Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
bitcoin_miner

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

when?Huh?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:27:53 PM

when?Huh?

well email is supposedly out on those eligible for a refund in next couple days...

then they say 30 to 45 days to get the refund (figure 60 days with email tag i'd guess)

so we will see this is on monarch 600gh cards ...must have been 6 months from the time you ordered or some such
there is an end date i forget what it is see more on butterflylabs.com forum

heh......stil waiting for the pigs flying part to make this truly legit

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:05:15 PM

BFL Monarch:

So much the lolz, much scam, very wow.

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:11:33 PM

BFL Monarch:

So much the lolz, much scam, very wow.

What year will this be delivered?

I might be interested...

...just kidding  Wink

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:29:21 PM

Josh did tell people he would bet BTC on it being right and delivered on time.

Wonder where he's at with that wallet of his. Smiley

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:33:44 AM

If BFL keeps offering people product upgrades and refunds they'll never have to worry about shipping a product.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:51:54 AM

If BFL keeps offering people product upgrades and refunds they'll never have to worry about shipping a product.

Don't forget you have to pay them for the upgrade which in turn moves your product out another year.  Rinse and repeat.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:07:51 PM

I didn't notice a cord from the miner to the laptop. Was the miner broadcasting via WiFi?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:25:41 PM

1) pre orders on an unproven product that hasn't even had a prototype
2) pre orders with a company who hasn't even shipped all their previous pre order from their last disaster, which came after their first disaster (FPGAs were late)
3) non refundable pre orders with a company facing legal action
4) pre orders on a flashy new product from a company who $%^&ed up the actual imaginary spec on their previous product which ended up needing WAY more power per chip and each chip delivered WAY less hash per chip due to the heat.
5) Result of 4) is money being claimed back, and far higher expenses and having to pay employees for a loooong time without actually really finishing the sales they made a year earilier

IF BFL ever deliver anything that is even 50% of what they have just started marketing I'll be EXTREMELY surprised

One year later update: Yesterday I saw for the very first time a single Monarch in the wild posted on this forum. And Mexico thought they had problems: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/29/monarch-butterflies-decline/5028977/
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:29:36 PM

Your posts and behavior certainly don't make me want to engage in a any kind of a transaction.  Heck, I even saw the "shipping now" products on your website and I still thought "nah, they're still lying".  Clearly, being the "bad boy" persona of bitcoin mining has worked for you somehow up to this point.  And I'm sure the rise of BTC exchange rates hasn't hurt you either.  But I fail to see your metrics on your behavior and your sales.  I mean, you act like this 24x7x365.  So your correlation of behavior and sales is akin to the rise and fall of the sun or the moon.

See, that's why I say we don't want someone like you as a customer.  Anyone with the cognitive abilities to suss out truth from lies would realize what a ridiculous statement this is... yet you still fell prey to it, validating my initial judgement that you were exactly the wrong type of customer for us and would cost far more to retain than you would generate in revenue due to your need to have your hand held and palliative words whispered in your ear every other day.  Most adults don't need constant hand holding, but dollars to donuts, you would.  Thanks, but no.  Much like all the other part time trollers, you'll be gone in a week, a month, a year... never to be heard from again and no one will remember or care what you had to say.

I mean, the simple fact that I have to sleep at some point would show your statement to be completely ludicrous or hyperbole at best (which completely invalidates your argument in this context)... that's not to mention all the other times I am away from the forum for various reasons.  In fact, I only stop in here when I'm bored and need a little entertainment at this point. Anyone with even a smattering of common sense would look at my post history and times and realize that your statement is complete bunk.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:39:45 PM

Your posts and behavior certainly don't make me want to engage in a any kind of a transaction.  Heck, I even saw the "shipping now" products on your website and I still thought "nah, they're still lying".  Clearly, being the "bad boy" persona of bitcoin mining has worked for you somehow up to this point.  And I'm sure the rise of BTC exchange rates hasn't hurt you either.  But I fail to see your metrics on your behavior and your sales.  I mean, you act like this 24x7x365.  So your correlation of behavior and sales is akin to the rise and fall of the sun or the moon.

See, that's why I say we don't want someone like you as a customer.  Anyone with the cognitive abilities to suss out truth from lies would realize what a ridiculous statement this is... yet you still fell prey to it, validating my initial judgement that you were exactly the wrong type of customer for us and would cost far more to retain than you would generate in revenue due to your need to have your hand held and palliative words whispered in your ear every other day.  Most adults don't need constant hand holding, but dollars to donuts, you would.  Thanks, but no.  Much like all the other part time trollers, you'll be gone in a week, a month, a year... never to be heard from again and no one will remember or care what you had to say.

I mean, the simple fact that I have to sleep at some point would show your statement to be completely ludicrous or hyperbole at best (which completely invalidates your argument in this context)... that's not to mention all the other times I am away from the forum for various reasons.  In fact, I only stop in here when I'm bored and need a little entertainment at this point. Anyone with even a smattering of common sense would look at my post history and times and realize that your statement is complete bunk.

What is it about Josh's who say this? Josh Zipkin of AMT said the same shit to some of his earlier hostile customers. Well Fuck you too Josh (both of you) we don't want you as a vendor! BFL to their credit ultimatly refunded me but not before I had the FTC and the SEC crawling down their ass to refund me. It was OH SHIT instarefund at that point. Washes their hands of this mess.

Any vendor who feels the need to state that, should be viewed with serious caution. Its a red flag that they don't want anyone questioning their business model and looking too deep. Those questions are meant to be disarming as to flip the blame back onto the prospective customer who is asking questions.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:48:09 PM

What is it about Josh's who say this? Josh Zipkin of AMT said the same shit to some of his earlier hostile customers. Well Fuck you too Josh (both of you) we don't want you as a vendor! BFL to their credit ultimatly refunded me but not before I had the FTC and the SEC crawling down their ass to refund me. It was OH SHIT instarefund at that point. Washes their hands of this mess.

Any vendor who feels the need to state that, should be viewed with serious caution. Its a red flag that they don't want anyone questioning their business model and looking too deep. Those questions are meant to be disarming as to flip the blame back onto the prospective customer who is asking questions.

Last week, Josh Zerlan logged on this forum after being absent for a spell to berate me with Drama Queen comments. I wasn't posting too much prior to said PM, so I took it as an invite to post a helluva lot more in the BFL threads. I assume my assessment as to why he PMed was correct, for since then he has left me alone since my recent diatribes.

At least I don't have to worry about Josh Zerlan threatening to kill 6 people (and a dog) like Joshua Zipkin of AMT is on record in stating.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:42:07 PM

Hey BFL customers, how's that Monarch going?

Bhahahaaaa.  I can't belove people actually paid to "upgrade" to the monarch vaporware.

I am shocked these guys aren't in prison on a number of charges.  When you have millions of dollars for lawyers you'd be amazed how you can maneuver theough the law books.

Anybody wanna help me Jump start CoinTruth.com?  I would make BFL the star scammer of the website.  Cryptoland badly needs a consumer reports site to help people avoid all the scammers and pumpers.

Cheers!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:32:59 PM

Hey BFL customers, how's that Monarch going?

Bhahahaaaa.  I can't belove people actually paid to "upgrade" to the monarch vaporware.

I am shocked these guys aren't in prison on a number of charges.  When you have millions of dollars for lawyers you'd be amazed how you can maneuver theough the law books.

Anybody wanna help me Jump start CoinTruth.com?  I would make BFL the star scammer of the website.  Cryptoland badly needs a consumer reports site to help people avoid all the scammers and pumpers.

Cheers!

Surely, you're not seeking a group buy to garner a US cent/penny for the first month's hosting fee on HostGator are you?
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:52:33 PM

Surely, you're not seeking a group buy to garner a US cent/penny for the first month's hosting fee on HostGator are you?

No, I'm seeking a lot more than that since I can't code nor do I know how to build a site.  lol.

Looks like CoinTruth will have to wait until I get the money which is now stuck in IXC and a bunch of other alts which have dropped over 90%.  Hope that BTC boom comes next month which should take alts with it.

Cheers!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:03:51 PM

No, I'm seeking a lot more than that since I can't code nor do I know how to build a site.  lol.

Looks like CoinTruth will have to wait until I get the money which is now stuck in IXC and a bunch of other alts which have dropped over 90%.  Hope that BTC boom comes next month which should take alts with it.

Cheers!

Dude, a CoinTruth site would be simple build, in fact I could do it for free.

Assuming you own the domain (just looked and seems like you do, and surely you're not the M. I'm thinking of - think India), for a penny via a debit or credit card you can have it hosted tonight on HostGator, and only $8.95/m thereafter. I would use Wordpress as the CMS utilizing a clutterless theme.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:36:56 PM

Whilst BFL would get star billing, it would surely just be a list of every hardware company out there.

Even some of the more reputable ones with decent customer service who actually ship are just selling machines that will lose you btc, or they are pre-orders where the buyer takes ALL the risk with a miniscule chance of profit whilst the manufacturer rakes in huge sums.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:37:51 PM

Dude, a CoinTruth site would be simple build, in fact I could do it for free.

Assuming you own the domain (just looked and seems like you do, and surely you're not the M. I'm thinking of - think India), for a penny via a debit or credit card you can have it hosted tonight on HostGator, and only $8.95/m thereafter. I would use Wordpress as the CMS utilizing a clutterless theme.

I don't understand what you're saying but it sounds cheap.  I do own the domain and no, my name is not Maria.  Haha.

If the cost is only like $10 per month then yeah man, let's do it, I can pay for that.  I would pay you but I am broke and not working right now.  But I would gladly give you a good portion of any future domain profits from ads should it get popular:  Say 25%?  But I really don't know how to do anything so I would be counting on you.

So if you can build it that easily then you've got a deal:  Let's tear BFL a new asshole and all these others scammers too.  I wanna post their profiles, their pics, everything and even give people an area on each profile to comment so anyone can see and judge the evidence for themselves and maybe even hold discussions and also a spot where the accused can have their say published, just to be fair.  A one stop site where new investors can check for which coins and which devs are legit and which are newbies or known scammers.  

There's nothing like this right now which amazes me given all the scammers and all the people losing so much money.  

I even own TruthCoin.com which we can launch and integrate later on if things actually work out.  I've had this planned since last year but no money and no software skills.  lol.

Thanks and let me know.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

Whilst BFL would get star billing, it would surely just be a list of every hardware company out there.

Even some of the more reputable ones with decent customer service who actually ship are just selling machines that will lose you btc, or they are pre-orders where the buyer takes ALL the risk with a miniscule chance of profit whilst the manufacturer rakes in huge sums.

Very true this is why I'd develop a simple rating system - where someone like Cointerra may get a 3 star rating out of 5 and BFL WOULD get a 1 star and a massive BEWARE sign across the entire page with hundreds of posts and testimonies to back it up.

I would let the angry robbed people do the work - that's the most fair way anyway.  And also the accused would have a say on there somewhere, limited word number so they don't spam the complaints.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:43:10 PM

I also own Bitruth.com.

Between TruthCoin.com, CoinTruth.com and Bitruth we should be able to create something to help protect crypto investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  

Jump to: