Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2018 the downfall of bitcoin?  (Read 4163 times)
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is a strong crypto currency being itbas thebfirst digital currency. It have surpassed all thru the years and have shown positive price increase. Although we experience fluctuation, it's normal and for sue btc will recover from it.
completely agree with you.  I don't think today or 2018 is the downfall of bitcoin. as we all know it is normal for the cryptocurrency coins to rise and fall. it is just a fall but it will go back to its peak sooner. it will be bigger again. I believe in that and people are syill beleiving in bitcoin so that can help to maintain the bitcoin to be on the top.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:20:43 PM

*Newbie Here!* Because of fluctuations in the value of bitcoin, is 2018 going to be the biggest downfall of bitcoin? What do you think?

What downfall are you talking about, check last year price and look at today it's yet high. Or look at 2009 price and look at today price, I don't think it's low. Bitcoins has a target to reach 40k and I have a good believe it possibly can. All you need to be is patient that's how bitcoins is.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

I don't think that there will be further decrease in the value of the bitcoins unless there is any negative news. Bitcoin's price has been recovered slightly after the sharp fall in last few weeks and i believe that it will be increased by each passing day. There will be small corrections on a regular basis but it will continue to recover in short time, i believe there will be at least 40-50% appreciation in the current value of the bitcoins by the end of 2018.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bisnisali01

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:25:51 PM

If in 2018 there is the possibility of bitcoin prices falling, it means there will be a possibility of bitcoin prices going up too, although sometimes between up and down is not directly proportional. Every year bitcoin likes bubbles, and the last 1 month, bitcoin has experienced bubbles that eventually break, and prices fall, it's because of the large number of people who sell bitcoins because they know it's a good time to sell the bitcoin.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:28:24 PM

*Newbie Here!* Because of fluctuations in the value of bitcoin, is 2018 going to be the biggest downfall of bitcoin? What do you think?
i think that's not because its not based on bitcoin price falling. 2018 bitcoin is not downfall bitcoin this year is to be increase up after it fall down so bitcoin is never give up.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 12:34:19 PM

As what you said you are a newbie so if you just study the movement of bitcoin for the past few years, bitcoin would go up after a slump period. If you bought when it goes down to $9k then you would have a 30%+ profit already now. Bitcoin would just recover because history repeats itself. There may be times that you would doubt if bitcoin would go back up but if you believe in it for the long term then you would not worry. It is slowly going back up now and some theories behind the downtrend of the price previously is because of the expiration of bitcoin futures.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:39:58 PM

Of course not, please stop the FUD already, we don't need any more of that. I think 2018 will be another great year for bitcoin, simply because the lightning network is almost here. If that works we will see bitcoin being used on stores and mass adoption will be possible. As soon as more adoption occurs, we will have more liquidity, and this will probably open ways for ETFs. As soon as we get ETFs then real institutional investing will be made possible, and we will even get more liquidity, and bitcoin will eventually get more stable and will get closer to being a currency.
Not saying all this will happen in 2018, but things are in motion, so this is not the downfall of bitcoin.
Hillthy

Activity: 229

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:41:14 PM

I think the bitcoin price will not fall below $ 10,000.
False information disturbs the crypto market. That made many investors sell their bitcoin. However, I think prices will increase 60% -70% in the coming time.
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:42:32 PM

Downfall in bitcoin was noted in spring of 2013, where its price dropped by 71% overnight. Then another 2 in 2014 (49%), and 2017 (36%). Downfall in crypto world is unpredictable, but it can happen anytime depending on the situations and on how the bitcoin economy runs. But one thing is for sure, with this downfall, price increase will follow. Just like what happened on the past.
Suzrtt

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:43:14 PM

There we go again, every year we see those threads popping every time there is a dip. No, this is not the downfall of BTC, just give ti some time, it will get on the track again soon.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:48:37 PM

post like this is too mainstream
please doing a research or search any of information before you posting some a thread like this
there are many people answer in the same threads

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:50:55 PM

In my opinion, 2018 is not the downfall of bitcoin. 2018 is starting now so don't lose hope if there are times that the value of bitcoin will suddenly goes down. Continue investing in bitcoin because I think the 2018 will be the best year to bitcoin to grow. I also think that bitcoin will not fall down but it will continue to rise up.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:52:12 PM

If in 2018 there is the possibility of bitcoin prices falling, it means there will be a possibility of bitcoin prices going up too, although sometimes between up and down is not directly proportional. Every year bitcoin likes bubbles, and the last 1 month, bitcoin has experienced bubbles that eventually break, and prices fall, it's because of the large number of people who sell bitcoins because they know it's a good time to sell the bitcoin.
Agree.Bitcoin price has only two directions,either it will pump up or go down.In the last few days,i also noticed that bitcoin was getting lower price compared to last year.But that doesn't mean that bitcoin will have its downfall already.For sure it will start to rise up its value sooner as based on the chart on the previous years.

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:00:33 PM

Everything is possible, if something bad happen with bitcoin network or some new and far better coin comes out, it could lead to downfall of bitcoin. But for that to happen chances are... really low, near to impossible. If we look back a little bit, we will see fast rising of bitcoin. We will see that number of people that supports bitcoin rise as well, which lower chance of downfall.  And as far as fluctuation is concerned, price of bitcoin has always been fluctuating. Main reason for that is trading. A lot of people trade bitcoins for either altcoin or fiat currency and back, which lead to large market, and that have great impact on price.
jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:05:05 PM

I think not. This just happened last year. And after few months bitcoins price soar upto $20000. So dont loose hope in btc. It will go up again higher than before sooner or later.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:08:34 PM

People are always saying this after a huge correction. BItcoin is dead. The downfall of bitcoin. But if you take a look at the trend. It is normal for bitcoin to have a downtrending price. And after the news of the ban on China and Korea it is natural that bitcoin price will go down. If you study the previous trend bitcoin will moon after this huge correction.

Goodday

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:11:25 PM

by looking at bitcoin developments in 2018 seeing bitcoin prices drop dramatically, I'm sure that the bitcoin drop is only temporary and will return as before
welljo0108

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:11:53 PM

For me, its not going to downfall the btc because this 2018 is going to be growth it base on my experience of having friends using there bitcoin .
luigidosado

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:15:46 PM

Yes, bitcoin's value declined a lot during the start of this year, 2018. But january is not yet even over that's why i think its still to early to say that this will be the year of downfall for bitcoin. There are still a lot of time and there are also still have a lot of possibility for the bitcoin's market. As a form of investment it is just normal that there are times that their value experience a big downfall. There's still a lot that could happen for bitcoin this year.

Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:20:10 PM

I don't think that Bitcoil value will fall this year. What we are experiencing right now is a normal correction. The same thing happened in the previous years. 2017 was definitely the best year for cryptocurrencies but it doesn't mean that they will be abandoned. Many more people may discover Bitcoin. Fortunately, Lightning Network works pretty good so it shouldn't be a problem to handle a huge load. We just have to wait for wallet providers and merchants to implement LN. This will definitely help Bitcoin popularity.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: