Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:30:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You can buy KFC chicken by Bitcoin  (Read 1684 times)
dejames

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:49:07 AM

Major (9 Billion USD)  payment provider Stripe has just announced today they stop supporting Bitcoin payments - they conclude it because fewer and fewer are using it, and at the same time fees and transaction times makes it useless as a means of payment. You can see the details on their own website: https://stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support

Interesting and disappointing at the same time. I think they'd rather let some other dedicated payment processor to handle the bitcoin payments.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:51:14 AM

More and more people know Bitcoin. And I'm sure this opportunity is greatly utilized by big food companies like KFC, to enliven the cryptocurrency market and take a little profit from the Bitcoin they collect from their food sales. And I have never bought food with Bitcoin. Maybe the sensation will be different than we pay with real money. I want to try it sometime.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:54:34 AM

I saw this story a couple of weeks ago, surely it is just a gimmic at the moment as transaction fees would multiply the price of your meal. Why not be smart about things and get youself a crypto debit card instead? I got my Centra card at the end of December and I bought a pizza using XRP, I bought stuff from ebay using BTC and drinks at a bar using ETH. All with zero transaction fees. I can also take out cash from an ATM anywhere in the world and iwll be using it for travelling next week

It is the future  Smiley

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:00:47 AM

Canada is really the heaven for Bitcoin development. there are many corporations in the world accept Bitcoin now. I strongly believe that bitcoin will become the international payment tool in the world

MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:06:32 AM

Canada is really the heaven for Bitcoin development. there are many corporations in the world accept Bitcoin now. I strongly believe that bitcoin will become the international payment tool in the world

it is unlikely that it will be bitcoin due to high fees. Bitcoin will be occupied by other crypto, but by that time the government will come up with how to control the Crypto currency. Consequently, the Crypto currency will not differ from ordinary money
DavidStone

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:07:48 AM

Has anyone already used the payment by the bitcoins in this cafe? I wonder how the new people react to this method of payment
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:09:19 AM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes

Every establishment that puts faith and tries to integrate it to how they do business is something that has really been a boost to how bitcoin is discovered. It gives off that this can really be made possible, this showcases that cryptocurrencies value is not a fluke and gives to something that can be utilized and maybe considered to be another currency that people might understand

jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:09:36 AM

Wow it's pretty interesting to be able to buy KFC through bitcoin. It's a good news for people who are using bitcoins because we can see that bitcoin is really getting to be accepted more in transactions. I hope other countries would not ban bitcoin and accept it instead.

buinchain

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:01:56 AM

This is good news. At least some countries started accepting bitcoin. Although it is only KFC, it shows that this is an improvement. When the general public starts to accept bitcoin, bitcoin goes further into an economy.
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:06:04 AM

the good news for bitcoin user especially in canada, Grin but one thing I think about this, is it still effective if a merchant uses bitcoin as a payment? for example in this case, what is the price of the package offered in btc and how much fees of each transaction, if the fees to be paid almost or even exceed the price of the package, of course, many people will think again to buy. In my opinion, maybe merchants are better receiving cryptocurrency payments with lower fees and faster transaction than bitcoins.
Steadfast20

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:22:20 AM

This is both a good and bad for me. Good because it will increase the popularity of bitcoin because many people are eating at KFC but its bad too because we know that the fees are too high for bitcoin and its too slow. I would rather suggest a more scalable coin.

BetHash - Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS & more! ☞ Play Lottery | Play Dice | Get Referral Bonus[/center
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:10:11 AM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes

This is a good news indeed and it just indicates that bitcoin is becoming more and more accepted by the world. I also think that it is just the start for bitcoin's success because once KFC's competitors learned that it is an advantage for them to accept bitcoin, then they would possibly do the same thing as KFC did.

renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:18:50 AM

I think kfc did this just because of marketing because I think paying with bitcoin is not efficient, it may be very fast and easy with some other altcoins though.
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:19:01 AM

Good news for bitcoin family. KFC accepting bitcoin for shopping online! This will make things more easy all over the world. I hope other companies will emulate KFC very soon and this development will continue to spread throughout the whole world, from country to country. I also believe my home country companies will join the campaign soon next.

bobrova

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:58:45 AM

This is not of much use to me as I am a vegetarian. However, as an investor this is good news. It will pump the prices as Bitcoins will become more popular.
doaremon

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:12:39 PM

This is a geart example of acceptance of bitcoin. Crypto currency is becoming famous day by day. A few days ago, it was almost unknown to all. Even I didn't know about crypto currency 3 years ago. But the increasement of trading, acceptance of different countries gave crypto currency a new platform. To me it will be a new ear of Crypto currency. The investors will get more confidence while they invest in crypto currency.
In total day by day Bitcoin is stepping forward for success...

Booooooo

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:07:41 PM

Given the size of the commission, a bucket of chicken will be very expensive. I tend to believe that this is more of an advertising move than a real need.

dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:53:36 PM

it is a good start, it's also really good for bitcoin users. in the future will many restaurant or offline shop can accept bitcoin as a payment methode and I hope that also can happen in my country and that can give positive affect to rise up bitcoin price.
strongpic

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:58:43 PM

I want this to happen in my country, really want  Grin
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:59:00 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 10:32:33 PM by LastJedi

I don’t know if i’d use my bitcoin to buy some chicken, lol.. but still it’s obviously a good step for bitcoin and of course for all cryptocurrency world.
It was done during the very first bitcoin purchase of pizza so why not chicken?

I thought it was just a gimmick they were trying to pull of with their bitcoin price ticker on the bucket of KFC chicken trying to gain attention to their brand to the gen Y/X/whatever they want to be called at any given hour.
To look more innovative and with the time than other big restaurant brands.
But didn't know they were accepting bitcoin for the product they are selling itself. Grin

Good news if they are going to start doing it so other ones like pizza hut and subway will start to accept crypto payments as well if it is a success that is. Undecided

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: