Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tactics When Market is Falling  (Read 17165 times)
Alex Khvatov

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 06:11:45 PM

Initially, you should decide on whether you are an a) investor or a b) trader. There's nothing wrong with either of those strategies, but they are very different in execution.

Investor - invests in the long-term. Picks projects that are likely to rise over time due to solid team / financials / other fundamentals, rather than the temporary hype. This approach typically requires less work and provides higher rewards than the alternative, but it is also high-risk and long-term. A part of it is weathering through the downs of the market and thus putting a stop loss order would prevent you from successfully executing this strategy.

Trader - benefits from short-term fluctuations, aggressively buying low and selling high. The stop loss order that the OP has mentioned would be a good fit here, because it would prevent a loss of a significant fraction of the capital gains. In fact, all kinds of market limit orders would be of great use in this strategy, since buy-sell decisions often have to be made immediately and at any time, not just when the trader is looking at his account.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I am an investor myself. It just works better for me, because I don't have that much time for the crypto-investments to occupy much of my day. However, I know of some highly successful traders.
Rabbai89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:13:37 PM

My best advice would be to Hodl! And when you experience everything way down in price and value, what i do is buy more. I have faith in this market and I've seen it happen before! The market will have massive gains and then it will go through a correction. Whether it be FUD or governments, whatever the case may be, I feel that this market and technology is far too strong to just come to a halt! There are massive amounts of money floating around in this market, and some big players too! I feel that the reaction of certain governments wanting to ban or regulate digital currencies shows that they are interested in the market as a whole! And they see the potential and the money and they are feeling the FOMO as well! So they are trying to get involved as well! And that alone speaks volumes! I believe we are going to have a terrific year this year with continued growth, but there will be bumps along the way. With all that being said, HODL boys!!!!!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:14:19 PM

Hi all,
I am a relative newbie but have remained pretty calm during the difficult last week or so. The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.
Thanks

It depends on what type of trader you are. Some people cut losses and buy back low. Some traders HODL and the others, well they average down and keep buying more at the bottom. Always keep a spare btc in times like this. You will get good coins at a great discount.

terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:19:20 PM

Personally, I use a very simple way. If I see that everything is falling, then I just close the laptop and go for a walk on the street, but if the fall is delayed, then I do other things to distract myself from crypto currency. To just not see this, because I have a very fast panic

svobodnyi

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:21:52 PM

It is best, of course, to sell all the positions before the fall, if you notice the signals of the market.
And if you did not notice and stayed with unprofitable positions - sit and wait, when they come out in a plus, and in the crypto-currency market this will happen sooner or later.

Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:27:13 PM

I used to use the USD wallet feature at a place I used to store my coins. It would allow me to sell out and then get back in through one of the more prominent  coins  when things got better. These days I have more hodl in me. A hodl is a hodl. Just picture your investment in a year from now. Do you really think it will be lower than it is today?
cepedacharles

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

If you are a long term investor or just invested in cryptocurrency right before the price starting to fall then on such situations the better would be for you to stay away from all this, take a little vacation and leave your coins in your wallet. Come back a few days later when the market is in good shape! That's the best way to relief yourself from all these FUD, panic etc. HODL is always a great strategy but for traders it is whole different story.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:31:04 PM

You can choose either to get out from these altcoins or stick with USD,because if bitcoin's price would fall the best thing to do is to buyback bitcoins from the dip so you could have more bitcoins from the dip,acquiring cheap bitcoins from the bloodbath would be perfect,then you can use that bitcoin to purchase cheap altcoins which would give you a lot of money when the market has started to get recovered.

yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:08:03 AM

If it has turned out so you have bought tokens at high price and the market has begun to fall, then here it is necessary to wait. It is difficult, the huge patience is necessary. It is necessary to know that the market will surely grow and you get the profit. Never panic!

hamster fat

Activity: 462

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:44:59 AM

You need to learn not to make emotional quick decisions when you trade on the exchange. When you make a deal you must have a plan for the future. Nobody knows what the market will be tomorrow, so you need to work only on your personal plan. And another tip - do not rush and work long-term. In this case, more opportunities to earn.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:03:08 AM

Hi all,
I am a relative newbie but have remained pretty calm during the difficult last week or so. The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.
Thanks
I think that set a stop-loss is the right tactic. This tactic will give you a great profit.
 But you need to be careful to catch the train when the market turns.

BlasterS

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:34:14 AM

When market is falling, grab the opportunity. It has a good income that waits you in the future. Automatically if the market is falling, then the price of all coins such as bitcoin and altcoin will be fall down.
Buy some stocks at that time then wait when its value increase.
sazon84

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:53:10 AM

I do not put stop-loss.  When  the market falls, I simply do not go to the stock exchange so as not to get upset.  Sometimes I go there to buy altcoyins at a cheap price.  After all the drawdowns, the coins in my portfolio still grew and gave profit.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:30:09 AM

I do not put stop-loss.  When  the market falls, I simply do not go to the stock exchange so as not to get upset.  Sometimes I go there to buy altcoyins at a cheap price.  After all the drawdowns, the coins in my portfolio still grew and gave profit.
My tactics having a good profit is keep buying a coin the reason why It is because the market is falling which I can buy in a low value of currency and take time to sell if the market goes up. I think people for now buying stocks for such thing because of the unpredictable market.
catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:41:39 AM

Hi all,
Thanks

I think the best thing to do in a falling term of the markets is just being patient and just waiting. With panic sells, you can get only incredible losses. In a falling term, be cold blooded and just hold.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:49:02 AM

My tactics when the market is falling were to hold on to what I already owned and either add to those coins spending ETH or additional FIAT as my funding source and also to take the opportunity to repurchase tokens at a discount I had already sold at a profit. It is prudent to buy in stages to mitigate further drops in price.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Nir_Liberdy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:32:54 AM

i try o find the falling markets and trade them for ETH.

if i see that i, too late i try to hodl it until dark days pass hopefully they'll pick up.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:46:31 PM

When the market value of different electronic or digital coins in the blockchain market is drooping down.
You should grab this opportunity to buy more investment in order to obtain a large amount of investment at cheaper price.
astridplomp

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:10:23 PM

i do believe when we see the price of bitcoin drop too low then that is the tine for us to make our own decision to use stop limit to cut our losses, dont just wait until it rises again, who knows how long it could be, so instead holding for long time then we should cut losses upbove 30% and trading to earn more profit in the future.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
mksundip

Activity: 726

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:12:03 PM

when the market price falls, I choose to buy gradually, and sell it gradually when it's up trend, that's the strategy that I use, in addition to long-term investment in ethereum

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: