Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:52:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tactics When Market is Falling  (Read 17171 times)
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:54:46 PM

If you got coin portfolio - Hodl is the best strategy when crypto market falls. Dips is the best time to extend your portfolio.
If you learn to trade, I advice you to enter with very insufficient amounts of money, until you spend months on exchanges watching and learning.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:47:43 PM

It is good to put stop losses when you want to protect a gain, putting it in a way that you will have a gain anyway, - if you put it when you are already losing, in most case it will just make it sure you lose your money at a sudden dip of the market.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Zanuar003

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:32:15 AM

stay save while waiting for a stable price. often see market movements.if it has risen from the price we buy right then it should be sold directly to avoid big losses.
Advicerabi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:47:14 AM

Hi all,
I am a relative newbie but have remained pretty calm during the difficult last week or so. The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.
Thanks

Trading forex and trading crypto was something different. when trading forex we can not only hold if  losses but if we trading crypto we can keep hold because we believe prices will go back up again, and the price is down can also be an opportunity to buy more crypto currency.
King Koopa

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:50:08 AM

My tactic so far is simply holding and doing additional research on what I currently hold. Perhaps I could consolidate, buy more, transfer, etc?
akihiro101117

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:54:42 AM

When it's falling down you just need to go on with the flow. ;)Take some rest and SLEEP,  until the price will become higher. Smiley   Wink

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:16:04 AM

The best thing to do when the market started to bleed is to HOLD so you wont lose anything at all,patience is a virtue you dont want to do panic selling because it will only worsen the situation,most of the people will do the same causing massive dumping of bitcoins or whaever coins you have,it will give the market more pressure and will eventually crash.

I agree with you, but this works only for long term investments. If you are planing short term investments with more violent coin and you need the assets involved, than maybe taking some lose by selling is not such a bad idea.

You're correct, a long term investment which you should be patience enough in order to avoid losses due of selling for just a cheap value. Actually, when in times planning to invest, you should ready all the possible losses which I believe it's just temporarily especially when the platform if your tokens is very demand and have a great potential in the future.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:21:32 AM

Hi all,
I am a relative newbie but have remained pretty calm during the difficult last week or so. The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.
Thanks

Maybe, my answer is almost the same as the other, that is HODL and buy it as much as possible.

HODL (If you aren't able to buy one) is the ultimate way and it proves to be effective to deal with situations like this, but HODL also requires a high level of patience especially a matter of time. Since we don't know how long we will have to wait?
When will the price change move up?

david0317

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:28:54 AM

Firstly no one can really tell what will happen in the futures market but you can have some idea through checking the fundamental analysis of the market of crypto world like looking at the news Fear Uncertainty Doubt (FUD) news can play a major part as well. It is like a negative news that can give impact to current market depending how the large and deep the news is and as for me if you think it will have a big effect you can switch to fiat currency for the meantime and just buyback at the lower and the market is going to be stable.
cesarzgamer

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:29:58 AM

If you can then HODL if your financial situation is really bad then you can sell it. But if you are in good situation then HODL and even buy more. The price will grow for sure you don't need worry too much. But if you must then you can make more research about coin, check online why the price is dropping. And watch videos crypto-related on youtube. I hope i helped but there was a lot people answering before so you should already have general idea Smiley
rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:39:06 AM

If you still a newbie, you can hold and buy more your favorite assets at the dip. The advances way to prevent loss from a market crash is to set up a stop loss. Here is the tutorial on how to set a stop loss on Bittrex exchanges: https://steemit.com/trading/@jaggedsoft/how-to-set-a-stop-loss-on-bittrex

Fitrilalala

Activity: 248

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:44:55 AM

Hi all,
Thanks
Its good to remain calm on trading, if you join the panic sell last week you will loss a lot of ypur capital. Its regular here when the price to high that need correction and the best thing you can do is hold your investment or add your investment when the price really drop to cover loss in investment before and sell it when the price return to normal.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:58:15 AM

Usually when market is falling the tactics that I've heard that most of the opportunistic crypto enthusiast told me is to buy as many low valued crypto currencies as many as you can and as many different kinds as you can but of course you have to carefully investigate and know very well if the crypto currency that you will choose to buy has a greater chance in surviving in the crypto world and most of all will be able to increase its market value so you can get back what you had invested plus the profit that you will be able to collect from it.
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:15:12 AM

Hi all,
Thanks
Its good to remain calm on trading, if you join the panic sell last week you will loss a lot of ypur capital. Its regular here when the price to high that need correction and the best thing you can do is hold your investment or add your investment when the price really drop to cover loss in investment before and sell it when the price return to normal.

That's a nice piece of advice but we can do one more thing which will be selling at the peak before the correction and then reinvesting when it goes to the lowest point but it requires good knowledge to identify the peak before selling out.

Am I spamming? Report me!
mary0919

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:18:36 AM

Hi all,
Thanks
At this time price is down this is the right time to buy for more coins that has good potential to rise up. The you will learn it after you hold your coins and you sold it. There is sacrifice to be done here when holding coins we must hold it and will sell in high price.
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 05:02:34 AM

the best tactic when the price goes down is HOLD, if you are sure with the future market price can also BUY. if it wants to cut loss is better done when still a maximum loss of 10%
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:14:06 AM

the best tactic when the price goes down is HOLD, if you are sure with the future market price can also BUY. if it wants to cut loss is better done when still a maximum loss of 10%

Yes that's the exact tactics I use instead of selling at lesser price we can hold on to it and then sell it after the correction and buy new coins during the dump as it becomes affordable.

Am I spamming? Report me!
anhhung409

Activity: 318

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:27:46 AM

I think it's best not to invest in anything now, it's a loss you make. The market is falling sharply and we have not identified the bottom of this decline. So, despite having large holdings, you still have the risk of losing money.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:28:02 AM

Cost average down if you're holding and start accumulating buying right here is a good entry to start.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:34:04 AM

the principle is only one, remain calm and continue to seek as much information as possible future prospects. For now the information can be easily obtained. but we have to filter that information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: