whole world and bitcoin will just help us to develop and to make this society even more better. But yeah I agree, bitcoin's share would be larger than fiat, what is going to happen in the future is that bitcoin would be the primary currency and fiat would be just a secondary.
thompson30

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:51:37 AM

Yes. But it depends on how our government will use bitcoin properly and safely. And on how they will handle it
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:05:53 PM

Hi,

Bitcoin has no country limitations and knowns no frontier.

Though, the situation of crypto (how spreaded, how used, etc) is widely different from one country to another. In most Western countries, I think bitcoin is rather seen as an interesting new tool, potentially for making money... but not as a necessary "thing". Whereas in some poor countries, the population need bitcoin as a source of income.

So that's the first point: we are far from knowing an homogeneous situation worldwide.

Then, governments and institutions are trying to deal with it but their way of handling crypto can highly vary! On top of that, the price of bitcoin can be completely erratic and there aren't technical tools allowing people to use bitcoin for daily uses..

All this make the situation quite complex. I personnally hope that one day cryptos can be used anywhere, for anything. For the moment, though, it's not true...  Undecided

tats14

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:10:10 PM

I don't know why you have this in mind, I hold the COINS, but I'm also a legal citizen, I'm just holding the currency as a way of investment, I don't think this is money laundering
well it depends upon the situation, but i think that bitcoin can govern the world because of it's expensive price.

YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:37:03 PM

At one time, gold could conquer the world as a form of store of value, then came USD. The dollar became a more convenient form of mutual settlement, and then it was digitized, making cash-free payments. In order to beatkoin won their euro and the dollar of competitors, there must be a lot of stars. For example, the cue ball should become an official means of payment in countries and giants (US, EU). Then, the big Fiat giants should lose the trust of people.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:40:26 PM

Nowadays bitcoin reach other countries and it is use in some transactions and very helpful in some country's economic.
What you can say?
Can bitcoin govern the world of business market, govern the world of every payments as it is moving to make it the future money.?
The ways other currency will have was overthrown or got fade, with time and more new technology another digital currency might still rule the world which will be better off the bitcoin we seeing now..
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:05:12 PM

Nowadays bitcoin reach other countries and it is use in some transactions and very helpful in some country's economic.
What you can say?
Can bitcoin govern the world of business market, govern the world of every payments as it is moving to make it the future money.?
The ways other currency will have was overthrown or got fade, with time and more new technology another digital currency might still rule the world which will be better off the bitcoin we seeing now..

Well bitcoin is already dominating the world and so i don't think there is going to be a particular time when it is going to be declared to be ruling the world because it is already and the crave  for it all over the world is a good testament of this fact.
novakamena

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:09:55 PM

It is possible to occur, but if only the whole world accept and allow bitcoin to be used.
currently, there are still many countries that doesn't allow bitcoin to be used by their peoples.
In fact, government digital currencies could herald a new era of centralization, posing serious questions about privacy and the viability of true cryptocurrencies like bitcoin.
kelsiivo

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:23:17 PM

What you can say?

Bitcoin is just a currency, it will not be used in every country. This is because some countries have already banned it.
darkywis

Activity: 308

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:47:44 PM

Knowing that bitcoin is becoming popular worldwide, I don't think that bitcoin will rule the world because its still not safe to go all in.

Hmei777

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:11:48 PM

What you can say?
I think it is very difficult because not all countries accept bitcoin well let alone to set the world market. because if the government agrees with it what if there is no more internet where we will sell it and transact of course this will be difficult because no one knows the age of the internet.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

What you can say?
It will not be possible because fiat money still governs almost everything. The possibilities of transactions are divided in many types and the cryptocurrency is just one of it. Keep in mind that there are still countries that do not possess advanced technology. This is the main thing that prevents your idea from happening since cryptocurrency is a technology.
jenya4556

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:22:29 PM

I think not. Most likely it's a bubble on which big players play, and we just collect crumbs. Not all, but many) But I still hope to raise money on this bubble, at least on the bounty.
Sayed Rifat

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:35:17 PM

What you can say?
yes it can develop a country and  future we can reach money for that
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 03:50:12 PM

What you can say?

I don't think so since the whole world and its system does not only revolves on currency nor economy and each nation has a lot of differences that bitcoin cannot overcome, there are a lot of factors that inhibits bitcoin from flourishing to other countries vice versa.  Though it certainly revolutionize the way we see currencies but governing the whole world's market is somehow a hard feat for bitcoin to overcome.

multikript888

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:42:28 AM

I would like to weigh all the pros and cons of the crypto currency and, in particular, bitcoin itself. having studied a large amount of information and traced the stock exchanges, it became obvious that the advantages of crypto currency as such are not
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: