Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226631 times)
nanobit

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:57:26 PM

Added a warning in the OP. I'm sorry to hear that the scammers are operating here Sad

Be careful

It would be great if we could have more than just Max as a reliable escrow provider. I'm sure everyone agrees he is doing a brilliant job, but the amount of trades seem to grow by the day.
Naturally there's the inherent problem with trust, which makes finding a second provider quite difficult.

One solution might be, assuming someone wants to help and share Max's load, is that the escrow provider would give a fair amount of his MSC in escrow to dacoinminster. That way people trading would know that in case he tries to scam them, they are still compensated by dacoinminster from the scammer's own coins.

Having said that, nobody probably wants volunteer to do this unless there's fee per trade, unless you're really committed to this community and trust you'll get enough in tips to make it worth your while.  Smiley

I don't mind working for tips when i'm available, but I don't have reputation for it yet  Roll Eyes

In my proposal you wouldn't need to have a strong reputation beforehand, but you would need to be available daily.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inbox

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:11:59 PM

Added a warning in the OP. I'm sorry to hear that the scammers are operating here Sad

Be careful

It would be great if we could have more than just Max as a reliable escrow provider. I'm sure everyone agrees he is doing a brilliant job, but the amount of trades seem to grow by the day.
Naturally there's the inherent problem with trust, which makes finding a second provider quite difficult.

One solution might be, assuming someone wants to help and share Max's load, is that the escrow provider would give a fair amount of his MSC in escrow to dacoinminster. That way people trading would know that in case he tries to scam them, they are still compensated by dacoinminster from the scammer's own coins.

Having said that, nobody probably wants volunteer to do this unless there's fee per trade, unless you're really committed to this community and trust you'll get enough in tips to make it worth your while.  Smiley

We can trade with escrow via bitmit. Please check out my listing here: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/71250-mastercoins-select-quantity-to-purchase/?ref=3541
Bitmit fees are respectable and I've been using them for over a year now with no problems.
Pouncer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:17:47 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 07:32:39 PM by Pouncer

Be careful

I'll be pleased to help. I appears that Maxmint is operating in the US/Europe time zone. I'm in NZ, so I will be online when Maxmint is taking a break. That'll make this a 24x7 exchange!  Smiley

Trust:
I was one of the earlier buyers who bought 700MSC in 2 trades with Maxmint as escrow. I think we don't need to trouble JR with this. I'll be comfortable to send 5BTC to Maxmint as escrow, sort of acting as his sub contractor lol. After all, he started this valuable service. If Maxmint agrees I'll be happy to proceed.

Order book:
For starters, I've made a slightly more readable version of it here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoE8nAOEMIa7dElfTGo4UUlaRzhpTlVBa1NGbzExQmc&usp=sharing#gid=0
If Maxmint or the rest likes it, it can be ported over to the original file.
Not sure how long before the distributed exchange is up. For the time being, I can make a Google Form for traders to submit and withdraw bids. That may be easier to track and does not crowd out this forum. Again, only if folks like it.

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
HammerFist

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:19:40 PM

I don't mind working for tips when i'm available, but I don't have reputation for it yet  Roll Eyes
Actually, mishax1 probably is a good guy.  We had a chaotic day and I meant to send BTC to Max but mistakenly sent them directly to mishax1.  Although he made a little joke, he could have run off with the BTC and I had no recourse.  Rather, he delivered the transaction without delay.  So, on a first glance - I am saying the guy is honest/OK.  His sense of humor is a little twisted though.

I'm in NZ, so I will be online when Maxmint is taking a break. That'll make this a 24x7 exchange!  Smiley

I think we don't need to trouble JR with this.

I'll be comfortable to send 5BTC to Maxmint as escrow, sort of acting as his sub contractor lol. After all, he started this valuable service. If Maxmint agrees I'll be happy to proceed.
Good idea.  When Max sleeps, the damn market falls apart!  We need 24/7. 

Also, great idea to leave JR out of it.  That guy needs to get his lazy butt to work on real issues and no messing about with trivial matters.  His wife doesn't let him play too much so we've got to use his time wisely. 

Send Max the 5BTC and start making some trades.  I vote for Pouncer.  (But maybe you'd better send 10 or 20 - else technically your trade value ceiling would be pretty low.)
Pouncer

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:28:28 PM

Good idea.  When Max sleeps, the damn market falls apart!  We need 24/7. 

Also, great idea to leave JR out of it.  That guy needs to get his lazy butt to work on real issues and no messing about with trivial matters.  His wife doesn't let him play too much so we've got to use his time wisely. 

Send Max the 5BTC and start making some trades.  I vote for Pouncer.  (But maybe you'd better send 10 or 20 - else technically your trade value ceiling would be pretty low.)

Have to hear what Max thinks first.

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:34:05 PM

We can trade with escrow via bitmit. Please check out my listing here: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/71250-mastercoins-select-quantity-to-purchase/?ref=3541
Bitmit fees are respectable and I've been using them for over a year now with no problems.

First of all, I'd be really happy to see more people escrowing Mastercoin trades. But I'm not sure if the guys at bitmit are able to do proper escrow – do they even know about Mastercoin and how to determine a successful transaction?

I'll be pleased to help. I appears that Maxmint is operating in the US/Europe time zone. I'm in NZ, so I will be online when Maxmint is taking a break. That'll make this a 24x7 exchange!  Smiley

Trust:
I was one of the earlier buyers who bought 700MSC in 2 trades with Maxmint as escrow. I think we don't need to trouble JR with this. I'll be comfortable to send 5BTC to Maxmint as escrow, sort of acting as his sub contractor lol. After all, he started this valuable service. If Maxmint agrees I'll be happy to proceed.

Order book:
For starters, I've make a slightly more readable version of it here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoE8nAOEMIa7dElfTGo4UUlaRzhpTlVBa1NGbzExQmc&usp=sharing#gid=0
Not sure how long before the distributed exchange is up. For the time being, I can make a Google Form for traders to submit and withdraw bids. That may be easier to track and does not crowd out this forum. Again, only if folks like it.

The new orderbook is great! I'd love to port this new look to the original.
Also, the submit form for traders would be awesome! Do you have something up already?

If you want to start escrowing trades I can hold your 5 BTC on an escrow address so people know there's at least a bit of a safety net. I think this is a great idea to get started. After a while people can rate you based on their experience and I can return the coins to you.

And yes, I'm based in Europe. Actually, the antipode of my place is a couple hundred kilometers east of NZ so that would be a perfect fit Smiley

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Pouncer

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:48:08 PM

First of all, I'd be really happy to see more people escrowing Mastercoin trades. But I'm not sure if the guys at bitmit are able to do proper escrow – do they even know about Mastercoin and how to determine a successful transaction?

I'll be pleased to help. I appears that Maxmint is operating in the US/Europe time zone. I'm in NZ, so I will be online when Maxmint is taking a break. That'll make this a 24x7 exchange!  Smiley

Trust:

Order book:
For starters, I've make a slightly more readable version of it here

The new orderbook is great! I'd love to port this new look to the original.
Also, the submit form for traders would be awesome! Do you have something up already?

If you want to start escrowing trades I can hold your 5 BTC on an escrow address so people know there's at least a bit of a safety net. I think this is a great idea to get started. After a while people can rate you based on their experience and I can return the coins to you.

And yes, I'm based in Europe. Actually, the antipode of my place is a couple hundred kilometers east of NZ so that would be a perfect fit Smiley

Sweet! Please let me have the Bitcoin escrow address.
To port over the revised orderbook, I can give you editing rights and you'll have to do it. Otherwise you'll need to give me editing rights to the original and I'll do it.

But if I'll be assisting in the escrow, I'll need the editing rights to the original to keep it updated. So my suggestion is:

1. You publish the escrow escrow address
2. I'll send you 5BTC
3. We exchange gmail accounts over PM
4. You give me the editing rights
5. I'll port over the new version, and put up the forms. It won't take long.
6. We'll jointly manage the file.

What do you think?

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:01:24 PM

To port over the revised orderbook, I can give you editing rights and you'll have to do it. Otherwise you'll need to give me editing rights to the original and I'll do it.

But if I'll be assisting in the escrow, I'll need the editing rights to the original to keep it updated. So my suggestion is:

2. I'll send you 5BTC

What do you think?

Sounds like a plan!

Here's your escrow address:
1CDTXYWfeU7PbigikuMkzf7MNDc6yKfpxD

People will be able to see the balance here:
https://blockchain.info/address/1CDTXYWfeU7PbigikuMkzf7MNDc6yKfpxD

I will keep the coins in the escrow address until you have at least 10 successful Mastercoin transactions, would that be OK?
Should you be scamming someone, your coins will be used to compensate the victim.
In any case, I won't touch the coins without talking back to you guys here on the forum first.

I'll send a PM to you so we can exchange Gmail addresses.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
nanobit

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:17:27 PM

2. I'll send you 5BTC

What do you think?
Sounds like a plan!

I will keep the coins in the escrow address until you have at least 10 successful Mastercoin transactions, would that be OK?
Should you be scamming someone, your coins will be used to compensate the victim.
In any case, I won't touch the coins without talking back to you guys here on the forum first.

Great! I'm glad to see this got from an idea into action this quickly! Smiley
Perhaps 10 BTC would be better though, in case people want to make larger transactions and are hesitant in the beginning? Not that Kiwis wouldn't be trustworthy. Wink
Pouncer

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:24:27 PM

2. I'll send you 5BTC

What do you think?

Sounds like a plan!

Escrow sent
https://blockchain.info/tx/453adce8f123ca71501b4804bbe3d6b03d93bf7ebb0c637cb77fa4623eafe5b8

Olimpiata

Activity: 99

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:10:42 PM

Please put a sell order for me for 100 MSC at 0.14 BTC/MCS.

Many thanks,
Sean.
Pouncer

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:21:24 PM

Please put a sell order for me for 100 MSC at 0.14 BTC/MCS.

Many thanks,
Sean.

Done.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 10:23:12 PM

I'll put another 200 up for 0.12BTC each.  Cheers

can I just buy 20 mastercoins? if yes, please PM me.

going to have a trade with lishbtc.
Who can be the escrow?

lishbtc + maxmint, Got the 20 Mastercoins. Great doing business with you all.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 10:37:15 PM

Be careful

Having said that, nobody probably wants volunteer to do this unless there's fee per trade, unless you're really committed to this community and trust you'll get enough in tips to make it worth your while.  Smiley

Hi Guys,

I would like to be a reliable MasterCoin escrow too as I'm on Asia time zone (Malaysia).

I run a consultancy at http://bitcoinmalaysia.com, an escrow site at http://btc-asia.com/ (getting JohnK on-board as my brand ambassador soon)
and I've done some manual escrows in the past months (I get 1% of any deal.) - see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240370.0

Pretty excited about http://www.bitcoinsingapore2013.com as I have my conference tickets in hand and hope to quit my day job in Q1 2014.

Buzz me if you like me to help out.

Pouncer

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:17:50 AM

I've set up an online form for users to submit requests to add or edit an entry in the order book. I think this will be easier to track compared to manually parsing through this long thread to manage such requests. Please try this form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11X5Rp5lkc-LKs-lTneiM8NWRB7LBJMg1DxLKGKf-mTE/viewform

All requests will be automatically logged in the "Requests" tab, but will not be updated to the "Orders" tab until Maxmint or Pouncer does it manually.

Anyone who knows how to write a script to automate this or has a better way to manage the increasing trade volume will be great!

Hope this helps!

inbox

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:29:35 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 12:41:32 AM by inbox

First of all, I'd be really happy to see more people escrowing Mastercoin trades. But I'm not sure if the guys at bitmit are able to do proper escrow – do they even know about Mastercoin and how to determine a successful transaction?

Bitmit doesnt escrow the mastercoins, they only hold the bitcoins. Once bitcoins are in escrow, the seller sends mastercoins to the buyer. Once buyer is satisfied, releases escrow and transactions is complete.
In case of dispute, the blockchain doesnt lie. No risk to either party.

If there are any takers, please send me your offers via pm or message on bitmit.

Faraday

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:46:19 AM

First of all, I'd be really happy to see more people escrowing Mastercoin trades. But I'm not sure if the guys at bitmit are able to do proper escrow – do they even know about Mastercoin and how to determine a successful transaction?

Bitmit doesnt escrow the mastercoins, they only hold the bitcoins. Once bitcoins are in escrow, the seller sends mastercoins to the buyer. Once buyer is satisfied, releases escrow and transactions is complete.

If there are any takers, please send me your offers via pm or message on bitmit.

And in case of dispute, do Bitmit know how to determine if the Mastercoins were sent or not? That was his question.

e: After looking at the link I see the seller of the Mastercoins is Admin, so does this mean that is your website? Which basically means they are just trusting you, so why even bother with the website at all?
inbox

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:05:31 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 02:02:59 AM by inbox

And in case of dispute, do Bitmit know how to determine if the Mastercoins were sent or not? That was his question.

e: After looking at the link I see the seller of the Mastercoins is Admin, so does this mean that is your website? Which basically means they are just trusting you, so why even bother with the website at all?

I'm just a seller. Please check out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41592.0 for more information about bitmit. Bitmit has been around for a long time and is a great place to sell.
If there is a dispute, I will link the mastercoin transaction to the buyers receiving address. They can check it out on mastercoin-explorer to see that the mastercoins were sent.

Super convenient way of buying mastercoins directly from sellers. As for selling, well the orderbook is still necessary.
j5t

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:19:44 AM

Could my order please be removed. Still getting PMs  Tongue
Pouncer

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:43:22 AM

Could my order please be removed. Still getting PMs  Tongue

Done
See updated order book

Please request for Order Book changes using this Order Form

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: