Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:54:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:37:35 PM

Maybe they will change the price based on video quality which makes sense to me, country with poor connections->poor->quality->cheap

Yes that not unrealistic, SD and HD quality, for sd quality also the server coasts will reduce.
Payment depending of quality- it seems for me as amateurish. I think must be fixed payment per month or for a larger discounted term for premium access with all the features.
They will not have a fixed payment per month as you can read here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871239.msg29576757#msg29576757
Thanks for this info, but for me it's still little bit fuzzily - how this model for paid content will be implemented in practice, I suppose the basic functions will be free?

I think they should offer some free and paid movies at the same time. Freebies are a powerful tool to attract new users.
It's really an excellent initial strategy, mainly having different platform competitors, charging high values like Netflix, but copying the template of promotional values start 30 days can be great, or some means of rewarding users by indication

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:42:57 PM

Yes bounty for subtitles is a good idea i think, I think there is a lot of possible ideas like that to develop with cryptoflix. I also want to see how the feature to fund film will work, there is a lot to do with that.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:56:07 PM

The free part will mostly be educational content. Whereas the entertainment content will probably be not free.

Any idea how much the free educational content costs? I mean the licensing costs for Cryptoflix.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:56:13 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 11:21:39 PM by turkandjaydee

maybe is better if they will apply different prices based on the country where they operate, based on fact that even 1$ can be a lot in certain countries

This is certain. For different countries there should be different prices. Since a person will prefer a pirated film than pay a large price for it.
That's not a good idea in general, and I think this is a business, this isn't a non profit organization who just want to eradicate piracy.

Why not a good idea? How would you imagine they go on totally different markets with equal price? The product will fail no matter how good it is if people won't be able to afford it. Even McDonald's adjusts prices in different countries.

Apply different price for different country won't hurt the business but how they will distinguish people via their country. What if people use vpn to get the lowest price?
That's what I thought at first, It will be able to be abused with vpn and since it can be paid with flix token, it will be very easy and then the higher price will be pointless.
And also McDonald's is a different model, McDonald's is franchise, its not like 1 team own all of the McDonalds, its a physical store, and the different prices is because the taxes like building/place tax.
If you read the whitepaper, they are targeting undeveloped countries, so they must already set the lowest price/minimum profits, so there is nothing to do if people still cant afford it.
And also if there will be a different prices, its not about make it cheaper for people who cant afford it, but take some benefits from people who can afford more than it.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:23:23 PM

Bounty for movies subtittle could be the better solution to reduce the costs that may expensive with the normal way.
I like this idea... should be pitched to the dev team.
Reward people for making good subtitles OR correcting existing ones... sounds nice and interesting

I think its a marvelous idea, one translator for translating and one translator for checking that translation, some bounty awards to those translators, nice and clean job, also quick payment opportunity for translators worldwide.
It was my idea, but I never got a response here nor did they answer this question in AMA, where I suggested it too.
So I think devs are not interested.
We might try to get some dev's attention on this because I do think it's a good idea.. Cryptoflix will have to start with a library and translations are always needed.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:35:11 AM

maybe is better if they will apply different prices based on the country where they operate, based on fact that even 1$ can be a lot in certain countries

This is certain. For different countries there should be different prices. Since a person will prefer a pirated film than pay a large price for it.

If I am not mistaken they also said this before that they will make prices regarding the region in which people are living. But that is nearly a standard these days. In Europe you pay often much more for stuff then in the USA.

But you cannot make it cheap because other countries would buy the account with VPN or so to get the lower price. Other platforms has done this too, iam sure there is a good way to stir around this.

I think other platforms try to avoid the VPN problematic through linking your account to specific regions. I am not sure about this, but there are differences on other services fees in different regions, which would make sense.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:18:40 AM

Bounty for movies subtittle could be the better solution to reduce the costs that may expensive with the normal way.
Reward people for making good subtitles OR correcting existing ones... sounds nice and interesting

I think its a marvelous idea, one translator for translating and one translator for checking that translation, some bounty awards to those translators, nice and clean job, also quick payment opportunity for translators worldwide.
It was my idea, but I never got a response here nor did they answer this question in AMA, where I suggested it too.
How do you want to judge is subtitles are good, bad or just straight out of Google translate?

Community voting could be a good idea. Votes will decide if a sub is good or not.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:23:37 AM

they could embed an open system to edit the translation and improve it actually, so even if it started as google translated people interested could fix it

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:07:09 AM

How do you want to judge is subtitles are good, bad or just straight out of Google translate?

Community voting could be a good idea. Votes will decide if a sub is good or not.

And then you want to make a voting for hundreds or thousands of translations? Great idea  Roll Eyes

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:39:01 AM

And then you want to make a voting for hundreds or thousands of translations? Great idea  Roll Eyes

no one will bother to vote for a half hour entertainment subtitle.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:44:08 AM

that could be a way to use voting. but honestly if they stream movies, won't these come with official subtitles?

areschen

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:53:40 AM

Crowdsourcing translation is a choose, everyone can modify the subtitles wording  and translate new sentence and vote to other

king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:17:43 AM

no one will bother to vote for a half hour entertainment subtitle.

I agree, only people who watch the show or movie anyway will vote on the subs. They could ask viewers after finishing the movie if the subs were good but you can't stream a movie with subs that you don't know the quality of so the idea doesn't seem feasible.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:46:26 AM

Maybe they will change the price based on video quality which makes sense to me, country with poor connections->poor->quality->cheap

Yes that not unrealistic, SD and HD quality, for sd quality also the server coasts will reduce.
Payment depending of quality- it seems for me as amateurish. I think must be fixed payment per month or for a larger discounted term for premium access with all the features.
They will not have a fixed payment per month as you can read here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871239.msg29576757#msg29576757
Thanks for this info, but for me it's still little bit fuzzily - how this model for paid content will be implemented in practice, I suppose the basic functions will be free?

I think they should offer some free and paid movies at the same time. Freebies are a powerful tool to attract new users.
i think so they will offer many free content and paid content will be on demand, there will not be a monthly subscription, bounty for subtitles would be a good idea...
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:01:41 AM

i think what is important is to have a decent amount of content to be watched and keep adding new and interesting content as much as possible.

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:38:13 AM

all this subtitles idea is lame, I think even the project is highly in speculation mode. Not a fail safe program
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:42:35 AM

all this subtitles idea is lame, I think even the project is highly in speculation mode. Not a fail safe program

Why? I dont see any problems here. Its a bit speculative because we dont see much progress yet but there is much to be established in the background.
I think the subtitle idea is very good. There are already many people of subgroups (mostly anime) out there which have a lot of experience and can work as a good translator. Why not take advantage of that instead of buying in expensive translated subtitles? There will be mistakes, some sentence that doesnt make fully sense, grammar and vocabulary errors but the overall translation of those hobby translators is pretty good.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:52:57 AM

Just try to watch a movie using a different language than your own.

After that think about how lame are subtitles. Not everyone is native English speaker nor all contents are English.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:02:28 PM

Just try to watch a movie using a different language than your own.

After that think about how lame are subtitles. Not everyone is native English speaker nor all contents are English.

The prime example would be any anime show from Japan. As a Westerner, you need subtitles but there are already dedicated groups providing these subs.
saintkamei

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:12:56 PM

Not if they project can raise enough funds to kick start it. There are challenges, yes (movie rights and funding for movies) but none that cannot be met with a little ingenuity. If they start small, focussing on a certain region first, it will be alright.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: