Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92560 times)
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 913
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 03:19:13 PM

I have my Google Auth in my AWS account, it is impossible someone hacking my aws, If this happened it is came from inside AWS.. I have 3 MN inside my AWS account, it means that all of them are vulnerable now?

If only one of them got hacked so far, then the AWS account is probably not compromised but move all of the coins to a local secure wallet as soon as possible just in case for now.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
Hiromono

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 10:56:53 PM

...when I open my MN now in AWS....

Your BTC2 for the masternode is supposed to be kept in a local wallet as per the setup guide, that means that you either set it up in an insecure manner or if your btc2 was actually in your local wallet, then the local wallet was compromised rather than the AWS one.
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 12:13:21 AM

...when I open my MN now in AWS....

Your BTC2 for the masternode is supposed to be kept in a local wallet as per the setup guide, that means that you either set it up in an insecure manner or if your btc2 was actually in your local wallet, then the local wallet was compromised rather than the AWS one.

I kept my wallet.dat file in the safe storage, I haven't set the local wallet since I have multiple MN.. I wondered why i was hacked since I place all of my backup to my offline storage, no one use it this is my private external storage, and I also use a personal computer.. I think it is not the aws issue, because i have 2 left MN there, if they hacked my account they don't hesitate to get it all! I think it is the wallet, because it is not the first time I encountered it, the first encounter was on my wallet.dat I dunno it is very rare case but it was not working when i put it on my wallet storage.. How come the wallet dat will become corrupted.. I hope your team taking care of this issue.. that wallet I used in MN is never been used at any transaction except incoming when i sent coin to it from my main wallet. I never recover the BTC2 on that wallet.dat, I sent pm to jacklezz, i hope he'd remember it..

Your help is really appreciated since I'm one of your avid follower and voluntarily promote this project.. Again I had this issue, this is not good.. It is okay when the fault is mine.. But I took all the security measurement (except the local wallet.) to do the setup.
vindiesel8055

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:34:50 AM

How the development on in wallet decentralized exchange is going on ? We are in middle of second quarter and also I would like to know th number of exchanges which are expected in near future those significant ones not smaller
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 04:20:43 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 08:01:31 AM by jackleszz

I kept my wallet.dat file in the safe storage, I haven't set the local wallet since I have multiple MN.. I wondered why i was hacked since I place all of my backup to my offline storage, no one use it this is my private external storage, and I also use a personal computer.. I think it is not the aws issue, because i have 2 left MN there, if they hacked my account they don't hesitate to get it all! I think it is the wallet, because it is not the first time I encountered it, the first encounter was on my wallet.dat I dunno it is very rare case but it was not working when i put it on my wallet storage.. How come the wallet dat will become corrupted.. I hope your team taking care of this issue.. that wallet I used in MN is never been used at any transaction except incoming when i sent coin to it from my main wallet. I never recover the BTC2 on that wallet.dat, I sent pm to jacklezz, i hope he'd remember it..

Your help is really appreciated since I'm one of your avid follower and voluntarily promote this project.. Again I had this issue, this is not good.. It is okay when the fault is mine.. But I took all the security measurement (except the local wallet.) to do the setup.

You can have multiple masternodes controlled by a single local node, with all the masternode collaterals in one wallet.dat, which you can optionally indeed put to encrypted cold storage after starting the masternodes if you don't want to monitor them. Your local masternode.conf accepts multiple masternode lines. So clearly you have set your masternodes up differently. Any wallet.dat copy you have is an access point to your coins, so all of them have to be secured.
Bitcoins also sometimes get stolen/hacked. Bitcoin 2 is not immune to it unless you keep everything secure. A masternode that is accessible from the web is an easier target than a local node and so if there's any coins on a web server's wallet.dat file, careful security practices are needed.
It is easy to make a mistake somewhere along setting things up if you are not careful or don't know exactly what you are doing. So far in 8 months no one else has reported such losses of BTC2.

Inskchen

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:28:00 AM

Can I encrypt a wallet that contains masternodes?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 07:17:11 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 07:40:18 AM by jackleszz

Can I encrypt a wallet that contains masternodes?

Yes. You can do it with Settings - Encrypt wallet. Or use your own encryption tool. All your backups would need to be encrypted too for it to be useful.
The downside is that then your local wallet would not be staking.

You may want to make a human readable wallet dump as well with the debug console command dumpwallet, or just dump the private keys one by one with the dumpprivkey command if you only have a few addresses in use. And then encrypting whatever file contains the wallet dump or the private keys. This way you can import just the useful private keys later to another wallet or the web wallet if needed one day.

These instructions were added to the masternode setup guide now.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 08:15:54 AM

How the development on in wallet decentralized exchange is going on ? We are in middle of second quarter and also I would like to know th number of exchanges which are expected in near future those significant ones not smaller

We are in the second half actually. ^^
The in-wallet decentralized exchange won't be finished in a month. It is more work than we imagined while making the road map, and we had more of other Bitcoin 2 related work to do than we imagined at that time as well. We'll be updating our road map soon, and it should get some 2019 plans as well.

As for exchanges, we are waiting our Bisq listing which will allow us to get listed on coinmarketcap, and there may be other exchange listings in a month or two as well. Altmarkets unfortunately got exploited quickly because of using an insecure exchange platform and is now in the process of refunding users and shutting down. A shame because there was an interesting community on that exchange.

Inskchen

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:19:26 AM

We are in the second half actually. ^^
The in-wallet decentralized exchange won't be finished in a month. It is more work than we imagined while making the road map, and we had more of other Bitcoin 2 related work to do than we imagined at that time as well. We'll be updating our road map soon, and it should get some 2019 plans as well.

As for exchanges, we are waiting our Bisq listing which will allow us to get listed on coinmarketcap, and there may be other exchange listings in a month or two as well. Altmarkets unfortunately got exploited quickly because of using an insecure exchange platform and is now in the process of refunding users and shutting down. A shame because there was an interesting community on that exchange.
I think the change in the roadmap is normal, it is important to continue working on the project. When will the active promotion of the project begin?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 04:06:25 AM

When will the active promotion of the project begin?

With the crypto markets as they are, the current marketing plan is to do a bounty and a discord channel (and possibly a bot for it) and some exchange listing(s) before major advertising, which might wait till a coinmarketcap listing to add credibility. The marketing plan may be adjusted along the way.

Merry.23

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:19:47 AM

Is this Bitcoin private keys supported? i mean the 2009 private keys?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

Is this Bitcoin private keys supported? i mean the 2009 private keys?

Ones that had a balance in February 5 2018 (Block 507850) can claim BTC2 1:1 yes.
Segwit/Bech32 addresses not supported.

Inskchen

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:55:04 AM

When will the active promotion of the project begin?

With the crypto markets as they are, the current marketing plan is to do a bounty and a discord channel (and possibly a bot for it) and some exchange listing(s) before major advertising, which might wait till a coinmarketcap listing to add credibility. The marketing plan may be adjusted along the way.
I understand, can you give us new signatures? Or use old ones?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:30:23 AM

I understand, can you give us new signatures? Or use old ones?

Yeah those with a Member rank are better off with this new signature that I am using:
Higher ranks are better off with the old ones for now.

Code:
██[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]███[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]██ ⚡ [url=https://www.bitc2.org]BITCOIN 2[/url] ⚡ ██[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]██c█[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]██[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]███[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]██
██[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]███[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]██ ⚡ [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]Join the discussion thread[/url] ⚡ ██[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]███[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871452]███[/url]██
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:48:59 AM

You can have multiple masternodes controlled by a single local node, with all the masternode collaterals in one wallet.dat, which you can optionally indeed put to encrypted cold storage after starting the masternodes if you don't want to monitor them. Your local masternode.conf accepts multiple masternode lines. So clearly you have set your masternodes up differently. Any wallet.dat copy you have is an access point to your coins, so all of them have to be secured.
Bitcoins also sometimes get stolen/hacked. Bitcoin 2 is not immune to it unless you keep everything secure. A masternode that is accessible from the web is an easier target than a local node and so if there's any coins on a web server's wallet.dat file, careful security practices are needed.
It is easy to make a mistake somewhere along setting things up if you are not careful or don't know exactly what you are doing. So far in 8 months no one else has reported such losses of BTC2.
What the heck? I was surprised to what happened by john. @jackleszz can you give some extra precautionary measures on how to secure our btc2 in our desktop wallet? LOL!, I don't want it to happen to everyone.

I also do not know much operating the desktop wallet.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

What the heck? I was surprised to what happened by john. @jackleszz can you give some extra precautionary measures on how to secure our btc2 in our desktop wallet? LOL!, I don't want it to happen to everyone.

I also do not know much operating the desktop wallet.

AFAIK his didn't get stolen from a desktop wallet. He had done his masternode setup differently.

For desktops, the security advice is simpler. Just ensure no one else has access to your computer and don't install questionable programs on your computer. (As in keep it free from malware.)
You may also make offsite encrypted backups of your wallet.dat or private keys.

Senpou
Copper Member

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

when discord server ?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 03:34:49 AM

when discord server ?

To be created along with the next bounty, quite soon.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 05:17:02 AM

Will the signature bounty be included in the list of next ones?

Not sure yet. The bounty categories might all be ones we didn't have before.

Inskchen

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 11:05:36 AM

Will the signature bounty be included in the list of next ones?

Not sure yet. The bounty categories might all be ones we didn't have before.
I think bounty signatures should definitely be, this is a very effective way to promote.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: