Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:49:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658505 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:11:31 PM

Quality over quantity we are talking about an exchange that will likely be dealing with a lot of money after all
Denominated in BTC

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:32:28 PM

Oracle
Our systems are being developed using Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition, I believe we are the first company in Cyprus to utilize this new product. Oracle provide solutions for the largest organizations in the world. Our development team are now official Oracle partners.
Oracle will provide us with some great exposure on an international scale, they will be promoting the fact that Neo & Bee are powered by Oracle, this includes articles in their publications and a success story being published surrounding Neo & Bee.

Oracle? Really? Why would you waste shareholder money on overpriced crap?  Because it has "Enterprise" in the name?

Marketing and promotion.

Marketing of what?  Their own cluelessness? Why not just download PostgreSQL and spend $47k on advertising? Caixa Econômica Federal is the second largest bank in Brazil and uses Postgres.

If I were a shareholder I'd be pretty pissed about them throwing money away like this.   I'd much rather my my investment money go towards building the actual company, not buying more fighter jets and Hawaiian islands for Larry Ellison.
Are you retarded or what? WHO THE FUCK IS GONNA DO THE SUPPORT IDIOT???
The open source community?

What a clown...
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:41:07 PM

It's not a surprise that any big company has some Oracle somewhere. So?

What a clown...
You have no idea how the software industry work, do you? Hint: http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/
Before calling someone "retarded", perhaps check how stuff work.
Another troll - welcome!

I have worked as a developer idiot here:
compucon.gr (4 years)

and here:
http://www.intracom-telecom.com/index.htm (6 years)

You?
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:44:33 PM

I have worked as a developer idiot
I don't doubt it.

It's not a surprise that any big company has some Oracle somewhere. So?

What a clown...
You have no idea how the software industry work, do you? Hint: http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/
Before calling someone "retarded", perhaps check how stuff work.
And before you start making even more of a fool of yourself: I have worked with Oracle. Did you?

TROLLING then
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:51:43 PM

Yes, since you are a developer yet have no idea how software support work for things like Postgres, you are a developer idiot. It's sad that even jokes have to be explained to you.
No one laughed I assure you.

I bet you know because you are a developer genius - you did not tell as where you have worked though.

And your experience in support...
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:54:21 PM

No answer eh?
Typical ANONYMOUS troll - what a surprise! Back to my ignore list...
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:22:36 PM

Wow, this klee guy is retarded... Earned a spot on the ignore list.

The other guys are pretty much spot on about their database remark, the opensource alternatives are just as good and have professional paid support.
Anyway I understand why they opted to go for Oracle as database software, it's expensive but pretty good, also it's a little easier to find a suitable oracle developer.

So please everyone stop behaving like you know anything about this stuff...

-A full-time DBA

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:23:43 PM

Well personally I'd be more impressed when they have:

- Got the websites URLs that they need to use
- Got approval from the authorities to take peoples money
- Got some proper sign-off from professionals/accountants for their business model

Right now I see a company thats done a good cash-raise burning through it fast with a lot of staff and infrastructure, but no customers yet - I guess thats the real gamble........
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:26:42 PM

klee, as anonymous as any retard in this forum, how confused are you about databases and what is used and where? Never mind, this is a rhetorical question.
If those clowns are going for Oracle... pff. good luck and thank you for a early warning. You sure know how to piss yor investors money away.
Have a nice ride to...

ex-trader accountants do not evaluate "business models". You probably meant "business plan" with shiny predictions for future income (aka fiction)

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
San1ty

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:53:42 PM

klee, as anonymous as any retard in this forum, how confused are you about databases and what is used and where? Never mind, this is a rhetorical question.
If those clowns are going for Oracle... pff. good luck and thank you for a early warning. You sure know how to piss yor investors money away.
Have a nice ride to...

ex-trader accountants do not evaluate "business models". You probably meant "business plan" with shiny predictions for future income (aka fiction)

Why are you so opposed to oracle? What other big recurring costs do they have besides guaranteeing their customer data is safe?.

ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:58:29 PM

Have a nice ride to...

I actually meant the business model ie where is the customers money invested and what happens if BTC falls a lot....
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:48:52 PM

Everyone has an opinion & an asshole!

For the assholes:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5975907/postgresql-vs-oracle

Whoever has used postgresql support in a big system with real pressure from many angry clients please raise hands!
The same for Oracle.

Well???

I bet the assholes upthread have worked in big companies/software houses with freaking pressure on their backs.

I have not used postgresql but I can tell you the one and only moto in big companies:

We pay for the support and not for the application!

Go use Linux and open source.

Don't get me wrong - they are great and I love them. I hate Microsoft and I have recently (after 10 years being a mac user) have been an Apple hater too.

But open source is not always the best solution.

I am out.

PS: Ytterbium & Pancake I hope Labcoin is a better investment than this lol
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:50:24 PM

Have a nice ride to...

Indulge me!
Whats your experience dude? Ever worked in something as big as NeoBee might be?

Or hacking alone in your bedroom all day? Ever worked in a real company?? With people? You know...
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:59:43 PM

Yes, since you are a developer yet have no idea how software support work for things like Postgres, you are a developer idiot. It's sad that even jokes have to be explained to you.

I bet you know because you are a developer genius - you did not tell as where you have worked though.

I thought it was kinda funny.

klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:02:00 PM

I thought it was kinda funny.
I knew he was joking but I am not - the difference between being a troll or not.
Vycid

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:03:21 PM

Have a nice ride to...

Indulge me!

Or hacking alone in your bedroom all day? Ever worked in a real company?? With people? You know...

I think you're missing the point. $47k per CPU is not an acceptable expense for a company that has raised maybe $1-2M. Every one of these initial dollars are precious. If they are all gone before NEOBEE is cash-positive, it fails.

NEOBEE has painted itself into a corner. No dilution. ALL of the public shares are up for sale at the current price point.

If they cannot succeed with the cash they have now, they will not succeed at all, because they have no way to raise more. And they sure are being careless with that cash.

Vycid gives NEOBEE a "don't buy" based on the way they are burning their capital and the absurdly optimistic business plan.

I would be interested in a justification from Danny for that $47k+ expense (or perhaps that he got a special deal?)

San1ty

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:11:21 PM

Have a nice ride to...

Indulge me!

I think you're missing the point. $47k per CPU is not an acceptable expense for a company that has raised maybe $1-2M. Every one of these initial dollars are precious. If they are all gone before NEOBEE is cash-positive, it fails.

NEOBEE has painted itself into a corner. No dilution. ALL of the public shares are up for sale at the current price point.

If they cannot succeed with the cash they have now, they will not succeed at all, because they have no way to raise more. And they sure are being careless with that cash.

Vycid gives NEOBEE a "don't buy" based on the way they are burning their capital and the absurdly optimistic business plan.

Don't they also have a user based license scheme instead of using CPU's?

Vycid

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:12:30 PM

Have a nice ride to...

Indulge me!

I'm not an Oracle licensing expert, but my understanding is that it is "too expensive for a (crowdfunded) startup". If anyone can correct that assumption I would be interested to hear it.

Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:13:20 PM

Oracle
Our systems are being developed using Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition, I believe we are the first company in Cyprus to utilize this new product. Oracle provide solutions for the largest organizations in the world. Our development team are now official Oracle partners.
Oracle will provide us with some great exposure on an international scale, they will be promoting the fact that Neo & Bee are powered by Oracle, this includes articles in their publications and a success story being published surrounding Neo & Bee.

Oracle? Really? Why would you waste shareholder money on overpriced crap?  Because it has "Enterprise" in the name?

Here's your answer:

"I'm Too Poor to Buy Cheap"

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

San1ty

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:15:20 PM

Have a nice ride to...

Indulge me!

I'm not an Oracle licensing expert, but my understanding is that it is "too expensive for a (crowdfunded) startup". If anyone can correct that assumption I would be interested to hear it.

Me neither, also their website is a mess.

By the way: I was defending Oracle a little bit earlier on, but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to using postgre...

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: