Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:53:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 767 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilipinas (Philippines)  (Read 1312824 times)
pagari

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:30:12 PM

waaah gusto matuto nyang mining na yan!!! Anyone out there giving mining 101 lessons hehe Grin

medyo madali lang from what i've read so far, thing is, medyo mahal ang asic machines plus yung delivery factor pa. group buy anyone? chips and a diy rig?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ccl

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:09:31 PM

true..idk any miners here in PI personally so not sure..however it's nice to think if we can have that in PI Cheesy

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading.
Get paid weekly for your signature.

1GTJ2DhqSPHBTEjG7GCjz6XLYZhU1hEz2a - thanks for donating Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:22:25 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 03:58:27 PM by Dabs

I can get the chips ordered. Sent to Manila. Minimum order is 10,000 chips. But this needs to be a group buy. I am not an engineer, someone else better take care of the assembly and DIY set up.

I joined a group buy in the Custom Hardware forum. Check there for details. What we need here in the Philippines are two things:
1. Group Buy, with third party escrow if you prefer (with additional 1% fee). Or just blindly trust someone (me?) to do this. Physical pick up of chips when it arrives, or send to you by Air21 / LBC / DHL.
2. Electrical Engineer who knows what to do.

I can volunteer to facilitate the group buy, however, we need 782 bitcoins. I have 10+ branches of my shop in SM Malls and Robinson's Dept Store so you can pick up your chips there when they arrive, or wait for some EE to do something to it.

Or I can have it sent to Germany and have that guy there do something to the chips. In that case, much easier to just join those European group buys already.

There is no news about Avalon Batch 4 yet, so the chips are the only option now. Time is important.

Do we have 782 worth of bitcoins to do the group buy?

I think if we are going to do a group buy, it should go like this:

1. Choose a multiple of 10 chips. 10, 20, 30, 100, 500, 1000. Basta kailangan multiple of 10.
2. Pay 0.086 per chip. Or 0.86 for 10 chips.
3. We have to reach 10,000 chips.

I can start a new thread there in Custom Hardware, for a group buy, for Philippines. So tayo tayo lang mga pinoy, or in fact any other person who is residing in the Philippines can participate.

This can also be my first escrowed service here, and since I am in Metro Manila, wag na kayo mag duda. I will provide all information and be as transparent as possible. In another thread, I offered escrow for high value bitcoin transactions. Maybe I should start with 782 BTC.

According to zefir's thread:

Pricing
I am asking for a 9.9% surplus for my nerves (risk compensation). the 10k chips totaled to 782.1BTC, which results to a resale price of 0.086BTC / chip.

On top of this BTC denominated net price, I will add a fiat based component to cover expenses, including

tax and custom handling fees (~10%)
    effective shipping cost from Switzerland
    flat handling fee of $20 per order

Since these items will be paid in fiat, they will be charged after I receive the chips and before they are sent to you.

So I will just copy the same. Pick up will be free if you get it from one of my stores within Metro Manila. Yung mga nasa provinces will have to pay extra for shipping.

Our problem now is who is our Electrical Engineer? Meron ba kayo mga kilala?

dr3i

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:00:45 AM

Count me in sir dabs. Looking forward to make an investment on mining.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:55:37 AM

Ok, I'll work on the group buy mechanics tonight. I will only want to work on one batch of 10,000 chips. Once we reach that, it's final. If we don't reach 10,000 chips or 782 BTC, I will simply refund 99.9% of your bitcoins. I will send your BTC back minus the transaction fee. Or I will think about absorbing the fee, I hope not.

In the meantime, everyone, please look for an Electrical Engineer. I don't know any.

That, or I will just facilitate the group buy, pero bahala kayo sa buhay nyo pag dating ng chips (you are on your own when the chips arrive.)

hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:55:36 AM

boss, with the rising and volatility of btc prices, medyo risky mag hoard ng mga coins.  it caught my attention about mining few weeks ago.  i heard from someone in our country that he's getting around 2 btc around 3-4 days kaya nagka-interest ako lalo, although i dont have any idea about his mining investments.  recently i came upon some sites na nagsasabing pahirap na ng pahirap ang pagmimina ng barya, konting coins lang nakukuha at natatalo lang sa pambayad ng kuryente.  can u provide us some figures regarding this mining thing para mas maintindihan at maengganyo kaming mga starters Smiley

also, ano pala yung role ng electrical engineer sa pag setup ng mining?

btw, do you know someone who's into litecoins?  balita ko tataas ang presyo ng ltc very soon.  i'm looking to invest a little sa ltc, pero sayang late narin. nung march kasi nasa 0.10 usd/ltc, ngayon nasa 3 usd/ltc na... 30x na ang tinaas in around 2 months.  i'm looking for some ltc trader here in our country, pero wala parin akong nakikita.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:48:47 AM

All the specs are in the other threads, but the most important points are as follows:

1. Avalon is selling ASIC mining chips. For bitcoin and SHA-256 based crypto-coins only.
2. These chips do 282 mh/s (mega hash per second) each.
3. They accept bitcoin only as payment.
4. Specs and reference design will be published in May.
5. Mining with these chips is going to be more energy efficient than mining with GPUs (graphics cards).

But people are already buying the chips.

We need the Electrical Engineer to make the working mining boards, as Avalon is only selling the chips themselves. Kung meron ka kilala from UP or other good schools where engineers come from, try talking to them. Tell them, you have chips, you just need a PCB board and someone to assemble it all together.

A few things to note also:

1. This is risky, difficulty is going to skyrocket. It is now 8 million. It will be 9 million next week. It will be about 15 million next month. A few months from now it will be around 70 to 90 million. This is assuming all the big ASIC mining rigs come online as scheduled or predicted.
2. This is supposed to be a hobby, to learn mining, and start of with a few gigahash of power instead of running high end video cards (GPU) for mining.
3. If you have 20 chips, you can get maybe a speed of 5 GH/s which will net you about 5 bitcoins in a month (30 days) at next month's difficulty. In the succeeding months, this mining income will go down to 3, to 2, to 1, to half a coin, to 0.01 by the end of the year.

No one can predict the future, but that is the guess of everyone involved. So if we do this, we must do it now, so we can at least ROI within 6 months or before the end of the year.

For litecoin, you're better off trading in the online exchanges, like BTC to LTC for example.

I'll start a thread in the Custom Hardware section tonight or tomorrow, then you can post or PM (if newbie status).

pagari

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:05:22 PM

count me in as well, but realistically i don't think we will be able to generate enough interest in time. i will be only purchasing 30-40 chips, and i've been reading the projections. ROI will be really hard in the coming months. projected spike in hashrate and difficulty will make low GH miners obsolete in a few months time if you're in it for pure profit right? if you're gonna mine purely just to stash he coins i say go for it pero pano kuryente hehe. paliit ng paliit magiging share di ba? maybe we should prepare for the next gen asics. 500 GH/s or dare i say TH/s by years end?
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:20:10 PM

I posted my group buy. Here is the thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187457.0

I posted a picture of myself pero malabo ang muka ko, ha, for obvious reasons.

If I don't get enough orders locally, I will attempt to solicit some orders from international buyers just to meet the 10,000 chips minimum order. I will also cross post this on other forums I frequent where there are pinoys.

Good luck to us.

I do not have a facebook account, so if you do, kindly spread the news there about this group buy.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:38:20 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 04:18:06 AM by Dabs

Are any pinoys interested in a bitcoin group buy? As in, I buy bitcoins, from a direct off-exchange seller from the US. The minimum order is $1000 (one thousand dollars). The going rate from local sellers in localbitcoins is around PHP 5600 right now (Friday 26 April 2013, 11:30 AM)

I can help facilitate this, you just need to send me dollars or pesos (I do not yet have a dollar account) and you will get your proportion of bitcoins from me. The dollar to peso rate is about 1 USD = 41 PHP. If you send me pesos, I will change it to dollars in the nearest money changer outlet.

The banks will not accept pesos for wire transfers, and they will not accept changing their own dollars which you will then wire transfer. They will accept dollars from any other source, and the money changers usually have a better exchange rate.

Once I have $1000 worth (+ $15 wire transfer fee) OR once I get whatever threshold we agree to buy, I will proceed to order. I should get the bitcoins the next day or two at Mt. Gox last minus their fee.

Everyone who ordered will supply me their bitcoin address, and I will send you your proportion of the coins determined by how much you gave. I will show the calculations so everything is transparent.

We (all of us) will get the bitcoins at a much better rate. Then you can do whatever you want with them (buy chips, hold, sell them to other people, whatever.)

I will inquire whether I actually need to open a US dollar account, or if I can just hand them the dollars to wire transfer from their branch account. I work with BDO, I know the manager in my branch, and they have helped my parents send money abroad to relatives in the US, I don't think we opened a dollar account.

If you have a thousand dollars of your own money, you can do this directly with the seller (and I'm sure you have an idea who it is.) But they are currently not open to new clients. I got in, I just need to send a PO (Purchase Order), but I don't have a thousand dollars for this.

*edit* I can buy from $1000 to $5000 only, as of now. The current transaction fee is 1.49%

hardinero007

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 11:42:57 AM

boss, indi ako maka-reply sa kabilang thread.  anyway, regarding electric eng'r, i think what we need is electronics eng'r or computer technician.  i've seen some computer technicians who repairs laptops does some disassembly and assembly of this kind of chips in greenhills, i dont know if they're qualified.  i saw another thread that there's someone in germany who supplies the pc board and he'll do the soldering of the chips to the boars, at a rate of 70 euro per 10 chips for single side boards, or 100 euros for 10 chips for 2 sides boards.  another advantage if sa kanila tayo mag order is we can buy only few chips, lets say 500 chips lang.  i think mas sure tayo kung sa kanya papagawa ng ilan, then papagaya nalang natin sa local eng'r yung gawa.  problem now is the timing, mga 5 batches na ang orders nila, meaning 50,000 chips na ang pila, by the time we got our first samples, baka 2 months na yun, by that time wala nang laban ang mga armalites natin sa canons ng mga kalaban.  also, if nag order tayo ng chips, how long will it take for them to arrive?  yung original avalon asic device gawa ng chinese named yi guo fu sa shenzhen, why dont we just go there at nakawin yung mga units nila dun na ready for shipping na hahahah

seriously, i think we need more figures pa.  and i dont have idea how many of filipino bitcoiners are around here, and kung how much are we willing to chip in for this make or break project.  i'll keep this project in mind.  and also i'll think about buying graphics card for mining, like ati radeon 7950, which cost around 15000 pala yay!  consuelo lang is if it can't be used for mining btc anymore, it may be use to mine for ltc, if not, for gaming nalang, if not, pwede rin ibenta sa mga internet cafe hehe
hardinero007

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 12:16:56 PM

some figures to consider:

speed per avalon chip: 282MH/s
x10000 chips = 2820GH/s = 2.82TH/s

based sa bitcoin mining profitability calculator, 24 hrs of mining will result to 158 btc.

thats 158 btc/day...
in 5 days, that's 790 btc

roi in 5 days.  wowwwww Smiley))
pag nag-franchise tayo ng jollibee, it may take years to have roi.

problem: paano gagawin?
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:31:55 AM

For those who want to participate in the group buy, but can not post in the Custom Hardware thread, just PM me. When I confirm your payment, I will update the OP and post also.

Hopefully, once it starts, more people will order. Sana naman maraming pinoy, pero inopen ko rin the group buy sa ibang bansa. Baka meron mga malalapit lang na kapit bahay, they will save on shipping when I send the chips to them.

I have a standing order of 30 chips myself from the other group buy. Papagawa ko rin yun into a working miner board. Then pag dating dito, I am willing to have a qualified Electrical Engineer inspect it. Also, by that time, meron na specs na published by Avalon (or how else would they have made the working miner boards.)

Siguro, meron mga tao sa mga electrical forums, hindi lang nila alam ang bitcoin. I've seen them (the EE forums or something), medyo they stick to themselves kasi nga very technical. Baka nasa Raon or something.

I'm not buying a video card for mining. Sayang na ang pera. And I don't play much games naman, all the games I play run on my existing hardware. So luho na lang ang mga high end video card.

talkbitcoinpinoy

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 08:39:38 AM

Hello mga kababayan ko,

I've setup a bitcoin forum site para sa ating mga pinoy.

punta kayo sa http://pinoybitcointalk.org and hope magkasama sama tayo dun Smiley

Its just very new though and halos wala pang laman.

Im taking my spare time to slowly improve it and putting up relevant contents.

And kung may interested maging moderator... mas ok.

PM nyo lang ako dun sa site para sa mga gustong  maging moderator.
BTCscraper

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:43:25 AM

How about getting local software engineers and electronics engineers together to produce mining ASICs locally?  I asked a friend who is a software engineer and she says there are local fabs that might be able to produce everything needed to mine.  I just don't know the leadtime required by the engineers to program and design, and the fab to set up, as well as the costs involved, but maybe they can produce 2.82TH/s for less than P4m within 6 months, with matching power specs as Avalon (66.3GH/s consuming around 600w).  Even if locally produced mining ASICs can't match Avalon's power consumption (or Butterfly's expected power consumption), lamang pa rin siguro kung mura ang production cost dito.

hardinero007: Can't ROI in 5 days.  Parts, assembly, shipping and electricity pushes it up to hopefully around 10 days, still much better than Jollibee's 6-10 years.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
talkbitcoinpinoy

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 10:30:22 AM

nag order nako ng 5GH sa bfl. at kung tama ang calculator... aabutin ng mga 8 days ang ROI.
I can't wait to start mining soon  Grin
talkbitcoinpinoy

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 11:25:26 AM

any miners in here mga kabayan?

yes kabayans, Im sure marami rami na din tayong nagmimina dito, medyo shy-type lang yun iba. I for one is mining too  Wink
talkbitcoinpinoy

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 11:28:12 AM

waaah gusto matuto nyang mining na yan!!! Anyone out there giving mining 101 lessons hehe Grin

Yup, sa bagong forum site na tinatag ko, magtuturo kami ng mining 101 hehehe. basically lahat naman ng dapat mong malaman ay nandito at nasa youtube din pero ang gagawin lang cguro namin ay pasisimplehan ang paliwanag para mas maintindihan ng marami at syempre para mapabilis din ang pag-aaral mo.

punta kalang dito http://pinoybitcointalk.org at kung wala pa doon, pakihintay lang kasi kaka start lang ng site eh. inuunti unti lang namin ang paglalagay ng mga contents  Grin
MadSweeney (OP)

Activity: 160

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:49:23 PM

Hello mga kababayan ko,

I've setup a bitcoin forum site para sa ating mga pinoy.

punta kayo sa http://pinoybitcointalk.org and hope magkasama sama tayo dun Smiley

Ayus itong initiative, kabayan! Alam kong nag-uumpisa pa lang ito. Pero pakiusap po na gumamit na agad ng SSL, at least, at seryosohin ang security para sa website.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:42:32 AM

Anyone interested in a group buy for Yubikeys? gagawin ko na lang sa pinoy forum, if ever. I plan on ordering maybe 1000 yubikeys, from yubico. So meron bulk discount. These will not be compatible with Mt. Gox, but you can use it for anything else.

In the mean time, yung mga interesado sa asic chips, bumili na kayo sa thread ko.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 767 »
  Print  

Jump to: