Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can world Government Kill Crypto?  (Read 6425 times)
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:18:27 PM

If the government issues regulations and restrictions on how crypto moves, it will affect the circulation and the value of it indirectly. The restrictions issued for example are from the US and china, you can feel the challenge and drawbacks if you are going to join ICOs and other crypto activities. It may not kill the crypto because it is already presented but it may limit the movement of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OrganicMachine

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:21:17 PM

First of all, there is no World Government. The country governments cannot kill crypto, but can make life hard. And especially if they collaborate and work together. Lucky for us many countries have different rules and laws.

Exactly, they can only make it difficult. They can never halt this.
i mean look at torrenting they have been freaking out for years and its still going strong
CoPil

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:32:07 PM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks

They're probably blocking away cryptos from their county's system. They don't want to regulate it in their country that's why they're fighting for it not to be regulated and they even ban cryptos. It doesn't only threaten the government policies... they are probably resolving a lot of issues regarding losses and scam reports from their citizens regarding crypto. It is also a threat against their monetary unit. With that, they are fighting against it not killing it. Killing means destroying the currency itself and it is not like that.

Probably if it comes to a point where all countries banned cryptos then probably that's gonna kill the value of every crypto that we are fond of investing with.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:34:08 PM

They dont want to kill Bitcoin coz they have crypto investments. What they want is to make crypto collapse so they can buy a lot.  They could not do this as people doesn't want to giveup their coins. So they send FUD to make it possible.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:37:50 PM

there are already many platforms and projects funded with crypto and for the future I think countries are aware of it and then need it crypto

kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:43:55 PM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks

world government have power to kill crytos is easy way to kill cryptos by world government using the power ordered to all internet company issuing closure of bussiness for 3 months or until the c ryptos investor's give up to invest into cryptocurrency.
but iam not worry about your topic the three country you said want to regulate bitcoin is because the main reason on that way they want to collect taxes from bitcoin or they want to control the system of bitcoin as currency,  the SEC of united state conducting reset meeting for the crypto regulation hoping have an good result for the bitcoin.

DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:48:03 PM

It's not likely to happen because such being as blockchain is independent from everything, I believe. They may threaten people and censorise internet, but they cannot stop blockchain. It will live throughout the ages.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:59:13 PM

Even if the governments unite, they will not be able to destroy the crypto currency anyway. First, many states have already positively assessed the crypto currency and its technology and therefore will not join such a conspiracy against the crypto currency, and secondly, such governments will no longer be allowed to make the people. An example of this is the recent indignation of the people by the actions of one of the ministers of South Korea, who made a statement about the need to ban crypto currency. The people went out with the demand to dismiss such a minister.
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:10:56 AM

yes , absolutely.

I´ll tell you why. Because cryptocurrency has been sold, by marketing for "providing a stable way of doing projects". But THE REAL FACT, THE ONLY REAL FACT, is that crypto was used to evade money from goverments. Once the goverments have banned or difficulted this, Cryptocoins have lost in a single month half of its value. HALF!!! and the money in all the cryptomarket has gone from 800.000.000.000 dollars to 283.000.000.000 RIGHT NOW!!!!! THAT'S ALMOST 75%!!!

So....this was clear AF, and i already knew this. The goverments want to destroy crypto (and banks also want that) because whenever you put money on that goverment and banks lose the control and that brings to possiblity to evade taxes. Those mofos, that live at the expense of your money know that if all put money there, they will have less money to give it to their friends and so on.

They have killed cryptocurrency. Absolutely yes.

And this , what is actually happening proves my absolute and undisputable point: the moment goverments have banned crypto, crypto has died, because there is not a single viable project with blockchain. Just evading.

When a market loses 75% of it's value due to regulations, that means something, don't you think?HuhHuh?

That may be true, and I agree that they can. However, the better question is if they will? The cryptocurrency market has been a very high value market in the recent year; many people have shifted their focus and investment in it, and it has gained so much money and asset value every since its onset. Therefore, it would be counterproductive for a government or the world market to kill it off because that move would not do them any good. Governments are always in search of ways to increase their gain and profit, thus, why would they kill a market that is booming and has good potential.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:08:01 AM

It is hard to kill a movement because there is something called "a critical mass" and once a critical mass of people enters something you cannot roll back. It is also hard to kill such a strong and useful technology because there will always be someone who will accept it (take a look at Belarus example from the article) and other will have to "not fall behind", if not for anything then for political reasons. And cryptos became both - technology (for asset creation and distribution) and the movement (for decentralization and more fair wealth allocation).

i totally disagree, sorry. All altcoins are worth something due to the possibility to exchange it to BTC. once BTC crashes, those coins will be worth NOTHING. Who is going to be using mining and spending electricity on something that's worth NOTHING??

Actually not all. Some of them change to ETH and ETH can be exchanged directly for FIAT. However, yes, your reasoning is correct. I don't believe that Bitcoin can crash totally because of better regulation. Regulation is a positive thing. Banning is another thing, but not a single country has yet proposed to ban crypto trading, all news suggesting that were simply fake.

For god shake, i don't know if you have interests on any coin (i sold all my ETH at 1050$). i knew this was gonna happen. If BTC is worth almost nothing, all altcoins will be worth nothing. If BTC cannot be used in real live, nor will be those alt coins.

That was actually a smart move. I wish I did that so that I can buy a whole lot more at low prices. I am just hoping you are not using the FUD to get that little bit extra price down......

For me , cryptocurrency is dead, because goverments have done what they can only do: put regulations over them, so that they are not viable to evade taxes. This is the only truth of nowadays, and what proves why BTC and ETH have lost 50% of its value in 1 month, or why in that same period, the money invested in cryptomarket has gone from 800.000.000.000 dollars to about 280.000.000.000.000, that's like 70% down.
Face it, those that are farming, will spend more money in electricity and actual profit. And yes, they have killed cryptocurrency. At all. If you don't believe me, see the graphs of all coins and compare news from goverments to falls in price. they absolutely match.

Yes, but they had a gain of 1000% in a very short period of time too, so I don't see the market as "falling apart" just yet. The only thing that is pitty is that the expected market crash, correction, or whatever you would like to call it, came after some totally insignificant, and mainly fake news. Check this thread for the discussions on the matter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2865338.msg29417479#msg29417479, you will not that crypto development has much more technical strength over the FUD, but marketing is unfortunately a different thing.

Anyway, a rise and crash of Bitcoin is normal and expected, look at its graph over time since the start. Nothing unusual there.

Thanks for your answer, but i partially disagree.

If the market and people actually believed in this project of blockchain, why would you run away from it at the first hit? Well....this is where i disagree with you. You say that there is a big technical strength in crypto. But that's not true. It was the actual marketing of crypto who said that. If you spend like me about 1 week watching the projects behind all those alt coins, you will see that none of them has a viable project, just a good idea (and used ico to get the money, btw, those coins are worth NOTHING nowadays). The real fact is that none of them have made their way through this disaster. all crashed at the same speed of BTC, and thats irrefutable.  

Can you tell me what is actually backing up the project of ETH for example?? Who and what is behind that?? well.....nothing. Cryptocoins are usefull as long as you can make money with it (which is btw a type of gambling). but the real fact is that, once goverments and banks have entered the fight, with the first hit they've had enough. that 70% lost, are all the people that where in for the hype, the tax evasion, or just to gamble. once goberments have said: ban or tighter controls, all the market has collapsed.

It collapses because of the controls and regulations? or just because people don't believe in the projects they invested in because of the controls? choose one. There is no other option.

BTW, i'm not interested in buying any coin, because that's the biggest error you can make right now, since the market is already collapsing. If you buy, you are going to lose money, thats granted. but do whatever you want, it's your money. Just and advice: only use the money you can afford LOSING.  

you say that losing more than 50% of its value means nothing because it won a lot before. That's actually false. Cryptocoins won money due to DE-regulations not value. Goverment and banks said nothing. once the problem was big enough for them, the old system has crashed to ashes cryptocurrency, and that will never return.

Forget about projects, cryptocurrency was not about that, that was just the lie for you to enter. cryptocurrency was all about tax evasion. Simple as that. And once evading has been made difficult, it has crashed because investors leaved the place as soon as they could. 800.000.000.000 before announcements of regulations , controls and bans. 275.000.000.000 after those announcements. it's clear as water my friend.

in the last 24 hours, the market cap of ETH has lost 14.000.000.000 dollars. what i cannot understand is why people are still farming. Are they dreaming of an epic comeback?the profit per card (considering 32Mh/s per card) is actually about 1,5 dollars per day (without considering electricity costs). so.......

205.000Gh/s are actually mining ETH. WTF!!! prices way down, difficulty way up, with Casper behind the door already knocking. the only reason i can think of is that all that people are knocked like a boxer that has received a big punch in the face. 205.000 Gh/s of convinced people that this is just a hole in the rough path. but it's not. If you cannot win free money with cryptocoins.....well, happens what it is happening right now.

Stock exchange market is similar, although "a little bit" more mature and settled down - there are many people that run away at the first hit. There is a great technical strength in blockchain and system of smart contracts. However, the point where you are indeed right lies in the fact that most of the platforms are still very underdeveloped and marketing is way ahead of technology and adoption. I however strongly believe that 2018. and 2019. will be the years of slow catching up.

Governments are able to control the market to some extent, but apparently they are also afraid of the masses and falling behind, and if you carefully sort out the news, most of them are in favor of crypto technologies, only with more strict regulations - which is only a good thing. You have a court debate in the USA speaking in favor of crypto, China obviously wanting to adopt and take out the most from this new technology, Russia speaking in favour.... and there will be more and more people and systems accepting payments in crypto, just like the recent case with winter Olympic champion.

Your option of choices is correct, however, there is one thing you are not correct about - market never collapsed - it's just FUD saying it collapsed. It just went through a few corrections.

About your mathematics - your calculations are also correct, but as you can see the situation is slowly stabilizing and we yet have to see where it is going. The market is currently sitting and around 430 mils. It shows high volatility, but we already knew that.  Also, although the market corrected, it is still on a much higher level then it was just a few months ago. To use your own words - it's as clear as water.

About mining, well I can only agree with you. However, I don't believe that people don't have their own calculations. Maybe they calculated their gain/loss based on projected future values, not on the current ones.

angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:11:51 PM

Government can ban it but can't stop or kill the crypto,It is grooming industry this is just start and capture the market. People are switching to this world and they find the proper safe way of investment,trading and globally transaction on fingertips.

Near future it will more stable and no one can stop it because majority is authority it will capture more attention.

Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:16:22 PM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks

Maybe YES and maybe NO. Maybe YES because governments are powerful and they control their own nation. Governments have the power to ban bitcoin in their people and if they want to, can totally vanish the transaction of bitcoin. Maybe NO because they cannot control the digital world and totally wipe out the existence of bitcoin over the internet.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:24:38 PM

I think that no one wants to kill cryptocurrency, all the laws are being made for someone to get rich, and everyone fells for it and think that cryptocurrency will be banned soon, I think that is a lie and do not pay attention to these laws. Today was added 1 bad law for cryptocurrency, and tomorrow will add 2 good ones)
goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:33:25 PM

I don't think cryptocurrency can be banned or entirely kill by the governments around the world. The blockchain is an independent phenomenon which will exist no matter what happens. They can limit use, but not more.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:04:07 PM

I agree, but I think this will happen in just two steps: before they will make illegal bitcoin with some pretexts, and so you can bet that the vast majority of population won't use it.
Then, they'll propose a kind of "official coin" - of course fully centralized - claiming that it's the "true and safe cryptocurrency".

Btw, if bitcoin will become more accepted, it will be very difficult for a government to ban it without to provoke a strong reaction of population.
It will be a bloody war, we'll see what will happen.

Governments can try to kill crypto, but it's impossible to control the blockchain, due to its decentralization: even if a country ban bitcoin, you can always use them online.
Of course, if all governments will really start a war against bitcoin, it could become dangerous to use them.
But I think that the only aim of any government is just to tax cryptocurrencies, not to kill them.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:05:45 PM

Of course, maybe I think that they can do harm precisely by laws that will prohibit the use of crypto-currencies, but on the other hand, then the freedom of a person will be greatly infringed, so in this case I think that you can not do this. It is necessary to search for compromises
ahamid1982

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:07:30 PM

however long the debate, whatever the arguments, nothing abates the fear of uncertainty lying around the future of cryptocurrencies as the outlying factors are piling up and beyond predictive scenarios. Governments will be able to influence the course of the Crypto. But this is a whole industry, a new industry of the future, and it can not just be killed!
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:10:52 PM

Government wont kill crypto, as the government created that technology. Blockchain controled by the goverment. Right now is a short period of time when everything setups and regulation is only in development. After that, all our money will be open for the government, so you would not hide your money from the taxes. Be ready.

Rizwan Javed

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:19:10 PM

I don't think the world government can kill crypto they don't have control on it so far. The cryptocurrency is a digital currency that the government has to accept on the basis of influence of technology.
KryptoVlad

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:25:58 PM

The government will not be able to completely kill the cryptocurrency. But to implement at least a minimum of control it has.I'm not worried about the future of cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: