Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:23:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92541 times)
Inskchen

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:06:11 AM

That is the first best thing to do, We'll appreciated all your efforts and hardwork for this project, In return we pledges our support for this project, We still believe in your advocacy and hope to see BTC2 will be lsited on the first 100 coin in CMC!
Patience and time are keys to get there, to move upwards to top 100 in CMC.
Bitcoin2 has been extremely under-valued at the moment.
Give it time, give the Bitcoin 2 Team more time, then we all can witness a magic.
I think the team will make good marketing soon and the price will be higher. A small airdrop on the  exchange has already attracted the attention of new users. I am only confused by the small amount of coins in circulation.

Well, it makes a lot of sense actually that if a lot of people don't yet know about Bitcoin 2, then less people will have claimed them from the fork. Also most of the private keys are owned by exchanges which makes claiming difficult or impossible for most people. So most of the BTC2 will likely remain unclaimed even if millions knew about BTC2 and so the current supply number will never be all that close to the truly circulating supply.
Also hodling BTC2 pays, so that's what most do with their BTC2 right now.
If exchanges have a lot of coins, then they can easily manipulate the price?

Only major exchanges that currently don't yet list Bitcoin 2, such as Bitfinex would have a lot. Assuming that they even knew which Bitcoin keys on their exchange have a BTC2 balance or bothered and dared to import them. They would essentially use their customers' funds to do so. Which would not go unnoticed for long and would end up outraging their customers who would rather redeem them themselves.

As far as I know, this hasn't really been a problem for any Bitcoin forks but if it ever becomes a problem for Bitcoin 2, there are solutions for such. For example in such a case we could consider locking any unclaimed BTC2 from the fork, thus lowering the supply. (By checking whether or not they have been moved in some way since the earliest blocks of Bitcoin 2. Such as by staking them or by transferring them.) We can already start discussing how you guys would feel about such a move if one day it would be wanted by the community as it is not the kind of decision that the developers should do on their own. The easiest way is to lock them by code from using the BTC2 that they have, based on the public addresses. Such a lock could technically be undone later but if we decide to do it in the first place, it is very unlikely that we would want to undo it.
The lock for the exchange seems to me to be right.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hiromono

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 03:53:12 AM

That is the first best thing to do, We'll appreciated all your efforts and hardwork for this project, In return we pledges our support for this project, We still believe in your advocacy and hope to see BTC2 will be lsited on the first 100 coin in CMC!
Give it time, give the Bitcoin 2 Team more time, then we all can witness a magic.
I think the team will make good marketing soon and the price will be higher. A small airdrop on the  exchange has already attracted the attention of new users. I am only confused by the small amount of coins in circulation.

Well, it makes a lot of sense actually that if a lot of people don't yet know about Bitcoin 2, then less people will have claimed them from the fork. Also most of the private keys are owned by exchanges which makes claiming difficult or impossible for most people. So most of the BTC2 will likely remain unclaimed even if millions knew about BTC2 and so the current supply number will never be all that close to the truly circulating supply.

Only major exchanges that currently don't yet list Bitcoin 2, such as Bitfinex would have a lot. Assuming that they even knew which Bitcoin keys on their exchange have a BTC2 balance or bothered and dared to import them. They would essentially use their customers' funds to do so. Which would not go unnoticed for long and would end up outraging their customers who would rather redeem them themselves.

As far as I know, this hasn't really been a problem for any Bitcoin forks but if it ever becomes a problem for Bitcoin 2, there are solutions for such. For example in such a case we could consider locking any unclaimed BTC2 from the fork, thus lowering the supply. (By checking whether or not they have been moved in some way since the earliest blocks of Bitcoin 2. Such as by staking them or by transferring them.) We can already start discussing how you guys would feel about such a move if one day it would be wanted by the community as it is not the kind of decision that the developers should do on their own. The easiest way is to lock them by code from using the BTC2 that they have, based on the public addresses. Such a lock could technically be undone later but if we decide to do it in the first place, it is very unlikely that we would want to undo it.

It would be hard to judge which Bitcoin addresses belong to the exchanges. So most likely if we do this one day, all unclaimed ones would be locked. Meaning the fork airdrop of Bitcoin 2 would end.
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 04:09:59 PM

It would be hard to judge which Bitcoin addresses belong to the exchanges. So most likely if we do this one day, all unclaimed ones would be locked. Meaning the fork airdrop of Bitcoin 2 would end.

Is locking such exchanges btc address could be beneficial or not?
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:32:12 PM

delete
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:34:30 PM

Bitcoin 2 is still in development and the wallets and the main net will launch in late February or March.

After launch, if you already own Bitcoins or Bitcoin 2s, then you'll be able to just download and install the Bitcoin 2 Core Wallet and import your Bitcoins there. Then all you have to do to mine/forge is keep the application running.

A normal computer, even a laptop will suffice because it uses a Proof of Stake algorithm. In the beginning only a minority of the coins will be staking so the early adopters will be able to mine/forge with a high chance of becoming the block creator. (0.6 Bitcoin 2s awarded to the staker per block until the maximum supply has been reached. The staker also gets the transaction fees for that block. One block created per minute.)

Swift TX and the future decentralized in-wallet exchange will be supported by Masternodes. Anyone with 1000 Bitcoin 2s and a dedicated server or a VPN with a static IP address will be able to run a Masternode.
The Masternode at the head of the queue gets rewarded 0.2 Bitcoin 2s on every newly created block (25% of the total block reward), regardless of who created the block.

something stinks
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 913
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 03:22:21 AM

Bitcoin 2 is still in development and the wallets and the main net will launch in late February or March.

After launch, if you already own Bitcoins or Bitcoin 2s, then you'll be able to just download and install the Bitcoin 2 Core Wallet and import your Bitcoin private keys there. Then all you have to do to mine/forge is keep the application running. If you are worried about the safety of doing so, you can: First move your BTC to a new address, then use the private key from the "old" address (which now has 0 BTC and thus cannot be stolen) to claim your BTC2.

A normal computer, even a laptop will suffice because it uses a Proof of Stake algorithm. In the beginning only a minority of the coins will be staking so the early adopters will be able to mine/forge with a high chance of becoming the block creator. (0.6 Bitcoin 2s awarded to the staker per block until the maximum supply has been reached. The staker also gets the transaction fees for that block. One block created per minute.)

Swift TX and the future decentralized in-wallet exchange will be supported by Masternodes. Anyone with 1000 Bitcoin 2s and a dedicated server or a VPN with a static IP address will be able to run a Masternode.
The Masternode at the head of the queue gets rewarded 0.2 Bitcoin 2s on every newly created block (25% of the total block reward), regardless of who created the block.

something stinks

That 9 month old post was not worded perfectly. Thanks for noticing. Since then we have added this piece of text to the instructions on how to claim BTC2 from the fork:
If you are worried about the safety of doing so, you can: First move your BTC to a new address, then use the private key from the "old" address (which now has 0 BTC and thus cannot be stolen) to claim your BTC2.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
Inskchen

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:21:30 AM

I just want some clarification, since we have a very informative discussion here, now my question is, what will happen to unclaimed btc2 which is now located on some major exchange, is this BTC2 is now staking? or genrating btc2? Since the word unclaimed word used, meaning, it is not yet claimed and remain hidden behind the btc wallet.. Now my question is, even the coin is unclaimed is it now capable of staking or not?

Unclaimed means that no one has touched it or staked with it, and the owner probably is unaware that they have the BTC2 or simply doesn't have the private key or won't claim it. So no, unclaimed BTC2 cannot stake. They would have to import the private key to the BTC2 wallet in order to claim it and start staking with it.

Thanks for clarification, That means there a lot of BTC2 will become gone forever and the best thing is, this BTC whales will never manipulate the BTC2 market anymore! and the good news is according to you, if they so, your team has the solution for this.. That's brilliant!
I like this opinion, I wish there was no price whale manipulation.
Inskchen

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:24:05 AM

Very interesting, then in a few years what is the maximum number of coins that can be reached?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 07:46:25 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 03:21:16 AM by jackleszz

Very interesting, then in a few years what is the maximum number of coins that can be reached?

The current supply is 17.05 million, including all the unclaimed coins. The actual amount of claimed coins and generated BTC2 in circulation is only a tiny portion of that.

About 400k BTC2 is generated per year until the maximum supply of 21 million is reached. So with the consensus rules as they are, that will happen in 10 years.

Pokesoul

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:39:05 PM

I think you can block after a good company promoting the project on the Internet. If you make a lock now it may be unfair. In the future, if the big exchanges want to distribute coins to their users, it will be possible to unblock addresses. I think Bitcoin 2 will cause great interest when the planned functions are implemented and the price increases.
lhtot8

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:56:12 AM

I followed the Bitcoin 2 project for months, and honestly lots of participants of the ANN topic over-quoted inside their posts.
Please avoid over quoting, everyone.
Please only quote which specific parts of original posts that you want to mention and discuss.
Only quote specific posts you want to discuss, and delete/ eliminate un-used posts.
Thanks.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 04:13:56 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 04:29:30 AM by jackleszz

Bitcoin 2 Core version 2.1.4 has been released at https://github.com/BITC2/bitcoin2/releases.

Version 2.1.4 Change log:

• Lowered minimum Swift TX feature's fee from 0.01 BTC2 to 0.00050000 BTC2. This fee change will only take effect after enough masternodes update to v.2.1.4 or newer.
  • RPC sendfrom command can now optionally send as a Swift TX and will no longer use funds from other accounts in the same wallet if the transaction fee + amount would total more than the amount in the account’s balance. Also, now if account name is a BTC2 address, change is sent to that address.
  • RPC listtransactions fix: Write new transactions to wtxOrdered properly.
  • Allow passing change address as string to CreateTransaction().
  • RPC importprivkey command now returns the public address on success and sets the public address as the label if “$pub” is passed to it as the label.
  • A few RPC commands reported wrong values for account/label balances after staking with a wallet. This has now been fixed at least when there are no internal transfers (without a corresponding transaction in the blockchain) between accounts on the same wallet but as a result the following RPC commands now work differently than before and will display different values than before:
    ... listtransactions
    ... getbalance "account"
    ... listaccounts (You can use this legacy function to check accounts/labels, but not balances.)

Updating to this version is recommended but optional.

To update, you just need to download the archive and copy the executable files in the bin folder to replace the ones you had installed already.

The web wallet is now operational. I will send the address by PM to anyone who wants to test it before we release it officially.

johnwellfluk

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:20:20 AM

Exchanges: Crex24
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bitc2org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bitc2.org/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitc2
Github: https://github.com/BITC2/bitcoin2
Wallets (v.2.1.3): https://www.bitc2.org#wallets or https://github.com/BITC2/bitcoin2/releases

working fine all web site
Inskchen

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:09:11 PM

I followed the Bitcoin 2 project for months, and honestly lots of participants of the ANN topic over-quoted inside their posts.
Please avoid over quoting, everyone.
Please only quote which specific parts of original posts that you want to mention and discuss.
Only quote specific posts you want to discuss, and delete/ eliminate un-used posts.
Thanks.
I understand, but for example, I often read only the last page, so I like these posts.
Inskchen

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:28:15 AM

Bitcoin 2 Core version 2.1.4 has been released at https://github.com/BITC2/bitcoin2/releases.

Version 2.1.4 Change log:

• Lowered minimum Swift TX feature's fee from 0.01 BTC2 to 0.00050000 BTC2. This fee change will only take effect after enough masternodes update to v.2.1.4 or newer.
  • RPC sendfrom command can now optionally send as a Swift TX and will no longer use funds from other accounts in the same wallet if the transaction fee + amount would total more than the amount in the account’s balance. Also, now if account name is a BTC2 address, change is sent to that address.
  • RPC listtransactions fix: Write new transactions to wtxOrdered properly.
  • Allow passing change address as string to CreateTransaction().
  • RPC importprivkey command now returns the public address on success and sets the public address as the label if “$pub” is passed to it as the label.
  • A few RPC commands reported wrong values for account/label balances after staking with a wallet. This has now been fixed at least when there are no internal transfers (without a corresponding transaction in the blockchain) between accounts on the same wallet but as a result the following RPC commands now work differently than before and will display different values than before:
    ... listtransactions
    ... getbalance "account"
    ... listaccounts (You can use this legacy function to check accounts/labels, but not balances.)

Updating to this version is recommended but optional.

To update, you just need to download the archive and copy the executable files in the bin folder to replace the ones you had installed already.

The web wallet is now operational. I will send the address by PM to anyone who wants to test it before we release it officially.
I tested the web wallet, I liked it, the very fast transaction. I received coins in my Windows wallet after 1-2 seconds.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 05:00:35 AM

I tested the web wallet, I liked it, the very fast transaction. I received coins in my Windows wallet after 1-2 seconds.

Thanks. The web wallet is scheduled to be released this Thursday, on November 8, 2018.

Pokesoul

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:41:39 AM

Thanks. The web wallet is scheduled to be released this Thursday, on November 8, 2018.
Good news from the Developer, I hope the news will have an impact on the price, which has dropped significantly. And the number of masternodes decreased from 29 to 25.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 10:22:02 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 05:17:26 PM by jackleszz

Good news from the Developer, I hope the news will have an impact on the price, which has dropped significantly.

The sudden price change was caused by a claim of 611 BTC2 from a single private key by a BTC whale and a dump of that for whatever bid price. Apparently there's not enough volume yet
to handle such a rare dump unscathed. At least it increased activity.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 10:22:25 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 05:21:06 PM by jackleszz

Just to clarify, all you have to do to "claim" your BTC2 from the Bitcoin fork and have it forever spendable regardless of what we might some day do with a pre-announcement, is to move it to another BTC2 address or let the wallet finish syncing and stake with it.

Inskchen

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 04:52:53 PM

Good news from the Developer, I hope the news will have an impact on the price, which has dropped significantly.

The sudden price change was caused by a claim of 611 BTC2 from a single private key by a BTC whale and a dump of that for whatever bid price. Apparently there's not enough volume yet
to handle such a rare dump unscathed. At least it increased activity.
Increased activity is good, but not enough buyers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: