Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAKE ICOs Bounties. What to do?  (Read 6400 times)
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?

You really need to read and study the company first before advertising them, because eventually that thing will surely happen, Or you can also put a note that just what I always do in order to depart myself to all the company that I advertise.

I usually put a note like this:
" Note: I'm am not a part of all the ICO that I promote, but you are free to study them yourself to know their legibility. "
Researching what you are advertising is critical I have seen people applying to some kind of bounty without even reading what it is about and that is a huge mistake after all how are you going to promote something you do not even know and second there have been some cases in which even the participants have been tagged by promoting a scam.

You cannot say that it is critical when you are about searching the right term because researching is also a way that you can actually correct those information that aren't right. But you have to make sure that the website you are in is correct, by the time that you think it is okay the details are all okay that would be the time you start on advertising the  project.
Its sometimes happen so if you happen to you like that then accept it because you make feel better easily when you accept it. So learn your mistake you so everytime you're going to participate in ICO make some research about it and dont easily trust to them especially when they are too eager to joined them.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:21:42 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?
It's good that you wrote here and asked for advice. The bounty company is very popular, and through participation in them it is possible to get tokens, but choosing which company and project is a scam, and how - no, it's really not easy. There are already created topics on the forum, in which points and parameters are provided, which should be taken into account when choosing a company of generosity. Take time, and search for them here.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
hashkonofficial

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:24:08 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 01:41:08 PM by hashkonofficial

I am also right now researching and looking for some good bounties and after reading your post I will refine my search a bit more...I suggest you too to do a refine search before participating in any of the bounties....Meanwhile I have participated in Ricona coin Bounty...It sounds good to me... Once my stakes were not credited or you can say a bit delay I complained to them and the members of the team immediately replied me and on the other hand stakes were there in my account....
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:15:09 PM

Easiest way to check ico for scam is to check some ico valuation services  like icorating or icobench, but nobody can't guarantee that it 100% not a scam. But it's a good start

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
focmere

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:21:04 PM

You can find a few well known people from the blockchain industry and go by their advice when they recommend an ICO and only to consider investing in those ICOs.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:29:34 PM

It is so cute to read the author say he encourages people to invest in an ico:)  it is great he believes he does,  but actually who will invest in a project having read on sm smth like "join the #ico,  #crowdsale is on now"  Huh Grin Grin so as for me bounty hunters have no responsibility for whether a project is a scam or not.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
blackhart7

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:50:18 PM

before do a bounty do some background check ..and check the bounty manager
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:53:11 PM

I really like the way you think man. Everyone should think like you and be careful on what projects they promote since it can really mess up other people's lives.

One thing I can advice you though is to read. Yes, you must read, read, read and internalize. This is the only way that you can be able to differentiate scams from real great projects that really does deserve a lot of support. Although I can't say that I am good at choosing campaigns, at least I can say that I am not promoting a scam project.

Hope you keep this in mind man.
Xcvbkol

Activity: 280

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:01:17 PM

in the ICO world, complete anarchy, so it is so difficult to guarantee the success of the project. You can watch the sites with project reviews, but this does not give any guarantee

Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

Spotting fake ICOs and bounty campaigns is very hard for me but not me.
Before I hit apply for bounty campaign, I do check first their Telegram Channel. If there are more than a thousand members then the higher chance that it is legitimate otherwise, I bumped into some channels that has only a hundred or less then I instantly close the page and find another good bounty campaigns elsewhere.
For me it's effective than wasting time on their websites, white papers, persons involved and other stuff.
marroxas

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:47:55 AM

Actually it is a bit difficult to distinguish which scam and which are real because most of the bounty projects offer interesting products, so to distinguish usually from the manager who holds the project and the team that is in it, if we have doubts with the manager and team though have a good concept better we do not just follow the project because there are many other projects that really real.
Road445

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:50:19 AM

Most of the time, you can find them through the gtihub code, you can watch their quality of coding to judge whether this bounty thread is a scam, this is some of my experience, generally choose a good bounty manager is the best way.

orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:40:22 PM

There is not much you can do except to check the projects carefully. Normally, there are three problems:
a) They don´t pay because its a scam.
b) They don´t pay your stakes or they pay late.
c) They pay, but it is not profitable

So you need to do all the checks to validate these points. A classic example, they say the token is worth 1$ and they pay 100 tokens, but the token is not worth even half.
SergiOLa

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:51:47 PM

You can do a research before you do those bounty program of that ICo. You can do that mate, if you think that those ICo bounty are scam of fake then just leave it. no need to pursue when you notice it. Most of the bounty program that is not fake are those ICos bounty who have more active member in their PoST and have many members.
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:53:52 PM

Do your own research about the project and the bounty campaign manager first. Then if you're sure about it then participate.
cunese

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:00:33 PM

There is no way, but you can report them. There is no supervision and practical implementation of the reward activities, so you should study it carefully when you meet the reward activities.

eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

First of all check the website if the website is HD and well organize and not cheap theres a possibility that its not scam. Second check the white paper if it has a pottential and unique idea then it has a chance of success in the ico. Then join the telegram look if it has a strong community and see also their social media like facebook and twitter account. Then check also the bounty manager sometimes the token hire their personal bounty manager and mostly are newbie in rank theres a risk there. So, its up to you if you join.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

Difficult situation. As it seems to me, we all will face such a problem once. But at best it is necessary to conclude a contract between the two parties so that there are no problems.
emsjvh

Activity: 324

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:54:56 PM

Difficult situation. As it seems to me, we all will face such a problem once. But at best it is necessary to conclude a contract between the two parties so that there are no problems.
To conclude a contract seems to me unreal. Too many people can contribute to the promotion program. This is a lot of problems for the customer.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 04:56:09 PM

even god company can scam you just need to choose a good project with a good team and a good roadmap and everything will be ok

Free palestine
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: